• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
'You have been awarded a trophy: The years teach much which the days never knew...' Help, has it been ten years already?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
'You have been awarded a trophy: The years teach much which the days never knew...' Help, has it been ten years already?
If your join date is to be believed, then no.
It has been 9 years, 11 months, and 28 days.

But in all seriousness, yes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If your join date is to be believed, then no.
It has been 9 years, 11 months, and 28 days.

But in all seriousness, yes.
Wait, so the SmashBoards counter doesn't account for leap days. 3 days are missing for 3 years - 2008, 2012 and 2016.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from Moana. It was flat out awesome. Lovable characters (The Rock is a good singer I must say), breathtaking visual effects, plenty of humor, and a beautiful story. Totally worth it.

And FYI, for those who haven't seen it, there is something after the credits.

D

Deleted member

Time to break the usual convention of Flight only posting video game content, his interest in technology, or his artworks for this post. Remember the many times I've talked about my right ear going high-pitched?

After trying to research this particular issue for two years now, I've finally found out what it was during the week. It's a form of diplacusis, specifically diplacusis dysharmonica. This is the most common form of the infection. It occurs when sound is perceived normally in one ear, but is heard at a higher pitch in the other.

Which is exactly what I dealt with-- my left ear perceived sound as normal, while the one on the right didn't. Now, because I went under some form of self-treatment, in which I managed to lower the times I play sound on any device I'm using, the issue typically lasts for one month. This has had two occurences, one during November 2014, and the other in December 2015.

Well, at least I know what it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been busy last night trying out a moveset hack for Duck Hunt. The moveset hack buffs the Wild Gunmen by increasing the damage and knockback that they can deliver. Originally they struggled to KO even Zero Suit Samus, but they're now able to KO someone as heavy as Mario sooner than before. I did some thorough tests with the buffs to see how quickly Mario gets KO'd on an Omega Form stage, and the results were as follows...
Gunman | KO% on Mario with Wild Gunman | KO% on Mario with Quick Draw Aces | KO% on Mario with Mega Gunman
| 277% | 331% | 72%
| 231% | 276% | 63%
| 215% | 261% | 63%
| 122% | 140% | 35%
| 167% | 199% | 49%
And yes, Mega Gunman received a significant buff in that the gunmen deal greater damage and knockback than the default Wild Gunman special move. Because the gunmen are very slow to attack, their shots have been buffed up to a point where they're almost comparable to Little Mac's KO Uppercut; they can't 1-hit KO, but the shots pack a punch with their knockback. However, the shots are still blockable, so if you can't defeat the giant gunmen quickly enough, you can just shield off the shots. Still, the buffs make Mega Gunman far more rewarding to use, as it's normally quite useless to use on offense.

Basically, the buffs go as follows...

Wild Gunman
Increased damage and knockback. Sombrero gunman now has KO potential.

Quick Draw Aces
The gunmen deal 5% more damage with their shots, but the shots have less knockback to compensate for their fast speed. Sombrero gunman can still make KOs, but KOs later, due to the decreased knockback.

Mega Gunman
The gunmen deal 10% more damage, and their knockback is drastically buffed as well. The buffs are made to compensate for how sluggish the gunmen are with their attacks. Sombrero gunman is the most dangerous, being able to KO even Bowser before his current damage reaches 50%.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Just got back from Moana. It was flat out awesome. Lovable characters (The Rock is a good singer I must say), breathtaking visual effects, plenty of humor, and a beautiful story. Totally worth it.

I still need to see this, I saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I loved that movie but I still really badly want to see Moana. It's getting reviews as good as Zootopia so that is a huge plus to look forward to it.

D

Deleted member

Is there anyway to see how many infraction points a person has?
I don't think anyone but the administrators can. Even then, administrators check whether a user has infractions or not via the XenForo Control Panel. However, I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968

I haven't watched a movie in a long time... I feel like one of the only people who don't watch many movies. Too many other hobbies like video games and sports

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is there anyway to see how many infraction points a person has?
Only the moderation can view it. I'd normally explain why, but I don't think I can directly give that information, sorry.

However, you can PM a Mod or Admin and they can easily let you know how much you have. I cannot post it on here because it is private information that only you and the Moderation should ever know.

I am well aware of the irony of me giving you this information, but I was the first one to see it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Following what Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth said earlier, viewing the infraction history of users is a staff only feature. It's confidential information that can't be brought up publicly anyway, so you'd have to go to Forum Support if you have questions about any warnings or infractions that you've received recently.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Following what Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth said earlier, viewing the infraction history of users is a staff only feature. It's confidential information that can't be brought up publicly anyway, so you'd have to go to Forum Support if you have questions about any warnings or infractions that you've received recently.
Or you can PM the moderator who issued it. If you don't agree with their ruling or can't agree in general about the situation, that's when it's better to go forum support. You don't necessarily have to reply to a Warning/Infraction PM and it may be easier to gather your thoughts into a unique one at times. As people are aware, a PM in general can be locked after being sent. This is not commonly done, but can be done.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Or you can PM the moderator who issued it. If you don't agree with their ruling or can't agree in general about the situation, that's when it's better to go forum support. You don't necessarily have to reply to a Warning/Infraction PM and it may be easier to gather your thoughts into a unique one at times. As people are aware, a PM in general can be locked after being sent. This is not commonly done, but can be done.
Because I'm even able to. lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Because I'm even able to. lol
If a PM is locked at the time, there was likely good reasons for it. Keep in mind the person who sent the start of a PM conversation can lock or unlock it at any time. So don't be afraid to check if a PM's status of things allowed got changed.

Moving on, though, I just need 3 more names and I think I'm going to keep that as the finalized version of my hack. I probably may give more evolutions to the Eevee expy, Dysc.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Ah, Christmas. My favorite time of the year. Watching cheesy Christmas movies that are all the same for the umpteenth time again, listening to Christmas songs sung by popular artists, seeing that one family member who annoys you every time when going to your grandparents again... It's a great time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been continuing to test out my Wild Gunman buffs, and I've found it amusing how the Mega Gunman can now KO things rather easily when they attack. However, against CPUs, even the easiest CPUs seem to have good reflexes on when to dodge the shots.

I've even done tests where I went up "against" the buffed Mega Gunman special move, and I've been able to overcome its buffs, usually by just getting behind the gunman. Of course, one notable thing that I have caught on is that fighters that are very short, or can crouch very low, can avoid most of the Mega Gunmen shots completely. And if the fighter can crawl, then he/she could still approach while Mega Gunman is in play, but you'd still need to be aware of Duck Hunt or any other opposing fighters, as you don't want to be in the path of the Mega Gunman's crossfire when he's about to attack; Duck Hunt can potentially trap players long enough for the Mega Gunman to score a big blow on them.

Also, some fighters can take down the Mega Gunmen completely before they even have a chance to attack. Donkey Kong is apparently the best at doing that, as a couple Hand Slaps are enough to put them out of commission.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Well, it's been a pretty eventful month. I lost my job on Halloween (laid off), and then was about to start a better paying job as a cook at a multicultural noodles shop, and right before I started, I contracted laryngitis and that put me out of commission for a week. I'm basically barely able to afford rent as I just got paid two days ago and rent is due tomorrow. :scared: But next month should be easier! And I'm a sautée chef now, which is... actually really cool, and I get to enjoy my own cooking every night I work (I love cooking Japanese Pan and Penne Rosa in particular). I'm getting some job satisfaction from it, as opposed to how stressful managing at my last job was.

Anyway, I (like all 4 of my roommates) have been hopelessly addicted to Pokemon Sun/Moon. Three of them are playing Moon, so I'm glad I picked up Sun. :p I just got to the third island, and my main party is Torracat (Smuckers), Passimian (Macaroon), Grimer (Sherbet), Lurantis (Cabbage), Mareanie (Udon), and Midday Lycanroc (Rocky Road). I also have a Mudsdale named Cocoa, a Pikachu named Pancake, and a roommate gave me an Oranguru, which I think I'll name Tofu, in reserve. So far, I've been really enjoying it- I think this might be the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a long time. I think it really helps that I've been playing it with a bunch of friends, too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I had a test today. Didn't go as well as I had hoped.

But looks like everyone did bad, so that's a consolation I guess.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I can't believe it's December already. :surprised:

My November was kind of a mixed bag. My grades keep going up and down, and it's starting to really get to me... On the bright side, though, my sister got married, and my brother came back home for the first time in a while. He was only here for three days, but it was good to see him!

Are you all doing okay?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I can't believe it's December already. :surprised:

My November was kind of a mixed bag. My grades keep going up and down, and it's starting to really get to me... On the bright side, though, my sister got married, and my brother came back home for the first time in a while. He was only here for three days, but it was good to see him!

Are you all doing okay?
I'm fine, but November REALLY went downhill for the college football team I play for.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's now December and also the 2nd December in a row we're getting a Star Wars film.

Though it's also a curse for me: Last year, the day The Force Awakened launched, I made the INSANELY idiotic choice to watch the Star Wars Holiday Special to get in the mood (boy, that was a HUGE mistake). Now every December I'm reminded of that cancer despite the great film we got last year.

Just a reminder: FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, DO NOT WATCH THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!

Don't say I didn't warn you if do watch it.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Christmas and Star Wars don't go together, then I wonder why I've been seeing Yoda displays that are wearing Christmas accessories.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's now December and also the 2nd December in a row we're getting a Star Wars film.

Though it's also a curse for me: Last year, the day The Force Awakened launched, I made the INSANELY idiotic choice to watch the Star Wars Holiday Special to get in the mood (boy, that was a HUGE mistake). Now every December I'm reminded of that cancer despite the great film we got last year.

Just a reminder: FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, DO NOT WATCH THE HOLIDAY SPECIAL FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!

Don't say I didn't warn you if do watch it.
What are you talking about? The Holiday Special doesn't exist ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some new Breath of the Wild footage has been uploaded by Nintendo. Please do not quote this post, as it contains YouTube videos.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
What is up here? It's about time for me to post something again.

I ordered me some Bicycle playing cards, and they're so high quality I could cry. I love card games, and I got quite interested in magic a while ago, so I needed some good cards.
Also, Scar and Toph got me to watch Ping pong: The animation. It sure was an experience. Probably one of the best things I have ever seen.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Aughghghgh Breath of the Wild looks so good, why does it have to be an undetermined but probably farther than we expect amount of time away?

I'm on lunch break right now which is to say I'm eating mac & cheese with hot sauce, green onions, parmesan cheese, chicken, and jalapenos. It's pretty good.

Top Bottom