• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
As much as I want Banjo, this doesn't look credible in the slightest. 9 characters left until launch sounds waaaaay to good to be true

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the only one who needs another push to be sure that Incineroar is in.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So... heh, did I miss somethin'? Or are we just shambling about in this dry desert of a thread, foaming at the mouth for somebody to go on 4chan and claim to know things?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Bruh if we got Medusa and Dixie Kong on top of Chrom, Dark Samus, Inkling, Isabelle, K.Rool, and Ridley. I would start to suspect Sakurai implanted a chip in my brain to give me 90% of my most wanted characters...(sadly Krystal and Captain Toad were deconfirmed).

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm holding out on some small chance for it to be true. That's like the perfect base roster honestly.

Granted its lacking Black Shadow but hey Banjo and Medusa only would make up more then enough for it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Supposedly this was the roster in the thread:
View attachment 166368
So lemme see if I got this right

Newcomers- Gen 7 Starter Pokemon that Game Freak is pushing (Please have a cool moveset), The 2nd SE character (And definitely not from Dragon Quest 11), a nice surprise for the Xenoblade Chronicles X fans and Microsoft forgetting what a console war is, times two.

Echos- Dixie Kong, Shadow, Medusa, Ken.

If true, a good line-up, only really missing Isaac and those who got stuck as Assist Trophies again.

And it allows for Nintendo vs Sega vs Sony (via 3rd parties in Cloud and Snake) vs Microsoft matches.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>claims that Vergeben have false information

Welp, this leak is going to the trash, since verge was already a credible leaker and he was right on the leaks that he just posted on gamefaqs and /r/Kappa. (I also know that he can be wrong anytime so that didn't change anything but we have to follow his word and see if he's right on money or not.)

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm glad to see a good amount of support for Black Shadow considering how long F-Zero's been dormant, the amount of fake leaks he's been showing up in have been growing (though granted that may just be because of the mysterious Prima leak).

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Is Ken still considered a sure thing or are we backtracking on him? Haven't seen him mentioned for a bit is all and wondered where we were upto with leaks.
Pretty sure that he's lock along with Incineroar, however mysterious Square Enix rep and Steve are still up in the air, and don't forget the unrevealed characters like king k rool isn't on verge's leak radar yet.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So you're throwing out all the Smash 4 stuff, in which case you only have...two Directs to based this "pattern" on, seems like an awfully small sample size to me.
Why should I use Smash 4 as an example of what might happen now? I saw people doing the same with SSB4 using examples of the Brawl days for why something might happen. It's far more reliable to make assumptions based on what is happening now instead of something that happened years ago.

People used to drag up old Sakurai quotes to argue why he wouldn't add Ridley etc etc. Things change, and you can't rely on patterns of the past to determine what will happen now. This is a whole different beast. How he is showing us characters now is different from how he showed us characters in the past. Each Smash is different and I don't think it's "moving goal posts" to say that how something was done before is not a reliable way to look at things now.

I know we only have two Directs to go by (actually we have 4 if you include the teaser in March and E3) but we also have the Famistu interview to know that Sakurai is really going all out on these character reveals and making sure they are done right.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
S.
Segata Sanshiro?

This leaker's IQ is...perhaps the highest of any leaker I've seen.

Why should I use Smash 4 as an example of what might happen now? I saw people doing the same with SSB4 using examples of the Brawl days for why something might happen. It's far more reliable to make assumptions on what is happening now instead of something that happened years ago.

People used to drag up old Sakurai quotes to argue why he wouldn't add Ridley etc etc. Things change and you can't rely on patterns of the past to determine what will happen now. This is a whole different beast. How he is showing us characters now is different from how he showed us characters in the past. Each Smash is different and I don't think it's "moving goal posts" to say that how something was done before is not a reliable way to look at things now.

I know we only have two Directs to go by (actually we have three) but we also have the Famistu interview to know that Sakurai is really going all out on these character reveals and making sure they are done right.
Because that's what you're basing your argument on. You are relying on what Sakurai's done in the past to prove that he won't do a trailer in the middle. And now you're arguing we can't rely on the past.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So there was a thread on Gamefaqs mentioning a "full roster leaked by Vergeban." Vergeban either posted in or commented in the thread. However, it was deleted, and there isn't any reliable sources telling us what was posted yet, so we don't know.
Was this the one that linked to a 4chan thread, claiming that it was Vergeben who posted it?

Because that thread was 100% a troll post, the image had Jay-Z and Kanye West on it, along with a bunch of other characters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is Ken still considered a sure thing or are we backtracking on him? Haven't seen him mentioned for a bit is all and wondered where we were upto with leaks.
The Ken is IN and he's as **** ugly as he's ever been.

I think that's the general consensus anyway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Because that's what you're basing your argument on. You are relying on what Sakurai's done in the past to prove that he won't do a trailer in the middle. And now you're arguing we can't rely on the past.
The past? I'm talking about now. This year. For this game. You are the one moving goal posts. I'm am talking specifically about Smash Ultimate character reveals. How he is revealing characters FOR THIS GAME. Not Smash 4 character reveals. Not Smash Brawl character reveals. Smash Ultimate.

I am relying on how Sakurai has been revealing fighters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to make my theory.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The past? I'm talking about now. This year. For this game. You are the one moving goal posts. I'm am talking specifically about Smash Ultimate character reveals. How he is revealing characters FOR THIS GAME. Not Smash 4 character reveals. Not Smash Brawl character reveals. Smash Ultimate.
See even then it's very odd of you to say this because we have 1 actual Smash Direct to go off of.
I understand your argument, I just don't agree with the reasoning.

D

Deleted member

Did Verge say that a Minecraft stage/AT was something he was confident about similar to Ken and Incineroar? I can't remember if he's shown that level of confidence in it or not.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Did Verge say that a Minecraft stage/AT was something he was confident about similar to Ken and Incineroar? I can't remember if he's shown that level of confidence in it or not.
He never seemed to show doubt about the Minecraft content itself, but he just said he's heard stage, Assist Trophy, and Steve, but wasn't sure what exactly.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
He seemed pretty confident about a stage but not very confident on Steve being in.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
He never seemed to show doubt about the Minecraft content itself, but he just said he's heard stage, Assist Trophy, and Steve.
He never outright said Steve. Though some of his sources have told him He was in the game. None of his major sources have yet though. So...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
ah, I just checked, he said he's heard stage and/or an AT and "possibly" a character.

all three includes his main Smash sources.

edit: fixed it to be more accurate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom