• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>Illumination
>Good

I don't expect the creators of the Minion Movie and Sing make something other than mediocre
The thing is, Illumination movies aren't horrible past... well, the writing is grating.

If Nintendo is in fact on board with this (and they are), it might end up being entertaining. I wouldn't make that much of a judgement until we get some kind of preview.

I'd say the same about the sonic movie, but you know how everyone is about weird sonic shapes.

D

Deleted member

So about how long after purchase did you guys get your P L A N T code? I haven't gotten mine yet and I prepurchased the game 2 days before launch :(

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
So about how long after purchase did you guys get your P L A N T code? I haven't gotten mine yet and I prepurchased the game 2 days before launch :(
I got it 4 days after I pre-ordered the game from the eShop on Nov 1st. Turns out I didn't even know that I got the e-mail until yesterday because I'm dumb.

D

Deleted member

Is there a thread somewhere around the forums for creative Mii characters? I saw a fighter Mii on reddit made to look like Froppy from My Hero Academia. I was wondering we just had a compilation thread around here; I'd like to get some nice Mii characters in there to vary it up lol.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ooh hype four? I have 2 sets:

3rd Party:
1. Banjo
2. Masterchief
3. Rayman
4. Dr Robotnik

1st Party:
1. King Wart (Just a really cool throwback)
2. Tingle (Would be hilarious)
3. Mr Resetti
4. Black Shadow (only as a unique character)

Disclaimer: These characters wouldn't cause hype in the community, but I would be hyped

D

Deleted member

3rd Party:
1. Rayman
2. Geno
3. Gunvolt
4. Zoe Trent

1st Party:
1. Poochy
2. Giygas
3. Sylux
4. Nester or Captain N

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The thing is, Illumination movies aren't horrible past... well, the writing is grating.

If Nintendo is in fact on board with this (and they are), it might end up being entertaining. I wouldn't make that much of a judgement until we get some kind of preview.

I'd say the same about the sonic movie, but you know how everyone is about weird sonic shapes.
At the very least, Illumination has a good track record with the box office.

Even if the movie is torture like some of their other films, at least Nintendo will have an incentive to look further into the film industry. Perhaps they'll use other franchises besides Pokemon and Mario (and hopefully find someone else besides Illumination).

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So what’s been the most difficult spirit battles for everybody? For me...

Rayman
Dr. Wily
Funky Kong
Jeff
9 volt and 18 volt

I have only managed to beat Rayman and Funky Kong. These just feel incredibly hard to me, you end up just getting batted back and forth and ko’d early.

D

Deleted member

I wish Sakurai would do what he did for Kid Icarus and make us a new Ice Climber game on the scale of Super Mario 3D World

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
The new sonic model at least from what I've seen looks ****ing horrific, it's pure nightmare fuel. Sonic does not work in that style they're going with. It looks ugly as **** and this is coming from the perspective of a person who already wasn't expecting anything to begin with from this movie. It's bad and honestly they need to change it, they're trying to sale this movie to children not scar them for life.

R O F L

Smash Ace

Rayman
Dr. Wily
Funky Kong
Jeff
9 volt and 18 volt

I have only managed to beat Rayman and Funky Kong. These just feel incredibly hard to me, you end up just getting batted back and forth and ko’d early.

I haven't finished World of Light yet, but the only person I can remember having trouble on was Rover. (I have it on Hard BTW)
Also, I don't remember what I did, but I beat Rayman first try.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

3rd Party:
1. Banjo
2. Masterchief
3. Rayman
4. Dr Robotnik

1st Party:
1. King Wart (Just a really cool throwback)
2. Tingle (Would be hilarious)
3. Mr Resetti
4. Black Shadow (only as a unique character)

Disclaimer: These characters wouldn't cause hype in the community, but I would be hyped
Master Chief is not a third party IP he's a Microsoft first party IP.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Master Chief is not a third party IP he's a Microsoft first party IP.
The intention was to have "Nintendo owned" vs "Not Nintendo owned", I don't think I need to go into that much detail, it gets the point across.

D

Deleted member

Rayman
Dr. Wily
Funky Kong
Jeff
9 volt and 18 volt

I can only think of one off the top my head at the moment: Paulina. And its just because its on that stupid Arcade Donkey Kong map

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Is there a thread somewhere around the forums for creative Mii characters? I saw a fighter Mii on reddit made to look like Froppy from My Hero Academia. I was wondering we just had a compilation thread around here; I'd like to get some nice Mii characters in there to vary it up lol.
Seconded on this. My Mii selection is lacking and I need ideas.

D

Deleted member

So there was a "Hype 4" game for in and out of Nintendo Properties? Mine would be...

1st Party Hype 4
A) Paper Mario (I know he could be done uniquely)
2) Hades
c) Toon Tetra
) Pig Ganon

Non-Nintendo Hype 4
a) Shantae
) KOS-MOS
C) Crash Bandicoot
4) Laharl

Seconded on this. My Mii selection is lacking and I need ideas.
I'll see if I can find the QR code for Froppy (and give credit to its originator) and use it to start a thread. Hopefully it grows in popularity and we can get a nice Mii roster going

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
My hype 4: Phoenix Wright.

Honestly that's it. Base roster additions covered nearly everything I want.

But to play along:

Third party:

1. Phoenix
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Master Chief
4. Sora

I get the only one I truly want, two icons from different eras on two different systems, and Disney-owned content in Smash.

First party:

1. Dixie Kong/Funky Kong
2. Paper Mario (64-TTYOD only)
3. Black Shadow
4. Bandana Dee

First three would be dope to have. BWD is mostly to have a 4th Nintendo character and his "resume", if you can call it that, sticks out more for me.

I am kind of hoping for all third parties, but if we get one of these that's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom