• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
>_< Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again. Just tell me what time you expect to get here. I'll pm you my phone number as well.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
@Talking Chicken and Acidile: Look up K-W Smashers. I started that website just about 3 years ago but all of a sudden Josh decided to not worry about the UWaterloo Smashfests there and told me everyone to start posting here to that GTA wouldn't think we were dead. Honestly, I liked the website since it made things nice and local.
Yeah, that's the case with Victoria and Facebook as well. We have our connections to the boards here and there (I'm pretty sure Blue Yoshi's our ambassador to smashboards or something :p), but most of our local stuff just happens on our own group. We can still migrate back to the old boards if you want, as long as someone still checks here occasionally for events, etc.

Also Mr. Victoria community builder, just build another community for us because we're all indecisive. (Except for everyone who's on co-op hi Josh)
Fine. :p I propose we meet Monday. If you can't make it this week you can come next week. I don't want to miss playing just because a few people can't make it. If you have stuff to do in the early afternoon you can come later. If enough people say Monday's a bad day before Monday (so people aren't checking Monday afternoon to see if we're playing), we'll play Wednesday. How about whatever day this week we meet is the day we meet for the rest of the term? I know people are busy, but you can't expect to come every week. As long as we're consistent, we'll be okay I think. For now, making sure at least two people and a setup show up at least ONE day every week is probably easier than finding a consistent day that everyone can make it.

By the way, what I said was meant more as advice, not me telling you what to do, sorry if it came off that way. I just don't want to see a smash community die because no one seems to want to do anything. If I could do more besides telling people what they could do, I would.

infomon

Smash Scientist
OK three from guelph, Quenk you're not a problem at all, but I'ma try and squish you in en-route so it'll be 6 of us in a 5-seater car. SOUND OK EVERYONE?

if not then I'll just go get you after and that should be okay. Let me know what you ppl think / if you're all 300lbs :laugh: hehe

we got dis

and rly sorry about Jacky :urg: like are they rly confirmed and need a ride? If you can get Sylar, then you win.

Edit: CURRENT GAME PLAN:
- I leave wloo with annsy at 7:00
- In Guelph at 7:30, picking up in order: summonedfist, summonedfist's friend, Walrace
- head to Brampton to get Quenk for 9:00
- At tourney by 9:30

does that sound reasonable ???

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I tried to get Peter but he is rarely ever on.

@Talking Chicken: I can't make it Monday of this coming week. I'd take Wednesday if it works better but don't make everyone else suffer just for me, I can manage.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good to me. I'm fairly skinny so I don't mind squishing in.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I'll be ready by 7:30am then.

If anything Infzy just text me!
Also what's your vehicle look like? lol

edit: I'm also fairly skinny so it shouldn't be much of a problem...

annsy

Smash Cadet
Silver Dodge Charger

Oh and should you guys call infzy tomorrow morning, fyi it might be me answering--> cell phone law stuffz

annsy

Smash Cadet
yupyup cool, I was looking at the info infzy got, I'm assuming you'll only know where F=MA will meet us in Guelph only that morning?

prepaid >> plans imo so no worries ^_^

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Yes I can lead you to exactly where he is. He's meeting us by the UoG go bus stop, but I know exactly how to get there.

I assume you have a GPS either way so lol.

And yes prepaid rocks 10$ for ~unlimited texts and calling whenever it's a must =D haha

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I tried to get Peter but he is rarely ever on.

@Talking Chicken: I can't make it Monday of this coming week. I'd take Wednesday if it works better but don't make everyone else suffer just for me, I can manage.
Whichever is fine for me. If Wednesday works better for people this week, then I'm fine with it. Let's at least try to get something going, though.

annsy

Smash Cadet
Yes I can lead you to exactly where he is. He's meeting us by the UoG go bus stop, but I know exactly how to get there.

I assume you have a GPS either way so lol.
Awesome, I'm google mapping it atm...I think we're working with maps and written instruction ^_^, if you have a GPS, you're invited to bring it :D

Flan

Smash Journeyman
made it back alright? LoLz

That was a fantastic GPS btw...props on holding it outside the window to find signal while infzy was driving in circles around an empty parking lot ><

'twas cool meeting you, F=MA, Walrace and Quenk!
That GPS doesn't beat Peter's old school GPS which has the best pronouncation of Guelph. "Now arriving at .... Gelph, Ontario".

annsy

Smash Cadet
LOL

Actually it's like the exact same GPS I think.... I think ours just has a more updated language mechanism LOL

And good job getting home! :)
Gelph? LoLz...idk does that beat Guelp-hh? I know for the longest time, one type of GPS said "turn bleft" o_O lol a degree in linguistics from the University of Guelp-hh

Flan

Smash Journeyman
so I need to grab my cube from my locker tomorrow. I was going to bring the wii again but Victor knocked my laser out of place when he went to answer the door. Oh well, less loading screens.

If Brian comes with me, we might bring a TV. That is if another person brings a set-up for Clarence.

EWC

Smash Ace
I'm going to be there too, and I can bring a cube+two controllers if necessary. How many T.V.'s can we confirm?

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys, I'm gonna be at the UW Gamers event across campus at the SLC. If you guys wanna use my TV, let me know, and I'll bring it by, as long as somebody contacts me at the end of the nigh,t so I can put it back in my office. Another option would be if you guys wanted to come join us, there will probably be Smash there too.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
K I likely have somewhere to be around 7-9, but am so d to start early and come back after. If anyone is driving, I have a full setup (tv cube) without a smash disc that I can bring and leave if I step out for a bit. Text me-519 505 2599

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring a smash disc and a TV if I come. Jack is gonna give me and Brian a ride and we will be there sometime around 6ish I'm assuming.

@Afro: Bring your sexy *** falcon down here for some epic **** plz

@KirbyKaze: We needz your training!!!!!!

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
k think you guys can pick up me and my setup then? I live like 10seconds away from the school and more setups = ****. Text me to let me know.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
so i think there's a little bit of a misunderstanding lol

i was told flan could only make it really if brian went, and brian was working... so i decided to say next week since i'd be good for driving everyone (it'd be reading week)

i was trying to work something out with flan for NEXT week because i have vehicle johns (my household is left with a crummy van that i hate driving with cuz it would literally break down any minute which would screw up the whole sneaking out plan lol)

flan mistook our plan for tonight....

but i hope he has another method of getting there =\

if i found out like literally one hour ago, I could've made my sis take the crummy van to work and leave the nicer car behind lol, but this is not the case

sorry everyone :(

sorry brian for going through the trouble to get someone to take your shift X_X

edit: i also really have til 8ish, so everyone wanting to get there around 6-7 really doesn't work out... next week!!!

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, due to some miss communication between Jack and I (my fault), neither of us will be coming down to smash. He thought I meant next week and I though he meant this week.

NEXT WEEK JACK AND I WILL BE COMING DOWN FOR SURE.

If anyone wants to smash still, talk to Clarence about getting his TV.

Top Bottom