• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Daw man. Life changes can be tough. They are usually for the bad I would say, but it's great to see you are not letting it take over! Man, I could actually purchase premium now. Times a changin
Thanks, my life has indeed become difficult. But still, having people like you are the reason why I still try to have a smile on the face and continue to post on this forum. :)
Oh and, you can buy premium? Well....good for you! I guess....*go into the corner*
I sure hope you like movies.
Nice joke m8, I sure hope I have the popcorn indeed.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
Nice joke m8, I sure hope I have the popcorn indeed.
no im serious

it gets especially terrible with MGS4, which is approximately 4 hours of gameplay (which betrays the rest of the series for the most part) and 7 hours of cutscenes, it's so over saturated with them. and aside from that, it just has the laziest storytelling in the franchise, it's mostly rushed and there is tons of exposition. Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of why I wish game developers would get more clever with conveying their narrative as opposed to sticking segments of a movie in between gameplay

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
no im serious

it gets especially terrible with MGS4, which is approximately 4 hours of gameplay (which betrays the rest of the series for the most part) and 7 hours of cutscenes, it's so over saturated with them. and aside from that, it just has the laziest storytelling in the franchise, it's mostly rushed and there is tons of exposition. Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of why I wish game developers would get more clever with conveying their narrative as opposed to sticking segments of a movie in between gameplay
I don't care about that. Yes, I know that. Everyone know MGS4 is more a movie than a game and I accept this. Plus, I prefer long cutscene that are entertaining rather than "move" forward because the dev don't want you to break the script they made while still calling it "gameplay". In MGS4, atleast when you play, you are actually playing the game.

Last edited:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
than "move" forward because the dev don't want you to break the script they made while still calling it "gameplay". In MGS4, atleast when you play, you are actually playing the game.
Well, that's an issue with MGS4, the gameplay isn't very good

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, that's an issue with MGS4, the gameplay isn't very good
By what standard? Are we comparing it to MGS V? The game that everyone say that the gameplay is soooooo good but the story is so weak that it's hard to think that it come from a MGS game?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Homestly maybe it's just me but if they gave it an art style likeWind Waker I think it would fit.

Plus if they remade it for the Switch but let you get all party members like the psp version I'd be so down for it.
PSP version? Of Fire Emblem? I think you're referring to something other than what I/the rest of the thread was referring to. Maybe you misread "FE4" as "FF4" or something.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
PSP version? Of Fire Emblem? I think you're referring to something other than what I/the rest of the thread was referring to. Maybe you misread "FE4" as "FF4" or something.
lol My bad. Yeah I could have sworn it said FF4.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
By what standard?
the rest of the series

MGS4 decided to take a more action based approach with it's gameplay, the entire game is littered with scripted setpieces that are not made up for with it's lacking stealth sections and incredibly underwhelming boss fights. The gameplay ultimately just serve to shove in 4 hours of plot in to what is already a game with 7 hours of movie in it. now, many of the automated or walking simulator sections of the game are used to better effect than most games, but it's still incredibly underwhelming

and aside from that, MGS4's script is just lacking in a ton of places, so it's not even the best story the series has to offer. I'd really just stick to the first three and V for your MGS fix. revengeance is pretty good too

Last edited:

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
They do have some FE games on the VC, but they were FE7 and FE8 (Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones) and thats how I was able to play them. But they aren't the Japan-only games. Having them on the VC translated and all would be nice, but tbh I would also like a remake/sequel to some of them, like a sequel to Binding Blade, or a 3rd story in Tellius. There's a lot of cool stuff they could do, such as a story about the Seven Heroes, Ike's dad, Greil, or Anri, Marth's ancestor. I hope the next FE game is something like that
Yeah...A story about the 7 legendary heroes from Blazing Sword would be cool

Like how Binding Blade had Hector and Eliwood, and then Blazing Sword focused around them...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
the rest of the series

MGS4 decided to take a more action based approach with it's gameplay, the entire game is littered with scripted setpieces that are not made up for with it's lacking stealth sections and incredibly underwhelming boss fights. The gameplay ultimately just serve to shove in 4 hours of plot in to what is already a game with 7 hours of movie in it. now, many of the automated or walking simulator sections of the game are used to better effect than most games, but it's still incredibly underwhelming

and aside from that, MGS4's script is just lacking in a ton of places, so it's not even the best story the series has to offer. I'd really just stick to the first three and V for your MGS fix. revengeance is pretty good too
Thanks for saying that, but even then, I'm still gonna to play it.
You are right, the story and the gameplay aren't perfect, Kojima tried to answer so many question and please so many fan for the "final" of the MGS franchise. And in the end, he kinda shoot himself in the foot.
But still, this game is a MGS game, it's the game that conclude the Solid Snake saga. And even with all the problem this game has. It still try to follow (more or less poorly) the old MGS.
MGS V however feel like it's just trying to do the hell it want and in the end. You have a game that feel unfinished and a story so poorly done that it make MGS 4 story great if you compare the two. Seriously, the story suck in V, no matter how you try to look at it. (and let's not talk about the twist, even N.Shyamalan would find it stupid)
To end this, MGS 4 is a flawed game, but still a game with cool stuff in it that make it worth playing for me. MGS V tough, is a flawed game that just doesn't interest me at all in term of gameplay or story, so I won't play it. I don't care if I'm watching a movie, because it will still better than The Phantom Pain poor attempt to be the "final" of the serie. (breathing by her skin? seriously?)

Last edited:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for saying that, but even then, I'm still gonna to play it.
You are right, the story and the gameplay aren't perfect, Kojima tried to answer so many question and please so many fan for the "final" of the MGS franchise. And in the end, he kinda shoot himself in the foot.
But still, this game is a MGS game, it's the game that conclude the Solid Snake saga. And even with all the problem this game has. It still try to follow (more or less poorly) the old MGS.
MGS V however feel like it's just trying to do the hell it want and in the end. You have a game that feel unfinished and a story so poorly done that it make MGS 4 story great if you compare the two. Seriously, the story suck in V, no matter how you try to look at it. (and let's not talk about the twist, even N.Shyamalan would find it stupid)
To end this, MGS 4 is a flawed game, but still a game with cool stuff in it that make it worth playing for me. MGS V tough, is a flawed game that just doesn't interest me at all in term of gameplay or story, so I won't play it. I don't care if I'm watching a movie, because it will still better than The Phantom Pain poor attempt to be the "final" of the serie. (breathing by her skin? seriously?)
V has some of the most fun gameplay in the series, though.

also, if you're not a fan of Quiet's excuse I have a hard time believing you're going to like the Beauty and the Beast unit

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
V has some of the most fun gameplay in the series, though.

also, if you're not a fan of Quiet's excuse I have a hard time believing you're going to like the Beauty and the Beast unit
No really, atleast Kojima admitted in some way that the BB unit were created because they were attractif. He didn't try to justify it with something as stupid as "breathing by her skin".

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Guess who's been on the boards for an year!
You're right, it's ya boy me!

This place, and this thread to be specific, has sort of become my internet home by now.
Really, it's been nice to actually be even slightly active is some part of the internet, and I have also been able to talk about stuff like video games, since it's not really possible in my school.
And I must commend Smashboards for being such a nice place. I really haven't encountered any actually nasty people, and most discussion here has been sensible, even though obviously someone sometimes says stupid things, not me in the least.
But I'd like to ask the mods that how often banning is actually necessary? Because I don't think that I have seen anyone that extreme here. Or am I just reading the wrong threads?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Huh, that reminds me. It's soon going to be 4 years since I joined the boards too.

4 years.

I was a somewhat naïve highschooler back then, ignorant about the ways of the internet. My cuteness or language addiction wasn't a thing yet. I've changed a lot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For me, it be like...1 year and a half?
Woah, frankly, I tough I did more than that. But I was wrong.
Not that I regret, Smashboard is awesome forum with awesome peoples.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...Oh god, I don't know if I can do this...
Hello there! how you going? Nice weather eh? Uhhhhh....
Ech, let's go to the point already....
In short, I have do some some lyric for the theme of a character in my story.
Of course, since I am just alone. There isn't a actual music to go with it but, thanks to a song that I mentionned before. I had the need to write lyric for one important character in my story.
So, I writed and I shared the lyric with my sister. Who, beside some fault that she corrected, said that it was amazing!
Not ending here, she said that it will be cool to share it here.
Sooooo yeaaaaah....I hope you will enjoy those lyric and that, if you like it, said it in a comment. Just a simple "hey, it's good!" can mean alot to me so feel free to say it.
Enough talk, here what I have done.
Cobra Theme – The Sky We Share

The sun rise as the sand fly

While the sky slowy open as we walk

As if someone was looking at our eyes

Carrying the will of those who fall

We advance without a word

Even if we are afraid of what's beyond

We feel weak but we cannot stop

Because there is no other choice but to go

Or our eyes will close as we do...

The sky we share

Reminding us of our past

Every memories, every sins

The night arrive, we keep fighting

As the eyes of heaven watch, we keep advancing

Until the day, on the last battlefield

We close our eyes as we keep going

With a last tough and nothing else

Our soul go, fire shot

No one notice as we keep going

Until we stop, when the battle is won

Only now, we look in silence...

To every comrade who fall...

Looking at the sky

For us, for every sins that we have done

All the eyes that are watching, remind us of what we did

As the moon dissapear

Closing like a old history...

But in the end, as I remain

I will keeping moving, to honor them

As a shadow of myself

Until the day my eyes close and I look for the last time

At the sky that we shared
By the way, the song that inspired me was "Calling to the Night" from MGS Special Ops. So, take that as you will.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I saw a couple Pokemon Sun & Moon related videos that suggest which Pokemon are the best and worst. HP,95

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nVphFzYpbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMH_MSe-BkM

However, there are a couple things that make little sense.
  • Toxapex: While it does have the Merciless ability, that ability doesn't change the fact that its offenses are mediocre. It does have strong defenses, but it's also quite slow, and it needs to poison its target in order to get the guaranteed critical hits. Unfortunately for Toxapex, anything that's immune to poison, or has the Shell Armor or Battle Armor abilities, pretty much renders Merciless useless. Frankly, it's not even close to being overpowered, especially when a large amount of Pokemon can easily outspeed and 2-hit KO it with attacks like Earthquake or Psychic.
  • Silvally: It may not be as strong as Arceus, but you probably shouldn't dismiss it as a threat when it has ways to demolish teams. Silvally gets Swords Dance, which should always be kept in mind when facing it, and the memory that it holds can also play a factor on how well it can plow through teams.
Two things here. Merciless is a really neat ability and can be amazing under the right circumstances, but it's not Toxapex's best ability for competitive. Its hidden ability is Regenerator, which has greater utility combined with its defense stats. As for Silvally, while it being a poor man's Arceus is neat (and its design is way better than Arceus')... Type: Null is actually considered better. Give it an Eviolite and it's way bulkier than Silvally, since it only gets a speed increase upon evolution. 95 base HP with 143 base defenses is really good.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Two things here. Merciless is a really neat ability and can be amazing under the right circumstances, but it's not Toxapex's best ability for competitive. Its hidden ability is Regenerator, which has greater utility combined with its defense stats. As for Silvally, while it being a poor man's Arceus is neat (and its design is way better than Arceus')... Type: Null is actually considered better. Give it an Eviolite and it's way bulkier than Silvally, since it only gets a speed increase upon evolution. 95 base HP with 143 base defenses is really good.
Yeah Type: Null does get the Eviolite benefit, but it lacks the ability to change its own typing, which can be a problem against certain opponents. Also, Type: Null and Silvally do not have access to all of the attack types, so Type: Null isn't able to cover the things that Silvally can take care of, especially when the RKS System ability and Multi-Attack come into play.

For one example, a Ground-type (or Fighting-type) Silvally can 2-hit KO Aggron with Multi-Attack (1-hit KO after a Swords Dance boost, assuming that Aggron doesn't have Sturdy), while Type: Null would have problems trying to get past Aggron.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Havent been here in a while, mostly because I forgot to check. How is it going?
I've been on the road for HOURS this afternoon. I thought I'd be able to make the 13 hour drive from Texas to Minnesota through the night, but I really needed to stop at a hotel in Kansas City, which I did, but I HATE it here.

How have you been though?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I've been on the road for HOURS this afternoon. I thought I'd be able to make the 13 hour drive from Texas to Minnesota through the night, but I really needed to stop at a hotel in Kansas City, which I did, but I HATE it here.

How have you been though?
Man, sounds rough. Ive been fine tho, thanks. Got a job and found a cat, things are looking alright.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Boy I've been working my head off with a moveset hack that I've worked on for a good number of hours. The moveset hack focuses on buffing Giga Bowser's attacks, but I've often found myself having to modify the knockback values so that the damage buffs don't lead to early KOs for most of his attacks. Of course, I did set up Giga Bowser's f-smash so that whenever it's fully charged, it can KO even Bowser at 0% damage. But everything else won't KO that early.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So remember the Switch that appeared in Jimmy Falllon show? Here is what I am concern that I posted on another thread.

One more thing I that I am concern and a bit unusual is that... The NS that was shown already had Joy-Cons attached while there are also Joy-Cons being set on the grip already.

Does this mean the Switch might have two sets of Joy-Cons per bundle? One already being attached on the tablet and one on the grip? Maybe. And people worried that they might lose their Joy-Cons, I think they might sell individual Joy-Cons separately. Just like how Nintendo also sells Wii controllers and other stuff.

Most importantly... one thing I don't know if anyone noticed. We do see gameplay being switch to the system. Neither Jimmy nor Reggie try to take the Joy-Cons out like how we see in the trailers. We are still not sure if it will be easy to take those Joy-Cons out, or how it will work. I just hope those Joy-Cons can be simple to take out and slid in to the system and the grip.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, 'seem like my previous post was ignored.
'Guess it wasn't high noon so I posted the lyric at the wrong time.
Not that I care or anything.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So remember the Switch that appeared in Jimmy Falllon show? Here is what I am concern that I posted on another thread.

One more thing I that I am concern and a bit unusual is that... The NS that was shown already had Joy-Cons attached while there are also Joy-Cons being set on the grip already.

Does this mean the Switch might have two sets of Joy-Cons per bundle? One already being attached on the tablet and one on the grip? Maybe. And people worried that they might lose their Joy-Cons, I think they might sell individual Joy-Cons separately. Just like how Nintendo also sells Wii controllers and other stuff.

Most importantly... one thing I don't know if anyone noticed. We do see gameplay being switch to the system. Neither Jimmy nor Reggie try to take the Joy-Cons out like how we see in the trailers. We are still not sure if it will be easy to take those Joy-Cons out, or how it will work. I just hope those Joy-Cons can be simple to take out and slid in to the system and the grip.
It was probably so it'd be easier to show off with the extra joy-Cons.

D

Deleted member

RamOne RamOne

Have you seen what happened to MKW.com? I just found out that it now redirects to malicious websites, and that every single type of information that was posted into the website up until October (which was when this occurred) has been destroyed.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
RamOne RamOne

Have you seen what happened to MKW.com? I just found out that it now redirects to malicious websites, and that every single type of information that was posted into the website up until October (which was when this occurred) has been destroyed.
No, I didn't. I wonder what happened, the whole site seems to be erased from existence except for their Twitter account that hasn't tweeted since 2015.
While that place placed MKWii higher and higher on a pedestal during my time as a regular there, it's still kind of saddening to see.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
RamOne RamOne

Yeah it's quite sad that that website no longer exists now, especially since I did have an account there.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It was probably so it'd be easier to show off with the extra joy-Cons.
Maybe, but it still kind of made me a bit of sketchy when I realized they didn't try to take those Joy-Cons off.

D

Deleted member

The Grip might be included in a higher capacity model, but I don't see why would two sets of Joy-Con controllers be added to the package. This was probably done just to showcase it. I suppose the reason why the controllers weren't detached from the system was simply to not reveal all of its details just yet. For example, the right Joy-Con features an IR sensor at the bottom, much like the Wii Remote (in which its IR sensor is found at the top). You can see they tried to hide its presence if you look at how they shot the footage in where Jimmy Fallon is seen playing Breath of the Wild on the system itself.

I can see them being sold separately, granted as long as they're cheaper than the GamePad, which costs around $180.

No, I didn't. I wonder what happened, the whole site seems to be erased from existence except for their Twitter account that hasn't tweeted since 2015.
While that place placed MKWii higher and higher on a pedestal during my time as a regular there, it's still kind of saddening to see.
It's a bit of a bummer to see it gone. Though, of course, it has been going down in activity for a while now, so something like this isn't too surprising as a result. Either someone ended up purchasing the domain name from the administrator or the site simply received an intrusion.

I was planning to check my account's activity today after leaving it dormant for months now. The Pirate Bay then showed up and I made sure I typed the URL correctly... and it still showed up. Had to look up a thread on MKBoards about it to see what was going on.

Yeah it's quite sad that that website no longer exists now, especially since I did have an account there.
Same here. I first joined the site under the username "sparkazure" in April 2013, and then got a premium membership for one year as a gift after Mario Kart 8 came out, so I ended up changing the name to "Flight." Luckily, most (if not all) the works I had created for the site, such as member bars, remain stored somewhere on one of my accounts.

I gave up on the site during mid-2014, when I signed up for Smashboards. The community wasn't the right fit for me, so I had to check out another forum site. This is probably the second and last time I am active on a forum site, as I figure these sort of websites have been (slowly) dying in activity, and I think services like Discord are the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wonder if Mario Kart 8-2 will be pushed into Esports territory like it seems Nintendo wants Splatoon and Smash to go with the switch.

Zoralls

End my existence please.
I wonder if Mario Kart 8-2 will be pushed into Esports territory like it seems Nintendo wants Splatoon and Smash to go with the switch.
If Mario Kart becomes part of Nintendo's Esports line up I'm going to cry. Competitive Mario Kart tournaments sound hilarious and would totally be something that I would watch.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, today's test went a little too well.
Like the part that I had studied was the only thing that was asked. Huh.

Just one last test on Saturday and I am free~

Zoralls

End my existence please.
Well, today's test went a little too well.
Like the part that I had studied was the only thing that was asked. Huh.

Just one last test on Saturday and I am free~
Glad your test went so well friendo! Must have been a great feeling when you saw the test and knew you studied the right stuff, good luck on your final test!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Glad your test went so well friendo! Must have been a great feeling when you saw the test and knew you studied the right stuff, good luck on your final test!
Thanks.

The last test is Machine Design. That one isn't too difficult.

Top Bottom