• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I supported masked man in brawl but that was 12 years ago

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
The scary thing about the Ken leak for people like us who keep up with and scrutinize such stuff? It's teaching fake leak creators exactly what they need to do in order to fool us in the future.
Why is that a bad thing? Well made fake leaks are fun and bring cool discussion

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The scary thing about the Ken leak for people like us who keep up with and scrutinize such stuff? It's teaching fake leak creators exactly what they need to do in order to fool us in the future.

"I'll carefully observe one of the new stages' quirks, study what the screen looks like in debug mode, make note of how many polygons are being used in the new game's character models, and use outdated character portraits from the game's initial reveal. With this I will be able to create the most convincing fake leak ever!" - Fake leaker when next game is a few months out from release

While you're right to some extent, this place and other places have been debunking fake leaks for years, and people who try to make said fake leaks still find ways to mess up, both in big and small ways. Very rarely has there been a leak that people universally agreed upon as real, only for it to be revealed as fake later on.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
While you're right to some extent, this place and other places have been debunking fake leaks for years, and people who try to make said fake leaks still find ways to mess up, both in big and small ways. Very rarely has there been a leak that people universally agreed upon as real, only for it to be revealed as fake later on.
Pretty much the only two off memory I can think of is the Palutena leak, and this one.

Being 'deemed' real I mean, jury's still out of the Ken leak is legit or not, though I'd wager a yes.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Masked Man/Claus would be a pretty cool addition actually.

He has PSI, a Sword that emits electricity and have wings for flight.

His normals can be sword based while his aerials can be PSI except bair in which he will flap his wings back like Corrin.

To make things more interest, when the smash attack is fully charged, it can emit lighting to stun characters.

His final smash would be PK Love.

I love Mother 3 and Masked Man would be a dream. But then again it will be unlikely.

Also, his design looks awesome. He look so bad*** and cute that I want to hug him..
View attachment 166349
And he has a gun arm!

Normals can easily be based on gun arm/sword, Wings & Gun arm for Aerials and his special can all be PSI based.

He has so much potential. I always liked him because he's a great mix of a bunch of characters we already have (Sword users, gun users, winged fighters and magic/psychic fighters) and being a mixture would make him unique instead of repetitive.

Sigh, but any leak that mentions him right now isn't credible right?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

"I'll carefully observe one of the new stages' quirks, study what the screen looks like in debug mode, make note of how many polygons are being used in the new game's character models, and use outdated character portraits from the game's initial reveal. With this I will be able to create the most convincing fake leak ever!" - Fake leaker when next game is a few months out from release
I'm actually glad for that, as it shuts out so many fake leaks now.
And that's the thing though, if you want to create a believable fake leak, you have to keep it in line with everything else in the game.
That means renders, in game models, lighting, and even the basic line of character design that goes into every fighter.
Otherwise, you're going to get smoked out eventually.

I've been saying this about the majority of the speculative cycle, and it just happens that no one, except the Ken leak potentially, has had the patience or done the research and work to pull it off.

Thankfully, assuming the Ken leak is real, no one has the patience or attentiveness to do that so far and we're likely not going to see it.
And if we do, then I have to give extreme props to the person who could pull it off.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The fact that easily the best fake we've ever seen, Artsy Omni's Rayman, was still found to have a few minor inconsistencies that pointed people to believe something was up (the flawed background crawl), but nothing can conclusively be decided as wrong about the Ken leak shows the massive extent of effort that a wannabe leaker would have to exert to even come close to fooling this community as a whole.

I'm extremely doubtful a somewhat convincing fake would last longer than 12 hours at most. We don't have to worry about good fake leaks.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I do think that some form of this "rumor" could be a reality in the future. Same with many other rumors posted on the internet

Nearly all of them are in fact highly requested characters from the fan base (though how they faired on the ballot idk).
Basically any staple "leak" is going to mention any of these characters:

SMRPG- Geno
Other SE Reps- Sora, Chrono, Erdrick, etc(there's a lot)
Golden Sun- Isaac (Felix)
B+K- Banjo
Mother- Porky/Claus
KI- Hades (Medusa)
Xenoblade- Reyn/Elma/Rex+Pyra (Malos)
Rhythm Heaven- K. Joe/Chorus Kids/etc
Rayman- Rayman
Pokemon- Incineroar
Yoshi- Kamek/Baby Bowser
Zelda- Skull Kid/(Hilda)/(Impa)
SF- Ken
Sonic- Shadow/Tails/Eggman
F Zero- (Black Shadow)
FE- Hector/Eraphim/Celica/Edelgard/(Black Knight)
DK- Dixie/Funky
Capcom Reps- Dante/Monster Hunter/Phoenix W.
Bamco Reps- Heihachi/Lloyd/Nightmare/Yoshimitsu
Kirby- Bandana Dee/Magalor
Activision Reps- Crash/Spyro
ARMS- Spring Man/Ribbon Girl

Ultimate, by the end of DLC, WILL have a combination of these characters in some form of another. Unless Sakurai plans on only adding extreme left field characters or surprises (which are wholeheartedly welcome), the above are mainly what people know or possibly expect imo.
EDIT: Actually, I just realized how stupid my response was and how it can make others feel down for their most wanted character choice, something I'd never want to do these days. Apologies!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

List of characters added according to this before Paper Mario...

-Banjo
-Porky/Claus
-Hades
-Reyn
-Kamek and Baby Bowser
-Eggman
-Any unique Fire Emblem rep
-Yoshimitsu
-Magalor

Why, God
Look buddy, I love you and all but you gotta chill with the whole "I can't believe character(s) X is/are getting in before Paper Mario!" thing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Look buddy, I love you and all but you gotta chill with the whole "I can't believe character(s) X is/are getting in before Paper Mario!" thing.
Have I not? Thought I'd mostly cut out my Paper Mario-posting for the past weeks. I try not to really mention him now. My bad.
EDIT: Edited the post up there because I realized how stupid I was to post something like that, but I'd like for to stay up to show that I made a mistake in the first place to show others how saying stuff like I just did can make people feel down. Thanks for understanding fellas.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
EDIT: Actually, I just realized how stupid my response was and how it can make others feel down for their most wanted character choice, something I'd never want to do these days. Apologies!
Lol I'll actually edit the post to include Paper Mario because I know he actually is a substantial character with a good fanbase so it makes sense. Missed him on accident

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Since Masked Man have tons of potential, here are my prediction moveset for Claus/Masked Man:

• Jab: He will swing his arm cannon twice before thrusting his sword. He can rapid jab with his sword.
  • F-Tilt: He thrust his cannon forward with fire based energy coming off with him.
  • U-Tilt: He thrust his wings upwards, much like Ridley and Charizard. He will jump to gain the hitbox.
  • D-Tilt: He use his sword to poke downard. It has a possibility to trip/stun opponents.
Smash Attacks:
  • F Smash: He will thrust his eletric sword once in a similar manner to Link's. However, if he fully held his sword, he will shoot out a spark of thunder similar to Link's f smash in Ultimate. It has the ability to stun opponents.
  • U Smash: He uses his Cannon to fire multiple rays, similar to Mii Gunner's f smash but in a upward angle.
  • D Smash: Points his finger to the ground and releases PSI, like Lucas'.
Aerials:
  • Nair: Swing his cannon around like Mii Gunner's Nair.
  • Fair: Swing rapid hits with his sword, has electric based effect.
  • Bair: Flaps his wings back, like Corrin.
  • Uair: Quickly kicks in the air with PSI emitting, animation is similar to Lucas' up tilt but on the air.
  • Dair: Uses his cannons to blast energy to the ground. Has meteor effect.
Final Smash: PK Love.
He emitts multiple of hexagons/heart shaped PSI to the opponent.

I couldnt do Specials and Throws but I made a brief general moveset for Claus. Still, he has tons of potential to be have.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Since Masked Man have tons of potential, here are my prediction moveset for Claus/Masked Man:

• Jab: He will swing his arm cannon twice before thrusting his sword. He can rapid jab with his sword.
  • F-Tilt: He thrust his cannon forward with fire based energy coming off with him.
  • U-Tilt: He thrust his wings upwards, much like Ridley and Charizard. He will jump to gain the hitbox.
  • D-Tilt: He use his sword to poke downard. It has a possibility to trip/stun opponents.
Smash Attacks:
  • F Smash: He will thrust his eletric sword once in a similar manner to Link's. However, if he fully held his sword, he will shoot out a spark of thunder similar to Link's f smash in Ultimate. It has the ability to stun opponents.
  • U Smash: He uses his Cannon to fire multiple rays, similar to Mii Gunner's f smash but in a upward angle.
  • D Smash: Points his finger to the ground and releases PSI, like Lucas'.
Aerials:
  • Nair: Swing his cannon around like Mii Gunner's Nair.
  • Fair: Swing rapid hits with his sword, has electric based effect.
  • Bair: Flaps his wings back, like Corrin.
  • Uair: Quickly kicks in the air with PSI emitting, animation is similar to Lucas' up tilt but on the air.
  • Dair: Uses his cannons to blast energy to the ground. Has meteor effect.
Final Smash: PK Love.
He emitts multiple of hexagons/heart shaped PSI to the opponent.

I couldnt do Specials and Throws but I made a brief general moveset for Claus. Still, he has tons of potential to be have.
Great post but please move it over to the Ultimate Discussion Thread, I think we are getting a bit off course (I'm guilty of this) so let's refocus it on the leaks and not movesets.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Might not be the right question for this thread, but the Claus talk has me thinking: since Isabelle ended up being a semi-clone, do you think there's room for more? And how do long do you think they take to develop?

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So there was a thread on Gamefaqs mentioning a "full roster leaked by Vergeban." Vergeban either posted in or commented in the thread. However, it was deleted, and there isn't any reliable sources telling us what was posted yet, so we don't know.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So there was a thread on Gamefaqs mentioning a "full roster leaked by Vergeban." Vergeban either posted in or commented in the thread. However, it was deleted, and there isn't any reliable sources telling us what was posted yet, so we don't know.
Believe me, if Vergeben actually leaked the thing, we'd have known. I believe he likely just posted a simple refutation like "No I didn't moron" in classic Vergey style.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Much as I wish it wasn't the case, there's no way in hell TPC would let a new Smash go by without a new Pokemon rep.
Land of Morytha is a location from Xenoblade 2 which was largely developed after the project plan and likely would have been put below X in terms of priority, though it sounds like a great stage idea. We also already have two Sonic stages and even if Shadow/Tails/whomever gets added I doubt it'll go beyond that.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it had James Bond and John Madden in the list. Blatant trolling that was too much even for the mods (though one of them who's been hanging around there isn't very chill-- they temporarily suspended someone for replying "reported for off-topic" to one of their posts).

Danpal65

Smash Lord
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it had James Bond and John Madden in the list. Blatant trolling that was too much even for the mods (though one of them who's been hanging around there isn't very chill-- they temporarily suspended someone for replying "reported for off-topic" to one of their posts).
Supposedly this was the roster in the thread:
image0.png-2.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Medusa and Banjo.

PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE! PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE! PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE! PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!

*Begins to hyperventilate*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom