• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Companies have said in the past they don't announce characters for Smash at their own events, Nintendo announces them

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Leaky Pandy is saying the box theory is true

So if the box theory IS true the rep could very well be from the new Dragon Quest

If the box theory is false, they are probably making crap up

But even if the box theory is true they could be making crap up
I feel like LeakyPandy just wants to torment the Smash community.

If it's true, I just want them to know, stop being so gosh dang "spoiler-free" which goes against being a leaker (you're already ruining part of the surprise, anyway) and actually tell us how it's true.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm getting a real "Chunky is an Assist Trophy" feeling about this Steve leak. Like, someone says it and then it's passed around as legit information until the game comes out. That's the feeling I'm getting.
I get the feeling that there's a minecraft stage and assist trophy.
Playtesters are making the assumption that since those two are in, the character has to be as well.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I get the feeling that there's a minecraft stage and assist trophy.
Playtesters are making the assumption that since those two are in, the character has to be as well.
Yeah. Just because a series (especially a third-party series) has a stage and an AT does not mean that it would have to have a playable character. If Steve is a playable character, then the Hunter from Monster Hunter is a playable character as well.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah. Just because a series (especially a third-party series) has a stage and an AT does not mean that it would have to have a playable character. If Steve is a playable character, then the Hunter from Monster Hunter is a playable character as well.
Please stop with this faulty logic.

Monster Hunter is owned by Capcom, who will have 3 reps in the game, regularly works with Nintendo, and has a long friendly history with them.

Steve is owned by Microsoft, one of Nintendo's 2 main actual competitors who almost never collaborates with them ever.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not much of a Street Fighter person, but isn't Ken like the original echo? I think if he is revealed, it is pretty fair to say he will be as close to an echo as a character can be.
He started that way yeah, but he diverged heavily since then. Which is why I think it could go either way honestly.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Guys don't take that MasterOfHyrule tweet out of context. He doesn't know anything we don't please have a look for yourself:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Please stop with this faulty logic.

Monster Hunter is owned by Capcom, who will have 3 reps in the game, regularly works with Nintendo, and has a long friendly history with them.

Steve is owned by Microsoft, one of Nintendo's 2 main actual competitors who almost never collaborates with them ever.
Microsoft and Nintendo are on friendly terms now. They are now cross-platforming.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Guys don't take that MasterOfHyrule tweet out of context. He doesn't know anything we don't please have a look for yourself:
I am taking it with context in mind.

I don't see how this changes anything. He could simply be protecting his sources.

Microsoft and Nintendo are on friendly terms now. They are now cross-platforming.
And was this the case in 2015? When the roster was decided?
No. So your logic is faulty.

Last edited:

TheNobleApocalypse

Smash Rookie
So according to all the most credible leaks these are basically the most likely final characters:

Bandana Dee - leaked Amiibo data from same leak that said Daisy was in, maybe DLC
Geno and/or Sora - as possible DLC, Vergeben and Senjoughara: Logical Square Enix Reps
Incineroar - Vergeben and Senjoughara
Steve - Vergeben and Senjoughara
Bethesda Rep - Possible DLC, If Bethesda is to be believed about discussing Smash Bros. with Nintendo
Black Knight (Probably Echo of Ike) - missing from stage and Sakurai loves fire emblem
Shadow (Echo of Sonic) - Missing assist trophy, easy addition, popular character
Ken (Echo of Ryu) - Image Leak, Vergeben and Senjoughara
Katalina - as DLC, Senjoughara
Waluigi - AS DLC, no questions

Assuming popular characters like Isaac, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Banjo & Kazooie, etc. don’t make it in the base game, I think we can expect them as DLC.

Please feel free to discuss this, this is my first post, I’m not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. These aren’t necessarily the characters I want, but they are what I believe to be most likely.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If Sora gets in the base game, I'll be mad that I didn't commit to my Sora prediction months ago. The potential PR talk in HMK's video about Sora had me hesitate.

That being said, with this news of Sora potentially coming as DLC, I'm gonna definitely gonna bet on him early as DLC, cause he might be the first DLC character announced after a final Smash direct.
5924df90c1b17f8a9ec183da4024d335.jpg

Really? ;)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And was this the case in 2015? When the roster was decided?
No. So your logic is faulty.
So according to all the most credible leaks these are basically the most likely final characters:

Bandana Dee - leaked Amiibo data from same leak that said Daisy was in, maybe DLC
Geno and/or Sora - as possible DLC, Vergeben and Senjoughara: Logical Square Enix Reps
Bethesda Rep - Possible DLC, If Bethesda is to be believed about discussing Smash Bros. with Nintendo
Black Knight (Probably Echo of Ike) - missing from stage and Sakurai loves fire emblem
Shadow (Echo of Sonic) - Missing assist trophy, easy addition, popular character

Assuming popular characters like Isaac, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Banjo & Kazooie, etc. don’t make it in the base game, I think we can expect them as DLC.

Please feel free to discuss this, this is my first post, I’m not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. These aren’t necessarily the characters I want, but they are what I believe to be most likely.
Bethesda rep? Get this the hell outta my sight

I know you're having a good kek with Waluigi.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

2290115.png

So much wrong...It's painful.
  • Amiibo data "leak" has long been proven fake, and isn't credible
  • Bethesda Rep isn't a leak, and isn't credible
  • Black Knight wasn't on Castle Siege, and isn't credible
  • Shadow has been mentioned by Jon on GameXplain, but you don't mention that
  • Katalina is a maybe
  • Waluigi isn't happening. I know it's a meme but get over it.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I mean it should count but you can go ahead and say otherwise I suppose.
Loz had a "proven track record" before he proved it was wrong with his future leaks.
If this guy's roster doesn't pan out, yeah his track record's dirtied.
But his is better than the vast majority.
That's why i said proven track record. Loz18 only got the direct right. Which is not a proven track record

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I am taking it with context in mind.

I don't see how this changes anything. He could simply be protecting his sources.
This is the part you should read:
Google.PNG

He found this info from google searches most likely about:
The deleted Sora tweet
New Leaker (forgot his name the one who verge says is legit) that leaked Steve and Katalina negotiations
and the Ken leak

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

This was not the best first post to make.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think "you guys" is too general. Even I'm part of the group of people into the idea.
Almost every time Goku gets mentioned he is always memed, laughed at, or some heated conversation stirs up about why Goku shouldn’t be in Smash.

And I say maybe because this was the first time someone mentioned Goku without someone posting that dumb monkey.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord

Welcome to the discussion, glad to have you here

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I've already said it but I think it needs to be said again. Banjo and/or Steve is not a one or the other situation, and Steve getting in would be great news for Banjo supporters, even if regarding DLC.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I've already said it but I think it needs to be said again. Banjo and/or Steve is not a one or the other situation, and Steve getting in would be great news for Banjo supporters, even if regarding DLC.
I happen to agree, just want me some Banjo

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
View attachment 166197
The deleted Sora tweet
New Leaker (forgot his name the one who verge says is legit) that leaked Steve
and the Ken leak
But no one in their right mind doesn't Leak Ken without Incineroar if it was a 4chan leak
Nor anyone did put in a SERIOUS LEAK Sora and Geno together.
Even less, Sora/Geno/Steve together.

I'm taking this whole things in a grain of salt. But the combination of all of these is not logic

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Almost every time Goku gets mentioned he is always memed and laughed at.

And I say maybe because this was the first time someone mentioned Goku without someone posting that dumb monkey.
I'm cool with either tbh and the hate towards the monkey is more perplexing to me than people thinking waluigi is gonna somehow make it in

1537672897365.png

Problem solved

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 166197
The deleted Sora tweet
New Leaker (forgot his name the one who verge says is legit) that leaked Steve and Katalina negotiations
and the Ken leak
I read that. And that is what I am referring to.

Please show me a leak where Sora, Steve, and Geno are all together, which are actually credible. Or even show me a leak with one of each that is credible. The deleted Sora tweet isn't. New leaker is only due to being backed by Verge.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also Minecon is next Saturday so maybe he’s announced then, since all these leaks with him are starting to pop up now.

Also it’s probably the only time where people will cheer for Steve in Smash
Smash stuff never gets announced at non-Smash events though.

We come up with these ideas every time there's an event and we all leave disappointed every time.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I'm cool with either tbh and the hate towards the monkey is more perplexing to me than people thinking waluigi is gonna somehow make it in

View attachment 166199
Problem solved
I’m not hating him, lol. It’s just that most of the time Goku gets mentioned, someone pulls that up.

I can see the salt if so many angry people saying how Banjo is refernced and seen by Sakurai yet they picked Steve over him.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
alright guys I can't find where LeakyPandy says Box Theory is true, where is it?

admittedly I didn't check tweets & replies tab but I'm too lazy to login:estatic:

edit: ok nvm I logged in, checked, and found nothin' on boxes.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
View attachment 166196

So much wrong...It's painful.
  • Amiibo data "leak" has long been proven fake, and isn't credible
  • Bethesda Rep isn't a leak, and isn't credible
  • Black Knight wasn't on Castle Siege, and isn't credible
  • Shadow has been mentioned by Jon on GameXplain, but you don't mention that
  • Katalina is a maybe
  • Waluigi isn't happening. I know it's a meme but get over it.
Miiiight want to be a little less aggressive to a guy just making his first post here, just saying.

Ooooh you are EVIL, I love it.

Seriously though, if Steve gets in I want his alts to reference Minecraft costumes from the console ports. Master Chief anyone?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m not hating him, lol. It’s just that most of the time Goku gets mentioned, someone pulls that up.

I can see the salt if so many angry people saying how Banjo is refernced and seen by Sakurai yet they picked Steve over him.
I usually pull it up because I genuinely think it would be an interesting compromise. The fact people keep seeing it as if I'm trying to meme about it is their own problem tbh

Smash stuff never gets announced at non-Smash events though.

We come up with these ideas every time there's an event and we all leave disappointed every time.
It's gonna happen now that you say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom