• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R O F L

Smash Ace
doubt its as good as star allies' dlc
Star Allies' DLC isn't that great compared to other free DLC. Sure it added a bunch of new characters (basically new copy abilities you can't use in story mode) and a short, but slightly challenging new mode. IMO Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and Arms had better free DLC.

i'll never forget the stupid lore though. Oh my, the lore was terrible.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Star Allies' DLC isn't that great compared to other free DLC. Sure it added a bunch of new characters (basically new copy abilities you can't use in story mode) and a short, but slightly challenging new mode. IMO Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and Arms had better free DLC.

i'll never forget the stupid lore though. Oh my, the lore was terrible.
wow i have never heard a wronger opinion

Pyr

Smash Lord
The best part about the release day is that I get to watch people experience all the hype again. Every single person that did not follow every little bit of news is about to have every single bit of it generate hype, all at the same time. It's almost magical.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm honestly worried that Smash Ultimate won't get anything special, Sakurai isn't attending, and that tweet could have been a reminder that Smash Ultimate was coming out after the game awards.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I have heard about the game here was that it had some shipping between a human and a sword.
how did you just describe the entire main fundamental of xenoblade 2 so eloquently yet so bluntly at the exact same time, I'm in awe

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I'm honestly worried that Smash Ultimate won't get anything special, Sakurai isn't attending, and that tweet could have been a reminder that Smash Ultimate was coming out after the game awards.
Doesn't seem like something to be worried about. Worst case scenario we wait a bit longer to see the dlc. No biggie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's big spoilers for one and two, so be warned.

Xenoblade 1 and 2 are happening at the same time in parallel universes created by a scientist using the Conduit (that's totally not the Zohar), who splits and becomes Zanza, a god, in Xenoblade 1 and the Architect, another god, in Xenoblade 2.

There's some stuff in the Land of Challenge that implies all three Xenoblade universes are connected and the Nopon Archsage can travel between them, but the canon status of that is debatable.
OK. This is proving difficult for me. Can people help me out with this? Which characters from Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Torna - The Golden Country should be used?

Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem warriors each have 32 characters so it should probably be similar.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
i've actually heard people who like the game say that rex is just an awful protagonist
I think he fits for the story the writers want to tell. He's doing the whole "beacon of hope in an ocean of despair" thing and for the most part he fulfills that amicably. Especially when his main opposition is varying levels of turbo depressed people.

I just wish the voice actor could... do a good war cry.
Though I guess Shulk spoiled me in terms of incoherent emotional rage screaming.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well true

Ofcoarse Nintendo could still show the first character of 5

But we have to wait a tiny bit longer so be it.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I’m sure it’s been posted before but...anyone have a link to watch the VGAs live?
A link would certainly be appreciated. Even if we dont get a character reveal, one of the games announced for the VGAs might show possibilities for potential smash dlc chars.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I think he fits for the story the writers want to tell. He's doing the whole "beacon of hope in an ocean of despair" thing and for the most part he fulfills that amicably.

Though I guess Shulk spoiled me in terms of incoherent emotional rage screaming.
You don’t like aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Forget VGAs, get that man an Oscar

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I'm sorry for such an off topic and, for lack of a better word, dumb post, but, um, I was wondering...

Which fighter could possibly be the Wind Fish's stand-in, in the spirit battle against him? I mean, no matter which fighter it is, it'll be an insult towards them...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think he fits for the story the writers want to tell. He's doing the whole "beacon of hope in an ocean of despair" thing and for the most part he fulfills that amicably. Especially when his main opposition is varying levels of turbo depressed people.

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiYAH

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for such an off topic and, for lack of a better word, dumb post, but, um, I was wondering...

Which fighter could possibly be the Wind Fish's stand-in, in the spirit battle against him? I mean, no matter which fighter it is, it'll be an insult towards them...
Is character Fat?
If Yes, K. Rool

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Why's it an insult? Is it because the Wind Fish's conscious mind results in the assumed wiped existences of thousands if not more sentient creatures?

Or is it because he's fat? Because whale? :yoshi:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Worried? Game is coming out, bro. No one sane will give a ****, hopefully.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

I could see 4 options:
King K Rool=fat
Jigglypuff=dreams
Pit=Wings
Squirtle=Water

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I can't belive Ultimate releases tommorow. It feels like yesterday our minds were blown when we saw the Smash logo in Inkling's eye. Goodbye to anyone who's leaving (even though you'll probably be back). I'll be sticking around, partially because I'm probably not getting the game until Christmas.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

This is why I don't play Xenoblade Chronices 2.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why's it an insult? Is it because the Wind Fish's conscious mind results in the assumed wiped existences of thousands if not more sentient creatures?

Or is it because he's fat? Because whale? :yoshi:
Can we agree that this is peak performance?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can't belive Ultimate releases tommorow. It feels like yesterday our minds were blown when we saw the Smash logo in Inkling's eye. Goodbye to anyone who's leaving (even though you'll probably be back). I'll be sticking around, partially because I'm probably not getting the game until Christmas.
When we tried so hard to deduce who the shadows were for surprises.
Turns out it wasn't anyone unexpected and no one was cut to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom