• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Did anyone see what happened at the closing ceremony at the Rio 2016 Olympics?
I'm pretty sure Nintendo will be a huge sponsor for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've made it through the main story of Fashion Forward, and as a souvenir, a nice photo shot.

Noor: Sporty
Arabella: Bold
Evie: Feminine
Laurie: Feminine
Sophie: Girly
My character (Amy): Lively
Callie: Bold
Sasha: Boho-chic
Zoey: Basic
Kirsty: Lively
Adelaide: Chic

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Did anyone see what happened at the closing ceremony at the Rio 2016 Olympics?
I'm pretty sure Nintendo will be a huge sponsor for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
I saw it too, and man, that Tokyo Olympics preview was mind-blowingly awesome!

I'm pretty sure we'll see tons of references to video games and anime in the Olympic opening ceremony four years from now since both played an important role in shaping Japanese culture. I can already imagine multiple sports animes being referenced in some kind of video segment (perhaps one idea involving Haru from Free racing against Michael Phelps), or maybe the Japanese could use their hologram technology like they did with those Hatsune Miku concerts to bring Hatsune into the Olympics.

On that note, I can already imagine the Squid Sisters making a potential appearance in the opening ceremony. The technology used to make hologram Hatsune Miku was used to make holograms of Callie and Marie for those Splatoon live concerts.

I mean, imagine something like this in an Olympic stadium:

The whole world would finally get to hear the amazingness that is Calamari Inkantation.

I would also love to see Pokemon having a major appearance in the opening ceremony.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman

I'm pretty sure we'll see tons of references to video games and anime in the Olympic opening ceremony four years from now since both played an important role in shaping Japanese culture. I can already imagine multiple sports animes being referenced in some kind of video segment (perhaps one idea involving Haru from Free racing against Michael Phelps), or maybe the Japanese could use their hologram technology like they did with those Hatsune Miku concerts to bring Hatsune into the Olympics.

On that note, I can already imagine the Squid Sisters making a potential appearance in the opening ceremony. The technology used to make hologram Hatsune Miku was used to make holograms of Callie and Marie for those Splatoon live concerts.

The whole world would finally get to hear the amazingness that is Calamari Inkantation.

I would also love to see Pokemon having a major appearance in the opening ceremony.
I can picture it:
A big screen with Cory, from the anime Cory In The House, dancing and rapping (I'm the new kid, moving in, getting it done and I'm officially the candidate for having some fun, you know):

Too much memes?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Yeah, it wasn't just Mario, Pacman, Doraemon, Hello Kitty also made appearance. How awesome if you notice they actually show "RIO" on the map and when Mario opens it fully, it's his name. They made a reference for Mario. Just awesome.
Maybe, I mean Nintendo will sponsor Tokyo 2020 very much, and Mario and Sonic series will also be big too.

There are rumors saying that Miku might appear at the opening ceremony actually.

I think we will only see Mario when the time comes, I doubt Squid Sisters will appear… but who knows?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're already getting excited for Tokyo 2020, huh?
I wonder if their mascot will be anime-like too. Rio's mascot seemed very inspired from Adventure Time, after all. :laugh:

Saw the trailer, dang. Captain Tsubasa, Doraemon and Mario. That was nothing short of amazing.

Naturally. But they're based on the coconut crab which a) is creepy af b) also would drown if underwater.
>Creepy.

They're pretty intelligent if they can carry coconuts with them up high, and drop them to break them open. That's a win for me. :p

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We're already getting excited for Tokyo 2020, huh?
I wonder if their mascot will be anime-like too. Rio's mascot seemed very inspired from Adventure Time, after all. :laugh:

Saw the trailer, dang. Captain Tsubasa, Doraemon and Mario. That was nothing short of amazing.

>Creepy.

They're pretty intelligent if they can carry coconuts with them up high, and drop them to break them open. That's a win for me. :p
They look creepy to me. Like bloody giant armoured tarantulas.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Speaking of Tokyo 2020, I personally dislike the Tokyo 2020 logo. If you guys did not know, the first Tokyo 2020 logo got scrapped due to plagiarism. So they decide to get a new logo by public.
The original logo:

The theater's logo that claims the Tokyo 2020 logo plagiarize it's logo:

There were four candidate design, I like the B one.

The reason why I don't like the Tokyo 2020 logo it's because it doesn't really show the much of Japanese style. You can at least tell from the first logo (With that red circle that represents the Japan's flag). And with color blue for the entire logo it just feels... blue...

On other side note:
Pokemon GO came out here in Taiwan on August 6th, and my sister is playing it...my friends are playing it... I don't play it. Since my phone suck and I have not Internet on my phone.

Here's is the crowd made by Pokemon GO in my country:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of Tokyo 2020, I personally dislike the Tokyo 2020 logo. If you guys did not know, the first Tokyo 2020 logo got scrapped due to plagiarism. So they decide to get a new logo by public.
The original logo:

The theater's logo that claims the Tokyo 2020 logo plagiarize it's logo:

There were four candidate design, I like the B one.

The reason why I don't like the Tokyo 2020 logo it's because it doesn't really show the much of Japanese style. You can at least tell from the first logo (With that red circle that represents the Japan's flag). And with color blue for the entire logo it just feels... blue...

On other side note:
Pokemon GO came out here in Taiwan on August 6th, and my sister is playing it...my friends are playing it... I don't play it. Since my phone suck and I have not Internet on my phone.

Here's is the crowd made by Pokemon GO in my country:
The B ones do look better. It's just more colourful.

My favourite are the D ones, that said. The sun and flower motif is pretty.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The B ones do look better. It's just more colourful.

My favourite are the D ones, that said. The sun and flower motif is pretty.
The final logo wasn't chosen by the public, but by the committee....I was hoping that they could let the public vote for the final logo.
If you just type Tokyo 2020 on Google, you can find many fan-made logos.

Which one is your favorite?

Wouldn't be great if the logo ended up being like this?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The final logo wasn't chosen by the public, but by the committee....I was hoping that they could let the public vote for the final logo.
If you just type Tokyo 2020 on Google, you can find many fan-made logos.

Which one is your favorite?

Wouldn't be great if the logo ended up being like this?
I got a bold prediction. Whoever lights the torch in 2020 is going to be dressed as Mario.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I really need to get a new avatar. I have grown tired of this.
Then I had the most wonderful idea.
I did a google image search. Not very much results since it isn't very popular thing.
I found one that was quite perfect.
And it was too long... On days like these I really wish I was premium...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yeah, it wasn't just Mario, Pacman, Doraemon, Hello Kitty also made appearance. How awesome if you notice they actually show "RIO" on the map and when Mario opens it fully, it's his name. They made a reference for Mario. Just awesome.
Maybe, I mean Nintendo will sponsor Tokyo 2020 very much, and Mario and Sonic series will also be big too.

There are rumors saying that Miku might appear at the opening ceremony actually.

I think we will only see Mario when the time comes, I doubt Squid Sisters will appear… but who knows?
I think it's possible the Squid Sisters could make an appearance as long as Splatoon continues to be successful. I mean, Splatoon is already off to a good start. Aside from the live concerts and albums, Japan already has a ton of Splatoon merchandise. If the sequel and any future games are just as successful as the first, then I can imagine Splatoon becoming more recognized than it is now.

If there won't be Splatoon references in the Olympics, the only other Nintendo franchises I can see appearing are Link, Pikachu, or even Kirby. I think Sonic could also make an appearance... actually, that'd be pretty cool. We are bound to see another Mario and Sonic game in that year, and it would be pretty cool to watch the actual Olympic opening ceremony acknowledge that game at some point.

Yeah, no doubt Nintendo will sponsor the next summer Olympics.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really need to get a new avatar. I have grown tired of this.
Then I had the most wonderful idea.
I did a google image search. Not very much results since it isn't very popular thing.
I found one that was quite perfect.
And it was too long... On days like these I really wish I was premium...
Your avatar is kinda iconic in this thread. :p

I think it's possible the Squid Sisters could make an appearance as long as Splatoon continues to be successful. I mean, Splatoon is already off to a good start. Aside from the live concerts and albums, Japan already has a ton of Splatoon merchandise. If the sequel and any future games are just as successful as the first, then I can imagine Splatoon becoming more recognized than it is now.

If there won't be Splatoon references in the Olympics, the only other Nintendo franchises I can see appearing are Link, Pikachu, or even Kirby. I think Sonic could also make an appearance... actually, that'd be pretty cool. We are bound to see another Mario and Sonic game in that year, and it'd be pretty cool with the actual Olympic opening ceremony acknowledges that game at some point.

Yeah, no doubt Nintendo will sponsor the next summer Olympics.
One thing that may be a problem is that Splatoon isn't as global as Hello Kitty, Mario, Doraemon and Pac-man.

Splatoon was a hit wherever Nintendo had branches, but Nintendo doesn't have branches in a huge chunk of Asia, all of Africa (and I think Latin America too.), so that might reduce its chances. Mario, Doraemon, Pac-Man and Pokémon, on the other hand are known even in these region despite Nintendo or other Japanese companies not having any presence there.

That might be something to consider. I didn't write this to bring Splatoon down, just something to think about. I'll be pretty happy to see the Squid Sisters there.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
One thing that may be a problem is that Splatoon isn't as global as Hello Kitty, Mario, Doraemon and Pac-man.

Splatoon was a hit wherever Nintendo had branches, but Nintendo doesn't have branches in a huge chunk of Asia, all of Africa (and I think Latin America too.), so that might reduce its chances. Mario, Doraemon, Pac-Man and Pokémon, on the other hand are known even in these region despite Nintendo or other Japanese companies not having any presence there.

That might be something to consider. I didn't write this to bring Splatoon down, just something to think about. I'll be pretty happy to see the Squid Sisters there.
You do raise a good point. It'd probably be better to go with more mainstream icons that everyone would recognize even in parts of the world where Nintendo doesn't have branches.

I guess I got excited about the Squid Sisters because I thought about what happened with Hatsune Miku, and I thought it'd be great to see them implement that hologram technology for the opening ceremony.

But that makes me wonder if Hatsune Miku is recognized worldwide similar to Doraemon or Pikachu. I'm pretty sure she isn't.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You do raise a good point. It'd probably be better to go with more mainstream icons that everyone would recognize even in parts of the world where Nintendo doesn't have branches.

I guess I got excited about the Squid Sisters because I thought about what happened with Hatsune Miku, and I thought it'd be great to see them implement that hologram technology for the opening ceremony.

But that makes me wonder if Hatsune Miku is recognized worldwide similar to Doraemon or Pikachu. I'm pretty sure she isn't.
I don't think most people know who Hatsune Miku is outside of people who have an interest in Japanese online culture.
Most will probably think of her as an anime character because of her design.

And Pokémon is the most global property Nintendo has.

upload_2016-8-22_23-47-42.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Normally, I wouldn't care much about the Olympics. They are virtually non-existent to me for the most part.
Remember that this is just my opinion as I am aware I may get ridiculed by some.

But Mario appearing at the end of the closing ceremony was great. That made my day.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, I so want that my story get online and get people interest so that I can screw their mind with all the twist, mind screw and other idea I have.
Sadly, it won't happen until a very long time....
Anyway, good night here!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Well lookie here, you all finally moved on to 7.0. :p
(I'm not late what are you talking about)

So I know last time I showed my face I was apologizing for disappearing, only to go and disappear again for a whole friggin month. Whoops!

Honestly, I've been incredibly busy, with school starting back up, going on a big ol' mission trip to get community service hours, and other real life shenanigans, I kinda sorta forgot SmashBoards existed for a bit there.

I'm in a pretty comfortable spot at this point, so I'm hoping to drop in more often if you guys will have me back! :kirbymelee:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So it looks like we have a new Smash 4 tier list released today.

Official 4BR Smash for Wii U Tier List v2.0 (Wii U Version 1.1.6)
--------------------TOP--------------------
S: :4diddy::4cloud::4sheik::rosalina::4mario::4sonic::4fox:
A: :4zss::4ryu::4mewtwo::4bayonetta:
-------------------HIGH--------------------
B: :4pikachu::4metaknight::4villager::4megaman::4ness:
C: :4tlink::4corrin::4marth::4falcon::4greninja::4lucario:
--------------------MID---------------------
D: :4yoshi::4pit::4dk::4peach::4darkpit::4rob::4luigi:
E: :4olimar::4robinm::4bowser::4lucas::4wario::4myfriends::4lucina:
--------------------LOW-------------------
F: :4gaw::4pacman::4littlemac::4palutena::4kirby::4duckhunt::4link:
G: :4shulk::4samus::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4drmario::4falco::4feroy:
------------------BOTTOM----------------
H: :4charizard::4dedede::4zelda::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff:

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm happy to see my two mains, Corrin and Greninja, ending up in high tier. I also use characters like Cloud and Ryu from time to time (mostly the former), and it's nice to both are still considered top tier. Then there's Lucario and Shulk who I both use less frequently these days, and I'm OK with both of their positions.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm happy to see my two mains, Corrin and Greninja, ending up in high tier. I also use characters like Cloud and Ryu from time to time (mostly the former), and it's nice to both are still considered top tier. Then there's Lucario and Shulk who I both use less frequently these days, and I'm OK with both of their positions.
I'm on board for the most part, with a few exceptions:

-Cloud is a bit too high. He's definetly good, no doubt there, but I don't think he's #2.

-Wii Fit Trainer is too low. She may not have crazy results but she should at least be E tier imo

-Pikachu is too high, scoot him down a tier. One decent player is not enough to consider him top of B tier.

...Granted, I'm not really a super competitive player (I watch and follow tournaments but I don't ever go to them because I am afraid of social interaction), So my opinions may not be the most valuable but I'm sticking to them.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Thoughts?
I disagree with Cloud's position for the fact that he suffers from a poor recovery if he's not in Limit Break mode. That's a rather serious weakness that can easily be exploited if he's careless.

Sure, Diddy Kong's recovery isn't that great either, but at least he can charge up Rocketbarrel Boost to travel horizontal distances. Additionally, Monkey Flip helps with the horizontal recoveries.

Simply put, I find that Cloud's poor recovery is what holds him back from the top 5 position, since everyone else in the top rankings have better recoveries than him.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Thoughts?

I personally think there's too many S tiers and only a few A tiers. I would put Mario and Cloud down to the A tier.

Oh yeah, I recently play Overwatch and my battlenet ID is Mario#41423, anyone can add me if they also play Overwatch,

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't think most people know who Hatsune Miku is outside of people who have an interest in Japanese online culture.
Most will probably think of her as an anime character because of her design.

And Pokémon is the most global property Nintendo has.

Those plebs at Tierra del Fuego need some Pokemanz to have all the American continent in red.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So uh...random topic, but how do you fix a Linksy router that just won't connect to most of your devices? It will connect to my laptop perfectly, but with my phone and Wii U, it just connects and disconnects at random intervals. It was funky eve since a brief power outage. Idk how to fix it, I tried unplugging the power from the router, resetting it...ugh.

Worked perfectly fine before. I'm tired of being cut off of Tinder and Smash Bros.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So uh...random topic, but how do you fix a Linksy router that just won't connect to most of your devices? It will connect to my laptop perfectly, but with my phone and Wii U, it just connects and disconnects at random intervals. It was funky eve since a brief power outage. Idk how to fix it, I tried unplugging the power from the router, resetting it...ugh.

Worked perfectly fine before. I'm tired of being cut off of Tinder and Smash Bros.
Unplugging and resetting usually fixes most issues. That's odd.

Maybe try changing the setting in the router (things like dynamic/static IP)?

Those plebs at Tierra del Fuego need some Pokemanz to have all the American continent in red.
I forgot to colour it, and then though, ehh, doesn't matter. >_>

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It seem everytime I come here, there is nobody to talk to.
Not even a guest or a bot.
Do I always miss the time where people talk here? If yes, then it stink.:062:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It seem everytime I come here, there is nobody to talk to.
Not even a guest or a bot.
Do I always miss the time where people talk here? If yes, then it stink.:062:
The thread has been really inactive lately.

I wonder why...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am garbag at Pokemon nuzlockes. I've lost 11 Pokemon in Y and im just after beating the second gym.... I had an almost complete team wipe fighting Korrina and her 2 Lucarios.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Disco is ded too courtesy of Discord, we need some pro ****posters to revive that place.
Hire me, I am pretty good at ****posting.
Not Space Stranger level, but I am good I swear. ( I miss the DR to be honest....and my big avatar)
Also, your avatar is pretty cool!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
omg I almost forgot FalKoopa FalKoopa to tell you (happened severakl hours ago), but.....

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/4144

Notice the little thing that says merged?

:D YAY!!!!!

So there it is, my first FOSS contribution :)

I actually put effort into amending these commits cause compile error, 3 code reviews, me forgetting to correct stuff and omg it took a lot of edits (I was too impatient).

These particular commits basically fixes the instruction insert feature from the debugger. You can insert a nop (it basically disables the instructions by replacing to....nothing) and BLR (which forces a return to the caller). Awesome feature, allows to skip stuff like functions calls, but the problem is you need to do very finicky stuff for it to work. Seriously, me and jdaster64 figured out that you had to clear the jit cache from the UI and then make the game run for at least a frame.....but soemtime it's not even possible because you might have a breakpoint in a fucntions that gets called several time per frame and you want to nop these calls.......it's basically very frustrating.

After explaining the detailed issue to a dev and me talking to them, we figured out that the problem wasn't even the jit cache, it was the instruction cache. You had to invalidate the cache at the location of the insertion, but the current code.......all it did was the insertion.....nothing else. So I tried it and it worked so I eventually submitted the pr.

So there it is, this code is in dolphin 5.0-461 and newer :)

I am super happy. Seriously, I have been wanting to contributing to FOSS stuff since YEARS and I fainlly was able to do it (and I still have 4 pr left waiting for further review or merge). I have to say, it's a really fun experience, the fact that you could fork by LITTERALLY PRESSING ONE BUTTON just tells me how free this is.

Though, this is imo the second best fix I submitted, the one I want the most to get merged is the crash fix.

So there you go, really got happy today :)

Top Bottom