• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hype 4 that would make sense for most and whom I would like.

Scorpion

Slime

Nightmare/Ivy

Banjo&Kazooie/ Master Chief (I'm serious)
Here, let me try

My Hype 4
  • Any Rhythm Heaven Rep
  • Edelgard
  • Slime
  • Steve
My goodness, I have controversial tastes...

D

Deleted member

Crash could also have chances as DLC if we go with the Switch Reveal event thing.

Activision announced there the Skylanders Imaginators port that released the same day as the system, and they are still supporting the Switch mostly with the Crash stuff (the latest one at the moment being Crash Team Racing).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
yeah verge said the SE character would be the first one revealed

Granted, getting one thing wrong doesn't necessarily mean he has ZERO credibility but with how unclear and uncertain he's been with the DLC character, it's clear that DLC is a whole different ball game then the main game (where verge 100% had inside info)
Well, someone said he said a SE character was likely to be announced, but still, considering how Nintendo and Sakurai planned the VGA awards trailer for Joker, I’d say likely or not, Verge was wrong to begin with. :p

D

Deleted member

Just compare it with a fanart to notice everything that is wrong:
View attachment 182639
I don't understand how a full on team of artists and character designers with professional training can do worse then one fanartist

or maybe the fault is on the director for deciding sonic the ****ing hedgehog should have realistic muscles and fur cause the art is REALLY good. Very much ATBGE

D

Deleted member

Reminder that the Sonic fandom is sharing the same thoughts on something after many years thanks to the poster.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
yeah verge said the SE character would be the first one revealed

Granted, getting one thing wrong doesn't necessarily mean he has ZERO credibility but with how unclear and uncertain he's been with the DLC character, it's clear that DLC is a whole different ball game then the main game (where verge 100% had inside info)
I'd assume that the Nintendo Ninjas caught on and decided to make the DLC very hard to leak, and so far, they have succeeded

D

Deleted member

I'd assume that the Nintendo Ninjas caught on and decided to make the DLC very hard to leak, and so far, they have succeeded
yep, especially with all the apparent leak bait being thrown around as well. They even prevented any major picture/video leak this time for base!

D

Deleted member

Activision: We are making a new CTR, have some cookies to build up hype! See ya at the Awards! :)

Nintendo: *points at leakers with a kathana*

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
First: Bowser
Last: Either going to be Ken, Corrin, or Palutena. I have a rematch with Snake so he won't be last.

Seems to be a recurring thing that Palutena is last. Sakurai bias I say!!!
It was Ken. It would have been Palutena, but Ken and his Focus Attack cancelling jank on Boxing Ring tho.

Now Everyone is Here......oh crap there's two fighters coming.

D

Deleted member

Only 2 weeks until Christmas! I can survive without playing Ultimate for that long, right...? Hahaha, haha, ha... :cry:

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet

Not even Sega likes what happen to Sonic eyes... what did they do!? WHAT DID THEY DO!?!?
When the parent company doesn't like what you've done with the movie, there is a huge problem. God this movie will most likely suck and I hate to say that. I would've rather had an animated movie with the plot of Sonic Adventure 1 adapted for theaters.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I did Chrom's classic mode. Daisy nearly screwed me over. A green shell spawned as I did my forward-air. It hits the shell but she did a forward-air herself at the same time. Nearly killed me, bro.

His classic mode is fun. I like the ones that give you a teammate or have an unique gimmick (i,.e: Ryu, or Bowser) to them.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Not even Sega likes what happen to Sonic eyes... what did they do!? WHAT DID THEY DO!?!?
When people with bad taste say YOU have bad taste, there's a problem.

Also I like how the eyes are the problem and not well all of it...

D

Deleted member

Wasn't that Ken leak legit, though?
Yeah, but that wasn't really "major" considering it was one echo fighter who was already widely speculated. There was nothing comparable to the ESRB leak
I did Chrom's classic mode. Daisy nearly screwed me over. A green shell spawned as I did my forward-air. It hits the shell but she did a forward-air herself at the same time. Nearly killed me, bro.

His classic mode is fun. I like the ones that give you a teammate or have an unique gimmick (i,.e: Ryu, or Bowser) to them.
Damus has the most fun classic mode, imo. It's theming is so great!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, but that wasn't really "major" considering it was one echo fighter who was already widely speculated. There was nothing comparable to the ESRB leak

Damus has the most fun classic mode, imo. It's theming is so great!
I liked Ryu’s and Megaman’s too.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Half of me was hoping the Sonic movie would blow away everyone's expectations.

The other half of me was hoping the Sonic movie would look bad just because it would perfectly reflect what Sega has been doing to the franchise over the years.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh... I didn't watch the Game Awards. :laugh:
Well, let's just say you missed out on one of the most hype reveals in Smash history...
Then again, I shouldn't be talking, I stopped watching and went to sleep, a bit before Joker got announced...
What company is responsible for the abomination that is the Sonic Movie, anyway?
Paramount

It could've been even worse, It was originally gonna be done by Sony...

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Took a few snapshots of Ultimate last night. Man, I love the new picture mode.

47689506_482603815595484_2636197123229483008_n.jpg

48110907_482603682262164_3766853723532296192_n.jpg

I managed to take this while trying to get the first picture:
48087963_482631198926079_6298507374227357696_n.jpg

D

Deleted member

well, let's just say you missed out on one of the most hype reveals in Smash history...
Honestly I wouldn't have been all that excited
I'm not excited for him at all actually
I just can't be angry because his franchise deserved it more than Bayonetta
Paramount...

It could've been worse, It was originally gonna be done by Sony...
Hm, okay. I really only know Paramount as the company that distributed the Nick Jr. DVD collections. I watched a lot of Blue's Clues as a kid, heh. :laugh:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
It's a shame, because I knew that the Sonic movie was going to be bad, but I was really hoping that it would be funny bad, as a Sonic movie should be. After seeing that teaser, I know it's gonna be bad bad, and that makes me sad sad.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I wouldn't have been all that excited
I'm not excited for him at all actually
I just can't be angry because his franchise deserved it more than Bayonetta
Good old "deserved".

I didn't missed it at all.

It's a shame, because I knew that the Sonic movie was going to be bad, but I was really hoping that it would be funny bad, as a Sonic movie should be. After seeing that teaser, I know it's gonna be bad bad, and that makes me sad sad.
It's sad, because human actors seems to be good, Sonic's voice is a good pick and a road-trip plot can be interesting...but that design...

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can still see it be funny bad, tbh with ya
Hm, okay. I really only know Paramount as the company that distributed the Nick Jr. DVD collections. I watched a lot of Blue's Clues as a kid, heh. :laugh:
They're one of the big 6 Hollywood film studios (Soon to be 5, because Disney's buying fellow film studio, Twentieth Century Fox...). You might know them as the guys who distribute the Transformers movies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom