• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

EWC

Smash Ace
Tuesday is no good for a bunch of people. How would Wednesday work out for you guys?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Only every other Tuesday is good, starting next tuesday the 2nd as good, and the one after that is no good (the 9th) and so on, only cuz I have a lab 'til late every other tuesday.

Also, Infzy do you still have a space or two in your car for LBT2?
Unless Peter pulls through :)

Flan

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I don't think I can make next Tuesday. My friends and I have schedule a draft to take place all day and I might be working. The following week I can't make it either because I'm in Toronto Sunday - Tuesday.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
yep space for summonedyfisty and that petar guy
both of you PM me when you're legit confirming
are you driving peter too?

he usually drives too, but we're all in the same area, so the green part of me thinks we should carpool haha

i sound so lame

but yes i'll PM you as soon as i work some things out :)

i'm a 98% go for now tho.

also, how many more spaces do you have for guelph? I have a couple of ppl who'd love to come along as well, and if you don't mind i'd invite at least one or two more? (provided you have the space)

infomon

Smash Scientist
Peter hasn't said anything to me so I assume I'm not driving him. I'm bringing one from Wloo, and we're picking up one in Brampton en route (if there's time; I'ma find his full address and verify that that's do-able). Then with you, we've only got one extra spot, it's Peter's if he wants it.

but wait, you two are in Guelph? when did that happen? or do you mean, can we stop in guelph to pick ppl up... I reeeally want to avoid going through guelph unless we have to, due to time constraints.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Yeah, I only meant that I'm in Guelph. If you'd like, I could try to find my way to wloo? Or try to have at least a meeting place?

It's about 25 minutes driving from UW to my house in rushhour times, so it's a decent time consumption.

Just let me know what you suggest.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
yeah, so apparently stores that selling magic cards are having trouble getting Fat packs for the WorldWake release. Luckily, I went in today and got them to see aside one for me.

I'm also official an addict now. $10 on one card and I've spent more than $100 on Magic cards.

and is some Melee going down on Monday?

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
If melee is going down monday i could prolly make it to grab some practice for lbt and brian get a ride down to my house on friday night and crash and we'll go to lbt

annsy

Smash Cadet
ok, just ran into this thread....melee practice this week pre-lbt2, any brawl practice happening? *crosses fingers* like thursday or friday?

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
I know this is pretty late notice, but is there still any room in a carpool from UW to LBT2?

infomon

Smash Scientist
for any Brawl practice, contact Infzy. He's always looking for good brawlers.
^^ this = :laugh:

afaik my carpool to LBT2 is: myself, annsy, and some guy in brampton we're picking up on the way. That leaves 2 spots, one of which is for summonedfist although I'd really rather not go to brampton. If Peter can go to guelph, that's awesome, and I'll take ShiFu. Unless ShiFu is in brampton, in which case :urg:

If Peter can't go to gueph, then I'll leave early and go to gueph for summonedfist (+ 1 friend, which would bump out ShiFu).

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
If it all works out Infzy was picking up ppl from UW and has one spot left. If peter confirms that he's picking me up tho then Infzy would have 2 spots left. The two of them are sorta busy tho. I just can't get to UW unless I have to or else he'll have only one spot left.

I need peter to confirm =D

Also regarding tomorrow at UW, flan can you get there around 4/5ish? I can come early again but can only stay til about 8

Edit (infzy sync post =D): yeah if peter pulls through then it'll work out really well, cuz we'd have more cars coming from this general area. Infzy if peter can't pick me up but you do, that would be amazing. I will pay for gas as well. I just feel bad for bumping the other person out =\ I am closer to you tho, I think lol....

Edit twooo: Infzy, I just spoke with peter and he's bringing like 2 oversized tvs to LBT2,.... so if i could request you to pick me and at least a friend up, then would that be possible? fyi i also live on like the border of guelph, so you wouldn't have to travel in guelph at all basically.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
@Jack: I can do my best to get there nice and early with but unless I can get someone to come with me, I'm not bringing my heavy *** TV. My parents won't let me take it and I really hate to take it too. Brian needz to studying so unless I can find someone else or someone else has a TV, then we might be better waiting until Wednesday.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
All right then, that's fine...

Me and peter decided to play at his house cuz we're both more available in the earlier part of the evening.

I'll let you know how good i am for wed then.

infomon

Smash Scientist
okie-dokie PM me ur addy mr. summonedyfisty

and sorry ShiFu and Hype mah car's all booked :urg:

allthoouuuuuughhh.... I could just rent a car big enough that I could shove one or both of Peter's huge TVs in its trunk and then open up some spots for other ppl to carpool?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol if you and peter collaborated that would be awesome and complicated at the same time XD

cuz if peter's tvs could fit in a trunk that could fit 3 more ppl in his back seat (3 guelphies =D) and infzy could fit like more ppl in his

do you know how far away yo ulive from peter? lol

also infzy i pm'd you my address.

annsy

Smash Cadet
it could be a smash van!! :D with the right setup, a tv+console on a portable power supply would be fantastic for smash en route.

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ lolllll

I looked up the prices for renting a minivan or w/e and it's waayy too much. I rented a "full size" but idk how much that will help, but I'm hoping it means there's enough room in the trunk for some TVs. (I'm taking a full setup + livestream setup but that's not much stuff rly).

I'm getting the car on Friday at 5:30 so if Peter's around then we could see if his TV(s) fit in my car, and can then figure out more ride stuff.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
it could be a smash van!! :D with the right setup, a tv+console on a portable power supply would be fantastic for smash en route.
SMMMMMASSSSSSHHHH VAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I've been think of that for a while now. Just need to rent out a limo and have a smash tournament all in a series of limo xD TV + Playing enroute to needed food stops and picking up players as we go. If I get rich, I will make this happen some day!

annsy

Smash Cadet
SMMMMMASSSSSSHHHH VAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I've been think of that for a while now. Just need to rent out a limo and have a smash tournament all in a series of limo xD TV + Playing enroute to needed food stops and picking up players as we go. If I get rich, I will make this happen some day!
lol food stops, picking up players, and solving mysteries scooby doo style! I'm sure it's doable, even in a car, I'll dig out my power supply sometime this week, and see if there's time to try out a setup ^_^ just even for teh fun of trying

annsy

Smash Cadet
infzy and peter...

there's walrace from Guelph and jigsaw from Brampton needing rides...but like at this point are there any more spots to be had? peter out of curiosity how big are those tv's?

I'm assuming no more drivers in the area either?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
those tvs are oversized

and tbqh it's really only worth it if one car comes to guelph to pick us all up
we'd need someone with 3 seats open or more, and if that's possible, there'd probably be others to take precedence from guelph who'd need those seats =\

if i was allowed to drive i'd pick us all up lol, but lame parents are lame X_X

infomon

Smash Scientist
Why doesn't guelph take da bus?

Peter should ditch the TVs and take guelph instead. Ppl are moar important than (oversized, unwieldy) setups.

Peter: are you actually going? How many spots do you have?

EVERYONE: anyone in Waterloo area who wants to brawl Friday night, starting at 7pm, I'll PM you my address. epic practice!

Walrace

Smash Rookie
Heyo all!
I am another Guelphite lookin' for a ride...
Could I possibly snag a seat in a car?
If anyone has space to take me, I would be super grateful!
Also, an important factor:
I can pitch gas monies and snacks too!

thanks guys!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Honestly, tvs are more important at this point -_-

Leek

Smash Cadet
visitin waterloo this weekend if anyone wants to smash (might be good only sunday mornin to evening though)

Edit: nevermind, realized lbt2 is goin on day before.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I was hoping to get Jacky to go too, we made a bet if he'd get out of pools or not haha, but he's been getting out of pools lately anyways so I bet he would.

I agree tho TVs are pretty important. =\

And as for melee as in TONIGHT? I don't think I'll be there, I'm behind in work XD

Top Bottom