• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, you'd think with several plumbers on the roster we wouldn't have any leaks.
So what's new? Any spicy images?

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I need Stanley guy to post something.

God, like I at least need a new avatar of a ****ty stanley render or anything, even tho this is fake this guy has 200IQ choices and should be hired by sakurai to decide the next game's roster.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pretty much.

We're kinda sitting on our hands until the next leak happens, which could be never.
Isn’t it currently 3:26pm in Germany or am I misremembering where this dude is

I wouldn’t get your hopes up either way tho

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For anyone that are curious about stanley leaker and video at 12pm est tomorrow:

Naturally, I don't believe this leak because same leaker also promised us "video" today but for no reason, he decides to delay it? So, I'll be watching for any thing about this in /v/ catalog tomorrow at 12 pm EST to see if he's full of bull**** or not.
Oh pleeease.

Beside the blog theory alone deconfirms that

Based on character average and how many days left there 3-t characters too many (if correct)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't see how people can even take seriously any leaks with like 10 Characters for two months.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh pleeease.

Beside the blog theory alone deconfirms that

Based on character average and how many days left there 3-t characters too many (if correct)
Didn't Pic of the Days keep coming for a bit even after Smash 4 was out?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yeah but smash4 didnt reveal all the characters before launch. sakurai says hes going to do that this time.
What about it?
Are you saying that they have to be on the blog before the game comes out, too?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes. EVERY main newcomers get it's blog post in the following day alongside the music.
Again, what about it? The last direct might as well be a little but under a month before the game's release at the longest.
How many days and/or weeks did it take to get all of the 5 reveals for August's direct? If it's less than a month then it's definitely doable.

FrankPlanet

Smash Rookie
Remember one thing. If Steve from Minecraft is in smash that means Minecraft Kirby will be an official copy ability

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t see why not?
They isnt the newcomers. It included veterans. Is it the ill of Sakurai's law to not talk about every character [aka Veterans since Newcomers get an immediate reveal], even if it's post-release?

Bernlord

Smash Rookie
Remember one thing. If Steve from Minecraft is in smash that means Minecraft Kirby will be an official copy ability

Mod edit: please try to contribute to the conversation instead of posting only images, videos, links, etc. ~ Venus

Last edited by a moderator:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
The only way I can actually see that 4chan leak being legitimate is based on Ken's render.

If it looks just like the one from the picture leak with better quality/visibility, I'd say it's legit.

Likelihood? 0.01% chance.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Trying to get more talk about Ivysaur.

Most seem to be saying its just an early version of one of his taunts, but I'm not really buying it honestly

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I don't even want Steve, but this kind of reeks of personal bias.

Especially when you mention the "generation defining" aspect of it, because Minecraft more or less 'was' a generation for a younger audience. Just because you didn't grow up with it doesn't mean it didn't define a generation of kids growing up.

And to add to that, Minecraft's done something for Nintendo that's frankly ground breaking for them as a company.

Cross-platform play.

Nintendo has basically existed in their own little bubble since, basically forever while the outside world(Other competitors) grew in the online scene. The fact that Microsoft and Nintendo worked together on this is, frankly shocking and amazing since Nintendo would never do this ten or so years ago. If Nintendo and Microsoft of all companies can keep a friendly and healthy relationship, imagine what could come from this.

If Minecraft allowing Nintendo and Microsoft to work together isn't 'deep' enough ties that arguably should be called historic for the company, then I don't know what is.
Yes, but again, none of this had happened yet at the time the roster was being finalized.

At that time, Steve had just as much of an affiliation with Nintendo as Gordon Freeman, the Heavy, or any other widely known PC gaming icon.

Verge has said there will be MC representation in some form. Has he actually said it'll be Steve at this point? I know he finally confirmed Incineroar is the pokemon, but I've not seen anything about actually confirming MC has a character instead of a stage (which SSB has done in the past a few times now).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Everyone will be announced before release.
Which is exactly my point. Of course newcomers are shown off in the blog, but that doesn't mean veterans can't be delayed to show off at a future point that isn't after the game itself is out.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I find that the blog theory is similarly as faulty as the box theory, and I find it funny that people would say one is more credible than the next.

The biggest point people use against he box is, “B-but, it can change over time!” Yeah, obviously.

When it comes to the character updates, it’s “It’s been an average of 3 characters per week! It’s going to stay that way until release!”

Of course, the box theory lends itself to a smaller roster while the blog theory leads to a bigger one. Interesting that the latter is believed while the former is called “dumb”.

Just finding it interesting, is all.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
At that time, Steve had just as much of an affiliation with Nintendo as Gordon Freeman, the Heavy, or any other widely known PC gaming icon.
The roster was finalized in December 2015, around the same time that Minecaft was on the Wii U. it's not out of the possibility

Fane

Smash Journeyman
All these theories to me are just patterns people tend to follow/make-up and use as their basis for character limitations and future characters.

We have so many theories it's a little ridiculous. The Music, Box, Blog, Furniture, etc...

Frankly, I don't follow any of them. Sakurai tends to be unpredictable, he wouldn't make something like the roster # stupidly obvious.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The roster was finalized in December 2015, around the same time that Minecaft was on the Wii U. it's not out of the possibility
Minecraft was released on Dec. 17th on the WiiU, and there certainly wasn't enough time to gauge its WiiU popularity and add Steve to it based upon that.

Again, has Vergeben finally said that MC will have an actual character or did he leave it at "Minecraft representation"? I can still believe Steve could be added, but it's whether or not Verge has officially locked it down that I'm waiting on (like he did with Incineroar).

Last I heard, the prima leak (which is very likely fake) is the only thing that's said Steve is actually playable, probably piggybacking off of Vergeben.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Interesting that the latter is believed while the former is called “dumb”.
When I'm talking about the music theory, I'm seeing the whole picture of Music+Blog post for the newcomers.
That's why I don't believe the large roster.
3/4 is the maximum we'll get.
1/2 if you remove Ken and Incineroar

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Again, has Vergeben finally said that MC will have an actual character or did he leave it at "Minecraft representation"? I can still believe Steve could be added, but it's whether or not Verge has officially locked it down that I'm waiting on (like he did with Incineroar).
I believe he said a couple sources have told him Steve would be playable and he did back the person up who claimed "playable Minecraft rep" alongside a SquEnix rep, Incineroar, and Ken.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Minecraft was released on Dec. 17th on the WiiU, and there certainly wasn't enough time to gauge its popularity and add Steve to it based upon that.

Again, has Vergeben finally said that MC will have an actual character or did he leave it at "Minecraft representation"?
Sakurai is usually aware of games coming out a year in advance... (Greninja anyone?)
Also pretty sure if Steve is in the game, He is super Top Secret. Which is why a lot of Verge's source haven't seen him, just seeing an assist Trophy or Stage... Minecraft is such a huge IP that it's probably not cheap to use it. Why spend Millions to get the rights to use an IP as big as and as iconic as Minecraft just to have a stage or Assist trophy?... Might as well go full out and have a character too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom