• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Weren't you saying Sub Zero last time?
Scorpion is the poster boy of Mortal Kombat. I think Sub Zero is a more historically important character, helping create the ESRB with his fatality, and would prefer him, but Scorpion is probably more likely

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd love some classic Meguro stuff in, but these seem to be the sound the game is most known for.
Does Jaldabaoth counts?

Also, new icon. I think it was necessary.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Alright then, new DLC prediction/wishlist post VGAs!

1.Joker (confirmed!)
2.Banjo-Kazooie
3.Crash
4.Sora
5.Doomguy

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Can someone plz help me out. I'm trying to play smash docked but my switch says i need to use the same adaptor as the one that came with my switch which i cannot find.

How can i get around this? I made sure the volts are the same as the original charger

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What if in Morgana's spirit, not only will the opponent taunt you if you miss as any character that's "Hot-Headed" like Roy/Ken (A reference to his insults if Ryuji misses), but he will also force you to sleep if the fights passes for 2 minutes or less.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Joker can fight K Rool on Yoshi's island with Woomy

This game is beautiful

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Does Jaldabaoth counts?

Also, new icon. I think it was necessary.
That's too much of a spoils, I wouldn't expect it. And honestly, it's not a very hype thing to include, at least to me it isn't.

I think a popular Demon is the way to go. Best case scenario would be Jack Frost. Dream scenario would be Mara, but lol no.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
more than ever now crash strikes me as such an obvious pick just from a "gaming all-stars" standpoint that i think i'd be more surprised if he wasn't in than if he was. not sure i'd even call him likely because i feel like that's akin to admitting i'm an insane person but recent events really make me wonder.
still gonna hope against hope for anyone from microsoft, though. master chief would actually cause my head to explode and i wouldn't be mad at banjo/minecraft either

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I hope we get a palace as Joker's stage. Kamoshida's is pretty basic but also pretty iconic and really fits Persona 5's aesthetic well

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Woah Woah Woah Woah, aren't you guys jumping to conclusions a bit? Just because Joker was so unexpected, That doesn't mean that the rest of the pass will be as unexpected as he was.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think anyone could've legitimately called the announcement of Joker at The Game Awards. That's insane. It makes you wonder why we even speculate.

If this is a sign of what's to come hoo boy bring on Hayabusa and Leon!

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I'm forcing myself to be calm so I can type this but I screamed so loudly at that reveal and for so long and now I'm actually crying. My roommates are in the same situation

None of us Joker "supporters" ever thought he was even a remote possibility. We always said he had potential but no one truly believed

I always say that the people in my signature were pipe dreams, that I only supported pipe dreams and impossible picks so I could have fun without overhyping myself

But this happened

This REALLY happened

And

Yeah

I never saw it coming.

Haha. Jesus. This is one hell of a way to end the prerelease. This is a dream. This has been the most excited and happy I've ever been, the most hype I've ever been for a videogame. Ever. And now one of my three biggest pipe dreams made it.

Yeah, I'm definitely crying. I love you all so much. I'm never going to stop thinking about this.
No Joker makes sense Persona is too big of a game both in Japan and in the US they needed a rep in at least one Smash game and since he's the newest Persona rep it's not that he wasn't likely it's just that not a lot of people were actually talking about it. I was talking to some friends of mine about additions we could get to the game and Joker came up very high up on that list a few times. For some reason people just kinda forgot how popular Persona is when deciding characters... that an welp... bias let's be real with ourselves here. But ya Joker deserves his spot we needed a Persona rep of some kind.

Pakky

Smash Hero
As the fat leaker struggles to arise after being knocked off his horse, passersby laugh at him as his reign has come to an end.

He will now have to hunt for his food in the outback of the gaming community, though, his portly body dooms him to graze at 4chan and or Neogaf.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Thinkaman Thinkaman

So, where's that Nintendo connection Joker has? You used to go on and on that only guys with strong Nintendo connection would make it and "Cloud is the exception".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom