• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the main reason for the inactivity is that schools and colleges are starting again.
The lack of Smash 3DS / Wii U updates have probably added to the reduced activity as well. I've gotten pretty tired of participating in the balancing committee thread, since absolutely nothing has changed since round 3 occurred, and I can't bring up personal thoughts without getting scolded right back.

I get hated for buffing certain fighters, while others get nerfs. This is especially true for Rosalina, where I could never understand why her air mobility is weaker than that of fighters like Ike, Donkey Kong, and Wario. I can understand why Bowser, Little Mac, and Robin only have an air speed value of 1 though.

Anyway, it's a broken record type of ordeal, and it has gotten quite old. In the end, you simply can't make everyone happy.

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
The lack of Smash 3DS / Wii U updates have probably added to the reduced activity as well. I've gotten pretty tired of participating in the balancing committee thread, since absolutely nothing has changed since round 3 occurred, and I can't bring up personal thoughts without getting scolded right back.

I get hated for buffing certain fighters, while others get nerfs. This is especially true for Rosalina, where I could never understand why her air mobility is weaker than that of fighters like Ike, Donkey Kong, and Wario. I can understand why Bowser, Little Mac, and Robin only have an air speed value of 1 though.

Anyway, it's a broken record type of ordeal, and it has gotten quite old. In the end, you simply can't make everyone happy.
To be fair, you were trying to buff a character widely considered top-tier, or at least close to it, who invalidates a part of the cast. And you didn't nerf anything to compensate.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, you were trying to buff a character widely considered top-tier, or at least close to it, who invalidates a part of the cast. And you didn't nerf anything to compensate.
The irony of that statement is that I decreased Meta Knight's air speed and falling speed, and I got hated for that too. And the thing to keep note of is that the decreased falling speed makes up for the decreased air speed.

Heck, I even decreased Duck Hunt's falling speed, considering that the duo's recovery move is predictable, and is slow with the vertical ascent.

Frankly, I don't really know why people think that decreasing a fighter's falling speed is bad, because there are actually more pros to being a floaty fighter than when you're a fast falling fighter. This is further evidenced by the fact that Thistle Jump (0.6x falling speed + 0.95x gravity) is a positive bonus effect, while Anchor Jump (1.4x falling speed + 1.4x gravity) is a negative bonus effect.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, what's up everyone?

I've just been browsing Twitter - my activity there has seriously risen - and practising some 日本語.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Nintendo Badge Arcade now has amiibo badges, but the badge set apparently doesn't cover the Super Smash Bros. series amiibo. That just feels weird, considering that the Super Smash Bros. series got amiibo sets before Animal Crossing and Splatoon.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So, what's up everyone?

I've just been browsing Twitter - my activity there has seriously risen - and practising some 日本語.
I haven't been up to all that much, school has been keeping me hostag- er, busy.
Tadpole Treble finally came out a few weeks ago (after three years of waiting), so I've started playing that. So far it's amazing, difficult but addictive and fun. :026:

It's on Wii U (NA) and Steam, I highly, highly recommend it!

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
The irony of that statement is that I decreased Meta Knight's air speed and falling speed, and I got hated for that too. And the thing to keep note of is that the decreased falling speed makes up for the decreased air speed.

Heck, I even decreased Duck Hunt's falling speed, considering that the duo's recovery move is predictable, and is slow with the vertical ascent.

Frankly, I don't really know why people think that decreasing a fighter's falling speed is bad, because there are actually more pros to being a floaty fighter than when you're a fast falling fighter. This is further evidenced by the fact that Thistle Jump (0.6x falling speed + 0.95x gravity) is a positive bonus effect, while Anchor Jump (1.4x falling speed + 1.4x gravity) is a negative bonus effect.
I understand those sorts of changes, I really do. But sometimes, you have to think about balance. And giving Rosalina better air speed in general without nerfing anything else, hence making a good character even better without a catch, might just be a little bit controversial.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ugh... There's like a dozen Adventure Time episodes that I haven't seen and aren't available on iTunes....

Also thanks to -crump- -crump- I noticed that I'm behind on Steven Universe

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, what's up everyone?

I just comeback from work and I can surely say that today was a great day!
Atleast, compared to yesterday.
Now, I am going to lurk.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I've just been helping friends at college move into the apartments all day yesterday, and now my roommates are being pretty noisy like they always were last year.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ugh... There's like a dozen Adventure Time episodes that I haven't seen and aren't available on iTunes....

Also thanks to -crump- -crump- I noticed that I'm behind on Steven Universe
It still boggles me how Cartoon Network would allow younger children to watch a TV-PG program such as that one. Programs with a rating higher than TV-Y7 pretty much require parental guidance, though even TV-Y7 programs may contain materials that aren't meant for viewers under the age of 7.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It still boggles me how Cartoon Network would allow younger children to watch a TV-PG program such as that one. Programs with a rating higher than TV-Y7 pretty much require parental guidance, though even TV-Y7 programs may contain materials that aren't meant for viewers under the age of 7.
Old cartoons and nicktoons had many PG stuff and innuendos and no one complained even now.
Also it is Cartoon Network; not Disney Junior, they can put PG stuff as long they put a warning about it on-screen (thing they do). It is up to the parents to decide what shows are suitable for their young kids to watch and not just assume a channel will air the same type of content all day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Old cartoons and nicktoons had many PG stuff and innuendos and no one complained even now.
Also it is Cartoon Network; not Disney Junior, they can put PG stuff as long they put a warning about it on-screen (thing they do). It is up to the parents to decide what shows are suitable for their young kids to watch and not just assume a channel will air the same type of content all day.
Depending on your TV services, you can potentially set up parental controls to prevent individuals from watching certain programs if they don't know the right PIN number. Of course, it's not exactly perfect as there are multiple programs that have a NR rating, which applies not just for juvenile program stations (such as Sprout), but also for stations that are more designed for older audiences (such as TCM).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You need to catch up, it's getting really good. It's become a perfect fusion of intense drama and dorky humor.

Just out of curiosity, where did you leave off?
I forget the episode but I just watched this morning the episode where Lapis Lazuli and Jasper split and where Steven and Peridot drill down to the giant cluster.

You talking about Adventure Time or Steven Universe?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Funny thing is I've always been pretty nonchalant about Cartoon Network.

The only thing I've seen similar to anything they do is this thing called Teamo Supremo on the Disney channel, and it was a load of crap.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, most of the PG rated shows don't seem to contain anything that harmful for children.

praline praline Whenever I'm scrolling by it looks like your avatar is flipping me off.

Also: aldelaro5 aldelaro5 FalKoopa FalKoopa
Code:
#include iostream

int main
{
        int cake, milk, butter, eggs, flour, sugar;
        cake = milk + butter + eggs + flour + sugar;
        cout<<cake;
        return 0;
}
:dazwa:

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I forget the episode but I just watched this morning the episode where Lapis Lazuli and Jasper split and where Steven and Peridot drill down to the giant cluster.
Alright, so you have pretty much all of Season 3 to catch up on (S4 just started).
Let me tell you, you're in for a treat, especially towards the end. :chuckle:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
praline praline Whenever I'm scrolling by it looks like your avatar is flipping me off.

Also: aldelaro5 aldelaro5 FalKoopa FalKoopa
Yeah it was yesterday, knew it :)

To be honest, most of the PG rated shows don't seem to contain anything that harmful for children.

Code:
#include iostream

int main
{
        int cake, milk, butter, eggs, flour, sugar;
        cake = milk + butter + eggs + flour + sugar;
        cout<<cake;
        return 0;
}
:dazwa:
You forgot to put spaces between the thing and you also forgot to pause at the end :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You talking about Adventure Time or Steven Universe?
Based on what I've seen, both of those programs have received the TV-PG treatment.

Programs that have a TV-PG rating or higher can have content notes, such as violence, language, dialogue, and even suggestive materials; some of that stuff probably should not be seen or heard by younger individuals without parental supervision. Even TV-Y7 programs can have a fantasy violence note for certain programs.

For some reason though, my cable provider puts TV-Y7 below TV-G and G, even though TV-G and G are the all ages admitted ratings. I would think that TV-Y7 would be placed higher than G, since programs with that rating may be more meant for viewers that are age 7 or higher.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Programs that have a TV-PG rating or higher can have content notes, such as violence, language, dialogue, and even suggestive materials; some of that stuff probably should not be seen or heard by younger individuals without parental supervision. Even TV-Y7 programs can have a fantasy violence note for certain programs.

For some reason though, my cable provider puts TV-Y7 below TV-G and G, even though TV-G and G are the all ages admitted ratings. I would think that TV-Y7 would be placed higher than G, since programs with that rating may be more meant for viewers that are age 7 or higher.
I admittedly see them as guidelines, and not hard-and-fast rules of who should see what. (The fact that the descriptions all use 'may' supports this, I'd say)

As far as I've noticed, most of the material that makes the show PG tend to go over the head of younger viewers. Fantasy violence and slapstick, for example, doesn't have the same impact as realistically depicted violence.

From what I've seen of Adventure Time, I haven't really noticed anything that might be unsuitable for young children. Children don't watch a show the same way as adults do, many simply watch it as if it's a visual spectacle, without fully understanding what is going on.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I admittedly see them as guidelines, and not hard-and-fast rules of who should see what. (The fact that the descriptions all use 'may' supports this, I'd say)

As far as I've noticed, most of the material that makes the show PG tend to go over the head of younger viewers. Fantasy violence and slapstick, for example, doesn't have the same impact as realistically depicted violence.

From what I've seen of Adventure Time, I haven't really noticed anything that might be unsuitable for young children. Children don't watch a show the same way as adults do, many simply watch it as if it's a visual spectacle, without fully understanding what is going on.
I guess I just see the ratings system as follows...
  • TV-Y: Designed for young viewers.
  • TV-G: All ages admitted. The G rating equivalent.
  • TV-Y7: Designed for viewers age 7 or higher. Some materials may not be suitable for younger viewers.
  • TV-PG: Parental guidance suggested for children. The PG rating equivalent.
  • TV-14: Designed for viewers age 14 or higher. Basically the PG-13 rating equivalent, and can contain materials that are not suitable for younger viewers.
  • TV-MA: Contains mature content, which is not suitable for younger viewers. Basically the R and NC-17 ratings equivalent.
  • ADULT: Adults only. Avoid these programs if you have children in your household.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Meanwhile, I looked up news articles on Pokémon's global reach. And especially countries where Pokémon GO is popular.

This is the updated map.

Lots of countries were added - Iran, Nigeria, Yemen, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Kenya, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Mauritius.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't feel my legs....
But except that, ( I am not going to talk about it because no) how you going guys?
Me, I have erase my old Conquest save file and continued to grind to advence on my other save.
And I am OK too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can't feel my legs....
But except that, ( I am not going to talk about it because no) how you going guys?
Me, I have erase my old Conquest save file and continued to grind to advence on my other save.
And I am OK too.
I won't ask you about it, but I hope you get better quickly. That doesn't sound okay at all....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I won't ask you about it, but I hope you get better quickly. That doesn't sound okay at all....
Don't worry, I just walked ALOT today, so, my legs are kinda wasted.
Doesn't help that it's freaking hot here. But really, I am fine now.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Holy cow, I have Ike, Reyson, and EVERY woman (save for Ena because I didn't get her) at 20/20 by Chapter 28. Here's the results:

Ike: Str, Skil, Spd, and Def cap
Titania: no caps
Mist: Mag cap
Mia: Str, Skill, and Spd cap
Marcia: Str, Skill, and Spd cap
Nephenee: Str, Skill, and Spd cap
Ilyana: Mag and Res cap
Tanith: no cap
Elicina: Mag cap
Calil: no caps
Lethe: no caps
Astrid: Skill and Spd cap
Lucia: no caps
Jill: Str cap
Reyson: Skill cap

I swear, I haven't done THIS many 20/20 since...ever. Most I ever gotten was 2/3 with Ike, Mist, and Astrid.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Meanwhile, I looked up news articles on Pokémon's global reach. And especially countries where Pokémon GO is popular.

This is the updated map.

Lots of countries were added - Iran, Nigeria, Yemen, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Kenya, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and Mauritius.
All America is red now :denzel:

Btw, Space Strangler got interviewed on the DR, do you have some questions for him? :p

Inb4 PM the entire interview

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Btw, Space Strangler got interviewed on the DR, do you have some questions for him? :p

No, because I can't see it. :C

Anyway, I announce that,
Takumi son, have evolve to...:
Kiragi
to
Tankagi
I give him the Ballistician class so he is now basically a Tank.
Ready to shot arrow on whatever poor soul that will meet his cannon.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Everybody is starting school again and I'm here, lying in bed, recovering from a surgery.
Anyway, how's everyone? Haven't been here for a while.

This is the updated map.

I wonder how many more countries are going to release Go.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Well, I'd like to see that.

If Space Stranger Space Stranger is alright with it, I wouldn't mind a PM. :p

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/07/...in-200-countries-and-regions-relatively-soon/

They promised to release it in "200 countries and regions". That has me hopeful of a release in India before the year ends.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everybody is starting school again and I'm here, lying in bed, recovering from a surgery.
Anyway, how's everyone? Haven't been here for a while.

I am good, i'm going to do a bath right now.
But before that, I have something to show to you all!
You see, since I am alot into FE, I have writted for some of my character some "Critical hit" lines. Since those character are also in a medevial-like world. In th end, I had some fun writing those lines.
So, here it is!
Critic Hit Quote – Zeliux Arc

The Blue Titan:

-And my sentence is...

-And my judgement is...

-Begone.

-Disappear.

The Red Titan:

-Too bad for you, kiddo.

-And your fate is...

-What a bad time.

-Jackpot.

Zeliux:

-By the Red Heart!

-Take this!

-For Queen Lize!

-This is it!

Airow:

-Nothing against you my friend!

-Hey, smile!

-Time to shine!

-Not very lucky, huh?

Marcus:

-Everyone, look!

-For a futur with hope!

-Pray for your life!

-This wind will be your last!

Lize:

-Don't underestimate me!

-For a futur with peace!

-I am sorry for this!

-You make me angry!

Elisia:

-You're wasting my time.

-It's too late for you.

-Die.

-You better dodge this.

Terra:

-There is no other way!

-I regret this but...

-I will not run!

-Brother, give me your strength!

X:

-The end is near...

-And your punishement is...

-Now...DIE!!!

-Your journey ends here.
I writted each line as to what sounded the more cool to me and if the line was with the character personality, so if I done my job right. Those quote could give you a idea on the character personality and all that jazz. :4pacman:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

This is the updated map.

Soon my friends, Pokemon will conquer the world!!

Top Bottom