• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think this thread should be closed when there isn't any serious leak to discuss like the Ken one. The past 30 pages have been speculation, memes and false alarms and hype instead of analysis on a shady SE reps leak with zero proof. Just my opinion though.
Yes, let's close this thread because this leak-the one said by one of the few people who have ACTUALLY leaked genuine, real stuff in the past-is "shady".
This is the leaks biz, bub, we cover all leaks shady or not.
Hope I don't come across as hostile.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Damn, if even TPC's convinced you know you got a good leak.
It's more spitballing than anything, but it ties together most of what we currently know.
  • Incineroar and Ken are locks as far as I am, and everyone else should be, concerned.
  • Shadow is not only popular and easy to make, but has had multiple mentions from GameXplain's Jon, who has to have some sort of insider info. I know I said the same thing about Mimique, but this dude called Kirby's Epic Yarn 3DS and every Final Fantasy game coming to Switch. Who does that? Someone with insider info. That's who. Of course, he's also sprinkling in falsities so he can pass off his insider info as "predictions," so this one may not be as likely as we think.
  • Steve fits with both Vergeben and our most recent leaker, who was corroborated by Vergeben. This one's somewhat of a tossup, but Steve would be huge. I think we severely underestimate just how big it would be if he were to be in Smash Bros.
  • We're definitely getting a Square Enix Rep. We know that much. Who is it? No clue. @「Mega Bidoof」made a good point about there potentially being two Square Enix reps, hence why Vergeben has been so tight lipped, because he's hearing two different names: Sora and Geno.
The only thing that could potentially limit this is box theory, but, all you'd have to do is remove Shadow and place Sora and Steve on the back of the box like they did for Snake and Sonic in Brawl and it fits. Sora and Steve being on the back of the box makes sense because both are massive third party characters, and would bring people into the game solely via their inclusion, so it'd make sense to highlight them.

Geno as DLC makes more sense than Sora because Geno is essentially the Mewtwo of this speculation cycle, a character that didn't truly pick up traction until late in the game. You could swap Geno for Sora, but it'd make more sense for Sora to be base roster to draw people in. Either way, they're both in, and Nintendo, Square Enix, and Disney make a lot of money.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Maaaaaaan, this is exactly what I was worried about. I'm thirsty for that roster like anyone, but Ken getting leaked is the start of a dangerous path- I REALLY don't want the full roster leaked this time around, for Sakurai's own sake. We need our next big infodump/Smash Direct before one of these leaks is proven true.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I think this thread should be closed when there isn't any serious leak to discuss like the Ken one. The past 30 pages have been speculation, memes and false alarms and hype instead of analysis on a shady SE reps leak with zero proof. Just my opinion though.
I have to agree because the leak/rumors Conversations don’t last long as well the topic can switch by just one users. I did enjoy the topics the last few days regarding leaks and today’s Waluigi & Steve conversation from the normal form.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maaaaaaan, this is exactly what I was worried about. I'm thirsty for that roster like anyone, but Ken getting leaked is the start of a dangerous path- I REALLY don't want the full roster leaked this time around, for Sakurai's own sake. We need our next big infodump/Smash Direct before one of these leaks is proven true.
I think if this is the case then it'd be best to do the Smash Direct early and now to prevent this potential leak as Brawl and Sm4sh had.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's more spitballing than anything, but it ties together most of what we currently know.
  • Incineroar and Ken are locks as far as I am, and everyone else should be, concerned.
  • Shadow is not only popular and easy to make, but has had multiple mentions from GameXplain's Jon, who has to have some sort of insider info. I know I said the same thing about Mimique, but this dude called Kirby's Epic Yarn 3DS and every Final Fantasy game coming to Switch. Who does that? Someone with insider info. That's who.
  • Steve fits with both Vergeben and our most recent leaker, who was corroborated by Vergeben. This one's somewhat of a tossup, but Steve would be huge. I think we severely underestimate just how big it would be if he were to be in Smash Bros.
  • We're definitely getting a Square Enix Rep. We know that much. Who is it? No clue. @「Mega Bidoof」made a good point about there potentially being two Square Enix reps, hence why Vergeben has been so tight lipped, because he's hearing two different names: Sora and Geno.
The only thing that could potentially limit this is box theory, but, all you'd have to do is remove Shadow and place Sora and Steve on the back of the box like they did for Snake and Sonic in Brawl and it fits. Sora and Steve being on the back of the box makes sense because both are massive third party characters, and would bring people into the game solely via their inclusion, so it'd make sense to highlight them.
The part I'm conflicted on, and the only one I'm conflicted on, is the two Squenix reps.
Logically if they got Sora, Geno would be easy money, a slice of cake, to license. So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised in retrospect. But it seems so pipe dreamy.

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
  • Shadow is not only popular and easy to make, but has had multiple mentions from GameXplain's Jon, who has to have some sort of insider info. I know I said the same thing about Mimique, but this dude called Kirby's Epic Yarn 3DS and every Final Fantasy game coming to Switch. Who does that? Someone with insider info. That's who.
Even though the box theory is already bull****.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The part I'm conflicted on, and the only one I'm conflicted on, is the two Squenix reps.
Logically if they got Sora, Geno would be easy money, a slice of cake, to license. So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised in retrospect. But it seems so pipe dreamy.
Technically speaking too since Sora is owned by Disney. Geno would still be the only SE rep. :p

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Even though the box theory is already bull****.
Never ever. No. No no. Not in my sweet baby leaks thread. Take the box theory elsewhere. Not my baby child.
(I'm mostly joking :))

Technically speaking too since Sora is owned by Disney. Geno would still be the only SE rep. :p
Or he wouldn't because you know the entire Board conflicts over if Sora is SE or not.
I need my Geno anyhow though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys the box theory had already been covered. It's simply Isabelle next to K. Rool and then after her a bar code. So no more newcomers apparently. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We spent 10 pages on debating the square character based on leaks with other posts being in regards to Steve’s leak and other minor leaks.

I’d stay that’s pretty damn on topic

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
With the SE 2 reps I believe that those could be DLC characters because it’s not a bad idea to start now then later. Who would these characters be? Easy Dragon Quest & Sora. What about Geno? Well... The other two series are bigger and I think they should be in first before Geno but would be cool to see him.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I find it really strange that Incineroar would be the only remaining actual Nintendo character in the base roster.
I don't. We've already gotten most of the Nintendo all-stars that Sakurai initially missed. It'd make sense for Sakurai to go for third party all-stars after that.
Guys the box theory had already been covered. It's simply Isabelle next to K. Rool and then after her a bar code. So no more newcomers apparently. :p
Was that legitimate? I thought it was a meme.
Nah. Any leak can be a serious leak. Ninka/Vaanrose had to start somewhere dude. We also need somewhere to throw the leak posts because it was spamming the General Thread.

How are those guys doing? I wonder.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
With the SE 2 reps I believe that those could be DLC characters because it’s not a bad idea to start now then later. Who would these characters be? Easy Dragon Quest & Sora. What about Geno? Well... The other two series are bigger and I think they should be in first before Geno but would be cool to see him.
IMO those series can be the biggest things ever.
But Geno's the biggest within the Smash fanbase no question.
He's part of the often-proclaimed "Big 3", which isn't actually real but still relevant, for a reason.
He has a very special place in this fandom just as Ridley and K. Rool did that few characters really come close to, and has for over a decade.

This is why I feel he should be in over those two. But I'm also biased.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm almost positive the full roster won't be able to hide past the end of October. It may actually be best for Sora Ltd. to do what they can to wrap things up sooner than later, even if it does mean a dry spell from then until launch.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't. We've already gotten most of the Nintendo all-stars that Sakurai initially missed. It'd make sense for Sakurai to go for third party all-stars after that.

Was that legitimate? I thought it was a meme.

Nah. Any leak can be a serious leak. Ninka/Vaanrose had to start somewhere dude. We also need somewhere to throw the leak posts because it was spamming the General Thread.

How are those guys doing? I wonder.
I wonder where that "Van Rose" man is now...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a feeling that we are still missing a first party echo or two and one first party newcomer. As for who I dont know. Maybe bandanna dee?

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
IMO those series can be the biggest things ever.
But Geno's the biggest within the Smash fanbase no question.
He's part of the often-proclaimed "Big 3", which isn't actually real but still relevant, for a reason.
He has a very special place in this fandom just as Ridley and K. Rool did that few characters really come close to, and has for over a decade.

This is why I feel he should be in over those two. But I'm also biased.
I definitely need to get SM RPG just to know more about Geno. I remember when I started getting into more of the fandom back in 2005 since Brawl was announce I remember seeing him for the first time but didn’t really give much thoughts of him till later on in Smash4. I do agree with getting 2/3 kings so far it would be great to see all 3 fan favorites together.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I have a feeling that we are still missing a first party echo or two and one first party newcomer. As for who I dont know. Maybe bandanna dee?
We are missing one first party newcomer.

It's Incineroar. That's who we're getting.

Maybe we'll see Dixie Kong, but that's a hard maybe.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Geno as DLC makes more sense than Sora because Geno is essentially the Mewtwo of this speculation cycle, a character that didn't truly pick up traction until late in the game.
I disagree. Geno has had traction for years. And Sakurai even aknowledges this. He even put a Geno costume in SSB4 for goodness sake. The guy is not off his radar.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Come on guys the :p should've indicated that I was being sarcastic.
I'm literally stupid, Spikester, this is a known fact

I definitely need to get SM RPG just to know more about Geno. I remember when I started getting into more of the fandom back in 2005 since Brawl was announce I remember seeing him for the first time but didn’t really give much thoughts of him till later on in Smash4. I do agree with getting 2/3 kings so far it would be great to see all 3 fan favorites together.
Yeah. He's a dweeb, but also badass. SMRPG is an awesome game, love from childhood, give it a shot.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think that, assuming the recent leak is real (which it may very well not be), that either Geno will be in the base game and Sora will be DLC, or vice versa. I'm more than happy with either outcome, really. I especially like the idea of this leak being real because it would mean both Sora and Geno fans would be happy without one fanbase setting their cross-hairs on the other.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We are missing one first party newcomer.

It's Incineroar. That's who we're getting.

Maybe we'll see Dixie Kong, but that's a hard maybe.
Likely he is, but you never know.

As for Dixie I doubt she’s in. There would be no reason to leave her out of k rools trailer

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I disagree. Geno has had traction for years. And Sakurai even acknowledges this. He even put a Geno costume in SSB4 for goodness sake. The guy is not off his radar.
He isn't, but focus was taken off of Geno in favor of King K. Rool and Ridley for this speculation cycle. Only when they were both confirmed did Geno fans come out in force.

It might be my personal bias, but I feel Sora has more going for him in terms of being on the base roster, especially if you put him on the back of the box with box theory.
Likely he is, but you never know.

As for Dixie I doubt she’s in. There would be no reason to leave her out of k rools trailer
Incineroar is most definitely in.

As someone who's seen almost every "leak" this speculation cycle has had to offer, I can tell you that Incineroar is in this game as a playable fighter.

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I find it really strange that Incineroar would be the only remaining actual Nintendo character in the base roster.
We really don’t know yet because we could get a classic character that we didn’t see coming like Stanley the Bug Man. I’m surprised that we haven’t seen Incineroar/new Pokémon announcement yet since there’s still like 77 days left.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He isn't, but focus was taken off of Geno in favor of King K. Rool and Ridley for this speculation cycle. Only when they were both confirmed did Geno fans come out in force.

It might be my personal bias, but I feel Sora has more going for him in terms of being on the base roster, especially if you put him on the back of the box with box theory.
You're not trying to infer Sora's had more of a presence during this whole cycle though correct? I'd definitely disagree.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You're not trying to infer Sora's had more of a presence during this whole cycle though correct? I'd definitely disagree.
Definitely not. Sora has a more sporadic, but consistent presence this speculation cycle, but I'd refer back to the Ballot-era, where Sora did tremendously. I feel like my point of attention being diverted from Geno also somewhat stands there, as many supporters of the "holy trinity" were using their votes for K. Rool or Ridley, or even other third party characters, instead of Geno.

IF (and this is a big if) Sora outperformed Geno on the ballot (I personally believe he did and can provide some sources if need be to back that up), it would make sense for him to be in the base game over Geno due to his modern popularity. However, Geno's legacy can't be denied, so he would be added as DLC, especially since fan-demand for him has revved back up to full force.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
In my mind the hypothetical 1 SE slot really comes down to Geno, Erdrick, or Sora.

Sorry Lara, Neku, and Crono boyz.

And selfishly? I just...I hope it isn't Erdrick lol.
I need my Geno fix. It's been so long.

If Sora's in I'll be very happy for one of my best friends who ADORES FF and Kingdom Hearts.
And also remind him he now can ask for nothing in Smash ever again.

Definitely not. Sora has a more sporadic, but consistent presence this speculation cycle, but I'd like to refer back to the Ballot-era, where Sora did tremendously. I feel like my point of attention being diverted from Geno also somewhat stands there, as many supporters of the "holy trinity" were using their votes for K. Rool or Ridley instead of Geno, or even other third party characters.
Ehh I think we'll always just agree to disagree on this one, because from what I saw Geno definitely popped up far more in Sora in Ballot polls.
But if we get both, no point even caring LOL

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
When DLC is all said and done, Sora being in but not Geno is absolutely preposterous in my opinion. That's the last I'll say on this matter.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
In my mind the hypothetical 1 SE slot really comes down to Geno, Erdrick, or Sora.

If Sora's in I'll be very happy for one of my best friends who ADORES FF and Kingdom Hearts.

Ehh I think we'll always just agree to disagree on this one, because from what I saw Geno definitely popped up far more in Sora in Ballot polls.
That's fair. The two are both massively popular, and could very well be interchangeable in my scenario. It'd just make more sense to have Sora on the back of the box really.

I feel that both will be in the game after DLC, and if MasterofHyrule is correct, we'll be possibly be seeing both on or close to the base roster.

D

Deleted member

So I wanna ask you this. Given how much Sakurai has respected Final Fantasy VII when Cloud was rolled out for Smash For came out - all the Summon Materia, the callback to Advent Children - he went as much as he could with the FFVII IP, so you know he's gonna have to include Disney in some shape or fashion to represent Kingdom Hearts damn good. Disney practically is the hugest part of Kingdom Hearts, and no doubt Sora is gonna use the OG keyblade, and Mickey Mouse is a part of that sword as the keychain. I'm not sure about other Disney subsidaries, but I definitely don't think Disney of Japan is gonna let that allowed, even with how much of a businessman Sakurai is.

It'd seem way more easier to work with the Super Mario RPG IP than the Kingdom Hearts IP.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice

As a Crono boy I completely understand how unlikely he is at this point, in any capacity. Almost the exact opposite of a lock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom