• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
no im serious

it gets especially terrible with MGS4, which is approximately 4 hours of gameplay (which betrays the rest of the series for the most part) and 7 hours of cutscenes, it's so over saturated with them. and aside from that, it just has the laziest storytelling in the franchise, it's mostly rushed and there is tons of exposition. Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of why I wish game developers would get more clever with conveying their narrative as opposed to sticking segments of a movie in between gameplay
The cutscenes were the only reason I could beat MGS4. lol

I just kept running until I triggered another cutscene.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Grip might be included in a higher capacity model, but I don't see why would two sets of Joy-Con controllers be added to the package. This was probably done just to showcase it. I suppose the reason why the controllers weren't detached from the system was simply to not reveal all of its details just yet. For example, the right Joy-Con features an IR sensor at the bottom, much like the Wii Remote (in which its IR sensor is found at the top). You can see they tried to hide its presence if you look at how they shot the footage in where Jimmy Fallon is seen playing Breath of the Wild on the system itself.

I can see them being sold separately, granted as long as they're cheaper than the GamePad, which costs around $180.
I just hope that is the case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If Mario Kart becomes part of Nintendo's Esports line up I'm going to cry. Competitive Mario Kart tournaments sound hilarious and would totally be something that I would watch.
Personally not my thing but that alone sounds fun to watch. Especially if they turn it into a team sport with 6 v 6.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So this morning, I bought some Zelda stuff from the 3DS eShop. Of that stuff, I've been playing Oracle of Ages.

After beating the first two dungeons, I can safely say I'm enjoying my adventure in Labrynna so far.

Zoralls

End my existence please.
Dude, I am REALLY not looking forward to 6 hours of flying tomorrow. Christmas making me travel to see family and stuff, ugh.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Dude, I am REALLY not looking forward to 6 hours of flying tomorrow. Christmas making me travel to see family and stuff, ugh.
Tell me about it. A lot of my relatives are flying in from Canada for a family reunion at my house tomorrow. It's not as bad as having to endure the long drive up to the Winnipeg area like we usually do this time of year, but it's still pretty tiring.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Glad video blocker exists. Getting really tired of YouTube recommendations getting flooded with "We are Number One" and its eight billion unneeded variants.

There's a very thin line between meming and simply spam in my book.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Glad video blocker exists. Getting really tired of YouTube recommendations getting flooded with "We are Number One" and its eight billion unneeded variants.

There's a very thin line between meming and simply spam in my book.
I just wish you could block those really annoying YouTube advertisements like the Amazon Echo stuff.

Luig

Confused
For the first time.... well, ever for me, I finally get to use a 100+ hz monitor.
even on the desktop just moving around the cursor, the difference between this (160hz) and 60hz is super noticeable.
Really cool.
Too bad the 2 computers I have access to use this monitor with are both potatoes, but I was able to get tf2 to run at 160fps in directx 8 at lowest settings.
Can't wait to build my computer....

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This may be old news by now, but finding out that Yooka-Laylee will not be released for the Wii U is a downer for those who are not ready to purchase the Nintendo Switch.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I heard about that too. The amount of third party support the Wii U received is already embarrassing, so I'm not really that surprised.
It's even more disturbing when people think that the Wii U is heavily forgetful. The system may not have done as well as the Wii, but it still has some good games, and it should also be noted that only a few Wii U titles may receive a Nintendo Switch port. This pretty much means that if you want to play games like New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Star Fox Zero, you'll have to hunt down a Wii U, as I highly doubt that they'll ever receive a Nintendo Switch port. Even Super Mario Maker may not see a Nintendo Switch port, since the Nintendo Switch does not have a touch screen feature.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's even more disturbing when people think that the Wii U is heavily forgetful. The system may not have done as well as the Wii, but it still has some good games, and it should also be noted that only a few Wii U titles may receive a Nintendo Switch port. This pretty much means that if you want to play games like New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Star Fox Zero, you'll have to hunt down a Wii U, as I highly doubt that they'll ever receive a Nintendo Switch port. Even Super Mario Maker may not see a Nintendo Switch port, since the Nintendo Switch does not have a touch screen feature.
This is also why a lot of games seem to be getting ports or version 2s.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I've been meaning to ask, is there an official discord server for Smashboards? Or at least one for Smash 4? I'd like to join one if it's populated and active.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've been meaning to ask, is there an official discord server for Smashboards? Or at least one for Smash 4? I'd like to join one if it's populated and active.
There isn't a Discord for the site as a whole.

"Double Jump" is a Smash 4 Discord. Ask around for an invite, I suppose.
There are separate Discords for each character too. Look in the Character Discussion sub-forums.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is also why a lot of games seem to be getting ports or version 2s.
I did forget to mention Yoshi's Woolly World, which is being remade for the 3DS. I highly doubt that it'll get a Nintendo Switch port either, so if you have a 3DS, but not a Wii U, you'll eventually be in luck.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There isn't a Discord for the site as a whole.

"Double Jump" is a Smash 4 Discord. Ask around for an invite, I suppose.
There are separate Discords for each character too. Look in the Character Discussion sub-forums.
Many character threads now have their own Discord group, and joined plenty. Even the one on Reddit, also Overwatch group and groups I made with my brothers and friends.
I joined Discord quite early, not sure which was the first group I joined, Rosalina first Diacord group I guess.

And I had just finished my second time battling Alola Elite four, disappointing is that unlike previous games we get new trainers for Elite four, we get previous Trial Captains since Alola's Pojemon League is new. But when battling champion this time makes a lot of sense. Even though the champion is someone we already expected. We get to defend our title this time if we go and fight again. That's a really awesome idea. Making challengers random is even more challenging.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm part of the Forum Games Discord, the SourceGaming Discord, a Touhou translation Discord and the Disco Room Discord (hardly ever post there tho.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I got rather bored, so I played around with some models with the XNALara software and set up the following image.

ToadRosalina.png

Rosalina watches Captain Toad hanging out with the Lumas.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Sounds of Kirby Café is ridiculously good.

I haven't heard this good and relaxing sort of Kirby music in a while.

D

Deleted member

I agree, but wouldn't those people argue that they have almost the same type of games, even if they are entirely different from their Wii U counterparts, and therefore say they didn't have any reason to get one at all? The 3DS has New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Star Fox 64 3D (which are both remakes of older games and are of course nothing like Tropical Freeze and Zero, but still), for example. This is why people think the Switch will end up having a "unified" library, so that Nintendo doesn't have to release the same type of game on two different platforms, and that would indirectly lead to it being Nintendo's only platform for the generation. I'm a bit skeptical about the idea, but nothing's been confirmed yet.

And apparently, the Switch does feature a touchscreen, according to these patents. Look out for "TOUCH PANEL CONTROLLER" and "TOUCH PANEL" on the left image. While a Mario Maker port is certainly possible, I figure using a stylus is much more convenient for a game like it, so I don't see how can the tools be used with just fingers since the system uses a capacitive touchscreen, unlike the GamePad, DS and 3DS which contain resistive touchscreens.

Here's a full link to the patents.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
"How old are you?"
"26"
"Wow, you're old!"
"Thanks..."

Interaction with a co-worker when they found out it was my birthday today...

I'm excited for the Switch direct in January.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I agree, but wouldn't those people argue that they have almost the same type of games, even if they are entirely different from their Wii U counterparts, and therefore say they didn't have any reason to get one at all? The 3DS has New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Star Fox 64 3D (which are both remakes of older games and are of course nothing like Tropical Freeze and Zero, but still), for example. This is why people think the Switch will end up having a "unified" library, so that Nintendo doesn't have to release the same type of game on two different platforms, and that would indirectly lead to it being Nintendo's only platform for the generation. I'm a bit skeptical about the idea, but nothing's been confirmed yet.
The thing to keep in mind is that although the Wii U titles and 3DS titles may have gameplay similarities, they're completely different in terms of courses, boss fights, and so forth.

For example, in Star Fox Zero, you'd face the Attack Carrier in all-range mode, which doesn't happen in Star Fox 64 3D. Similarly, the second phase of the Bowser fight is different between NSMB2 and NSMBU.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"How old are you?"
"26"
"Wow, you're old!"
"Thanks..."

Happy Birthday! I hope you will have alot of gift for your birthday AND christmas! :)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
"How old are you?"
"26"
"Wow, you're old!"
"Thanks..."

Happy Birthday! Hope you've been spending the day well!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Working on my pokemon game and choosing base points is kinda hard. Except for the regional forms which almost all stay the same except for:
Beedrill 395 becomes 475
Butterfree 395 becomes 475
Ledian 390 becomes 450
Parasect 405 becomes 455

Beedrill loses its poison typing for fighting, Butterfree loses its flying type for psychic, Ledian loses its flying type for fighting and Parasect loses its grass typing for ghost. :p

Top Bottom