• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This isn't a topic for general Smash Ultimate discussion. Use this https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-discussion-warning-possible-spoilers-leaks.434391/ topic for it.

I've moved some posts that are off-topic here but fine for there. If you accidentally have a double post due to this, just report it and we'll merge it for you.
Hi LST, I don't understand why my post on Verge's Steve comments was moved? I replied here specifically not to spoil people on leaks.

source? i literally stalk his gamefaqs and haven't seen that
Try stalking his reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/user/DasVergeben

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hi LST, I don't understand why my post on Verge's Steve comments was moved? I replied here specifically not to spoil people on leaks.
I had moved the post that started the various conversation over to that thread. So I moved every reply to it.

Hence the confusion. >.<

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
source? i literally stalk his gamefaqs and haven't seen that
It was on r/Kappa. On the thread where that other dude claimed Steve was coming.

It's likely Verge was just playing it safe, maybe he only heard it from one source. Dude is supposedly legit and in contact with Verge, so that counts for something.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I saw this yesterday but everyone says it’s fake because of how much brighter Isabelle and the barcode are compared to everyone else.
Oh yeah, no doubt it's fake. But thinking about it it's a possibility.

Does anyone know where Nintendo typically place barcodes on boxes such as these?

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
*looks at left shoulder, small box with angel wings appears*
"-THE BOX- is your friend, trust it. Temper your expectations, be happy with what you have."

*looks at right shoulder, small triforce with a pitchfork appears*
"EVERYONE IS IN SMASH! LOSE CONTROL! TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!"

Please help me.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thank you. I am still confused though, is this not specifically for leaks like that?
I will trust your judgement.
One of the posts wasn't about leaks. So I moved that one. And then each reply to it. The entire conversation. Some of it happened to be on-topic for here, just not all of it.

Hope that explains everything. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
One of the posts wasn't about leaks. So I moved that one. And then each reply to it. The entire conversation. Some of it happened to be on-topic for here, just not all of it.

Hope that explains everything. Again, sorry for the confusion.
Makes sense. Thank you :)

ah the way you worded it confused me a bit, i had already seen him mention the whole "possibly" a character thing
Oh...so why did you say he ruled out Steve? Or am I also confused

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Makes sense. Thank you :)

Oh...so why did you say he ruled out Steve? Or am I also confused
yeah i think we're both confused LOL. i meant he never specifically mentioned steve, just that there's "possibly" a character, which could be a creeper for all we know. steve is most likely though ofc

edit: the reddit posts obviously mention steve but i hadn't seen them til now

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
yeah i think we're both confused LOL. i meant he never specifically mentioned steve, just that there's "possibly" a character, which could be a creeper for all we know. steve is most likely though ofc
No he agreed it would be Steve as he concurred with the OP's statement of "Steve is the Minecraft Character" I believe. Only real choice too. But yeah, thanks for clearing it up

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so if Box Theory is true I'm gonna be down about it after seeing all these Geno and Steve leaks.

here's hoping for B-K, Skull Kid, and Geno for DLC (and Steve too but I'm afraid I'll get hate)

I mean I'm happy with K. Rool and a ship-load of fighters along with Spirits-possibly but we gotta get B-K and Skull Kiddo along with Geno the starman himself at least

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know why I'm asking because it's just leakypandy, but the screenshot is the only proof this conversation even happened, right?
Because of who the person is I don't think they are lying

TheNobleApocalypse

Smash Rookie
View attachment 166196

So much wrong...It's painful.
  • Amiibo data "leak" has long been proven fake, and isn't credible
  • Bethesda Rep isn't a leak, and isn't credible
  • Black Knight wasn't on Castle Siege, and isn't credible
  • Shadow has been mentioned by Jon on GameXplain, but you don't mention that
  • Katalina is a maybe
  • Waluigi isn't happening. I know it's a meme but get over it.
Thanks for the feedback! I legitimately didn't realize that the Amiibo data "leak" was proven false. I admit I should've fact checked that one. I didn't mean to refer to the Bethesda incident as a leak, but more so as a slight possibility. Personally I don't believe there are gonna be any Bethesda reps, but I felt I should mention it. I've seen people say that it wasn't Black Knight on Castle Siege, but I've also seen many other people agree that it is probably based off of him, hence why Sakurai would choose to remove the character from the stage to prevent possible confusion. I'm not sure I understand what GameExplain mentioning Shadow has to do with his credibility of being included in Smash, though I'm not really familiar with GameExplain so please feel free to help me out here. I felt Katalina was worth mentioning since she was brought up by a presumably credible leaker. I personally don't want Waluigi and I hope I'm wrong, but I also just can't see an outcome where he dosen't end up as DLC. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Even if Steve is in Smash playable, I'm not losing hope for Banjo.... Vergeben didn't know about K. Rool, Richter, Dark Samus, or Chrom. So I'm sure there's characters he doesn't know about...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Thanks for the feedback! I legitimately didn't realize that the Amiibo data "leak" was proven false. I admit I should've fact checked that one. I didn't mean to refer to the Bethesda incident as a leak, but more so as a slight possibility. Personally I don't believe there are gonna be any Bethesda reps, but I felt I should mention it. I've seen people say that it wasn't Black Knight on Castle Siege, but I've also seen many other people agree that it is probably based off of him, hence why Sakurai would choose to remove the character from the stage to prevent possible confusion. I'm not sure I understand what GameExplain mentioning Shadow has to do with his credibility of being included in Smash, though I'm not really familiar with GameExplain so please feel free to help me out here. I felt Katalina was worth mentioning since she was brought up by a presumably credible leaker. I personally don't want Waluigi and I hope I'm wrong, but I also just can't see an outcome where he dosen't end up as DLC. Once again, thanks for the feedback!
Ohhh I like you. Very understanding and willing to learn. Stick around.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Seeing as Echoes are easy to make and generally unknown even to insiders I’m keeping faith in the “Black Trio” of Shadow, Black Knight, and Black Shadow.

Again I think Sora will be the first DLC character and Geno will be in the base roster, makes more sense than the other way around.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Not sure about Black Shadow and Sora
My predictions go more like

They are in
-Ken
-Incineroar

They are very likely In
-Steve
-Geno
-Shadow
-Dixie Kong

There's a Chance
-Sora
-Isaac
-Elma
-Rhythm Heaven rep
That's my point, even tho there are some minor variables between yours, vergeben's, john, chad and me. All of them have some common ground which IMO, is where the truth lies.

I really believe in some truth between all the leaks but also im also ready for something literally no one expects, something totally "Sakurai ish" but that makes a lot of sense, like for example :

-Contra guy

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not believing the part of two Square characters at once. Doesn't fit with their usual rep of being stingy. And unlike Konami, neither is an Echo nor a returning character from a previous Smash game.

That said, both Sora and Geno alike have pretty huge support from what I've seen, so either's strong possibility. But that's only if we're going with the current theme of adding in the highly requested characters.

That's part of the reason why I'm doubting Steve so much, there's hardly much of presence about how people WANT the character, not until he's supposedly leaked. Before, it was mostly, "yeah it'd make sense given how popular Minecraft is" and the like. Now I'm seeing more people get into the idea because it seems like its happening. That said, I don't think Banjo has a shot in hell, and unfortunately neither does Fulgore, the REAL Rare choice.

I'm willing to believe the Ken leak, hopefully for reasons that aren't biased on my own part, but that the image would need a TON of effort put into it to make it seem that legit. IF it is fake, then it might even be better than that Palutena "leak" from the 3DS days.

That's my point, even tho there are some minor variables between yours, vergeben's, john, chad and me. All of them have some common ground which IMO, is where the truth lies.

I really expect some truth between all the leaks but also i expect something literally no one expects, something totally "Sakurai ish" but that makes a lot of sense, like for example :

-Contra guy
Damn dude. If that happened we'd have 4 Konami characters. And Bomberman would STILL be the one in Assist Trophy Hell.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm hoping that the Protonmail rumor is true. So far it's gotten Simon and Isabelle. And the list implied Isabelle was unique based on the fact it has no echo characters on it.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So someone on... 4 Chan I think. Said they had video/image footage and that they would post today at 9 PT... Anyone knows anything on that? I read it elsewhere then lost the post and I didn't know a better place to ask

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So someone on... 4 Chan I think. Said they had video/image footage and that they would post today at 9 PT... Anyone knows anything on that? I read it elsewhere then lost the post and I didn't know a better place to ask
It was rickroll I heard

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not believing the part of two Square characters at once. Doesn't fit with their usual rep of being stingy. And unlike Konami, neither is an Echo nor a returning character from a previous Smash game.

That said, both Sora and Geno alike have pretty huge support from what I've seen, so either's strong possibility. But that's only if we're going with the current theme of adding in the highly requested characters.

That's part of the reason why I'm doubting Steve so much, there's hardly much of presence about how people WANT the character, not until he's supposedly leaked. Before, it was mostly, "yeah it'd make sense given how popular Minecraft is" and the like. Now I'm seeing more people get into the idea because it seems like its happening. That said, I don't think Banjo has a shot in hell, and unfortunately neither does Fulgore, the REAL Rare choice.

I'm willing to believe the Ken leak, hopefully for reasons that aren't biased on my own part, but that the image would need a TON of effort put into it to make it seem that legit. IF it is fake, then it might even be better than that Palutena "leak" from the 3DS days.
Were you on Miiverse during the Sm4sh days?

Steve was like, one of the most requested characters there. I'm not even kidding.
Well ****, I'm the bad guy now. Sorry for being so critical. It's common for people to spread misinformation, and that's something I'm sharply against. People typically aren't so open to feedback though, so I really appreciate it. I like you.

Anyways, refer to page 25-ish if you want more background on Jon from GameXplain. Essentially, dude is passing off legitimate leaks as "predictions."
They said 9 AM PT not PM. They later deconfirmed by rick rolling us.
Rickrolling in 2018?

Sounds like my kinda guy.
What Protonmail leak
That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Essentially, someone on 4chan posted a long line of code that led to an encrypted mailbox with some messages. One of them said that Isabelle, Simon, Bandana Dee, Lloyd Irving, and Heihachi would be in the game. Alongside the code was a prediction that the August Smash Direct would reveal Simon.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
TyrantLizardKing TyrantLizardKing

Hey I just want to apologize for the little bit of an outburst regarding Tails and Shadow earlier. The recent discussions in this thread has left me with an epiphany/new perspective regardless what happens in this game.

Expect me to still campaign for Tails come DLC time. But Tails or no Tails. Or Shadow or no Shadow (Don't even care as much if he's an echo or not anymore. That's how much I've changed perspective in less then 24 hours). The possibility Sonic Adventure 2 is represented in the newcomer roster amongst Minecraft, Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest, etc. is still so mind numbingly amazing. That I should just chill regarding all this.

D

Deleted member

1. Dunno what anyone expected from a guy on 4chan claiming to have footage. Stop giving these kinds of leak any attention.
2. Liking Rick Roll doesn't just make me immune to all damage but it also restores my HP so jokes on them
3. People should use Robo Roll instead tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
I remember Steve being very requested on Miiverse. Even on the Minecraft Miiverse form as well.
core smash fans are always misguided in what characters we think are popular and/or plausible

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...spoilers-leaks.434391/page-2978#post-22284899

An encrypted message that was posted before the day of the direct but after the music leak. The remaining newcomers on the list are Lloyd, Heihachi, and Waddle Dee. It's one of the few surviving rumors right now.
None of the characters seem unlikely. But it does seem like it comes from "before" the time of Incineroar, Square Enix rep, and Steve, if that makes sense. Like, assuming it's fake, it would have replaced Lloyd and Heihachi with Sora and Steve if it were released today.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder how popular Freddy Fazbear was among the non-core audience

He's got to be the next choice after Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.