• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Still waiting to get Ultimate so I can disguise myself as one of you all online for no reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You're taking this Poochy stuff a little too seriously, honestly. TBH no one in Smash apart from characters with actual household name recognition is "A big deal". And honestly? Outside the echo chamber that is the internet and fanbases, very few Smash characters are actually that popular.
Use your head. We're talking paid DLC.

:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:
Fan requests/Veteran fighters

:4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta: :Joker:
Third party protagonists meant to attract fanbases

:4corrin:
Promotion for an upcoming release (outside Japan) that they are the protagonist of

:ultpiranha:
Bonus gift for the lulz that is something every gamer would recognize

Where exactly does Poochy fit in all of this?
Poochy isn't a third party protagonist, isn't a big fan request, isn't someone who's been a fighter in Smash before, isn't someone that would be recognizable to the general gaming community, and wouldn't be a bonus gift since he'd be part of the Fighter's Pass.
The closest thing would be promotion, except not only is Poochy only just a supporting character, but the game already has promotion within Smash through the Crafted Yoshi alt.
Promotions are never double-dipped. Why do you think we got Inklings in Ultimate instead of as DLC for Smash Wii U/3DS after the Mii Costumes were added as promotion?

Sylux is another one that I feel is overstated for the same exact reasons, although he could actually promote Metroid Prime 4 if he is in fact the main antagonist like what is speculated and given several hints at throughout the years. That has more of a case than Poochy just because "he appears in Crafted World and the only Spirit of his is Yarn Poochy".

The very fact this is upsetting you as much as it seems it is tells me your not a fan of the idea and are purposely picking fights about it. Also, for one speaking about objectivity, you just threw your opinion of a subjective matter as objective and "logical".
What truly upsets me is people like you who go out of your way to generalize me and my points and think they're funny by doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Can't live without them wanting my life savings.

Can't die without them wanting my life savings.

Guess I'll......ascend?
You could always join the military and put your life on the line for affordable healthcare even though in other countries it's a right
Honestly just avoid paying taxes, you'll have plenty of many for medical bills by then. If they catch you, fake your death and go off the grid. It's what I did.

Shroob

Sup?
You could always join the military and put your life on the line for affordable healthcare even though in other countries it's a right
Honestly just avoid paying taxes, you'll have plenty of many for medical bills by then. If they catch you, fake your death and go off the grid. It's what I did.
I don't think I'd be able to manage it like :ultyoshi: does.

D

Deleted member

Ok, here's why I think Porky's missing Spirit is very suspicious. The big 3 when it comes to missing spirits are Porky, Poochy, and Sylux.

However, Poochy and Sylux could just be promotional Spirits. Nintendo can release Spirits to promote games, as we've seen this with the Partner Pikachu and Eevee Spirits. Porky has nothing to promote. Porky was a boss in Brawl, and is an antagonist for Earthbound and Mother 3. To see a big figure in the franchise suddenly not show up at all, not even as a PNG to use online is very fishy.
I'm actually under the belief there's an in-joke about why Porky isn't one.

Because of the Absolutely Safe Capsule, which kept him "absolutely safe" from being affected by Galeem and becoming the Spirit instead.

Shroob

Sup?
Broke: Yoshi commits tax fraud.

Woke: Every time Mario uses Yoshi as an extra jump, he's helping Yoshi fake his death to continue Yoshi's tax evasion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Because of the Absolutely Safe Capsule, which kept him "absolutely safe" from being affected by Galeem and becoming the Spirit instead.
I know you're making me sleep on the couch but this is ****ing woke lol

Like a month now and nobody's pointed this out

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Geez Louise, Fisher!

What the hell? I haven't had that much stuff since I was a kid.

Also, noticed "Socks" in there. :laugh:
Is it really Christmas if you don’t get at least one sock like some kind of freed house elf?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Still hurtin over u being a mean to me earlier Golden...thought we were Incinibuds...
I propose we migrate over to the

PYROAR PEOPLE!

Celebrating a certain other furry, fierce, fire-y cat; Pyroar! We didn't get anything in Ultimate, but maybe by hmmm Smash 10 we'll be a Pokeball LOL

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I propose we migrate over to the

PYROAR PEOPLE!

Celebrating a certain other furry, fierce, fire-y cat; Pyroar! We didn't get anything in Ultimate, but maybe by hmmm Smash 10 we'll be a Pokeball LOL
Personally I propose that I get right the **** outta here I'm only here for one fire cat

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Personally I propose that I get right the **** outta here I'm only here for one fire cat
I shall take my shameless advertising elsewhere

The Pyroar People is open to all though, if you change your mind ;). We currently have one member, me LOL

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is it really Christmas if you don’t get at least one sock like some kind of freed house elf?
I got socks last year, only started wearing them a few months ago (I don't go through them very fast).

This year I got a Jumper (Sweater).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah, they got fighter spirits. You don't actually get the trainer's spirit for clearing classic mode, instead you get Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard spirits all at once.

Not that I take spirits seriously as "deconfirmations" at all. Although I'd say Cynthia's chances are still pretty :083:. I can't imagine them doing the Pokemon Trainer gimmick a second time, especially for DLC. And even if they did they'd probably do another protagonist over a champion.
I understand she’s not that high on the radar, especially for these current packs, I’m just offering her as an alternative to an 8th gen character, aka someone who is brand new without any indication if people will warm up to them as opposed to someone highly popular with an established following for a change.

She could be a promotional pick if they have OR&AS remakes of Gen 4

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

LetterO

Smash Lord
I know you're making me sleep on the couch but this is ****ing woke lol

Like a month now and nobody's pointed this out

It's been pointed out before, but I really doubt a joke is the reason why Porky just gets excluded from everything, including an online icon which has nothing to do with Spirits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still hurtin over u being a mean to me earlier Golden...thought we were Incinibuds...
Look.
It was never my intention to be "mean". I'm just blunt.
Very blunt.

If someone's coming at me saying something is nonsense, I'm going to call them out on it if there is a simple concept that isn't being grasped and instead being labeled as nonsense.

I apologize if you took it as a direct assault, but please understand my harshness was towards the argument being made. I didn't want to continue the debate if that argument wasn't corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom