• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
the main evidence this has is that its disappointing enough to sound believable

on the other hand for some people its too good to be true

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s what I think:

-DQ has been a major gaming icon since the early days. I remember playing it on the NES and thinking how awesome it was. And I was like...5 or 6? And I still remember playing it. It certainly is iconic, is HUUUUUUUGE here in Japan, and a protag in Smash would be hugely successful.

-Minecraft is also huge and is part of the Western Boom along with PPUGBG whatever that game is as well as Fortnite. I don’t like it but it would be popular DLC content. And I even admit that a Minecraft stage would look pretty awesome.

-Ryu Hayabusa is one of the oldie Goldie’s that first appeared on the NES and is like of like Simon. He doesn’t get that many new games out nor are they really popular but he’s iconic. Whereas Greninja is the jumping frog ninja and Sheik is a quick attack ninja...Ryu could be a more heavy hitting ninja that calls forth even more ninja...to do ninja things.

And finally Doomsayer. Again, a gem from the old days of killing Martian demons. I seriously love the idea but I have no idea how Sakurai would legitimately make this a character without totaling nerfing the bad stuff out. He gruesomely kills Demons with all matters of guns and explosive. And these are Umbra guns or Splattershots or Blunderbuses. These are shot guns that causes the chest cavity to explosive in a viscal spray of blood and gore. I just don’t see it happening without making the character extremely nerfed. Doomslayer would work better in KI or MK in my opinion.

But if he’s in and we do get Doom content, Sakurai, make that first level into a stage. I just want one chaotic, seizure inducing, totally ****ed up beyond reason stage.

Please do note this trailer is extremely graphic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
doom ain't getting in because of that whole reason
Same thing was going on with Metal Gear in 2005. I wonder what happened. You can't be too violent for Smash if the game is E10+, :ultsnake: you just need to toned down to an appropriate level :ultbayonetta:. Even Peach had to get rid of her panty shot when the games got downgraded from T.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot: Joker has a legit ****ing gun

minecraft would just suck despite what you people say
that has literally nothing to do with my point?

and hayabusa is generic and boring.
that has literally nothing to do with my point?

sorry for my biases not being your biases
Your biases ignore valid reasons for their inclusion. "Being boring" is nothing but an opinion. An opinion is fine, but it overall has no impact on the actual argument of their inclusion.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
So if Ryu Hayabusa is real which I really hope he is. Given that there is already a Ryu in Smash, would the announcer call him Ryu or Ryu Hayabusa?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch that the Brave character turns out to be Agumon.

-He's from a game called Digimon: Brave Tamer.
-His evolution song is called "Brave Heart"
-Bandai Namco is working on the game.

The internet would explode and a certain someone who supports his inclusion will be happy.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So if Ryu Hayabusa is real which I really hope he is. Given that there is already a Ryu in Smash, would the announcer call him Ryu or Ryu Hayabusa?
Why not just Hayabusa?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
joker/erdrick/doom guy/hayabusa/steve is legitimately worse than the smash 4 dlc and i actually like 3 out of 5 of those franchises

Excuse you, I am actually happy that we have potentially a character like doom guy that uses ranged weaponry in a more basic shooter style unlike Samus and megaman.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I'm not even seeing the "Too violent" aspect of Doomguy.

So he can't rip off limps or use the super shotty, so what?

Hell, even a goddamn chainsaw can be made acceptable as long as it's not cutting people in half and making them geyser blood.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Hell, even a goddamn chainsaw can be made acceptable as long as it's not cutting people in half and making them geyser blood.
Honestly after they gave Ridley a move which is literally ****ing called Skewer and the animation of said move, I'm very curious to see what Sakurai deems too violent

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly after they gave Ridley a move which is literally ****ing called Skewer and the animation of said move, I'm very curious to see what Sakurai deems too violent
The amazing thing is despite being in the game Sakurai managed to keep Ridley intact in terms of violence especially his victory where he's supposedly mauling someone.

Yeah Doomslayer would be no issue honestly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As long as it aint bloody it's all up for show.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

But Doomguy is 70% super shotgun.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The amazing thing is despite being in the game Sakurai managed to keep Ridley intact in terms of violence especially his victory where he's supposedly mauling someone.

Yeah Doomslayer would be no issue honestly.
I also remembered Ridley's reveal trailer. You know, where he crushes Mario's skull with his bare hands and impales Mega Man.

PEGI 12 my ass

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Case and point: :ultcorrin:

Speaking of which, both :ultcorrin: and :ultridley: have attacks where they literally skewer their opponent on a pointed limb or tail. That's brutal. Riddles especially is a great example of how a character can be depicted as wildly violent while still operating under Smash's cartoony physics.

Shroob

Sup?
I also remembered Ridley's reveal trailer. You know, where he crushes Mario's skull with his bare hands and impales Mega Man.

PEGI 12 my ***
Ya see.

As long as the lady don't show leg, you can let a lot of violence slide. Human anatomy is the devil after all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Exactly my thoughts.
No! No! Youre wrong! He's rated M!!!! This is an E10+ game, he'll never get in!! D-Doomguy and blood go hand in hand, why would they ever take it out?! It's a disservice to the c-character?

wojak.jpg

*cries in banjo-kazooie*

D

Deleted member

Doomguy would be godlike. I hope we get Crash instead of "Ryu HubbaHubba".

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, this is gonna be a weird question, but could they even put the 'Doom' song in Smash? Ya know the one from the OG Doom with the banging guitar riff.

I heard it was sampled from an actual rock song popular from the time.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

Shroob

Sup?
This is pretty uncomfortable after seeing a tweet about how twitch bans girls for tanktops but the guy who violently beat his wife on stream got unbanned a few minutes before seeing this post oof
That's....really unfortunate timing, my condolences Gwen.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
But Doomguy is 70% super shotgun.
Peach used a shotgun in Mario + Rabbids as her main weapon (they called it a Boomshot, but yeah), so...
Case and point: :ultcorrin:

Speaking of which, both :ultcorrin: and :ultridley: have attacks where they literally skewer their opponent on a pointed limb or tail. That's brutal. Riddles especially is a great example of how a character can be depicted as wildly violent while still operating under Smash's cartoony physics.
Meanwhile, everyone forgets to bring up Beetle Kirby in Triple Deluxe, Fighters Deluxe, and Star Allies. Like, they let Kirby skewer people and then suplex them while they’re still skewered, and people don’t seem to talk about that, haha...

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Hayabusa-kun isn't even a video game character. *gets called* OH RYU HAYABUSA
That reminds me, I'm surprised at the total lack of support and speculation I've seen for Kunio-kun, star of not one, but two very successful and well-known franchises on the NES (as well as many other systems over the years) in the form of River City Ransom and Super Dodge Ball.

Kunio-kun.png

If anyone needs him, he'll be crying over in the corner with Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon, Bill and Lance from Contra, and Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins. (Rumor has it that Goemon might be hiding around there somewhere in the shadows, too. Supposedly that was once the territory of Ryu Hayabusa, but he's been mysteriously absent lately...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom