• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I mean Bayo did desreve the nerf if people drop her cause of her nerfs than they are just cheap i respect people who still Main bayo after the nerfs

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay, so I've decided Incineroar has earned his way into my Secondaries.

I just... have so much fun playing as him...
Between the strong personalities of all my characters (not including Joker), practice is a delight

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
They may have over did it i agree but Bayo need to be stopped a chracther shouldn't be able to all of that without hard work

D

Deleted member

I mean Bayo did desreve the nerf if people drop her cause of her nerfs than they are just cheap i respect people who still Main bayo after the nerfs
If people play to win tournaments and ****, you can't judge them for dropping a character because the character is worse overall.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So does a Pinky Demon write Doomsguy's Smash application letter for him?

I know Sub-Zero is writing for Scorpion.

I'm under the impression that neither on of them can read or write very well.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's not too uncommon for someone to drop a main because they got nerfed
I used to use Pit and Olimar a lot in Brawl, but when they changed them up so much in Smash 4, I just didn't care for them anymore...
R.I.P. Hiyayaya, I'll always miss you

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not too uncommon for someone to drop a main because they got nerfed
I used to use Pit and Olimar a lot in Brawl, but when they changed them up so much in Smash 4, I just didn't care for them anymore...
R.I.P. Hiyayaya, I'll always miss you
I love your new avatar. Assert your dominance, Miyamoto-San!
Press F to pay respects to Hiyayaya

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Um Your list is decent but there is no way Isabelle is S tier and Chrom should be the same tier as Roy Chrom has roy stuff and aethercide
But Roy doesn't have an aether...
Therefore, they're already pretty different when it comes to recovery.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Chrom is basically The same tier as Roy He has Roy stuff plus Aether although his recovery is ass his damage amd normals makes up for it

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Um Your list is decent but there is no way Isabelle is S tier and Chrom should be the same tier as Roy Chrom has roy stuff and aethercide
Well isabelle is definitely a top tier character, that much I'm sure of. She has some of the most annoying tools in the game. If I had to compare her to any other Smash character from the past, it would be Melee Ice Climbers.

Also I don't know where to put Chrom. He has awful offstage game but amazing neutral. Same with Little Mac. They're hard characters to gauge.

Overall great list, but Simon/Richter seem a little bit too high imo. And is it ordered in tiers (for example is PAC-MAN higher then the Captain himself)
S and A tier are ordered, but the bottom few aren't really.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Chrom's issue is that he has Ike's fairly bad vertical recovery but not his good horizontal recovery to make up for it.

Glass canon character. Makes sense considering Roy is one himself. I don't see the issue other than well he sucks off stage, which many characters do now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They may have over did it i agree but Bayo need to be stopped a chracther shouldn't be able to all of that without hard work
Nobody said she didn't need nerfs but even with just changes to other characters would make her a more fair character. Nerfing both combos and KO options of a combo-heavy character isn't really great balancing.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Chrom is basically The same tier as Roy He has Roy stuff plus Aether although his recovery is *** his damage amd normals makes up for it
Chrom is one of the easiest characters to gimp, and because of that, his horrible horizontal recovery becomes a huge issue.

With most Echoes, I'd argue they should be fairly close to their character of origin on the tier list. Chrom is an exception.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I used to think Chrom sucked but the bs he can pull on-stage is crazy wack so even though he has a ****-tier recovery he's still a solid low high-tier or high mid-tier. The matchup vs him all depends on whether or not you're good at gimping.

khfan93

Smash Cadet
Tbh if an Undertale rep got in somehow then Megalovania would be in and since Megalovania debuted in Homestuck (honestly its a better version then the Undertale one) then by extension Homestuck would have representation in Smash and honestly that would be both cursed and blessed at the same time
Megalovania was composed by Toby Fox way before Homestuck, I believe for his Earthbound Halloween hack.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well, at least none of the Links are too low...
Most people agree that Young Link is top tier and I definitely see why. I personally believe he is in the top 5 and he's very much worth anyone's time to pick up. Shame that he kinda makes toon link worthless.

Regular grown Link has some things unique to himself, like his bombs are really good for stage control and his up b on stage is still ridiculous

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Damn is it just me Or Does Corrin feels awkward in smash ulitmate like he is missing something

D

Deleted member

Over my 60 hours of playtime and watching various top level players, this is what I've compiled so far

I'm not super good at determining these things, but I havent a feeling that the Belmonts shouldn't be that high. They have a lot of versatility and are pretty strong, but a lot of their moves have tons of startup lag, making them extremely easy to punch; especially by a faster character. And if Pikachu is S tier, I feel like Pichu should at least be A (if not S like his evolution). He may be easier to KO thanks to being lighter, but he's just as mobile and we've already seen some ridiculous off-stage play by Pichu.

K. Rool seems...I dont know. I love playing him, but he's pretty strong. A little slow, very strong, and his recovery (for whatever reason) is fantastic. I thought they normally balance these things a little more, but I feel like his recovery is one of the better ones in the game; let alone for heavy characters. Maybe Im over selling it?

D

Deleted member

People exaggerate how bad Chrom's recovery is. I've seen people call him "Little Mac with a sword" even though his airspeed is insane and his Soaring Slash goes higher than Little Mac's double jump+Up B

osby

Smash Obsessed
Damn is it just me Or Does Corrin feels awkward in smash ulitmate like he is missing something
They nerfed her side and neutral specials, along with a number of other nerfs to her overall recovery.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People exaggerate how bad Chrom's recovery is. I've seen people call him "Little Mac with a sword" even though his airspeed is insane and his Soaring Slash goes higher than Little Mac's double jump+Up B
I can't recover with either
I'm spoiled by Inkling

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not super good at determining these things, but I havent a feeling that the Belmonts shouldn't be that high. They have a lot of versatility and are pretty strong, but a lot of their moves have tons of startup lag, making them extremely easy to punch; especially by a faster character. And if Pikachu is S tier, I feel like Pichu should at least be A (if not S like his evolution). He may be easier to KO thanks to being lighter, but he's just as mobile and we've already seen some ridiculous off-stage play by Pichu.

K. Rool seems...I dont know. I love playing him, but he's pretty strong. A little slow, very strong, and his recovery (for whatever reason) is fantastic. I thought they normally balance these things a little more, but I feel like his recovery is one of the better ones in the game; let alone for heavy characters. Maybe Im over selling it?
Nah, K.Rool is kinda ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

I wish that Varia Samus had gotten better, but Ridley could probably make up for it.

D

Deleted member

Me, after playing as :ultzelda::ultpalutena: for hours: How do other characters even recover?
Shulk's Speed art has made me unable to play any slow characters honestly. I'm too spoiled

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'm not super good at determining these things, but I havent a feeling that the Belmonts shouldn't be that high. They have a lot of versatility and are pretty strong, but a lot of their moves have tons of startup lag, making them extremely easy to punch; especially by a faster character. And if Pikachu is S tier, I feel like Pichu should at least be A (if not S like his evolution).
The Belmonts have very little start up lag on their tilts and aerials. Hell, even down smash is pretty fast. The only thing with decent start up that I know of is neutral b and forward smash, but those moves have the spacing capabilities to make up for that.

Also Pichu is a great character, yes, but to me he doesn't belong in A tier. He's not similar enough to Pikachu and the fact that he is one of the lightest characters really doesn't help, especially since half of his moves damage himself. You could get like 3 combos off as pichu then be at kill percent despite the fact that you were playing good. You actively get punished for doing combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom