• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
You two know dang well your lying to youselfs

you know Nintendo can't resist promoting a. game with a character

That probably the case with metroid prime 4 and Pokemon gen 8

And they can easily get a stage for poochy you all forgot there's no more wooly world stage and no crafted world stage so that can be poochys stage

And porky could have easily Ben a boss and be a spirit with history (and no safety capsule doesn't count its not specifically porky)

Trust me I would be glad to be wrong but I just can't see it happening
No im not.
Logicaly speaking, Nintendo don't have another First Party character to hype a DLC.
Porky? Dixie Kong? no.

But they got Joker, and Joker is a hype character to sell a DLC.

So, the other DLC will have hype characters as well.
Very simple.

NAME sell DLCs, people want to get hyped.
Nintendo can promote Games and don't need to be a First Party to do that.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
You two know dang well your lying to youselfs

you know Nintendo can't resist promoting a. game with a character

That probably the case with metroid prime 4 and Pokemon gen 8

And they can easily get a stage for poochy you all forgot there's no more wooly world stage and no crafted world stage so that can be poochys stage

And porky could have easily Ben a boss and be a spirit with history (and no safety capsule doesn't count its not specifically porky)

Trust me I would be glad to be wrong but I just can't see it happening
I was only joking...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I got ****ing squidbagged by an Inkling level 9 last night, they're so wack. I love how improved they are though, I can actually practice against them to improve my skills as they don't just read inputs and get perfect airdodges all the time BUT they're actually smart at punishing mistakes and they try to approach you this time
I've actually been practicing against level 3-5 CPUs. A little more relaxing and I can still try and get some combos off. A little easier than necessary, but I think I'm liable to have a stroke trying to practice against the higher level CPUs. Not that I actually think I'm "garbage" or anything, but I'm not gonna learn anything if I get frustrated and in addition to some bad anxiety issues I have really bad anger issues directed at myself a lot that I'm working through.
Which, considering Smash is one of the few things I can get off my ass and do nowadays as a mood boost/coping mechanism (ironically, considering its competitive nature), I try not to make myself upset too much... haha.

Overwatch is another thing I use but it's much easier to get upset in that and I can only so much of a losing streak before I have to turn off my game and grimace the whole day (to put it simply)

Didn’t Reggie say the dlc fighters would be from completely new series at the Game Awards?
He said they'd be new to the series.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No im not.
Logicaly speaking, Nintendo don't have another First Party character to hype a DLC.
Porky? Dixie Kong? no.

Very simple.

I'm sorry but not every character we get is hype that's not a rule

Corrin is pretty much the best proof and also they lied about bayonetta being the winner of the ballot that cause some salt

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Practicing against level 9's is useless. They don't play anywhere near a human level. Half of the game is predicting what your opponent will do and working around that. The CPU reacts to your button inputs and always does the optimal thing. It is nothing like going against a human being, it is much much harder

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No im not.
Porky? Dixie Kong? no.

Very simple.

What one person considers to be "hype" could be completely different from another's.

There were quite a few people who had no idea who Joker was and what franchise he came from. For these people, a promotional Gen VIII Pokemon or Dixie Kong could be more hype than "some random anime character with a mask".

Didn’t Reggie say the dlc fighters would be from completely new series at the Game Awards?
Characters new to the series, which basically means newcomers and no vets.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
No im not.
Porky? Dixie Kong? no.
Maybe not, but they got a lot of promotional characters they could use...
Smash is a juggernaut, of course Nintendo would like to use it to promote their upcoming games
I'm sorry but not every character we get is hype that's not a rule

Corrin is pretty much the best proof and also they lied about bayonetta being the winner of the ballot that cause some salt
You take that back,,,

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
they lied about bayonetta being the winner of the ballot that cause some salt
Did they? They just said she had the most votes among the characters that can realistically made into the roster via DLC. We don't have the results and whole thing wasn't worded very directly, so I wouldn't say we've been lied to.

Last edited:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
I just want to add my opinion on WoL

I think it’s fun, and as someone who doesn’t have any friends who would be fun to play with(I could teach some of them...but not necessarily fun...) I think it’s a great thing to keep me busy between online matches(which I’ve literally had so few problems with...? The occasional 4v4 but normally only once per online session)
I think world of light is so creative, and took so much creative effort and represents so many characters I’m truly blown away. Yes the gameplay can get tedious, and yes some battles are nuts(Pauline I’m looking at YOU) but that makes me want to beat it even MORE.

And I literally even just get enjoyment of little jigglypuff running around the over world.

I really think it’s a good mode, and I totally get why people don’t like it gameplay wise...but I think it should at least be respected from a creative standpoint.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I doubt it... Itoi has said that the series is done.
A new Mother release is about as likely as Half Life 3 being revealed anytime soon...
There is a big difference between a new Mother game and a rerelease of the trilogy all together.
Earthbound and Mother 1 has been in the eshop already and in the snes mini Earthbound was one of the few games.
Itoi said he will not make more games because it was a very hard job, that's why nobody is saying "Mother 4 confirmed!" or anything like that, but either a Mother Trilogy collection or a remake (the first being more probable, I can't see nintendo making a remake of any mother game).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
There is a big difference between a new Mother game and a rerelease of the trilogy all together.
Earthbound and Mother 1 has been in the eshop already and in the snes mini Earthbound was one of the few games.
Itoi said he will not make more games because it was a very hard job, that's why nobody is saying "Mother 4 confirmed!" or anything like that, but either a Mother Trilogy collection or a remake (the first being more probable, I can't see nintendo making a remake of any mother game).
Imagine a remake of all three in that 'claymation' style.

Jesus.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Eh, I doubt Corrin brought that much hype, but people need to remember their salt doesn't erase other people's excitement.
Corrin is the definitive proof that, given an interesting moveset, even the least hype character can suddenly be hype.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm so happy Joker got in. Its such a good stage setter.

Okay, scenario, an I'm serious, what if Shante or Sans?

P.S. No Ubisoft on the roster is odd as hell.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

Shantae is already a spirit and usually, reps from third parties are the protagonists, not secondary characters, so it would make more sense to have Frisk.

D

Deleted member

If Shantae I would be like "ok cool"
If Sans I would meme about it for a couple years then go "ok cool this is actually kinda hype"

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm not an Undertale fan by any means but I'd welcome Sans into Smash with open hands. Curious moveset, Megalovania, iconic game, would make elitist fans angry... what could I ask for more?

D

Deleted member

I'm not an Undertale fan by any means but I'd welcome Sans into Smash with open hands. Curious moveset, Megalovania, iconic game, would make elitist fans angry... what could I ask for more?
Okay, Megalovania would be a guarantee...
BUT WHY
DOES EVERYONE FORGET
THE BEST UNDERTALE SONG?!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, Megalovania would be a guarantee...
BUT WHY
DOES EVERYONE FORGET
THE BEST UNDERTALE SONG?!
Because you can't deny the fact that Megalovania is the definitive Undertale song...
You joke but

I'M ALL IN BRING EARTHWORM JIM BACK TOO!
And maybe add Wallace and Gromit as another surprise guest character, just for good measure

D

Deleted member

Tbh if an Undertale rep got in somehow then Megalovania would be in and since Megalovania debuted in Homestuck (honestly its a better version then the Undertale one) then by extension Homestuck would have representation in Smash and honestly that would be both cursed and blessed at the same time

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Tbh if an Undertale rep got in somehow then Megalovania would be in and since Megalovania debuted in Homestuck (honestly its the better version then the Undertale one) then by extension Homestuck would have representation in Smash and honestly that would be both cursed and blessed at the same time
That would give Zoe like a 0.1% boost in chances :troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ultimate Bamboozle Worst Timeline: Joker is in, but his final Smash isn't anything like an All Out Attack or Satanael, it's a combination of Critical Hit and Triforce Slash :glare:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This thread needs drama.

Someone get a divorce.
Diva girl voice.

So this *****a named Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman was ripping off like, my styleee. She was like, trying to get with Opossum Opossum , and she knows that I‘m besties with Opossum Opossum and she’s trying to like annoyyy meee. She went up to him, and was like, Hiiiii ~ <3, but it wasn’t like a normal hi, she wanted to discuss Smash with him, on a Smash forum!!! She’s so trying to like start beef with me, and she doesn’t even like bother to notice my perfect profile picture after I like, talked about hers! She even, like, dissed on my main Doctor Mario, YOU, like, DON’T MESS WITH MY DOC WITHOUT, like, MESSING WITH ME!
CEAE1FAB-E1B1-4306-BFCD-68FFDAD6C92C.jpeg

I like need a mod, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , ban like this woman from trying to intimidate me!
I’m slowly dissolving from not being able to play Smash rn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom