• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Discussion topic:

Unlocking characters in WoL unlocks them for the rest of the game. But unlocking characters outside of WoL doesn't unlock them inside the game.

So my question is, how do you think DLC characters will be handled for WoL? Will they:

A. Be unlocked right from the start automatically.
B. Not be usable in WoL at all.
C. Have their spirit battle added to the WoL map someplace.

If C. do you think they'll just throw the tokens around in a few places, or do you think the new characters might have their own entirely new sections of the map, maybe with a bunch of other spirits relating to their series?

And if so, might those areas already be drawn onto the map now, but just but simply lacking the ability to walk to them, and IF SO, might there be any hints on the WoL map as to who the characters are?

D

Deleted member

Discussion topic:

Unlocking characters in WoL unlocks them for the rest of the game. But unlocking characters outside of WoL doesn't unlock them inside the game.

So my question is, how do you think DLC characters will be handled for WoL? Will they:

If C. do you think they'll just throw the tokens around in a few places, or do you think the new characters might have their own entirely new sections of the map, maybe with a bunch of other spirits relating to their series?

And if so, might those areas already be drawn onto the map now, but just but simply lacking the ability to walk to them, and IF SO, might there be any hints on the WoL map as to who the characters are?
I'm guessing B

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Discussion topic:

If they come with spirits (e.g. the P5 party) I want sub-zones like in current WoL with the new spirits unlockable through new themed battles.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Something I wanted to ask you guys. Considering the way Reggie phrased his statement on dlc characters, do you think that this means 3rd party characters who were mii costumes are out of the running? Coming from a Lloyd boy

osby

Smash Obsessed
IMO, the biggest problem with Persona 5 can be the writing.

There is one particular sequence of dialogue later in the game that is just awful. It’s honestly the worst.

That said, I’ve mentioned this before, but Persona 5 still has stellar gameplay, graphics, music, and presentation, so it more than makes up for that.
Thankfully, it's not just me. Yeah, it's a great game but whole ending after a point was the weakest in... well, probably entire series imo. It didn't left me satisfied in a manner that P4 and P3 did.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A good spirit team really can make a match a lot easier. My fully leveled OoT Zelda spirit was able to let me just keep taking Azura / Corrin's Final Smashes like they were nothing. A franklin badge spirit also turns some otherwise frustrating matches into a breeze.

And then if one is really frustrating in WoL I can usually just find a way to skip it or go around it.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I posted this as a thread yesterday and got no replies, so hopefully this is a better place to post this. If it isn't, then please tell me where I should.

So, I have some questions on spirits mode.

For one, Is it possible to replay a spirits battle witout making a second adventure mode or getting rid of the spirit? Like, does it show up in the Spirits Board again at all? I know you can play it again if you make a second adventure mode account in the game, but I mean outside of that

Second, if I get a spirit outside of Spirits mode, do I still play the battle in Adventure Mode, or does it disappear?

Third, are the boss fights replayable? Haven't gotten to one yet to know. btw, don't give me any spoilers, I just wonder if I'll be replay the Galeem battle and stuff without having to play the whole mode again, as I heard it's 20+ hours long.

D

Deleted member

I posted this as a thread yesterday and got no replies, so hopefully this is a better place to post this. If it isn't, then please tell me where I should.

So, I have some questions on spirits mode.

For one, Is it possible to replay a spirits battle witout making a second adventure mode or getting rid of the spirit? Like, does it show up in the Spirits Board again at all? I know you can play it again if you make a second adventure mode account in the game, but I mean outside of that

Second, if I get a spirit outside of Spirits mode, do I still play the battle in Adventure Mode, or does it disappear?

Third, are the boss fights replayable? Haven't gotten to one yet to know. btw, don't give me any spoilers, I just wonder if I'll be replay the Galeem battle and stuff without having to play the whole mode again, as I heard it's 20+ hours long.
Idk about the final boss (haven't gotten there yet) but bosses like Galleom and Rathalos can be fought by doing specific character's Classic moded

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nah, you're doing fine. You're way better at Inkling than me, lol
It's hard to adjust to the artificial input delay from online, and also i'm super clumsy with my hands and keep accidentally flicking the c stick and hitting the b button at the same time lmao

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Never forget the crux of the defeat of the mastermind.

"Pancakes."
Tbh, I actually liked that part. The twist with:
Joker surviving
Played out really well.

The game’s ending isn’t particularly bad either, and the final fight is pretty well executed.

It’s moreso things like
Shido and Goro’s exposition dialogue, Morgana’s hissy fit, and other stuff like that that get to me. The last 3-4 months of P5s story are a mix of good and bad moments, IMO.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You asked for it
Here comes the pancake memes
View attachment 182513
Cease
Tbh, I actually liked that part. The twist with:
Joker surviving
Played out really well.

The game’s ending isn’t particularly bad either, and the final fight is pretty well executed.

It’s moreso things like
Shido and Goro’s exposition dialogue, Morgana’s hissy fit, and other stuff like that that get to me. The last 3-4 months of P5s story are a mix of good and bad moments, IMO.
Oh no, the "plan" was a great sequence.
I just wish they didn't kickstart it with that convenience.
P5's scenes in the mid-endgame in general don't feel especially thought out.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
That talk about P5 just makes me want to play that game more.

Hope we get a Switch port, so I dont have to buy a PS4 lol

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
well unlocking characters is easier in World of in my opinion-
I found playing Smash mode MUCH easier and more fun. I could just play the game with friends while unlocking. Plus if you reset the game after the unlock screen, you can unlock characters 10x faster.

D

Deleted member

Hey how do you set preferred stages in arenas?
In your random stage toggle which I believe is not available to customize in Online.
I don't have the game but I heard that setting it up in local play and then leaving the stage selection as random will make it use from one of those only.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
how would you all react if Danganronpa music was in smash?
Very extremely happily.

Scrum Debate
Hope vs Despair
Climax Return
Logic Dive
Hangman’s Gambit V3
New World Order
Trial Underground
Mass Panic Debate
Hyper Ultra PTA

These are the songs I’d want the most.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Bit of an off topic question but did anyone else get their code for PP yet? I claimed the coins on friday and have gotten nothing so far. Im not sure if the weekend is being counted in those two days or not. Though I don't get why that would matter when sending out an email

D

Deleted member

Discussion topic:

Not be useable at all most likely, DLC characters are rarely ever involved in fighting game story modes unless they're already close to compleye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom