• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They bring a glass of ice water to a senate hearing and claim that ice caps melting can't cause flooding because the cup didn't overflow
(this actually happened)
I am so very aware of that.

Jon Stewart's response to it was probably my favorite thing he's ever done ever.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hold up, Doomguy has a chance? Is there anything new going for him beyond the Bethesda guy saying they've talked to Nintendo about Smash?

Also, is the Capcom/Sega rep a personal speculation thing or leak related?
Here's a pro-tip:

Unless I or another say it's a leak, IT'S NOT A LEAK

While I appreciate the efforts of insiders providing us with information, I feel like it would've been better to just keep things to themselves, because they're riled up the fanbase and now everyone's asking about leaks that haven't even happened.
Note to self: Do not talk about the likeliness of Geno, or lack there of, as DLC, in the Geno thread
Don't speak at all in the Geno thread if you have a differing opinion.

I went there to suggest that the SE and insider speculation be moved to another thread so, you know, the Geno thread could actually be the Geno thread, and I got absolutely flamed for it. There's no point in trying to convince them otherwise of their opinions.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
My bets on the character reveal if we end up getting a reveal (maybe not the case, but it is fun to imagine stuff):

-Crash Bandicoot.
-SE Rep.
-Sylux.
-Banjo.

One of these four.
I mean one of these four and then listing a generic Square rep is kinda eh.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
They bring a glass of ice water to a senate hearing and claim that ice caps melting can't cause flooding because the cup didn't overflow
(this actually happened)
They... they do realize that the ice cubes already take up space in the glass when not melted, right? Right???

D

Deleted member

Joke's on you, my parents refused to accept that I had a boyfriend and kicked me out at an early age and I had to live with my uncle and aunt for most of my life who were also awful but not to the point they would kick me out

this thread is getting depressing tbh
haha smash bros r-right guys

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It all depends on how and when you formulate your post.

For example, I posted a little while back on the Geno thread about how I feel on him.

Keep in mind, I’ve never been a fan of Geno or have supported him ever.

When I went into the thread, I saw that recently, people were coming into the thread saying that Geno had no chance.

I started my response saying that I would never denounce a character’s fan base, stated that I was NOT a supporter of Geno, but I did believe he had SOME chance of getting in. Then I wished the thread the best and said that I hope they get what they wish for.

IIRC, that’s post has about 10-12 likes.

It all depends on how you word your opinion. It can make a BIG difference.
Right, I understand. And basically I was saying that I didn't think his chances were good because of Vergeben's private message where he said not to take Geno seriously. But I could've worded it better

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh excuses shmexcuses. Tell that to the liar police bud.
The only time I've ever been held in police custody was when I was in 8th grade, and one of the cops came up to me with a half full twenty-four pack of beer demanding very loudly which one of us purchased it. (None of us purchased any beer; he was trying to frighten a twelve year-old for laughs.)

I do not want to be held by the police again.

D

Deleted member

If a character gets revealed tomorrow, I'll run for president of the United States of America.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
haha smash bros r-right guys
I cried the other night because I tried to use an actual razor to shave my facial hair and I just didn't know how and i realized that my father's absence in my life caused me to miss out on so many experiences that I can never have now
Dude totally this game is gonna be great

D

Deleted member

The only time I've ever been held in police custody was when I was in 8th grade, and one of the cops came up to me with a half full twenty-four pack of beer demanding very loudly which one of us purchased it. (None of us purchased any beer; he was trying to frighten a twelve year-old for laughs.)

Why were you in police custody?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
They... they do realize that the ice cubes already take up space in the glass when not melted, right? Right???
Of course they realize. They just know helping save the planet will cost them money and they're selfish

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait... really? How does that work?
Basically completing Classic Mode with a character unlocks someone. Each character is tied to a specific Classic Mode, but there's a priority list. Say I use Yoshi, finish Classic, and get Lucario. But now let's say I already have Lucario. Instead Yoshi would unlock the next character on his own priority list, which, from what I've read, is Chrom.

That's a lot easier than going the non-repeating route, which is Get Marth in WoL > Marth Classic > Ryu or Lucina Classic (Marth Classic twice if you unlock Ryu before Lucina) > Ridley Classic > Chrom.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Just make oinking sounds at them they really like it

D

Deleted member

**** man you want to talk?
I mean, I mostly got over it. **** happened when I was like 14 but I'm basically over it at this point. Growing up as an lgbt person in a super conservative muslim household sucks. Never liked my parents anyways, and I've even got an apartment and **** now. I feel free and not really tied down by them. They DID call up to check on me every once in a while, so they weren't COMPLETELY neglectful. I still cut all contact from them. helps that i have a super rich sympathetic incredibly nice uncle who helped me get on my feet after I left my aunt and uncle's place too.
idk, talking about this is bringing up bad memories. I'd rather not talk more, thanks

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why were you in police custody?
Because my friend's friend thought it'd be funny to shine his new laser pointer at the town's only major road shortly after 9/11, so someone called the cops and every single police car in the city swarmed our neighborhood to chase down a pack of twelve year-olds.

It was a whole thing.

link2702

Smash Champion
I just don't think Geno has a good chance as DLC, especially since he already has a spirit. And I just don't want the Geno fans to get overhyped and then get let down if he doesn't make it in
not all of us geno fans are like this. I know full well some have went a bit off the deep end convincing themselves he’s guaranteed, and I’ve been telling the boards for awhile to keep that shred of doubt open, but some simply aren’t gonna do that, so yes it’s gonna be more devastating to them if he doesn’t make it, I’ve learned to never let myself get to that point again as i did during the brawl and 4 days.

At the same time though you gotta realize that it IS the support board for geno fans. Anyone going in there basically saying something like “his chances aren’t good, sora’s are better” or “he’s not relevant and only appeared in one game” aren’t gonna be received too well there, which is true for many boards honestly.

Also some folks have been pretty harsh on geno fans lately, you gotta expect some to snap back. I Also think plenty are annoyed at how his critics never take into account the more practical reasons for why he does still stand a chance compared to other se characters like a dq rep or sora, both of which would be copyright nightmares to get, as it would involve far more than just square, whereas geno only requires Square-Enix approval.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I mean, I mostly got over it. **** happened when I was like 14 but I'm basically over it at this point. Growing up as an lgbt person in a super conservative muslim household sucks. Never liked my parents anyways, and I've even got an apartment and **** now. I feel free and not really tied down by them. They DID call up to check on me every once in a while, so they weren't COMPLETELY neglectful. I still cut all contact from them. helps that i have a super rich sympathetic incredibly nice uncle who helped me get on my feet after I left my aunt and uncle's place too.
idk, talking about this is bringing up bad memories. I'd rather not talk more, thanks
remember when we were talking about a dude who wants to bang a dog like a page ago

D

Deleted member

I'm super depressed about life. What? This thread's already derailed enough as it is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*hug* Sorry for prying man. If you ever want to chat, I'm usually available

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
  • Square Enix is getting another character, but no one knows who it is
    • The majority consensus seems to be Erdrick, however
  • Lloyd or Yuri Lowell from the Tales Of series seem likely
  • Steve still exists
  • Rayman is likely underestimated
  • As is Ryu Hayabusa
  • People actually want promotional shill first-party picks
  • DOOM Slayer might actually have a chance
  • A third Capcom or Sega Rep could definitely happen
That's kinda it.
I don't see where the majority consensus is Erdrick?
I'm hearing a ton of scattered names. I'm hearing they're all basically equal from numerous insiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom