• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How's about for DLC, maybe music? Don't get me wrong, as much as I love some of the music in this game, it feels like a lot is left to be desired.

I'm alright with the Fourside and Magicant remixes, but that's all EarthBound / MOTHER gets? Bayonetta, Sonic and Xenoblade gets absolutely no new remixes? Yes, Sonic Mania and XBC2 music is fine, but ****ing Metal Gear got two remixes and Peace Walker's theme, can we have a Moon River (Climax Mix) remix at the least?

I dunno, I feel as if while the music is great, there are some wild choices I can't say I agree with Sakurai and the dev team on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One of the dlc fighters is Mii Mage.

On a scale of 1-10, how mad are you?
I'm trying to think of how it is really different from Mii Gunner, honestly. Or some options among Mii Swordfighter. I'm sure it could be, but this is one of those you need to see the moveset to see how it stands out.

-------------

Speaking of the Gamexplain video, I couldn't tell if they were saying the Geno and Chocobo costumes were confirmed or just theorized as being back in.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me why we don't have Emoji Icons for costumes/alts yet? Like, female Robin, female Corrin, male Wii Fit Trainer, Bayo1 Bayonetta, AC Cloud, female Pokémon Trainer (Leaf), Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, the Koopalings, female Villager, Classic Wario, Meta Ridley, Tunic of the Wild Link, Hoody Little Mac, Wire Frame Little Mac (maybe Hoody Wireframe Mac too), maybe the Galacta Knight or Dark Meta Knight alts for Meta Knight..I'm just curious.
I mean, I have the Stock Icons for all characters' alts costumes, characters, colours, etc if they need them..I even separated the ones I named into its own ZIP File I can share.

Anyway, since we were talking about Wario Land/World Representation for
, this is what I'd love to see.

Something like this Mod for a Wario Castle stage that references the first level of my personal favorite Wario game, Wario Land II.

Wario Castle from Wario Land II. They could even have the Brown/Black Sugar Pirates show up to take it over as hazards, maybe even with a Capt. Syrup stage boss.
Main Theme - Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land

Big Bad Baddie - Wario Land II

Underwater Tunnels - Wario Land II

Skull Castle - Wario Land II

Greenhorn Forest - Wario World (might as well be its main theme)

Greenhorn Ruins - Wario World

Pecan Sands - Wario World

Paused - Wario World (not on its own, but part of some sort of Wario World Medley)

D

Deleted member

Can someone tell me why we don't have Emoji Icons for costumes/alts yet? Like, female Robin, female Corrin, male Wii Fit Trainer, Bayo1 Bayonetta, AC Cloud, female Pokémon Trainer (Leaf), Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, the Koopalings, female Villager, Classic Wario, Meta Ridley, Tunic of the Wild Link, Hoody Little Mac, Wire Frame Little Mac (maybe Hoody Wireframe Mac too), maybe the Galacta Knight or Dark Meta Knight alts for Meta Knight..I'm just curious.
I mean, I have the Stock Icons for all characters' alts costumes, characters, colours, etc if they need them..I even separated the ones I named into its own ZIP File I can share.

Anyway, since we were talking about Wario Land/World Representation for
, this is what I'd love to see.

Something like this Mod for a Wario Castle stage that references the first level of my personal favorite Wario game, Wario Land II.

Wario Castle from Wario Land II. They could even have the Brown/Black Sugar Pirates show up to take it over as hazards, maybe even with a Capt. Syrup stage boss.
Main Theme - Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land

Big Bad Baddie - Wario Land II

Underwater Tunnels - Wario Land II

Skull Castle - Wario Land II

Greenhorn Forest - Wario World (might as well be its main theme)

Greenhorn Ruins - Wario World

Pecan Sands - Wario World

Paused - Wario World (not on its own, but part of some sort of Wario World Medley)
Holy ****, someone else also remembers Wario World and the amazing music it had.

The fact we don't have Wario World music when this is supposed to be the "Ultimate" Smash Bros. game is ****ing wild, man.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
How's about for DLC, maybe music? Don't get me wrong, as much as I love some of the music in this game, it feels like a lot is left to be desired.

I'm alright with the Fourside and Magicant remixes, but that's all EarthBound / MOTHER gets? Bayonetta, Sonic and Xenoblade gets absolutely no new remixes? Yes, Sonic Mania and XBC2 music is fine, but ****ing Metal Gear got two remixes and Peace Walker's theme, can we have a Moon River (Climax Mix) remix at the least?

I dunno, I feel as if while the music is great, there are some wild choices I can't say I agree with Sakurai and the dev team on.
I’d be 100% up for music DLC. If you think the soundtrack “leaves a lot to be desired” as is though, you’re on crack :p

Xenoblade - Amazing music as is, doesn’t really need remixes
Bayonetta - As the last new series added, she pretty much got “new” treatment already. You can count her as getting remixes
Sonic - Not sure why people thought the music selection style would suddenly change for this series after multiple games of no remixes but new ports

LetterO

Smash Lord

And Wario. We not only got no new Wario remixes, but we got no new Wario songs at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't be upset at Mii Mage, either. i just know the salt mines would erupt if it happened, though.
I agree with Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth on this one, Gunner already uses a lot of "magical" attacks, not much point in adding a mage. (Plus, they're likely hard to make)

Holy ****, someone else also remembers Wario World and the amazing music it had.

The fact we don't have Wario World music when this is supposed to be the "Ultimate" Smash Bros. game is ****ing wild, man.
Call it "SP", then.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I just want the full rock remixes of Gaur Plains and Engage the Enemy that they used in the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Heck I don’t think they need to be remixed, Even though I got a lot of songs I wanted, there’s a few songs I think they missed out on like Hissocrat, Twilight of the Gods, Uprising’s Boss Battle 2, etc.

Tell me these songs wouldn’t fit these stages:
Hissocrat-3D Land or New Donk City Hall
Twilight of the Gods-Arena Ferox
Boss Battle 2-Reset Bomb Forest

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’d be 100% up for music DLC. If you think the soundtrack “leaves a lot to be desired” as is though, you’re on crack :p

Xenoblade - Amazing music as is, doesn’t really need remixes
Bayonetta - As the last new series added, she pretty much got “new” treatment already. You can count her as getting remixes
Sonic - Not sure why people thought the music selection style would suddenly change for this series after multiple games of no remixes but new ports
I thought the last new series we got was Castlevania. You mean in Smash For?

Personally, I don't think Bayonetta needs remixes, but even if vocal tracks are out of question, they could've add "You May Call Me Father". Though it still has a pretty good selection.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Besides FF music, I would have also liked to see Porky Means Business and Vs. Red.

Less specific, some more Xenoblade Chronicles 2 music and Paper Mario tracks would have been nice. As it is, I'm mostly content with the music selection.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then we should get a Mii Archer instead. Now I got myself wanting it.
Now that I could see stand out a lot more. Gunner isn't just a projectile user, it clearly has more focus on attacks that actually hit around similar to what one can do with traditional magic(as well as stage magic). The actual Mage outfit is for the Gunner too. Swordfighter covers the usual wands/staves as well.

Archer on the other hand is interesting. It could focus a bit more on something closer to Pit's dual-swords or even using arrows for various tilts instead. There's more than one way to do it. At the very least, they haven't already tried to make archery costumes yet, so unlike the Mages, there was no attempt to make it feel already represented.

It also might be a case where we haven't had any costumes from characters who have defined enough Mage movesets to justify a new Mii type. Besides that, I think the idea was to simplify the style a bit to cover as many archtypes as possible. We have the Swordfighter, who isn't just about swords, but using long weapons in general logically. Spears, Wands, Staves, Clubs. Gunner is pretty clear on what it does, mostly projectile-based, but otherwise uses Cannons, Armguns, etc. Brawler is obvious otherwise.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Oh, I know, I absolutely love Wario World, I had to refind it to buy it again a couple years ago as I'm slowly rebuilding my Gamecube collection (still need to find Star Fox Assault). At least Greenhorn Forest should really be in Smash.

I'm honestly kind of sad that Wario seems to only rep the WarioWare series in Smash..even the 1 Wario Land song they put in the game is just a remix of a song from WarioWare..making it not really a Wario Land song at all..

For that matter, I hate when the one song a particular series gets in Smash is just a remix from another game..like the previously mentioned Wario Land song and the 1 song they included from the Mega Man Zero series being Theme of Zero, itself a remix of Zero's Theme from Mega Man X (even the song name says this), Departure from Mega Man Zero 2 would have been a much better choice...for that matter, the lack of a MegaMan Battle Network song (particularly the main theme of the series) makes me sad since the other series got music in the game. I'll forgive Mega Man Legends since I've heard that game has a lot of licensing issues with its music and stuff during my days as a Capcom Moderator.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hopefully Nintendo plans in making Miis playable in Classic mode?
Considering Mii Fighters debuted in Smash, it's possible they had no easy theme/ideas for each Class to use. It shouldn't be that hard, but maybe they didn't like the idea of having them just based upon fighting Sword users, Fist users, and Gun/Armgun users? It might've not felt defined enough for each. There's at least easy bosses. Ganon(Swordfighter), Master Hand(Brawler), and Duon(Gunner) for bosses. The rest is using appropriately similar characters. Being every Classic has an overall theme, even though some aren't strictly from their own games alone(Lucario isn't, but it still fits his character), it's easily possible they couldn't think of a way to define them properly. It doesn't help that Mii Fighters have no games they play a story role in either, so they lack a lot of characterization.

So basically ideas were hard.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also I sincerely hope the third party costumers didn't disappear to be resold again as DLC all over.

I can't see that going over well no matter who the costumers are. Rehashing content twice for resell is NEVER a good look.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also I sincerely hope the third party costumers didn't disappear to be resold again as DLC all over.

I can't see that going over well no matter who the costumers are. Rehashing content twice for resell is NEVER a good look.
It is for businesses. They have to pay again to license the costume. For them, it's easy money. It's pretty likely this is why too.

I won't pretend it's not annoying, but I expected it as soon as we found out all the 3rd party costumes were gone. At least they're still cheap. Also, you only pay for what's in the game. I'd be more annoyed if it was a port that tried to resell the costumes. But it's a new game. So new licenses and all. Also, how many 3rd party costumes were base roster in 4 anyway?

osby

Smash Obsessed

That would be sad, but I guess I prefer it to not having them at all. I hope they at least justify it in case it happens.

Watch people who don't buy Mii costumes complain regardless

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Considering Mii Fighters debuted in Smash, it's possible they had no easy theme/ideas for each Class to use. It shouldn't be that hard, but maybe they didn't like the idea of having them just based upon fighting Sword users, Fist users, and Gun/Armgun users? It might've not felt defined enough for each. There's at least easy bosses. Ganon(Swordfighter), Master Hand(Brawler), and Duon(Gunner) for bosses. The rest is using appropriately similar characters. Being every Classic has an overall theme, even though some aren't strictly from their own games alone(Lucario isn't, but it still fits his character), it's easily possible they couldn't think of a way to define them properly. It doesn't help that Mii Fighters have no games they play a story role in either, so they lack a lot of characterization.

Maybe their Classic Modes could be them battling characters meant to represent the player? :ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultvillager::ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultmiifighters: ending with those bosses?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe their Classic Modes could be them battling characters meant to represent the player? :ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultvillager::ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultmiifighters: ending with those bosses?
Actually same proposition has been made in Isaac thread yesterday. It...caused a debate, to say the least.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman

I kind of wish they were added to the random button at least lol

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
What is he even trying to prove?
Piranha Plant is already known to the public, and we already know it's basic moveset...
What is he gonna gain out of it?
What fake info is he claiming to have?
You got my comment early. Was a false alarm, he had nothing but a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom