Q&A Smash Ultimate Q&A thread

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I recently discovered something just messing around on Training Mode:
  1. Go as a character with a rapid jab (Bowser Jr, Mr Game & Watch, etc.)
  2. Pick Bowser as your opponent (important, since I haven't found this to work with other characters yet)
  3. Position yourself with your back against a ledge and Bowser right in front of you
  4. Use your rapid jab
If done right, Bowser will just move left to right, still taking damage but no hitstun so he stays in his idle animation, and the number of combos will stay at 1. Is this a glitch - either from the patch or since the game came out - or is this intentional to stop Bowser from being a victim of some jab combos?

JiggyNinja

Smash Apprentice
I recently discovered something just messing around on Training Mode:
  1. Go as a character with a rapid jab (Bowser Jr, Mr Game & Watch, etc.)
  2. Pick Bowser as your opponent (important, since I haven't found this to work with other characters yet)
  3. Position yourself with your back against a ledge and Bowser right in front of you
  4. Use your rapid jab
If done right, Bowser will just move left to right, still taking damage but no hitstun so he stays in his idle animation, and the number of combos will stay at 1. Is this a glitch - either from the patch or since the game came out - or is this intentional to stop Bowser from being a victim of some jab combos?
That's called "Tough Guy", a unique property of Bowser that gives him a small amount of super armor at all times.

Guys, I've been playing singles competitively for a few months now. There's a big regional coming up for my state and I entered doubles with my friend on a whim just because we both want more experience and why not? Neither of us expect to do well in doubles at all, but I wanted to ask: how do you play doubles in this game? What strategies are common/work? How should I approach it differently from singles? And team attack is typically on, correct?