• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If this is the list of games, I'm not sure Banjo would promote the console.
Though those games seem to be all first party while there were some third parties in the older consoles, so maybe that's not the actual list.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I joined here to get in on that hot speculation. Unfortunately my uncle who works at Nintendo is refusing to give up the goods ("You don't know what Reggie will do to me") so I have no leaks.

The last characters being Ken and Incineroar does seem pretty plausible to me, and almost every Smash cycle so far has taught me that expectations must, at some point, be reasonably tempered. And we've really gotten a lot so far. However, it seems equally possible to me that there's still stuff we don't know about. I hear boxes are a controversial topic, but honestly I see that whole thing as being a pretty reasonable place to temper your expectations - I don't necessarily think that box art would spoil how many characters we have coming, but I also don't necessarily think that they WOULDN'T... the only way to know for sure is to wait and see.

That said, I do have a shortlist of people I'd love to see:

Geno
Banjo
Isaac
Lloyd

If I got even one of those guys on top of everything we have now in the starting roster, I'd have absolutely no complaints at all. I mean, I won't have many complaints even if we don't, but I'd love to see any of them and would party it up if they were revealed. I'd also love to see any characters beyond Ken and Incineroar, simply because they'd be a surprise. But it's best to keep expectations tame, you literally lose nothing by doing so. Doesn't mean people can't or shouldn't speculate about who they want or would like, that's seriously part of the fun of Smash. Just don't talk yourself into something so much that you lose your head if they don't make it in.

The biggest thing to me, is that I think when you ARE revealing the whole roster before the game launches, I think that makes it more imperative to end on a bang, compared to when there are some characters left unknown by launch date. But we've never really had something like this before, so we pretty much have to just wait and see when there's another Direct date popping up or if something else credible looking crawls out of the woodwork.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Though those games seem to be all first party while there were some third parties in the older consoles, so maybe that's not the actual list.
I think that was for Wii U virtual console, or the normal Wii.

At least, that's the conclusion that was reached in the Banjo-Kazooie thread.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'd ignore that person... They seem like a troll

And Lip Deconfirms it...
If Takamaru can't escape the Japanese only fate. neither can Lip
I'll give points for Crash though
Uhm? :roymelee::lucas:
People still keep making these "patterns" trying to decifre another guy's mind.

Edit: removed Ness, but the point still stands.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yo, I joined here to get in on that hot speculation. Unfortunately my uncle who works at Nintendo is refusing to give up the goods ("You don't know what Reggie will do to me") so I have no leaks.

The last characters being Ken and Incineroar does seem pretty plausible to me, and almost every Smash cycle so far has taught me that expectations must, at some point, be reasonably tempered. And we've really gotten a lot so far. However, it seems equally possible to me that there's still stuff we don't know about. I hear boxes are a controversial topic, but honestly I see that whole thing as being a pretty reasonable place to temper your expectations - I don't necessarily think that box art would spoil how many characters we have coming, but I also don't necessarily think that they WOULDN'T... the only way to know for sure is to wait and see.

That said, I do have a shortlist of people I'd love to see:

Geno
Banjo
Isaac
Lloyd

If I got even one of those guys on top of everything we have now in the starting roster, I'd have absolutely no complaints at all. I mean, I won't have many complaints even if we don't, but I'd love to see any of them and would party it up if they were revealed. I'd also love to see any characters beyond Ken and Incineroar, simply because they'd be a surprise. But it's best to keep expectations tame, you literally lose nothing by doing so. Doesn't mean people can't or shouldn't speculate about who they want or would like, that's seriously part of the fun of Smash. Just don't talk yourself into something so much that you lose your head if they don't make it in.

The biggest thing to me, is that I think when you ARE revealing the whole roster before the game launches, I think that makes it more imperative to end on a bang, compared to when there are some characters left unknown by launch date. But we've never really had something like this before, so we pretty much have to just wait and see when there's another Direct date popping up or if something else credible looking crawls out of the woodwork.
Howdy! Folks call me Wander!

Unfortunately you happened upon this board at an awkward time, our society is being destroyed by boxes.
But please, enjoy you're stay!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hi, can you post the text here? can't open 4Chan at work.

Thanks!
Sure;

New Stages: So as everyone realizes at this point, there are 108 stages. A couple of newcomers get them, but a couple don’t.

1.) Smash History: This one is actually one of my favorites. In terms of what it is, it’s the Mario Maker stage, but instead of switching between the different games, it switches between each of the consoles smash has been on (N64, Gamecube, Wii, 3ds, Wii U, Switch).
2.) Overworld (Minecraft): So yea, there is Minecraft representation in smash, but we will get more into that later.
3.) Forest Maze (Super Mario RPG): So for those of you guys that don’t know, every 3rd party characters gets at least one stage. I bet you know whose this is.
4.) PokeFloats 2: Updated with new pokemon, and made so it works with stage morph.
5.) N. Sanity Beach (Crash Bandicoot): I know a lot of you guys are excited about this one!

Characters:
1.) Geno: Geno earned a spot before he got his Mii costume in Smash 4, Sakurai loves him, and he wanted to make everyone happy.
2.) Incineroar: Brand New Gen 7 Pokemon Rep.
3.) Lip (New Retro Rep): for those of you that don’t know, Lip was the protagonist of a game that only released in Japan called Panel de Pon. The game got remade for an American and European release, but the game was changed to have a Yoshi theme.
4.) Bandana Waddle Dee (Highly requested in Japan in the Smash Ballot, people in Japan LOVE him)
5.) Skull Kid: Sakurai decided that Zelda needed a new rep outside of the three that use the triforce, and Sakurai really likes Skull Kid.
6.) Crash Bandicoot: This one might come as a surprise to you all, but Sakurai decided he wanted to try and strike a deal to get him into Smash. He didn’t think he was going to be able to, but the negotiations went well and now we have him!
7.) Steve: Sakurai originally wasn’t going to add Steve, but he recognizes how popular and influential he is and he really wanted to make him a unique moveset.

Echo Fighters:
1.) Ken: Do I even have to go into detail as to why he is in? I will say however, that I cannot confirm or deny the validity of the picture that has recently leaked as I have not seen him myself.
2.) Shadow: Sakurai really struggled with this one because he thought Shadow would work better as a semi-clone. However, when it came to start development he made a few changes to Shadow, but he isn’t different enough to consider him a semi-clone.
3.) Impa: I feel like a lot of people won’t get this so let me explain. Impa is an echo fighter for sheik, and she is going to be based off of her Ocarina of Time design. She was the one who taught Zelda how to fight as sheik so obviously she could be an echo fighter for her.
4.) Octoling: I haven’t seen them, but I heard it took almost no work to make these guys. They are no different at all from the inklings, except they have different hair, different ink colors, and the squid was changed to an octopus
5.) Medusa: Echo fighter for Palutena, she’s basically Palutena evil. She is a little different, but they have basically all the same moves but Medusa has different animations.

Couple other points I need to address:

DLC: Yes, DLC is coming but as of now, no one besides the higher ups know what it is. Apparently the higher ups have started working on it because at this point, the base game is done, all that is left to do is testing, and deal with some minor tech issues. Rumor has it the first DLC character is going to be announced similar to how Mewtwo was announced in Smash 4, and you will get it for free if you have the game and Nintendo Switch Online.

huh why Ness?

or is that Ninten?
Were Ness released worldwide before Smash 64? (I'm not 100% sure on it, but I know for Roy and Lucas)

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Official or not, when it comes to the Mario Party games why do they only rerelease 2 and not 3 as well?

I understand the first one won't get rereleased since 2 was pretty much a better version of that game(plus it had those mini games that were physically harmful to play on your hands) but 3 was so unique did just as well, I'm dying to play that game again but they keep giving it the shaft for whatever reason.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I think the reason people are so hostile towards possibilities for the final roster is that there are still some people (read: dumb stupid ****s) who think that this will be the final Smash game.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think that was for Wii U virtual console, or the normal Wii.

At least, that's the conclusion that was reached in the Banjo-Kazooie thread.
But Virtual Console games already have a software manual included in them (while games on the "mini" consoles usually don't)...

I mean, that list of games is a pretty accurate list of the iconic games on the N64, the only ones that are missing are Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye and... Diddy Kong Racing maybe? I'm not sure what else is missing. There were little to no third parties because the Nintendo 64 had very little third party support in general.

I always assumed they did it for the N64 mini, but I'm not 100% sure.

Official or not, when it comes to the Mario Party games why do they only rerelease 2 and not 3 as well?

I understand the first one won't get rereleased since 2 was pretty much a better version of that game(plus it had those mini games that were physicallyharmful to play on your hands) but 3 was so unique did just as well, I'm dying to play that game again but they keep giving it the shaft for whatever reason.
I agree with you about Mario Party 3... maybe they just don't want to put too many Mario Party games in the same console, and they thought MP2 was more iconic... I don't know.
Wasn't Donkey Kong Country 1 the only DK game on the SNES Mini if I remember? Despite people usually consider the third game to be the best?

Everything is possible, I don't know really.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Uhm? :roymelee::lucas:
People still keep making these "patterns" trying to decifre another guy's mind.

Edit: removed Ness, but the point still stands.
That's the Pre brawl days. things are different now.
Also Sakurai found out a little too late about Mother 3 Being Japan only.
Nowadays, he would never add a Japanese only character.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
But Virtual Console games already have a software manual included in them (while games on the "mini" consoles usually don't)...

I mean, that list of games is a pretty accurate list of the iconic games on the N64, the only ones who are missing are Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye and... Diddy Kong Racing maybe? I'm not sure what else is missing. There were little to no third parties because the Nintendo 64 had very little third party support in general.

I always assumed they did it for the N64 mini, but I'm not 100% sure.

I agree with you about Mario Party 3... maybe they just don't want to put too many Mario Party games in the same console, and they thought MP2 was more iconic... I don't know.
Was Donkey Kong Country 1 the only DK game on the SNES Mini if I remember? Despite people usually consider the third game to be the best?

Everything is possible, I don't know really.
It was Dkc 2 to be considered the best of the series but that game has been rereleased many times.

It's true that Mario Party 2 is the most popular but Mario Party 3 was nearly just as popular and I see no reason why they never rereleased it on the virtual console.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
The reason I value the box theory is because it has a lot of credentials and merit. Vergeban has Incineroar and KEN ( Ken nearly essential for the theory to maintain). Sakurai said there's only a few more left to reveal during the direct and that was before K. Rool and Isabelle was shown.

Now I am not absolutely certain that Ken / Incineroar are the last ones. In fact I believe we are getting a Square Enix character as well. What the box theory does for me is that the amount of Unique newcomers left to show is low probably 2-3 left (including Incineroar and Square Rep) IMO and this lines up with Sakurais statement. I definitely see the possibility of getting more clones but not a lot unique fighters in the near future. We could very well get another character that wasn't leaked like K.Rool but I'd only entertain one character. I only believe we are getting 2-3 more unique characters considering the timeframe. Clones outside of Ken certainly being possible since Vergeban hasn't leaked most that was revealed so far. I certainly have wondered if he would reveal 4-5 more unique characters within the timeframe but I concluded for myself that was unreaIistic. Incineroar and a Square Rep already = 2 in Unique's characters right there. Again, I can see one more character that wasn't leaked by Verge that is a unique character. That's my expectations; I would be pleasantly surprised if there was more. I'm already happy with the roster.

You don't actually need Box theory to believe there's only 2-3 Unique newcomers left. During the direct when Sakurai said a FEW more; I already said so 4-5 more in terms of unique fighters. K. Rool + Isabelle takes that number down to 2-3. Box theory already aligns with my beliefs along with outside factors such as Vergeban and the remaining time left unit release.

I would obviously want more characters; but personally I set myself realistic expectations or desires for mepersonally. You are free to believe in 4-6 more additional unique characters if it fits your beliefs; I would say that is unrealistic for me personally. I'm not going to argue either against your beliefs. I will support the box theory though.

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
this. people need to remember that brawl is 10 years old, and things are different. smash aims more for global appeal now than ever

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I mean, that list of games is a pretty accurate list of the iconic games on the N64, the only ones that are missing are Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye and... Diddy Kong Racing maybe? I'm not sure what else is missing. There were little to no third parties because the Nintendo 64 had very little third party support in general.
Idk, it matches up with the Wii U virtual console list minus Harvest Moon 64 and something called "Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber"

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm still not feeling it.
Ridley is too big.
K. Rool does not hold any relevance.
Must have history with Nintendo. Tell that to Cloud prior to 2019.
Sukapon being an Assist Trophy.
Clones getting official terms. or atleas the echoes.

I just feel Ultimate has been a different thing for Sakurai. A game changer for us speculators.
The exclusivity thing does not hold water. Takamaru were most likley not added for different reasons.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm still not feeling it.
Ridley is too big.
K. Rool does not hold any relevance.
Must have history with Nintendo. Tell that to Cloud prior to 2019.
Sukapon being an Assist Trophy.
Clones getting official terms. or atleas the echoes.

I just feel Ultimate has been a different thing for Sakurai. A game changer for us speculators.
The exclusivity thing does not hold water. Takamaru were most likley not added for different reasons.
Are you saying every rule is gonna be broken? If that were the case, we would have had Goku and Shrek announced by now...

Also, funny you mention Sukapon. If she (yes, she's female) wasn't Japan only, pretty sure she would have been a potential Smash Candidate. Her and Takamaru... and of course, that didn't happen

Rules can be broken... but you have to draw the line somewhere...

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I can imagine it being the Minecraft movie - I recall that being planned for 2019 - so either that, Smash, an update that everyone expects so he may as well say "new update / update we can't talk about" instead of "thing we can't talk about," or just about anything else.
I forgot that a Minecraft movie is about to come out next year.

Jeezus, I remember it being mentioned 2 years ago, but it feels weird that we’re close to 2019 now.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Are you saying every rule is gonna be broken? If that were the case, we would have had Goku and Shrek announced by now...

Also, funny you mention Sukapon. If she (yes, she's female) wasn't Japan only, pretty sure she would have been a potential Smash Candidate. Her and Takamaru... and of course, that didn't happen

Rules can be broken... but you have to cross the line somewhere...
Of course not. I think there are plenty of things that could and should be intact, but I don't want the rule out the possibilities. It's Sakurai we are talking about, he has done the impossible possible before.
"Rules are meant to be broken" - :4cloud: Smash 4

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
"A few more to announce" could mean anything, and frankly I refuse to believe a game this big would end its pre-launch reveals on an obvious clone and yet another Pokemon. Bring up all the past examples you want, but based on the amount of changes made Nintendo is definitely learning from those mistakes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Woof, looks like things got heated there for a bit. Glad to see it's calmed down a little bit, at least.

Even if Box Theory proves true, I'm okay with it. Then again, the roster could have ended at Inklings and Ridley and I would have been okay with it, lol. Characters aren't the end all be all of a Smash game for me personally, so if a few I want don't get in, it's definitely a bummer but in the grand scheme of things nothing that's really a big deal to me. Besides, DLC is most likely gonna be a thing, so unless that gets shot down, base roster isn't gonna be the end and we'll at least have a few post-release updates to add a little more. :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"A few more to announce" could mean anything, and frankly I refuse to believe a game this big would end its pre-launch reveals on an obvious clone and yet another Pokemon. Bring up all the past examples you want, but based on the amount of changes made Nintendo is definitely learning from those mistakes.
Knowing Sakurai he could be pulling at us such as when he says that he means unique fighters.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well Takumaru was dropped from being playable since he never got a release outside Japan if anything to go by.
That was during Smash 4, right?
This is Ultimate. His game did get a worldwide release prior to Ultimate.
Which means, what would have stopped him of placing him into the game at this point? Sakurai does what he want, does he not?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That was during Smash 4, right?
This is Ultimate. His game did get a worldwide release prior to Ultimate.
Which means, what would have stopped him of placing him into the game at this point? Sakurai does what he want, does he not?
Yet he is still an assist trophy... Trust me, I would love some Japanese exclusive characters to be in smash (Sukapon and Ayumi Tachibana were among my most wanted), I just don't see it happening

Anyways, in other news, I found this...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Nintendo might be listening to our prayers after all (Not sure if this was discussed yet, but I Don't Care)

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yet he is still an assist trophy... Trust me, I would love some Japanese exclusive characters to be in smash (Sukapon and Ayumi Tachibana were among my most wanted), I just don't see it happening
I know how you feel. I just don't wish to give up on any Nintendo first party series just because their region exclusive. I could see Nintendo making sure to localize different things for the Switch and Sakurai being told of this.

I would not support lisence hell type of characters, nor anything outside of video game oriantated, but the exclusivity thing I can't really hold on to 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom