• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
this im assuming
God, imagine Ultimate is bigger than we remotely think and Bamco gets these 2 reps, SE gets Sora and Geno (to start), Dante is added with Ken for Capcom, BWD, Skull Kid, Isaac, Elma, Rhythm Heaven and Banjo are all characters? Hell, we even get some more classic Villains like Porky or Kamek? I'm crying at the idea of being bamboozled by Sakurai and his statements.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Were you on Miiverse during the Sm4sh days?

Steve was like, one of the most requested characters there. I'm not even kidding.

Well ****, I'm the bad guy now. Sorry for being so critical. It's common for people to spread misinformation, and that's something I'm sharply against. People typically aren't so open to feedback though, so I really appreciate it. I like you.

Anyways, refer to page 25-ish if you want more background on Jon from GameXplain. Essentially, dude is passing off legitimate leaks as "predictions."

Rickrolling in 2018?

Sounds like my kinda guy.

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Essentially, someone on 4chan posted a long line of code that led to an encrypted mailbox with some messages. One of them said that Isabelle, Simon, Bandana Dee, Lloyd Irving, and Heihachi would be in the game. Alongside the code was a prediction that the August Smash Direct would reveal Simon.
I didn't use Miiverse much since I played the 3DS version mostly. So if he was requested a lot, then I'll admit I was ignorant of that fact.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
honestly impossible to say who the actual leaker was, they didn't post with a trip
Well apparently RC-3197 RC-3197 revealed some guy in a Discord server said he did the Rick Roll video.
The guy there also claimed it wasn't him who originally posted the leak though.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
When Sakurai mention wanting Geno since Brawl, I always think of the unused/lost track of "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms". Having that unused track in Brawl is strange unless Sakurai intended to create Geno.

That could be a stretch though IDK..

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
When Sakurai mention wanting Geno since Brawl, I always think of the unused/lost track of "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms". Having that unused track in Brawl is strange unless Sakurai intended to create Geno...it might be a stretch.
Its most likely that Sakurai may have not been able to get the rights to use the sound piece.

Although seeing how Geno was planned for Brawl, it’s very possible that Sakurai wanted include him and some SMRPG music, but couldn’t get the rights to them as well.

Last edited:

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
God, imagine Ultimate is bigger than we remotely think and Bamco gets these 2 reps, SE gets Sora and Geno (to start), Dante is added with Ken for Capcom, BWD, Skull Kid, Isaac, Elma, Rhythm Heaven and Banjo are all characters? Hell, we even get some more classic Villains like Porky or Kamek? I'm crying at the idea of being bamboozled by Sakurai and his statements.
Ditto here, man. I believe this roster is bigger than we can imagine.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Ditto here, man. I believe this roster is bigger than we can imagine.
Sakurai said we'll know every character in the game before the game's release. We only have until Dec 7th. Do you honestly believe he's going to dump a ton of new fighters on us from now until then?

Realistically, we are probably only getting two or three more unique fighters. Echoes? Who can say. Since they don't have a reveal trailer a few could be shown to us all at once. Like two or three in the middle of the last Smash Direct.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Although I'd love to see Porky and Banjo in the game, I think it'll be better to keep our expectations in check. The community's been burned by high expectations in every other smash bros game and Sakurai specifically said to not expect too many newcomers.

D

Deleted member

When Sakurai mention wanting Geno since Brawl, I always think of the unused/lost track of "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms". Having that unused track in Brawl is strange unless Sakurai intended to create Geno.

That wasn't Beware the Forest's Mushroom though.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

The unused/lost track isn't unused or lost. It's a fan remix.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Man im listening to beware the forest mushrooms right now, and if geno is revealed and this song plays for his trailer my life will be complete.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
that "lost" track on youtube is indeed a fan remix, however I remember reading something about an unused "Forest" track in Brawl's data?

Might've just been something from M&L, though.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
The unused/lost track isn't unused or lost. It's a fan remix.
that "lost" track on youtube is indeed a fan remix, however I remember reading something about an unused "Forest" track in Brawl's data?

Might've just been something from M&L, though.
There's data for an unused song in Brawl roughly translating to "Mushroom Forest" but it's often incorrectly assumed to be "Beware The Forest's Mushroom"

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Although I'd love to see Porky and Banjo in the game, I think it'll be better to keep our expectations in check. The community's been burned by high expectations in every other smash bros game and Sakurai specifically said to not expect too many newcomers.
Well, he said the same for Brawl and 4 and looked how it turned out.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, so what it is??
https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl#Unused_Music
A12_MORINOKINOKO - The name translates to "Forest Mushrooms". Although the most popular theory is that this was "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" from Super Mario RPG, its position in the list—which follows a general chronological trend—reveals that it was most likely the theme for Toadwood Forest, from Partners in Time. It would have been yet another theme for the underground version of the Mushroomy Kingdom stage.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Well, he said the same for Brawl and 4 and looked how it turned out.
When did he say not to expect much from brawl and 4?
I'm just saying, it's better to go in with moderate expectations and get pleasantly surprised than go in with high expectations and get disappointed.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
When did he say not to expect much from brawl and 4?
I'm just saying, it's better to go in with moderate expectations and get pleasantly surprised than go in with high expectations and get disappointed.
Can't say for Braw,l but I vividly remember for Smash 4 he said they already reached the upper limits of how many characters they could add with Brawl and there wouldn't be much more.

Last edited:

Luigimon98

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5239 6092 0717
Can't say for Brawl but I vividly remember for Smash 4 he said they already reached the upper limits of how many characters they could add with Brawl and there wouldn't be much more.
And with DLC, the roster surpassed the total of newcomers from Brawl's 18, making it 21.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What a day it has been.

Retrospective thoughts:
Geno/Steve/Sora leak is one of the most interesting in a long time. Could be another Loz...could not be.
There's evidence for and against it.
I just want my Geno, haha.

Good night all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still want to know what "Geno has a high chance of getting in" means

Like, DLC? Is that what it's implying.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll say it once and say it again. I'm okay with Steve under the condition Banjo is DLC.

I'm still confident though that he's not going to be in the roster. At most maybe a stage character or assist trophy.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's my take:

Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, Sora, and Steve are what's left on the base roster. Incineroar will be revealed in October, and the other four will be revealed in a November Smash Bros. Direct alongside Geno, who is our first DLC character. Either that, or Geno is revealed at the literal last second at the Video Game Awards the day before the game releases, and someone else is our DLC character (Either Isaac, Rex & Pyra, or maybe Banjo & Kazooie)

Remember this when it's proven right.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
1. Dunno what anyone expected from a guy on 4chan claiming to have footage. Stop giving these kinds of leak any attention.
2. Liking Rick Roll doesn't just make me immune to all damage but it also restores my HP so jokes on them
3. People should use Robo Roll instead tbh
I mean if a leaker claims to have footage and doesn’t post it right away, they are automatically bull ****ing.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's my take:

Incineroar, Ken, Shadow, Sora, and Steve are what's left on the base roster. Incineroar will be revealed in October, and the other four will be revealed in a November Smash Bros. Direct alongside Geno, who is our first DLC character. Either that, or Geno is revealed at the literal last second at the Video Game Awards the day before the game releases, and someone else is our DLC character (Either Isaac, Rex & Pyra, or maybe Banjo & Kazooie)

Damn, if even TPC's convinced you know you got a good leak.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Huh, we got a separate thread for discussing leaks now? Neat.
View attachment 166108

So much here is just...wrong.

For one, Dragon Quest is a massive series. It is literally the highest selling Japanese series not yet represented in Smash. The entire series has sold 75 million copies, and made a gross revenue of $11.7 billion. That makes it the second highest selling and third highest grossing series for Square Enix (behind Final Fantasy for sales, and Final Fantasy and ****ing Space Invaders for revenue). It's popular enough that there's a rumor in Japan that the Japanese parliament made it illegal to release Dragon Quest games on a weekday due to how many people would call in "sick." How many games are popular enough have real world urban legends about them?

I assume the Square statement you're referring to is actually HMK's interview of a Disney Executive, which is detailed here. People such as PlayerOneTyler, who literally worked on Disney Infinity, which had the Keyblade as an item, have also corroborated this information. The process for getting Sora in Smash or to use Kingdom Hearts in other media is:
  • Go to Normura and get approval from him because he's the series creator
  • Go to Disney and say you got approval, do actual negotiations
  • Work alongside Disney to ensure all Kingdom Hearts content is true to the source material
Also, Disney owns all of original characters in Kingdom Hearts. That is a fact.

Also, while Geno has always placed well in ballots, he has never as high as K. Rool or Ridley. KMDP KMDP can show you that Geno doesn't even crack the Top 10 in terms of supporters for a character in Smash. Support for him largely died down during Sm4sh speculation, and he didn't become a common pick until Ridley and K. Rool were confirmed.

This is a list of characters who placed in the top 10 of a massive Nintendo fan poll in Japan. As you can see, Geno is ranked #9, below many other characters. While Sakurai did say he wanted him in Brawl and Sm4sh, we don't know if he changed his mind and went for a larger series again like he did for Cloud.

Also, Square owns the rights to all original characters and content in Super Mario RPG, so for all intents and purposes Geno is a third party character.

There is more than enough reason to believe that Sora or Erdrick would be the mystery Square Enix rep over Geno, especially because they would be absolutely massive reveals. If Steve and one of those two (particularly Sora) were to be revealed in the final Smash Bros. Direct, it could very well break the internet.
Full disclosure about Geno, PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate actually went through the old Geno threads to find legacy supporters (i.e. users who haven't actively shown their support for Geno in the Ultimate thread, but did so in the Brawl and Smash 4 threads; generally these guys probably no longer frequent the forums, but can be safely assumed to still support Geno); including those guys he's actually in the top 5.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Huh, we got a separate thread for discussing leaks now? Neat.

Full disclosure about Geno, PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate actually went through the old Geno threads to find legacy supporters (i.e. users who haven't actively shown their support for Geno in the Ultimate thread, but did so in the Brawl and Smash 4 threads; generally these guys probably no longer frequent the forums, but can be safely assumed to still support Geno); including those guys he's actually in the top 5.
I never actually finished that

Edit: I thought you were insulting me for some reason

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I find it really strange that Incineroar would be the only remaining actual Nintendo character in the base roster.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
KMDP KMDP I'm really tired, I thought you were insulting me for some reason

Edit: I didn't insult back but I was a little defensive

Last edited:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
I think this thread should be closed when there isn't any serious leak to discuss like the Ken one. The past 30 pages have been speculation, memes and false alarms and hype instead of analysis on a shady SE reps leak with zero proof. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I find it really strange that Incineroar would be the only remaining actual Nintendo character in the base roster.
I mean, it's not that surprising to me.

Sun/Moon was TPC pulling out all the stops to the point they released the games 4 times, and we've yet to see an Alola-based stage(It's more likely than not happening in my eyes),

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Here's my take:

Ima screenshot this and remind you of it when you're proven wrong ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom