• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wars - Online Tournament POOLS ARE LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
hey, yeah i signed up but 2 things:
1. Where "Name" was....i put my actual name...and then went back to the topic only to see that it said "display name"...i dunno if thats gamertag or not...but in case any changes need to be made, my GAMERTAG is "BMAK"...and
2. I'm in the same situation as some people...im from toronto but i had to put down i was from new york so if you could change that, then it'd be super cool haha. thanks a lot.

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
リドリー様 is the display-name I chose
(You'll need a Japanese Font to see my display name)
It says "Ridorii-sama", Translates to Master (technically it's Lord) Ridley.
Master Ridley is my alias on the Internet on most other forums.
My Wii-code is 2946-2100-3897-5390.

…signed in…
…I'm in…!

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
Yay! The second Brawl tournament that I signed up for. I never have anything to do on a Saturday, so this is the perfect time for me! The name I signed in under is Shea. It is my real first name. Am I the only one from my state?

JesseFizzo

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I am new to the boards. I am also new to smash Tournaments ,but I love smash bros so it sounded like fun. Any way I just thought I would introduce myself and say hi. If you guys have any pointers let me know.

madzell

Smash Rookie
This will be my first gameing tournament ever so I really have no idea what to expect but hey I hope it's fun.

fuzzy4

Smash Cadet
CHALLENGER APPROACHING - Ichida

:D

EDIT: WHY do we need to specify a state? <.<;

EDIT AGAIN: I just decided to pick a random state. Note somewhere that I am Canadian. No way I'll get left out of this for being Canadian.
Learn to read. They need to know what state you live in to minimize lag and put you in a pool with people from nearby locations. so hopefully you didn't put florida.

Seymour Buttz

Smash Rookie
No doubt Im getting in on this action.

Brawl? Wifi? Need I say more?

If we can get that full 1600 to participate then this will be one chaotic (yet fun) tournament.

For whoever wins, all this means is that they are setting the bar for the rest of us.

All I have to say is good luck everyone. Get your Brawls (or Wiis if you haven't already) and practice.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
[sigh] The school blocks consoles from getting online. Maybe I can ask one of my friends if he has Wi-Fi (if not, I'll bring my own router) if I can go to his place to play, but I doubt it.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I signed up and used NintendoWarrior as my display name. However when I play online my Brawl name will be different since it's only 5 spaces of letters. Is that ok? Also, on Sundays I don't get home from Church till a little after 12pm Pacific time, is that ok?

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I'm in. Residence = in Washington state.

Hope my super low-end DSL is fast enough to handle this, lol (speaking of which... wonder how the rules'll handle cases of extreme lag/disconnects). It's a bit tempermental when playing COD4 and other games, though usually not too bad... we'll see, I guess. Should be fun either way.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
This may hacve already been answered in which case I'm sorry for this post, but is it the winner of each region wins the prize or will there be a finals? I'm assuming the latter of the two.

EDIT: nevermind I just found were it answers my question. Winners from each region will win the prizes.

you guys are too good :D

King_Peachee

Smash Journeyman
NNID
King_Peachee
3DS FC
3754-9306-5412
DaRnaR is ready to own FL with Luigi. I hope there isn't a lot of downtime between matches....I guess I'll have to wait and see. I'm taking off work for this!

Spindles

Smash Rookie
With 1600 people, a great deal of organization is going to be needed. The competition is going to be ridiculous.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I'm just hoping the state selection will expand to include at least Ontario and BC (Canada's biggest provinces), cause I definatley don't want to start in NY and get my arse knocked out in the 1st/2nd match.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It would be sweeter if it included teams.
No it wouldn't.

Well, wait, like you could make your own teams? Because if it were random, somehow I always get screwed that way.

Buuuut 1v1 is peachy.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
No it wouldn't.

Well, wait, like you could make your own teams? Because if it were random, somehow I always get screwed that way.

Buuuut 1v1 is peachy.
....random? Of course not. Teams would be the same as they were in competitive Melee tournaments.

Thing with teams in Brawl is that it's a lot more fun then teams in Melee (IMO).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I figured, but I wanted to clarify. I go to the semi-competitive tournaments, the ones that are just local with a lot more casual players. But the rules are usually set up in a weird way, and the 3 times I've been in some teams round, I've been paired with a really ****ty player- not that I'm great myself, but I just don't like the format at all. Now if I got paired up with someone a lot better than me, I guess I wouldn't complain as much... lol

I wish I had gotten into the competitive scene, that's for sure.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Team matches in brawl are wicked fun NJzFinest.
And I'm relatively sure that random teams would never happen lol.

usea

Smash Ace
How will results disputes be handled? Would screenshots (capture card, camera, etc) of our matches be taken into consideration if our opponent falsely claimed they won? I don't know how we could take an image that properly identified the players... I guess mid-match would show their name.

Ichida

Smash Ace
How will results disputes be handled? Would screenshots (capture card, camera, etc) of our matches be taken into consideration if our opponent falsely claimed they won? I don't know how we could take an image that properly identified the players... I guess mid-match would show their name.
I'll make sure tags get used and take a few screens for my matches.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Good to see you around, Usea :)

We'll be implementing dispute handling after we've had some time with the game. Players with a history of disputing results are more likely to be disqualified. Also, in the later stages of the elimination bracket, it becomes more feasible to have referees observe every game.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to remove ourselves from the registration? I found out that my sister is having her birthday party on that exact day, so I won't be able to participate.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Good to see you around, Usea :)

We'll be implementing dispute handling after we've had some time with the game. Players with a history of disputing results are more likely to be disqualified. Also, in the later stages of the elimination bracket, it becomes more feasible to have referees observe every game.
I believe Spectator Mode is only for non-FC battles.

But I will make a point of recording as many of my matches as possible.

Thrull

Smash Cadet
I believe Spectator Mode is only for non-FC battles.

But I will make a point of recording as many of my matches as possible.
They might mean having a third player, the host I'm guessing, standing in the fight watching. Maybe a custom stage with a hard to access ref-box would work, but then you've got to get everyone the stage (do custom stages auto-download/transfer in FC matches?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom