• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
:ultroy: His design is really cool.
:ultchrom: Without him Lucina wouldn't exist.
:ultinkling: Great music.
Dixie was never mentioned by Vergeben at any point whatsover. It's more a point of speculation on my part.
Huh, I could have sworn someone said that but whatever, I'm still not giving up hope till the end.

Edit: Apparently he never found out about anything regarding Echoes aside for Ken so my 2 theories are still are possibility until proven wrong.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The E3 direct only had 2 characters announced, it isn't out of the ordinary. The August 8th direct really spoiled us.
E3 also revealed every single veteran coming back, including all the returning cut veterans, so while it was light in newcomers, it was still a huge roster drop.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd honestly really like to hear all of Verge has been hearing up to this point. I know that's impossible, given how if he says anything he risks it getting leaked like what happened with loz18 and then being misunderstood and gaining the ire of the entire Smash community, but I'd love to know what each of his and Senjou's sources are saying.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
You all have to consider that unique newcomers all get a reveal trailer. Reveal trailers always have a hype build-up to them which mean they are shown at the start of a Direct or at the end of one. They are never just casually thrown in somewhere. Which means that the last Smash Direct will have two unique newcomers at the most. There can't be three because where would you put the third character trailer? Echoes don't have cinematic trailers so they can reveal them however they like.

Because of this I wonder if we are really getting two SE reps. We pretty much know we are getting one and we know we are getting Incineroar. That's two.

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Thing is Verge went on to state he heard of the SE rep through a source who also leaked Simon/Isabelle and "doesn't have a habit of being wrong".
it's hard to tell based on how everything's worded but i don't believe he ever heard what SE character specifically from his main source, just from the rando

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You all have to consider that unique newcomers all get a reveal trailer. Reveal trailers always have a hype build-up to them which mean they are shown at the start of a Direct or at the end of one. They are never just casually thrown in somewhere. Which means that the last Smash Direct will have two unique newcomers at the most. There can't be three because where would you put the third character trailer? Echoes don't have cinematic trailers so they can reveal them however they like.
Bold assumptions. It's a damn Smash Direct; the hype comes from the fact that we're watching it. They could simply reveal a new stage then go "we also have a new character to go along this stage"...midway through the Direct, show them off, then refocus on other stuff.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
it's hard to tell based on how everything's worded but i don't believe he ever heard what SE character specifically from his main source, just from the rando
Oh no. The first claim of the SE character is definitely his main source.
HOWEVER, a random source approached him, confirmed multiple things he knew and said a name for the SE-rep.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Thing is Verge went on to state he heard of the SE rep through a source who also leaked Simon/Isabelle and "doesn't have a habit of being wrong".
The SE character's existence comes from his "most refutable source" (who also told him about that Castlevania compilation starring SotN that recently turned out to be real, so I think the SE character being real is a lock even if the other Smash sources haven't heard it yet). However the identity of the SE character is from the "random guy" he didn't know prior, people have to separate the two.

It's pretty much a repeat of the Incineroar situation, where his Smash sources know a gen 7 pokemon newcomer exists, but only one guy claimed to know the actual identity of the pokemon until recently.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No, he specifically stated he heard of the SE rep from a reputable source.

The SE character's existence comes from his "most refutable source" (who also told him about that Castlevania compilation starting SotN that recently turned out to be real, so I think the SE character being real is a lock). However the identity of the SE character is from the "random guy" he didn't know prior, people have to separate the two.

It's pretty much a repeat of the Incineroar situation, where his Smash sources know a gen 7 pokemon newcomer exists, but only one guy claimed to know the actual identity of the pokemon until recently.
Okay, this is more understandable. Thanks.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
For me, I think it referenced Geno.

Geno reference is pretty clear here as it's eyes, mouth, and hat looks similar to Geno himself. Not to mention that heartless symbol on its hat looks similar to the heart-esque shape symbol on Geno's hat.

Also a bonus, Geno is a doll and that heartless is also a doll too.

Last edited:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Oh no. The first claim of the SE character is definitely his main source.
HOWEVER, a random source approached him, confirmed multiple things he knew and said a name for the SE-rep.
No, he specifically stated he heard of the SE rep from a reputable source.

Okay, this is more understandable. Thanks.
he said he got a name from his main source? i know he heard about the existence of the character but i thought he'd only gotten a name from the one random source

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
he said he got a name from his main source? i know he heard about the existence of the character but i thought he'd only gotten a name from the one random source
No, the main source just said there a SE-rep
but one random source said the name of the SE rep
he just wait for cross confirmation

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
No, his main source said that the Square Enix character exists. Just like his main source(s) said a Gen 7 Pokémon exists.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Bold assumptions. It's a damn Smash Direct; the hype comes from the fact that we're watching it. They could simply reveal a new stage then go "we also have a new character to go along this stage"...midway through the Direct, show them off, then refocus on other stuff.
That's not bold at all. In an interview Sakurai said he thinks a lot about how to appropriately reveal newcomers and the types of trailers to make and when to show them. He's not going to casually throw one in. Pay attention to every single character reveal trailer so far and tell me I'm wrong. The big stomping of K. Rool before Sakurai bids us farewell. The quiet creepy build up at the start of the Direct for Simon. The "Oh! One more thing!" at the end of E3 for Ridley.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, if you want to see that Geno reference in Kingdom Hearts 3, here is a video to show you.

It is around 14:10 mins.
-Heartless are formed when darkness takes over a body.

Usually someone abandoned for a long time gives into the darkness and slowly becomes heartless.

-Geno has been left behind for years, forgotten by Square.

L O R E

Geno has become one with darkness now.

This is conspiracy theory levels but what if the theory is right and we get both Sora and Geno in a trailer.

Geno having a cameo is actually really supicous if you ask me considering square has done nothing with him. Not to mention this footage comes right as the leaks stating two square characters appear.

What if the double reveal trailer is right and we see this same heartless, but Sora revives Geno in the trailer and brings him back to the light?

Probably not happening but that concludes my leak conspiracy corner

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
No, his main source said that the Square Enix character exists. Just like his main source(s) said a Gen 7 Pokémon exists.
No, the main source just said there a SE-rep
but one random source said the name of the SE rep
he just wait for cross confirmation
alright, just making sure we're clear. that's what i was trying to say, and i should've worded my post more clearly

Mewtader

Smash Cadet
A floaty seems too vague to call it Master Hand. There are many characters that have floating hand(s) like Master Hand.
To me it's most definitely Master hand from Smash. Why would they even show this. Especially when we already have a "perfect smash" easter egg that they know we know of.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's not bold at all. In an interview Sakurai said he thinks a lot about how to appropriately reveal newcomers and the types of trailers to make and when to show them. He's not going to casually throw one in. Pay attention to every single character reveal trailer so far and tell me I'm wrong. The big stomping of K. Rool before Sakurai bids us farewell. The quiet creepy build up at the start of the Direct for Simon. The "Oh! One more thing!" at the end of E3 for Ridley.
I am not trying to disagree. I understand he knows how to time and build hype for trailers. But I do think he'd be willing to throw one in the middle as an even bigger surprise.

Guess we'll have to find out.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really hope that leak I posted is true though as unlikely as it is. It has my three most current wants Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow and Medusa.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I am not trying to disagree. I understand he knows how to time and build hype for trailers. But I do think he'd be willing to throw one in the middle as an even bigger surprise.

Guess we'll have to find out.
It would just throw the pacing of the Direct off and look incredibly sloppy. But anything is possible I guess. But it's highly unlikely. I have no reason to assume he will change this pattern. But if it happens, it happens.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The Heartless design in Toy Story world is likely a homage to Geno. It's too on-the-nose to not be.

Also, I know I say I want Sora in the base roster, but I would love for him to use his Kingdom Hearts 3 design and have a moveset based off of the Command Gauge and Keyblade Transformations, which he'd have to be DLC to properly incorporate imo. There's so much potential for a fun character there.

That's what I like about Sora. Regardless of which one Sakurai and his team decide to use he'll likely be super fun to play as.

I'd imagine a dual trailer for Sora and Geno would start with Yoshi going flying towards the screen, as the camera shifts perspective to see him flying past Mario, who's hunched over and shows damage from a long battle. Camera pans to in front of Mario where we see a shadow point their arm at Mario and charge up an attack: the glow of the projectile reveals it's a possessed, shadowy Geno ("Geno(?) shoots for the stars!). He launches it as Mario, who braces for impact, only for someone to jump in front of Mario and slice it in half. He turns around and offers a hand to Mario, "Can you stand?" He pulls Mario up and turns back around to face Geno, "Let's do this. Together!" (Sora lights the way!). Commence Gameplay. Geno fights good guys and Sora fights bad guys. Trailer ends with Mario getting a good hit on Geno, sending him to the ground. Sora shoots a Keyblade beam at him and purifies him. Geno gets back up and vigorously apologizes to Mario and Sora.

A Sora solo trailer is easy. Take this:
And make it about Smash Bros. Simple and Clean.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
And it's impossible to "build up" to a newcomer reveal trailer in the middle how? Both the E3 2015 Smash 4 DLC Direct and final Smash 4 DLC Direct revealed Ryu and Bayonetta respectively in the middle of them, with a thorough segment explaining them afterward.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Annnnnd yet again another so called "leak".

Man these just won't stop will they? :laugh:
I dont want to be harsh but there are several guys who basically copy paste a written rumour on x forum and makes a vid about it. Some of them are legit happy, have an opinion, want to create discussion, etc (like papagenos). But several others are just clickbaiting the huge numbers that "OMG SMASH ULTIMATE WHOLE ROSTER LEAKED!!!????" Literally, you can just put your voice, get a written generic leak and get several thousand of views.

Again, im not bashing against anyone but if we really want to get a healthy and solid discussion about leaks, we as a community should filter, not pay attention, ignore, etc those kind of clickbait ish leaks without any proof.

That's just my opinion.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think there are a few possible ways to reveal several characters at in this timespan.

Let's just assume our roster is the largest known possible roster, ken, shadow, geno, sora, inceneroar and steve are all waiting to be revealed by nintendo.

Ken and Shadow: Reveal them inside a direct similar to how chrom and dark samus were with minor fanfare

Inceneroar: Reveal at a potential pokemon related event we don't know about, or as an opener to the final smash direct

Steve: Possibly be revealed at minecon, I'm not sure if minecon or nintendo would want to reveal steve there, but it's a pretty big minecraft related bombshell to drop right in the middle of smash hype season and probably the best known way a robin style surprise announcement will be seen.

Geno and Sora: Either bookends of a smash direct, or revealed together in a square enix double dose trailer that certainly would deliver the hype nessesary for a send off of the reveal season. Or perhaps, one gets a trailer, the other gets a DLC announcement a la mewtwo.

There are many variables, such as if any character gets a surprise robin style solo trailer reveal, or if Jon's "prediction" is correct and shadow is not an echo fighter, then he would possibly need a trailer too, which makes things a lot harder.

Overall, this is not a post saying they will all be in, this is just a guess as to how every known character that's been "leaked" with some degree of credibility to them could be shown in the space of 2-3 months.

Is there a reason Shadow is on here besides him just looking really likely?

I know all the other ones (ken/incineroar/steve/geno/sora) have solid leakers behind them but has anything come out recently in favor of Shadow?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The Heartless design in Toy Story world is likely a homage to Geno. It's too on-the-nose to not be.

Also, I know I say I want Sora in the base roster, but I would love for him to use his Kingdom Hearts 3 design and have a moveset based off of the Command Gauge and Keyblade Transformations, which he'd have to be DLC to properly incorporate imo. There's so much potential for a fun character there.

That's what I like about Sora. Regardless of which one Sakurai and his team decide to use he'll likely be super fun to play as.

Either give him a "Smash" design which is a mix of all design over the years.
Or we will get the KH I Sora with Colors of all Fusion form and maybe a DDD alt.

But yeah, in term of Gameplay, Sora is probably one of the characters with near unlimited possibilities

Noipoi

Howdy!
Or we will get the KH I Sora with Colors of all Fusion form and maybe a DDD alt.

But yeah, in term of Gameplay, Sora is probably one of the characters with near unlimited possibilities
Could you tell me what Sora's powers are? I wanna know what you mean by unlimited possibilities.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Genuinely don't see how that's a Geno reference. Its a puppet.
Geno is a puppet. And that puppets design in kh3 has the exact same face and hat design as well as being made out of wood. Which considering they are in a futuristic toy store, it seems pretty likely to be a reference

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

>KH I Sora
>Heh

We'd likely get KH2 Sora, as that's his most well known design. KH3 Sora if we want to advertise KH3.

I know all the other ones (ken/incineroar/steve/geno/sora) have solid leakers behind them but has anything come out recently in favor of Shadow?
Shadow has the backing of Jon from GameXplain, who's likely passing off real insider information as "predictions," and has predicted Shadow multiple times, both as an echo and most recently a semi-clone.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Jon from GameXplain recently predicted a semi-cloned Shadow, though whether it's a leak disguised as a prediction like his Nintendo Direct stuff and other prior such leaks or just a legitimate prediction is unknown at this time, and we probably won't find out until it happens or not unless a verified leaker comes out backing it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Could you tell me what Sora's powers are? I wanna know what you mean by unlimited possibilities.
Sora wields the Keyblade, but if I was to put him in a class in an RPG, he would be a swordmage?
He use the Keyblade like a sword to performs basic combo, acrobatics combo, special action and skills, but also as a way to channel Magic and use physical attack in combination with magic
He have a tons of kind of Magic, most of them comming from FF game, like Stop, Thunder, Fire, Blizzard, Heal, or Mirror and stuff.
He can glide.

Basically, there a very low percentage that Sora becomes "another anime swordman" heck, that would be an horrible representation in so many degree-

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sora has a lot of powers. I likely can't cover them all, but here are some.
  • Magic, including
    • Fire
    • Ice
    • Thunder/Electricity
    • Wind
    • Gravity
    • Time
    • Magnetism
    • Barriers (named Reflect)
    • Healing Magic
  • A variety of acrobatics, including Flow Motion, which is kinda ridiculous
  • Oh yeah he can also teleport
  • The ability to Glide and Air Dash
  • A variety of physical attacks, including most of these
  • Drive Forms, which completely switch up his physical and magic movesets and (some of which) allow him to dual wield
    • Derivative of this are Keyblade Transformations, which provide this effect as well
      • Sora can also switch Keyblades on the fly, allowing for multiple transformations to be used within one battle
  • Shotlocks, which are essentially targeted Final Smash attacks
  • Attraction Flow, which allows him to attack you with Disney Rides
  • Limits, which are also a type of targeted Final Smash (most of which involve Disney characters, but some of which involve either him alone or with another KH character, so it's possible for them to happen in Smash)
  • He can also hit the sickest dab of all time.
Here's a writeup of his abilities in general. It's crazy how much moveset potential Sora has.
If Jon's throwing out his Shadow predictions now, makes me wonder if he's heard something is coming soon.
Potentially. He could also be giving misinformation though, so I wouldn't be as sure of Shadow as I would be of the other Big 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom