• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Only had a 3 hour shift at work today because it was all overtime hours, so I'm enjoying the rest of my day with some Pokemon Sun and The Megas. Gonna watch my girlfriend resume Shining Force, too.
Somone else likes The Megas? I like you.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Ayyyyy Pokemon Go News! Generation 2 Pokemon confirmed! I thought it would take them longer to get Gen 2 in the game honestly. This is a nice update for the end of 2016. I don't play Pokemon Go but its awesome to see that they're still working on the game and adding new content. More variety is always nice

Last edited:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Somone else likes The Megas? I like you.
Yep, been listening to them since the dark ages of Get Equipped. Not a horrible album by any means, but hoooooo boy have they really improved beyond that and it's a bit hard to go back. History Repeating really blew me away by comparison. I'm hoping for a Shovel Knight album at some point, since it's effectively a spiritual medieval successor to Mega Man.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yep, been listening to them since the dark ages of Get Equipped. Not a horrible album by any means, but hoooooo boy have they really improved beyond that and it's a bit hard to go back. History Repeating really blew me away by comparison. I'm hoping for a Shovel Knight album at some point, since it's effectively a spiritual medieval successor to Mega Man.
A Shovel Knight album would be tight. It is possible especially since they did the Castlevania LP.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
A Shovel Knight album would be tight. It is possible especially since they did the Castlevania LP.
Yeah, Heart of Fire and Out of Time are currently two of my favorites- they're absolutely fantastic. History Repeating: Red is by far my favorite album, and just one of my favorite albums in general. As for my top 5 songs I'd definitely want them to do on a Shovel Knight album, it'd be: An Underlying Problem (Mole Knight's Stage), Fighting With All of Our Might (Guest Boss Fight), The Inner Struggle (Final Level - Part 2), Flowers of Antimony (Plague Knight's Stage), and The Apparition (Specter Knight's Theme).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, Heart of Fire and Out of Time are currently two of my favorites- they're absolutely fantastic. History Repeating: Red is by far my favorite album, and just one of my favorite albums in general. As for my top 5 songs I'd definitely want them to do on a Shovel Knight album, it'd be: An Underlying Problem, Fighting With All of Our Might, The Inner Struggle, Flowers of Antimony, and The Apparition.
Yeah History Repeating: Red is my favourite too. Harder Than Steel being in my opinion their best song.

I don't know any song by name honestly; from Shovel Knight.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ayyyyy Pokemon Go News! Generation 2 Pokemon confirmed! I thought it would take them longer to get Gen 2 in the game honestly. This is a nice update for the end of 2016. I don't play Pokemon Go but its awesome to see that they're still working on the game and adding new content. More variety is always nice
I'm still waiting for it to be released here. ;_;

I guess I'll get a more complete package though, so that's nice.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Because it's a giant step back.
*shrugs* I was watching RelaxAlax and he was talking about how if they do it right then it'll be a great way to get a devoted fanbase to buy the Switch. Seriously...if I were to call the Melee fanbase one thing, it'd be devoted.

Speaking of Melee; me and my friends have been playing that game and Project M a lot during lunchtime at school... Now looking at them through a more competitive lens I can definitely see what people like about them...

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
So I found this Chrome extension that plays Animal Crossing music by the hour. You could also switch between games to suit your preferences. And there's modifiable town tunes too. It's pretty nice.
:176:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wish I had either Super Smash Flash 2 Beta or Super Smash Bros. Crusade v0.9.1 to kill my time with all this Smash Switch news.

Too bad neither have given us any hints on when they'll actually be released (despite that both games have released the previous versions TWO YEARS AGO!) :glare:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wish I had either Super Smash Flash 2 Beta or Super Smash Bros. Crusade v0.9.1 to kill my time with all this Smash Switch news.

Too bad neither have given us any hints on when they'll actually be released (despite that both games have released the previous versions TWO YEARS AGO!) :glare:
I wanna know the unlockables on SSF2 already

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

Aren't those games bad? That's what I've heard about them...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Are those games bad? That's what I've heard about them...
Far from bad. They're both fun & amazing Smash fan games.

My issue is that their next updates (both promising a TON of great new content) are taking FOREVER to be released.

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Far from bad. They're both fun & amazing Smash fan games.

My issue is that their next updates (both promising a TON of great new content) are taking FOREVER to be released.
I was watching the video by...I think it was Heeew...when he played Super Smash Infinite. The Cloud in that game is even more powerful than Smash 4 Cloud...

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Melee HD would be cool, I would get it if it happened. It was my first Smash game.I love watching Melee and enjoy playing it. the only problem is that Melee HD would make the Melee fanboys even worse. Thats the thing I dislike the most about Melee... not the game. i love the game. Its some of the fans that are annoying

Last edited:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I'd appreciate it if you changed the thread name to Melee kalikimaka.

Honestly, Melee HD would probably be nice. Who knows if Nintendo would even start supporting the competitive community in some ways.
Then also I could try my hands on Melee.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I'd appreciate it if you changed the thread name to Melee kalikimaka.

Honestly, Melee HD would probably be nice. Who knows if Nintendo would even start supporting the competitive community in some ways.
Then also I could try my hands on Melee.
Melee is super fun but its hard to get good at first (at least for me) Took me a while to get L-cancelling and wavedashing down. Melee was my first Smash game and luckily I kept my copy for over 10 years. I just dusted off my Wii and tried it competitively. It is pretty expensive to get a Melee copy nowadays.
You can also play Melee Light, which is pretty cool

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Melee HD would be cool, I would get it if it happened. It was my first Smash game.I love watching Melee and enjoy playing it. the only problem is that Melee HD would make the Melee fanboys even worse. Thats the thing I dislike the most about Melee... not the game. i love the game. Its some of the fans that are annoying
After playing Brawl and Smash 3DS / Wii U, I can pretty much tell that it's tougher to make successful recoveries in Melee. After Brawl, no one can fall faster than Melee Fox, or at least not without Anchor Jump equipment. In fact, excluding Final Smashes, no one in Smash 3DS / Wii U can fall faster than Melee Sheik.

Now, for some notable information, a Greninja with three pieces of Anchor Jump equipment would set its falling speed to 3.145, which surpasses Melee Falco's falling speed, but they also increase Greninja's gravity to 0.306, which surpasses Melee Giga Bowser's gravity value.

I don't think I need to mention how high falling speed and high gravity can be an awful mix, as that combination can really hurt long ranged recoveries. At least in Smash 3DS / Wii U, Fox Illusion doesn't leave Fox helpless anymore, so his recovery is far better now than it was in Melee; of course, Fox also falls slower, which adds to the recovery improvements.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I used to have a lot of nostalgia for Melee, since I was really into Smash 64 when it first came out, and when I finally got to play Melee, it was pretty amazing to play compared to the original, with adventure mode and a plethora of new characters. It was a pretty exciting time for an 11-12 year old to be playing the Gamecube. That being said, that nostalgia was taken out back and shot like Ol' Yeller a couple years ago when I started reading about some really toxic stuff that goes on. I also just rarely meet a massive Melee fan who isn't really snooty and uppity about it. At any rate, as neat as it would be to see an older Smash game be remade, I think the closest thing really is going to be the Switch port of Smash 4. That's the one they want to resell since it's the definitive modern Smash entry. Having two Smash entries at the same time on the same system would draw sales away from the one they want to sell while severely increasing the work load, and the Melee community is- let's be honest- really touchy about everything about the game. If an HD version of Melee fixed a glitch or two (it probably would), or something was off by like, less than a frame (I could see it happening), people would be upset. Imagine if Yoshi's grab actually worked properly! People would be livid.

I think what we're likely to get is an upscaled version of Melee on Virtual Console. I don't think it'll come out until after Smash Switch, either.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I got Pokemon Sun and Moon as of two days ago. Have not started Moon because I traditionally use their "default" names on the second version such as Brendan, Lucas, Hilbert, etc. However, the playable characters don't even have canon names, so I can't come up with names for them...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm pretty excited about the prospect of Gamecube Virtual Console. A lot of gems that you could play on the go.

Super Mario Strikers, Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Power Tennis, Melee, Path of Radiance, and the list goes on.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
After playing Brawl and Smash 3DS / Wii U, I can pretty much tell that it's tougher to make successful recoveries in Melee. After Brawl, no one can fall faster than Melee Fox, or at least not without Anchor Jump equipment. In fact, excluding Final Smashes, no one in Smash 3DS / Wii U can fall faster than Melee Sheik.

Now, for some notable information, a Greninja with three pieces of Anchor Jump equipment would set its falling speed to 3.145, which surpasses Melee Falco's falling speed, but they also increase Greninja's gravity to 0.306, which surpasses Melee Giga Bowser's gravity value.

I don't think I need to mention how high falling speed and high gravity can be an awful mix, as that combination can really hurt long ranged recoveries. At least in Smash 3DS / Wii U, Fox Illusion doesn't leave Fox helpless anymore, so his recovery is far better now than it was in Melee; of course, Fox also falls slower, which adds to the recovery improvements.
It is pretty tough to switch from Smash 4 to Melee or vice versa. Its pretty crazy how M2k switches between the games so well. But I've played Melee competitively enough so that its not too bad of a transition. Maybe because I play pretty much the same characters throughout all the Smash games.
and I believe Falco was the fastest fastfaller in Melee. The main reason he couldn't be chaingrabbed by Marth at 0%.
And messing with equipment is pretty fun lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And messing with equipment is pretty fun lol
Yeah it's something that I've done with Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. For some customization examples, Morton is the most defensive, but also the slowest; Wendy is the floatiest; Iggy falls like an anchor, but has the fastest dash.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I did it, I have finally buyed not one, not two, but THREE Metal Gear games.
I will fix the error to have never played a game in the series before and able to say that I am a true Metal Gear fan.
...But now, I am going to sleep, so, good night everyone! :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm pretty excited about the prospect of Gamecube Virtual Console. A lot of gems that you could play on the go.

Super Mario Strikers, Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Power Tennis, Melee, Path of Radiance, and the list goes on.
Path of Radiance on the VC would be great for fans of the new games to play a good Fire Emblem.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's only one problem with the idea of a GameCube virtual console, and it has to do with the fact that Memory Cards are needed to save game data. A virtual memory card would have to be created first.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There's only one problem with the idea of a GameCube virtual console, and it has to do with the fact that Memory Cards are needed to save game data. A virtual memory card would have to be created first.
That is very easy.
If Dolphin emulator was able to reverse-engineer that, it's should be even easier for Nintendo.

Top Bottom