• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm really happy with how the newcomers feel. In terms of how much fun they are for me:

Ridley>KRool>Incineroar>Simon>Inkling>Isabelle

Which is perfect because that's exactly the order in which I was excited for them. Ridley and King K Rool are the two most fun characters in smash history to play for me. I'm also surprisingly into Chrom. I wasn't really looking forward to him but he's my most played echo at this point. I'm so glad Sakurai stopped with trying to make the characters walking gimicks and focused on just making them fun. These newcomers are way better than the smash 4 ones imo.

D

Deleted member

y'all can you do me a favor and report/stop responding to those posts
they'll just get banned if they keep begging for attention like this and it'll keep going on and getting worse the more you guys react to it

i wasn't joking the last time i said this
no **** please don't ban me I'm so lonely please don't **** **** ****

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
GAME:

We don't want predictable characters!
Put here 4 non-predictable characters:
1 - Bandai Namco
2 - Square Enix
3 - Microsoft/Rare
4 - Others
1. Rick (Splatterhouse)
2. Robo (Chrono Trigger)
3. Lupus (Jet Force Gemini)
4. Razputin (Psychonauts)

D

Deleted member

I'm really happy with how the newcomers feel. In terms of how much fun they are for me:

Ridley>KRool>Incineroar>Simon>Inkling>Isabelle

Which is perfect because that's exactly the order in which I was excited for them. Ridley and King K Rool are the two most fun characters in smash history to play for me. I'm also surprisingly into Chrom. I wasn't really looking forward to him but he's my most played echo at this point. I'm so glad Sakurai stopped with trying to make the characters walking gimicks and focused on just making them fun. These newcomers are way better than the smash 4 ones imo.
I know, right? I'm having a super hard time picking secondaries and mains. TBH I'm expecting that secondaries and maybe even mains list in my sig to change a lot over the coming weeks as I play more of the roster and dedicate some hours to each character I'm interested in.

I think Ridley is the one that surprised me the most. I expected him to kinda be awful, but nope he's really dang fun. That NAir is rockin'.

D

Deleted member

@GothFluttershy
please i beg you stop talking about lewding ****ing animals i beg you my children are dying and my wife left me
I don't think that your wife leaving/children dying has anything to do with me talking about lewding animals

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Anyone know if you can get specific songs from the shop? I wanna get all the Xenoblade songs but RNG is murdering me. Is it possible to reroll the shop items?

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
As someone who never touches online at all due to total lack of skill, I can safely say that Ultimate is my favorite Smash game ever.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Anyone know if you can get specific songs from the shop? I wanna get all the Xenoblade songs but RNG is murdering me. Is it possible to reroll the shop items?
Nope; watched several streams and can confirm the songs that are available are 100% random.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What do you guys think about input lag?
I honestly think that it was bull****, and I don't even notice it. I actually think that trolls on /v/ are using this as the reason why ultimate is considered as worse.
No, it's definitely noticeable. Several people at my launch party noticed within a few minutes (And these are people that also bought the game and are excited about it). Not everyone who calls a game out for issues is a troll, or even considers it worse. I noticed lag and it bothers me (And the lag on Pro controllers is even more than the GC) but I still think it's a better game than SM4SH.

The input lag, combined with the weird buffering stuff definitely takes a little joy out of playing. But it's still a kickass game. I just hope they have ways to patch it and make it feel more responsive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As far as online goes, I'll probably just use the forums here, Discord, and Anther's Ladder to find matches, at least until patches fix the matchmaking or a proper ranked gets added.

D

Deleted member

No, it's definitely noticeable. Several people at my launch party noticed within a few minutes (And these are people that also bought the game and are excited about it). Not everyone who calls a game out for issues is a troll, or even considers it worse. I noticed lag and it bothers me (And the lag on Pro controllers is even more than the GC) but I still think it's a better game than SM4SH.

The input lag, combined with the weird buffering stuff definitely takes a little joy out of playing. But it's still a kickass game. I just hope they have ways to patch it and make it feel more responsive.
I can't focus on your post because your avatar and signature are so beautiful :3

Potato_

Smash Lord
There's like 7 different characters I'm interested in maining good lord this is going to be hard to decide.

As for the input lag I don't notice it offline at all, but definitely notice it online.

D

Deleted member

Well, got the game, beat the story, unlocked all the characters, having fun.

I think I can stick around now and again. I hope this place is less of a clustermuk than usual, but who am I kidding?

D

Deleted member

Well, got the game, beat the story, unlocked all the characters, having fun.

I think I can stick around now and again. I hope this place is less of a clustermuk than usual, but who am I kidding?
As long as I'm here it's going to be a clustermuk
sorry

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I don't know if its just with me, but some of these 'Challenger Approaching' battles are ridiculous. Its like the AI ranges anywhere from suicidal to level 50 amiibo. When sonic appeared, he was zipping around and then just ran straight off the stage. I didn't knock him out; he just straight ran off the stage! And then when Chrom he appeared, he juggled the crap out of me. I only beat him because I got a lucky couple of strong hits in with K. Rool (more like K. Rule!).
For me, K. Rool jumped straight into Klaptrap's maw before the word "GO!" was off the screen.

And then there was Mega Man who just couldn't stop it with the UAirs... I almost needed a third try for him.

D

Deleted member

He needs to stay in one piece to complain about Smash not having Fantastic Four.
But if he explodes into 4 pieces then each one will complain about a different member of the fantastic four not being in

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Any spirit battle with a floor is lava effect is really making things difficult for me right now as I have nothing that immunes it at the moment. Only resists, which doesn't actually help much as while it reduces the damage it still leaves you getting bounced by it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
GAME:

We don't want predictable characters!
Put here 4 non-predictable characters:
1 - Bandai Namco
2 - Square Enix
3 - Microsoft/Rare
4 - Others
i'll just slap two of my characters here cause there's no way in hell any reasonable logic-driven predictions would otherwise include them
  1. Solaire
  2. Edea
  3. Master Chief (not necessarily a 'want' since I've never played Halo, but I give him a greater than 0% chance after Joker)
  4. some wild **** like Papyrus idk

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Smash Unlocks: Yeah, I started feeling really bad about myself. Though I was trying to get used to the new controller, I kept losing to characters and was like "Wow, am I really this bad?" But I think it's a combination of things:

1. The AI level seems to very
2. A new game system.
3. Characters seem to throw out "bad" attacks that catch you off guard.
4. Many times you'll be trying a new character when this "newcomer" screen appears. So when you spawn in with only 1 life, the stress can cause you to misplay.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Ok guys guys guys but what if Pewdiepie is a DLC for Smash, will you subscribe to Pewdiepie and give like and leave a comment down bellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom