• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Keeping expectations very low but god how much I really want that to be the actual base roster. It's totally perfect.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, the roster leak is untrue. Why am I not surprised? I wonder why people pose as Verge, though to make false leaks like this one?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So according to the 4chan leaker....Verg confirmed that...

Newcomers:
  • Incineroar
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • Geno
  • Elma
  • Steve
Echo:
  • Ken
  • Shadow
  • Dixie
  • Medusa
So these characters??

Banjo and Steve both in Smash in which were both owned Microsoft is a bit of a stretch imo.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Wasn't the James Bond leak and the full roster leak separate? I thought the full roster leak wasn't posted on 4chan.
*edit: originally, at least

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the James Bond leak and the full roster leak separate? I thought the full roster leak wasn't posted on 4chan.
*edit: originally, at least
James Bond was such a pull. Ridiculous, but the person who came up with it may be well-versed in smash history.

pika.thunder25

Smash Rookie
Not to bring up something that was discussed a while ago, but in response to all of the Sora rumors, I feel like we're forgetting one possible hint:

In the Toy Story level of KH3, someone discovered that in a list labeled video games, PERFECT SMASH was listed with a checkmark next to it. This probably means nothing, but even back then, it was enough for me to give Sora a not 0%, and as a huge KH fan, that is super exciting!! Cloud was my most wanted character since Brawl (and truthfully, I'm still in awe that he's actually in Smash), and having Sora would be a dream drop distance come true!

But as it is and as I've said on other forum topics, I am 10000% content with everything in Ultimate, and no matter what happens, I am going to love this game!

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Not to bring up something that was discussed a while ago, but in response to all of the Sora rumors, I feel like we're forgetting one possible hint:

In the Toy Story level of KH3, someone discovered that in a list labeled video games, PERFECT SMASH was listed with a checkmark next to it. This probably means nothing, but even back then, it was enough for me to give Sora a not 0%, and as a huge KH fan, that is super exciting!! Cloud was my most wanted character since Brawl (and truthfully, I'm still in awe that he's actually in Smash), and having Sora would be a dream drop distance come true!

But as it is and as I've said on other forum topics, I am 10000% content with everything in Ultimate, and no matter what happens, I am going to love this game!
Oh...this is gonna be interesting..

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So assuming that leak is indeed real guys. How satisfied would you guys be with it?

Me I'd be very getting both Banjo and Medusa. Only drawback would be no Black Shadow but I could live with it.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
So assuming that leak is indeed real guys. How satisfied would you guys be with it?

Me I'd be very getting both Banjo and Medusa. Only drawback would be no Black Shadow but I could live with it.
I'd be getting Incineroar, so I can't really complain. Banjo and Elma would be neat.

I'd certainly welcome Dixie and Medusa.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
So according to the 4chan leaker....Verg confirmed that...

Newcomers:
  • Incineroar
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • Geno
  • Elma
  • Steve
Echo:
  • Ken
  • Shadow
  • Dixie
  • Medusa
So these characters??

Banjo and Steve both in Smash in which were both owned Microsoft is a bit of a stretch imo.
This would be the perfect roster for me. My top 5 for Ultimate were Simon, K. Rool, Dixie, Geno, and Banko, so I would be beyond hype. Plus Medusa would be icing on the cake.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Any leak that has Elma is a good leak for me.

Not that I believed it, but anything to get people on her side!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything that Segata guy just sounds terrified of the Prima leak, though on the other hand I question how he expects anyone to believe him with said character in tow.
Or maybe they're just smart enough to know the Prima leak is a load of ****. -_-

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The fact that this still has to be said even know makes me feel bad for Vergeben who probably has to regurgitate the same statement even more than any of us here do.
Bouncing off this,

Can we make a collective rule to not post any Vergeben leaks that don't originate from his GameFaqs or Reddit accounts?

I get that fake leaks are part of the thread and they're pretty funny. But there's a line to be drawn even between "my uncle works at Nintendo" and "Hi all, Vergeben here" because we have verifiable confirmation that the source is not who they say they are.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Vergeben said several times he doesn't post on 4chan
plus we already had several forged leaks there of fake PMs too which loz18 and verge already discredited, so don't take everything they ****post on /v/ as gospel.
it wasn't until Ultimate's reveal to verify one rumor. which was already passed around by multiple people too even Vergeben leaking at the last minute that Super Mario Party had a online feature and Smash Switch's name, Ultimate

also if you see a guy crying about "Toby", don't buy anything he's LARPing about.
1537764023371.png

no Isabelle and Richter, implying Chrom is unique, Funky Kong being priority, and "don't expect anyone else on the base roster" garbo
in theory, he's probably even the guy he's crying about (i.e. sockpuppeting)

also he's spamming a crop of Dante on Spear Pillar, which looks painted on, and was behind that 9/11 rumor. Again, don't pay attention to this guy

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
This one doesn't look terrible about the character choices, but... Product manager? Puh-lease.
Who is as Product Manager from?
Good to know!

No Way!! Now that’s very interesting to see if we really get Sora.. :)

Oops double posted... Can a mod have this post into the one above? I can’t seem to delete this to fix the problem.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
also i learn the jeuxvideo leak is all fake
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432571184
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432571184
if you read the thread, the guy from the discord said it was all planned up.
you even see them screaming "traitor" in the screen shot, doing massive damage control, and blew up their discord to get rid of evidence

even regardless of that, this guy had a good point on why it was fake.
1537764619974.png

im relieved because that means Porky still have a bit of a chance to debut in favor of Ridley being the first Smash boss finally made playable

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No Way!! Now that’s very interesting to see if we really get Sora.. :)

Oops double posted... Can a mod have this post into the one above? I can’t seem to delete this to fix the problem.
Next time just edit your original post. You've shown that you can do it.

Anyways, I had Toby leaker pegged as a nark from the beginning. Dude had some credibility, but never as much as any others.

I also agree that we shouldn't post Vergbeen (fake Vergeben) "leaks" either. Vergeben has real credibility, and attempts to ride off of that shouldn't be rewarded with discussion.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Next time just edit your original post. You've shown that you can do it.

Anyways, I had Toby leaker pegged as a nark from the beginning. Dude had some credibility, but never as much as any others.

I also agree that we shouldn't post Vergbeen (fake Vergeben) "leaks" either. Vergeben has real credibility, and attempts to ride off of that shouldn't be rewarded with discussion.
Indeed, I’ll be sure to be watching carefully this time... For a moment I thought I had a bit time till post again but I guess waiting more then 5mins would be better.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
also i learn the jeuxvideo leak is all fake
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432571184
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432571184
if you read the thread, the guy from the discord said it was all planned up.
you even see them screaming "traitor" in the screen shot, doing massive damage control, and blew up their discord to get rid of evidence

even regardless of that, this guy had a good point on why it was fake.
View attachment 166400
im relieved because that means Porky still have a bit of a chance to debut in favor of Ridley being the first Smash boss finally made playable
Since he didn't provide pictures of the discord, here they are:

Nice find on your part. It was never out of the realm of possibility for one or multiple people to be in on this. Good to know that we can finally bury this one.
Indeed, I’ll be sure to be watching carefully this time... For a moment I thought I had a bit time till post again but I guess waiting more then 5mins would be better.
Next time just edit your original post. If you believe the point is important enough to have it's own post you can just edit it out and post it when other people have posted.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, why is nobody speculating about the 5 remaining stages Corocoro dropped?

Do people actually think that was a typo? But everyone takes Vergeben’s word as gospel? We believe some anonymous German guy with “insider info” and discuss him incessantly but not a Japanese publication with proven professional ties to Nintendo? The amount of editing passes that magazine has to go through before revealing something like 108 stages tells me it can’t possibly be a typo. So based on that I still think we have some unrevealed franchises, because otherwise why hide the stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom