• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Found this "leak" also. Says Dr. Wario is an echo fighter.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432755242
"Dr. Wario"

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME. I don't care if it was just a random Wario Ware thing: GIMME!

I have a feeling the next few weeks of this thread are probably just gonna be talking about Steve and laughing at fake leaks, lol.

While I know characters are a big deal to people, I'm curious if whatever Spirits is leaks. I'm also curious if it's actually called that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 166379

Have y'all discussed the instagram "Verg" leak

It's fake, imo but I havent looked into it

(Its not saying this is a shot of the game, but rather the characters)
I don't Banjo is gonna be in base. I'd replace Him with Someone else like Isaac Or a RH rep (#NotBiased), Or just remove that slot entirely (I'm only expecting 4 Uniques), Then it would seem more likely to me... Also, I'd swap Geno and Steve's placements...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also

-Digimon gets a boss. How the actual **** would that happen?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Where are people on Instagram hearing that Vergeben leaked the entire roster? They say it was on GameFAQs and was deleted after words, but whenever I get sent screenshots of the actual thing, it's just a fake text leak I've seen before that I know for a matter of fact isn't Verge.

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
Where are people on Instagram hearing that Vergeben leaked the entire roster? They say it was on GameFAQs and was deleted after words, but whenever I get sent screenshots of the actual thing, it's just a fake text leak I've seen before that I know for a matter of fact isn't Verge.
I saw it and i was told it was leaked and i was trying to find the source and i just figured it was someone who pretended to be verge

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
View attachment 166379

Have y'all discussed the instagram "Verg" leak

It's fake, imo but I havent looked into it

(Its not saying this is a shot of the game, but rather the characters)
That’s actually the final roster?!

Not actually believing it, as I was kinda sarcastic above, but I elwould actually be fine with this roster if it were true. I wonder what makes this guy think this will be the final roster, anyways?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It was just one or two popular pages posting that already debunked 4chan “leak.”

Of course, it began to spread, and other pages reposted that exact screenshot (which btw is a Google screenshot from days ago since it says “1 day ago” even though this happened more like 4 days ago) without checking the source.

It’s just rampant misinformation.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
>Rhythm Duo

Will be saying this as a big Rhythm Heaven fan.

Literally who?

Remix 10 stage is also insanely vague as there's like 4 of those and it doesn't specify whether its from Tengoku, DS, Fever, or Megamix.
Wait... Rhythm Duo... Didn't Notice That Part of the Leak...
If I'm to guess, It's a Combination of either
and
Or
and
, or Possibly
and

At least that's my Guess
Also, I'm assuming the Remix 10 is gonna be the One from Megamix...
I don't Care this leak is fake, I just want to Speculate

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Might not be the right question for this thread, but the Claus talk has me thinking: since Isabelle ended up being a semi-clone, do you think there's room for more? And how do long do you think they take to develop?
According to Sakurai, Wolf, a character based off of Fox with a few cloned aspects but distinct enough that even a semi-clone label isn't quite accurate, took about 70% of the effort of a typical newcomer to create in Brawl. With that, I would estimate somewhere around 50% of the effort for a semi-clone, though of course it would vary significantly and depend heavily on how distinct the character is and other complexities.

One Smash Direct? I just mean in general. Every unique character reveal trailer was shown at the end of a Direct or at the start of one. And yes. E3 was considered a Direct. I have yet to see a character reveal trailer shown in the middle of something.

I could be wrong. But nothing suggest that is the case. Even the March 2018 Nintendo Direct saved the Inkling teaser trailer for the very end.

So I have 4 examples for how Sakurai reveals his unique newcomers. Plus the Famitsu article suggesting he is trying to hype up character reveals as much as possible. Plus my understanding that best way to sell something is to open with something exciting and then end with a bang.
So you're still basing it all on 2 Smash Directs, again that's an awfully small sample size to adamantly argue against the potential prospect of a newcomer trailer being revealed in the middle of one.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Here’s something to think about regarding the Ken image leak. I just watched Gamexplain’s newest weekly blog video, and at the end they discuss this image. They talk about how even though it’s in debug mode, the fact that every character is taunting possibly means that more than one person may have been needed to make this image possible.

I don’t know if anyone has brought this up yet, probably so, but what if Sakurai and Nintendo gave the go ahead to have the image “leaked” in direct response to Vergeben’s leaks? Then everyone who ever believed in “the box theory” would think it’s set in stone, putting the ball back in Sakurai’s court to surprise us with Isaac or Shadow or Elma or Bandana Dee?

I believe we’re getting Inceneroar and another Square character (I like Geno), but I also believe Sakurai has more tricks up his sleeve. And no, I don’t think that means Steve.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Want to give you some Verge quotes to determine if the leaks were announced by Verge or an imposter:

But since you're all here. Here is a primer:
On GameFAQs my account is Vergeben
On reddit my account is DasVergeben
On 8WayRun my account is Vergeben
On eventhubs my account is Vergeben
I have only ever used the eventhubs account to post once, but that was really me who did.

If you see me posting anywhere else or under any other names IT IS NOT ME.
This is noted to be sure that if there are other sites like 4chan that claimed to be Verge...if they are not listed to what Verge stated then it is an imposter.

Shroob

Sup?
Here’s something to think about regarding the Ken image leak. I just watched Gamexplain’s newest weekly blog video, and at the end they discuss this image. They talk about how even though it’s in debug mode, the fact that every character is taunting possibly means that more than one person may have been needed to make this image possible.

I don’t know if anyone has brought this up yet, probably so, but what if Sakurai and Nintendo gave the go ahead to have the image “leaked” in direct response to Vergeben’s leaks? Then everyone who ever believed in “the box theory” would think it’s set in stone, putting the ball back in Sakurai’s court to surprise us with Isaac or Shadow or Elma or Bandana Dee?

I believe we’re getting Inceneroar and another Square character (I like Geno), but I also believe Sakurai has more tricks up his sleeve. And no, I don’t think that means Steve.
No offense mate, but that's tinfoil hat.

Like, the reason they're all taunting is probably due to the debug mode, nothing else.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Found this "leak" also. Says Dr. Wario is an echo fighter.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432755242
I get what they're going for with Dr. Wario, but even Pichu made sense. I don't think there have really been any joke characters in smash. At most just wtf characters. Even Dr. Luigi would be more believable. There's a fine line between out there but possible and just not going to happen

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Besides debug mode, you definitely don't need another person to just hit a button on some controllers, I've manipulated multiple characters many times myself before for video clips and snapshots, and have even done up to 8 characters alone.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
>Octolings (Splatoon two)

They were in the first one though?
They weren't playable till the second game. So it's "technically" a correct way to say it.

It's obviously fake due to the Paper Mario echo(besides how they described Bandanna Waddle Dee).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom