• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Have you ever played Hyrule Warriors?

Making Impa an echo would be a last resort...
Dark Samus says hi
I'd say Impa won't even be in this DLC at all considering their aim is characters you wouldn't expect would be in Smash (along those lines).
She'd probably be in the 'They're Finally Here" pack as a non-echo.

Though I wouldn't be shocked if they do release free echos along the way, sporadically....

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still remember the horrible time of being a Dark pit fan during the smash 4 era where everyone treated Dark pit like garbage because they thought he wasted a slot. When Sakurai said he didn't om still very salty from that.
He's still not exactly beloved, but hey, I stopped giving a **** about what other people think, so it's an improvement. I got a character I like in Smash and that's all I care.

D

Deleted member

I do kinda hope we get DLC seasons tbh

Season 1: "Out Of Left Field"
Season 2: "Sakurai Bias :troll:"
Season 3: "They're Finally Here!" performing for you, if you know the words you can join in too
Season 4: "Nobody Asked, So Here They Are Anyway!"
Season 5: "Characters That Cater Only to Very Specific Fans!"
With Chocobo, Boshi, the Character in Gentlepanda Gentlepanda 's avatar, uhhhh someone else, and Zoe Trent

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
On the brightside I can taunt to that one annyoing Dixie who said Dark pit took a slot from Dixie well at least Dark pit is playble in smash

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Oh my gosh, the Guitarist Rosalina concept art for Odyssey is something I didn't know I needed.

Please include the scrapped concept art in a second game or DLC somehow.
In Mario Odyssey we still get new Mario costumes for free...

Would be cool to receive alt skins for the chars for free in upcoming dates, like Guitarist Rosalina, Venom Snake or TP Link

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Hey remember when people thought Shadow would be a guarantee in ultimate but he wasn't good times man good times

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Remember when everyone Thought the Grinch leak was real and when it wasn't people got mad at Sakurai even though they believed it was real

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
In Mario Odyssey we still get new Mario costumes for free...

Would be cool to receive alt skins for the chars for free in upcoming dates, like Guitarist Rosalina, Venom Snake or TP Link
How metal would it be to see Rosie jist smacking ******* with a guitar and then using the little stick thingy they play it with to do the magic.

Damn it. Stop giving me hope

Flyboy

Smash Hero
During the No More Heroes stream Suda confirmed Travis isn't in Smash this go around but is saying he wants Travis Strikes Again to sell well so he can make No More Heroes 3 and make it happen next time. Sad, but the game still looks great and I know it was just a remote chance anyway. I knew I wasn't gonna be lucky enough to get all my out-there dreams.

C'mon, Phoenix!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Edea Lee would be awesome in Smash tbh
I think a lot of people want/would expect Agnes more though...

And the "pls nothing remotely fanservicey" people would ironically pick ringabel

and Tiz would be the one who ended up getting in anyway
The case for Edea (I say, as if there's a case for Bravely Default characters at all) is that she's the dev's favourite, is the de-facto mascot of their twitter page and is generally more popular than Tiz.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The case for Edea (I say, as if there's a case for Bravely Default characters at all) is that she's the dev's favourite and is the de-facto mascot of their twitter page and is generally more popular than Tiz.
Believe me, I'd prefer Edea also

Just thinking that the most boring (and therefore safest) guess is The Protagonist ™

Pakky

Smash Hero
How would people react to Scorpion and or Sub-Zero and Scorpion fighting over one invitation?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Believe me, I'd prefer Edea also

Just thinking that the most boring (and therefore safest) guess is The Protagonist ™
Tbh there's a decent case for each of the original four. Tiz is Mr Protagonist™ Himself (playable in both current games), Agnes was pushed (successfully or not) as the face of the franchise on box/promo art, Ringabel is the apparent focus of Bravely Third and so would be promotional, and Edea is arguably the most popular among the devs/players (and is also playable in both games).

That being said, I'm not sure a Bowser Jr. type scenario where each character is a different skin (with their Second look as an alt) would be the best choice either, unless they could change taunts/victory poses to best match their personalities per character.

so edea it is

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I love how peeps were so exsited and happy they just had to leave the room[/QUOTE]

Dude, the trailer of Everyone is here was dope too, I literally screamed of joy when I saw Snake, that amigo kept me waiting!!

Pakky

Smash Hero
So, happy or mad if Skrillex version of 'Reptile; got into Smash?

Would have three remixes of this though

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Tbh there's a decent case for each of the original four. Tiz is Mr Protagonist™ Himself (playable in both current games), Agnes was pushed (successfully or not) as the face of the franchise on box/promo art, Ringabel is the apparent focus of Bravely Third and so would be promotional, and Edea is arguably the most popular among the devs/players (and is also playable in both games).

That being said, I'm not sure a Bowser Jr. type scenario where each character is a different skin (with their Second look as an alt) would be the best choice either, unless they could change taunts/victory poses to best match their personalities per character.

so edea it is
I don't think a skinned character swap for them would be great either.
It would be pretty sad considering the stark contrast in personality and "optimal stats/best classes"... :p

I was saying I'd play all 4 of them at once as a mega ice climber hahaha
(Or... uh... Pokemon Trainer)

how Toasty.
:warioc:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I now have all 1297 spirits in Smash! Surprised that there was no notification for that, or getting all of the music, but I'm glad that none of them are locked behind insanely difficult challenges or require you to play online.

Sure, the number of spirits is going to go up when the Pokémon Let's Go spirits are made available to the general public (and when we get more promotional spirits), or when the DLC comes out, but I'm relieved to have accomplished this much.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I do kinda hope we get DLC seasons tbh

Season 1: "Out Of Left Field"
Season 2: "Sakurai Bias :troll:"
Season 3: "They're Finally Here!" performing for you, if you know the words you can join in too
Season 4: "Nobody Asked, So Here They Are Anyway!"
Season 5: "This is Playstation All Stars 2 now!"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I was saying I'd play all 4 of them at once as a mega ice climber hahaha
who would win: 8 of these VS fountain of dreams

render gonna be them all stumbling over one another to squeeze into the tiny VS screen frame

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The case for Edea (I say, as if there's a case for Bravely Default characters at all) is that she's the dev's favourite, is the de-facto mascot of their twitter page and is generally more popular than Tiz.
Make her go 'Mgr gr gr gr' whenever she gets hit for an off-screen KO or when losing a stamina battle and Im all for it.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Anyone watch the Suda 51 Presentation? I know its a long shot but I was curious if we got any Travis Smash information. 100% gonna be none, but still.

D

Deleted member

Everyone sleeping on the Square rep being from Octopath Traveler. Not just one character, the whole party fights at the same time. It's like the Ice Climbers except with eight at one time.
Their Challenger Pack comes with the character, a travelling stage around the Octopath world, the entire OST and it removes the ability to play with two players or more to avoid bricking your system.
Not going to add anything constructive, but your new icon is top tier.
29534b58-92e9-4a95-a562-19efab4ede75.jpg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
who would win: 8 of these VS fountain of dreams

render gonna be them all stumbling over one another to squeeze into the tiny VS screen frame
quick someone find out how to clone pokeballs

8 Bravely Default, Ditto Only, Fountain of Dreams

EDIT: This was my 10,500th post lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom