• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I just went into local multiplayer Versus.

Je-SUS why is the "Ready to Fight!" banner so big, so wide, and in a curved position? It covers 90% of the cast! Makes swapping characters way too jarring than it should be.

Do Sakurai and co. think we only use one character all the time? A lot of these design decisions make it seem so.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wish that Varia Samus had gotten better, but Ridley could probably make up for it.
  1. I think you can just say "Samus", pretty much everyone would understand you are talking about her regular form
  2. She got better, though. Her attributes, grabs/throws, aerials and specials have all been buffed. don't let Idon hear this

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Over my 60 hours of playtime and watching various top level players, this is what I've compiled so far

Cool list!
Only thing super sticking out to me right now is I think peach and daisy are a little low. I don’t really know much about them(since unreal hard to play as) but I think almost all top players have had them as high/top tier

Also I think palutena would be in a or b...
She’s so improved.
Super fast, her nair is legit insane, explosive flame has a huge lingering hit box that ruins people recovering and ledge options. Autoreticle actually works now, her dash and bair are busted, up air is relatively easy to land, her tilts kill(bizarre) and her upsmash is really strong.

She honestly a really solid character and is super fun to play as!
I would def recommend to try her out again even if you thought she was clunky in 4!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Same: "Mario", "Dario", "Lario"

And Fox, Fax, Wax
Also Marth, Larth, Rarth and Carth
Gross. Only works on the Samuses and Links. Dr. Mario is simply called Doc and everyone else by their name.

Get it right, filthy casual.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Cool list!
Only thing super sticking out to me right now is I think peach and daisy are a little low. I don’t really know much about them(since unreal hard to play as) but I think almost all top players have had them as high/top tier

Also I think palutena would be in a or b...
She’s so improved.
Super fast, her nair is legit insane, explosive flame has a huge lingering hit box that ruins people recovering and ledge options. Autoreticle actually works now, her dash and bair are busted, up air is relatively easy to land, her tilts kill(bizarre) and her upsmash is really strong.

She honestly a really solid character and is super fun to play as!
I would def recommend to try her out again even if you thought she was clunky in 4!
Yeah I put Palutena in the ??? section because I don't know where to place her. Haven't had enough high level play of her for me to really judge

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I put Palutena in the ??? section because I don't know where to place her. Haven't had enough high level play of her for me to really judge
Yeah, I feel like it might take people awhile to start using her, as sometimes people think bad characters will still translate over as bad into a new game.

But Nairo said he’s considering maining her...so hopefully there will be A LOT of high level play of her soon!

D

Deleted member

Me, a Ganon main touching literally any other character: "I can still go back to the stage... even if I get hit offstage!?!?"

D

Deleted member

1. I think you can just say "Samus", pretty much everyone would understand you are talking about her regular form
  2. She got better, though. Her attributes, grabs/throws, aerials and specials have all been buffed. don't let Idon hear this
Cool then.

Also, should we consider Joker an Atlus rep more than a SEGA rep? Or the other way around?

If he acts as a new SEGA rep, then the company is the only third party with three playable franchises in Smash at the moment (Sonic the Hedgehog, Bayonetta and Persona).

Last edited by a moderator:

Untouch

Smash Master
I think if we end up getting a DQ rep announced, DOOMguy may actually have a fairly large chance.
I was thinking Dragonborn is more likely, but DOOM Switch released before Skyrim Switch, meaning they were probably both planned around the same time.
If a DQ rep is in, I think my theory that Nintendo made deals with third parties to bring games to the switch early on for spots in Smash feels likely, SMTV was announced at the Switch event afterall.

The only other AAA company that announced games before the Switch event was Ubisoft which already has a large presence in Ultimate...

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Over my 60 hours of playtime and watching various top level players, this is what I've compiled so far

Nice list! Although as a Dr. Mario main I think you guys are in for a surprise this time around. He's one of the sleeper characters this time around and definitely miles ahead of Mario. The tornado is insanely strong and basically does what Luigi's did but it's even stronger. Couple that with the fact that you don't even have to jump before you do it now and you have a move that's good on the ground, as a recovery tool and as a killing tool off the edge.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Me, a Ganon main touching literally any other character: "I can still go back to the stage... even if I get hit offstage!?!?"
Basically had to stop trying to Dair so much with :ultwolf:. Only gave me more trouble than good lol.

D

Deleted member

I think if we end up getting a DQ rep announced, DOOMguy may actually have a fairly large chance.
I was thinking Dragonborn is more likely, but DOOM Switch released before Skyrim Switch, meaning they were probably both planned around the same time.
If a DQ rep is in, I think my theory that Nintendo made deals with third parties to bring games to the switch early on for spots in Smash feels likely, SMTV was announced at the Switch event afterall.

The only other AAA company that announced games before the Switch event was Ubisoft which already has a large presence in Ultimate...
I think that Activision also announced the Skylanders Imaginators port during that time too (which released at the system’s launch alongside Zelda and Bomberman, btw).

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Not at all what I said. I just don't think a Smash rep is required, and I think if they have any choice in the matter, they'd be better off using a slightly faltering IP to potentially bring it back into positive spotlight. Representation in Smash isn't the only form of advertisement.

Plus, the entire discussion here has been around Dovahkiin in Smash. That wouldn't really do a whole lot to help advertise TES 6.

I'm with this 100%. I don't think Solaire would be AS crazy and outlandish as Joker, but definitely up there. For sure a character many would love, plus all your points add up. He wouldn't be hard to add, would fit the more mature theme that I personally believe is driving the Fighters Pack as a whole, has an Amiibo, etc. Honestly feels kinda likely all things considered.
Oh ****, sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about advertising through Smash. Yeah, no, Elder Scrolls isn't the right series for Smash.

D

Deleted member

Cool then.

Also, should we consider Joker an Atlus rep more than a SEGA rep? Or the other way around?

If he acts as a new SEGA rep, then the company is the only third party with three playable franchises in Smash at the moment (Sonic the Hedgehog, Bayonetta and Persona).
"Reps" don't exist in the first place, whether they're considered one or the other changes nothing but I refuse to consider Bayo or Joker anything but Platinum Games and Atlus characters, respectively, because it were those companies who made their games, not SEGA.

D

Deleted member

"Reps" don't exist in the first place, whether they're considered one or the other changes nothing but I refuse to consider Bayo or Joker anything but Platinum Games and Atlus characters, respectively, because it were those companies who made their games, not SEGA.
Fair enough.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cool then.

well Joker belongs to Atlus, so Atlus
Sega is Atlus' Mom and Joker is Atlus' kid so Joker is Segas grandchild

idk what Im talking about

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
So Slime from DQ (being the embodiment of all slime) or Chocobo from FF (being the embodiment of every class in FF)?

D

Deleted member

So Slime from DQ (being the embodiment of all slime) or Chocobo from FF (being the embodiment of every class in FF)?
Are you ****ing daft? You act as if there's actually a choice here.
CHOCOBO YOU MORON

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Nice list! Although as a Dr. Mario main I think you guys are in for a surprise this time around. He's one of the sleeper characters this time around and definitely miles ahead of Mario. The tornado is insanely strong and basically does what Luigi's did but it's even stronger. Couple that with the fact that you don't even have to jump before you do it now and you have a move that's good on the ground, as a recovery tool and as a killing tool off the edge.
Yeah I was considering putting him higher but until he gets some needed speed buffs I'm gonna just say him and mario are around the same level

Pakky

Smash Hero
Are you ****ing daft? You act as if there's actually a choice here.
CHOCOBO YOU MORON
Chocobo theme... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! So good.

Though the DQ theme is dank as hell.

Do I want characters or music??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I feel like it might take people awhile to start using her, as sometimes people think bad characters will still translate over as bad into a new game.

But Nairo said he’s considering maining her...so hopefully there will be A LOT of high level play of her soon!
Autoreticle has crazy range now, it's so cheese. I love it.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't have even bought brawl if it weren't for environmental noises
lol
But seriously, Stages are cool and all, items too, but what I look for is the Characters and the Music. More so the Characters, though. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom