• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I was planning on using the Greninja from the demo but now I'm not so sure. I got a full team of six and I quite like the Pokemon in it. This might be the first ever generation where I complete a game without using a water type Pokemon.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I watched Pokemon the Movie XY&Z Volcanion and the Mechanical Magearna, I redeemed the Mageama QR code after watching the movie, but my 3DS can't use it since it only works on Taiwan and Japan region..

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pfiouu! What a week! There was big up and big down, but atleast this week end on a good note!
So, how ya going here?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Pfiouu! What a week! There was big up and big down, but atleast this week end on a good note!
So, how ya going here?
I'm actually in Michigan right now with my teammates. We got another college football game here tomorrow.

Then I go back to the university and catch the flight to California on Tuesday for Thanksgiving vacation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm actually in Michigan right now with my teammates. We got another college football game here tomorrow.

Then I go back to the university and catch the flight to California on Tuesday for Thanksgiving vacation.
Cool! I hope you will have a good time then! :)
Me, I'm just gonna write and lurk the web along other activity.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I read some of the data for Pokemon Sun and Moon, and boy did Zygarde's Complete Forme get ripped off. It's not any better with physical attacks than the 10% Forme, and is slower than the 50% Forme.

I would've expected a lot more from Zygarde's Complete Forme, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my team right now is Popplio, Trumbeak, Digglet and Grimer. Tangling Hair ability lowers speed every time you get hit on multiple hit moves.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Did you guys hear the rumors about a Mario x Rabbids RPG crossover for the Switch?
Preeeeetty weird pick for a crossover. But there was something that caught me eye in the article I read:
"There is a particular focus on Yoshi as a primary party member, alongside a playable Rabbid."
YOSHI AS A PRIMARY PARTY MEMBER
****ING
FINALLY
In literally EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Mario RPGs he was shunted off to the sidelines or just didn't show up at all.
It took THIS MANY ****ING YEARS for Nintendo to include Yoshi, literally one of the, if not THE most important ally to the Mario Bros., one of the most beloved Mario characters, who once scored 3rd place as THE MOST LOVED VIDEOGAME CHARACTER IN JAPAN, as a character of any significance.
This is downright heresy.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Speaking about RPGs, a Kirby RPG would be dope, with Team like Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight. If they have made a Super Mario RPG and actually made a good game out of it, then a Kirby RPG should be a piece of cake, since I believe that Kirby things fit RPGs better than Mario. Kirby RPG would be dope.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So I watched Pokemon the Movie XY&Z Volcanion and the Mechanical Magearna, I redeemed the Mageama QR code after watching the movie, but my 3DS can't use it since it only works on Taiwan and Japan region..
What region is your game/3DS? If NTSC, you just have to get it from the US Pokemon site in December.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My new current team is Brionne level 20, Chargabug level 20, Mudbray level 19, Grimer level 20, Trumbeak level 20 and Salandit level 18.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hooh, spent a few hours ripping the music from HyperDimension Neptunia 1.

It was tiring, converting the files and tagging them all. >_>

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
At some point it's gonna flip and Team Skull is gonna be good guys, right? Itreally seems that way to me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What region is your game/3DS? If NTSC, you just have to get it from the US Pokemon site in December.
Yeah, I know that. Or I could let my brother who has the Japanese version to scan it and then transfer it to me. That means I can get two Magearna.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I went to the Navy store today to get a NTSC version of Sun/Moon since I'm in Japan and don't want to buy a Japanese 3DS. They were out and said won't restock for another few months. I ordered off Amazon, and estimated arrival date is December 8th...I'll be way behind everyone else. :/

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And now for the epic conclusion to me skipping work yesterday:

I got taken upstairs and reprimanded.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I went to the Navy store today to get a NTSC version of Sun/Moon since I'm in Japan and don't want to buy a Japanese 3DS. They were out and said won't restock for another few months. I ordered off Amazon, and estimated arrival date is December 8th...I'll be way behind everyone else. :/
don't feel bad if you get the game later. Its not a race, its about enjoying the game. People will be getting the games later than that, so don't worry

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Finnish winter being what it is, I bet that if I got Pokemon Sun now, I'd probably see the Sun more on my 3DS screen than in the sky.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I'm not really focused on gaming right now, but I HAVE decided to go for Pokémon Sun when Christmas comes.
Depending on how things go, I might actually buy a Switch for that Mario x Rabbids RPG, just because I'm crazy for an official RPG where I can play as Yoshi.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Depending on how things go, I might actually buy a Switch for that Mario x Rabbids RPG, just because I'm crazy for an official RPG where I can play as Yoshi.
I just hope they can make a great Yoshi game for the Switch. Yoshi's Woolly World was great, but I just hope they give us more of everyone's favorite Dinosaur.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I take it most of the people here are enjoying Pokemon Sun and Moon? Aside from those two, what games have you all been playing?

Did you guys hear the rumors about a Mario x Rabbids RPG crossover for the Switch?
Preeeeetty weird pick for a crossover. But there was something that caught me eye in the article I read:
"There is a particular focus on Yoshi as a primary party member, alongside a playable Rabbid."
YOSHI AS A PRIMARY PARTY MEMBER
****ING
FINALLY
In literally EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Mario RPGs he was shunted off to the sidelines or just didn't show up at all.
It took THIS MANY ****ING YEARS for Nintendo to include Yoshi, literally one of the, if not THE most important ally to the Mario Bros., one of the most beloved Mario characters, who once scored 3rd place as THE MOST LOVED VIDEOGAME CHARACTER IN JAPAN, as a character of any significance.
This is downright heresy.
I think the idea is a bit weird, but having Mario in an RPG is a strange enough concept that ended up working for the most part. It'll be cool to play as Yoshi if this is true. Last time that happened was The Thousand Year Door, and even then it wasn't the standard version. Now if Paper Mario could just stay away from having a majority of its cast replaced with boring ass Toads, we'd get somewhere.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
During the past set of hours, I did watch a series of videos from WatchMojo.com, but then I came across the following video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBFGMht5ss

I know that it's a 2015 video, but one thing about it feels wrong, and it involves Eelektross. Eelektross may have Levitate to protect it against Ground-type attacks, but it's not even close to being unfair when it's hardly uber material, and there are a good number of ways to bypass Levitate, whether it's with Mold Breaker, Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, or even Gravity.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
During the past set of hours, I did watch a series of videos from WatchMojo.com, but then I came across the following video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBFGMht5ss

I know that it's a 2015 video, but one thing about it feels wrong, and it involves Eelektross. Eelektross may have Levitate to protect it against Ground-type attacks, but it's not even close to being unfair when it's hardly uber material, and there are a good number of ways to bypass Levitate, whether it's with Mold Breaker, Gastro Acid, Worry Seed, or even Gravity.
WatchMojo isn't really thorough with their research.

They did a video on top 10 hardest languages, and they were a ton of minor details I found wrong in the video.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
WatchMojo isn't really thorough with their research.

They did a video on top 10 hardest languages, and they were a ton of minor details I found wrong in the video.
There are a few things that WatchMojo got right though, which includes Meta Knight's dominance in Brawl, what lead to the demise of the Banjo-Kazooie series, along with Grandmaster Galaxy's The Perfect Run being among the hardest courses in the Mario series. But calling Eelektross unfair is just dumb, because even with Levitate, it's not "that" overpowering. If you want to look for any unfair Pokemon, refer to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Rayquaza, with the latter being able to use any item that it desires, such as the Choice Band.

On another note, calling Donkey Kong Country Returns one of the hardest games for the Wii is only partially true, since the real rage doesn't start until you've unlocked Mirror Mode, where it's single player only (no Diddy Kong), you can't use inventory items, and taking damage even once takes away a life.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So I was wondering what the roster would look like on Smash Switch with just the knowledge or rumors we have now. So here it is:
Dovahkiin being a guest character makes a lot of sense to me, he/she would work so well, with the equipment and the Shouts. Other characters and reasons? Incineroar over Charizard is kinda weird but Greninja is a staple that needs to stay, Charizard can come with Pokemon Trainer as DLC later. Corrin and Bayonetta get the cut because both are basically just period pieces. No Dr. Mario, Lucina, or Dark Pit as they were quick clones.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I was wondering what the roster would look like on Smash Switch with just the knowledge or rumors we have now. So here it is:
Dovahkiin being a guest character makes a lot of sense to me, he/she would work so well, with the equipment and the Shouts. Other characters and reasons? Incineroar over Charizard is kinda weird but Greninja is a staple that needs to stay, Charizard can come with Pokemon Trainer as DLC later. Corrin and Bayonetta get the cut because both are basically just period pieces. No Dr. Mario, Lucina, or Dark Pit as they were quick clones.
Well, it looks all right.

All I really want for the next Smash is that Yoshi returns. I know it's pretty obvious he's coming back, but still...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Cobalsh Cobalsh
I saw your avatar and had to do a double take since I used the same one, minus the moustache as my first avatar here.
I still use it on Nintendo Life.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I wanted to drop in and share this considering that today is a pretty big day for the entire Smash community.

On this day, November 21, Super Smash Bros Melee was released in Japan 15 years ago while Super Smash Bros for WiiU was released in North America 2 years back. Both games were pretty memorable in the Smash franchise. Both are the most competitive Smash games around, and they also had a memorable cast of characters and stages that we all fondly remember. These games are also the most popular Smash titles when it comes to the competitive metagame, both of which even went on to gain some prominent appearances in major fighting game tournaments like EVO.

Looking at Melee, we also remember that game for its memorably fun Adventure mode and the introduction of Event Mode, Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, All-Star Mode, and the trophy status. These games also marked the debuts of memorable Smash veterans like Bowser, Peace, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Zelda, Falco, Marth, and many more, as well as memorable stages such as Temple, Onett, Poke Floats, Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, etc.

Meanwhile, Smash 4 WiiU introduced to a new and more challenging Classic Mode, Master & Crazy Orders, and of course, 8-Player Smash. Gone were the days when you had to leave that fifth, sixth, seventh, and/or eighth friend out of the Smash fun because matches permitted up to four players max. Now, you could play up to 8 players. Talk about a true Smash environment! We also had memorable stages such as Pyrosphere, Wily Castle, Kalos Pokemon League, Wuhu Island, Skyloft, etc.

And let's not forget the openings! Melee had that awesome cinematic opening that blew everyone's minds when they first watched it. Watching it again is sure to bring back nostalgia!

Smash 4 WiiU also had a pretty good opening of its own. When I listen/watch it, I'm always reminded of the hype and anticipation I had for this game throughout 2014.

All this said, Happy 15th birthday to Super Smash Bros Melee, and Happy 2nd Birthday to Super Smash Bros for WiiU!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh yes Pokemon is an easy game where you don't need to grind or anything. Yep. Yep. That's correct. Yep.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I'm going by plane to San Francisco tomorrow afternoon to visit my relatives there for Thanksgiving.

Three to four hours on the plane listening to 80's rock music before my cousin, who's a big Pokémon maniac, shows me how she's been doing on Pokémon Sun.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I'm going by plane to San Francisco tomorrow afternoon to visit my relatives there for Thanksgiving.

Three to four hours on the plane listening to 80's rock music before my cousin, who's a big Pokémon maniac, shows me how she's been doing on Pokémon Sun.
Silly Dwayne, Thanksgiving was like last month.

Top Bottom