• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, I didn't say anything bad like that. I was being respectful about what I said, and was trying to be careful with my words
I wasn't saying you weren't respectful. I'm saying there's a time and place.

To stick with my sports bar scenario, real Browns fans already know their team isn't the best. No one came into this year-- or this decade-- thinking they had a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl. But inside that sports bar, the Browns are the best damn team in football, and they get to hang out with their Browns buddies talking about how good the Browns are and how this year will be the year.

Even if they're wrong, let them have that. That's what they made the thread for: to build an echo chamber of Geno-positivity since the actual likelihood of Geno winning his Super Bowl is astronomically low. It's just kind of natural for them to not want you there if you're disturbing that, regardless of intentions. The same thing happened in the old Daisy thread when someone would come in and say, "You know that's just brunette Peach, right?" then everyone would collectively tell him to GTFO.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There won't be a Smash character reveal tomorrow night. If there is, I'll let @GothFluttershy pick my avatar (as long as it's Safe for work) and will write "I Support Chloe for Smash" as my avatar for a month!
You're a brave soul man

Nice knowing you

• Square Enix is getting another character, but no one knows who it is
    • The majority consensus seems to be Erdrick, however
  • Lloyd or Yuri Lowell from the Tales Of series seem likely
  • Steve still exists
  • Rayman is likely underestimated
  • As is Ryu Hayabusa
  • People actually want promotional shill first-party picks
  • DOOM Slayer might actually have a chance
  • A third Capcom or Sega Rep could definitely happen
That's kinda it.
So is Erdrick the most popular DQ character behind Slime and Hero?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
There are people in that thread that are chill and quite nice. But there's a number of people there who twist your words and are way oversensitive over the minimal stuff regarding their worshipped character. I mean, if we're going to discuss the possibility of inclusion and all, we gotta be ready to hear the logical reasons why our character might not be in the game. I have my favorites, and I'm ready to accept they might not be in. I'm not going to create a "safe space" to let me live in a fantasy world where the things I want to discuss have to be strictly the way I want it to be.
A pity though. There really are cool people there. But there's also a part of the crowd that makes it impossible to keep on debating.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've grown really fond of the idea of DQ being repped I Smash lately. I mean, I was always cool with the idea but not excited. But then I looked at those goofy neon outfits for the Erdricks and thought about how cute Slime would look as an assist trophy and I gotta say I'm looking forward to it.

I seriously can't get enough of Slime. That face is so cute. If Erdrick is confirmed maybe I'll pick up Dragon Quest Builders or something.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Are there any leaks or rumors for Smash at the VGA's tomorrow? If something was gonna show I'd imagine people with access looking for their fifteen seconds of fame would have posted "leaks" on 4chan already.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to play this game too. Gotta go for broke!

There won't be a Smash character reveal at VGAs that we haven't already seen. If there is, I'll let @faygoshill pick my avatar (as long as it's safe for work) and will write "I Support Morag for Smash" as my avatar for a month!

View attachment 181656
U finna know I'ma stick u with the most degenerate yet sfw avatar out there, you brought this on yourself

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Seriously? Wow.
Yeah.
As someone said earlier, this is why Sega and Sonic have fallen so far. The older people are getting worn out and haven’t really cared for over a decade (there was a leaker who said so over ten years ago, and proved himself by saying there’d be a game where Sonic turns into a werewolf with stretchy arms, before Unleashed was announced ). And wow would you look at that, they let some new people take over for one game and it’s the best Sonic game in years.

Nintendo is kinda of going against this trend by openly saying they’re trying to bring younger guys into the top groups in the company to eventually take over, which we can see in Koizumi spearheading Odyssey and Aonuma saying a lot of BotW’s ideas were because of younger minds.
But even then, looking at Koizumi, their idea of a younger developer is someone whose been working alongside Miyamoto since Mario 64 (not that he isn’t a fantastic breath of fresh air for the company).
Their efforts are showing though, simply with how more with-the-times Switch-era Nintendo is than Wii U-Nintendo. However things like them flaunting their poor online service show that it’s just part of the culture.

The place I learned about this whole thing was actually in an article where one of Splatoon 2’s directors responded to the outcry for 24/7 Salmon Run, where he said some stuff about other people not understand how things work in Japan, and basically how in Japan they’re just going to do whatever they think is right because they made the product.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
There are people in that thread that are chill and quite nice. But there's a number of people there who twist your words and are way oversensitive over the minimal stuff regarding their worshipped character. I mean, if we're going to discuss the possibility of inclusion and all, we gotta be ready to hear the logical reasons why our character might not be in the game. I have my favorites, and I'm ready to accept they might not be in. I'm not going to create a "safe space" to let me live in a fantasy world where the things I want to discuss have to be strictly the way I want it to be.
A pity though. There really are cool people there. But there's also a part of the crowd that makes it impossible to keep on debating.
Yeah, I had to hit the ignore button on one of the people there because they were being a bit of an *** to me. But it's whatevs

D

Deleted member

Mother of God why is that account so old who is Him
Don't disrespect Him. He will come at you with a vengeance, as He knows no bounds. In the beginning, there was no light nor shadow. Only Him. It was Him who lead to the life you lead today. Show some respect to Him.

D

Deleted member

Well that's not why I went into the thread. I went there to find out who the DLC character might be, since the leakers were posting there. It's not like I went there with the intention of saying "Geno's not likely to make it in guys". No, I went there to find out what character was most likely. That's all. Then people starting talking about his likeliness and other people were saying he wasn't as likely as other SE reps, and I chimed in, and then one thing led to another
That’s fine, but you should have seen it coming. People are inevitably going to respond when you say a character isn’t likely in a thread that is literally entirely focused on supporting that character.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I wasn't saying you weren't respectful. I'm saying there's a time and place.

To stick with my sports bar scenario, real Browns fans already know their team isn't the best. No one came into this year-- or this decade-- thinking they had a legitimate shot at winning the Super Bowl. But inside that sports bar, the Browns are the best damn team in football, and they get to hang out with their Browns buddies talking about how good the Browns are and how this year will be the year.

Even if they're wrong, let them have that. That's what they made the thread for: to build an echo chamber of Geno-positivity since the actual likelihood of Geno winning his Super Bowl is astronomically low. It's just kind of natural for them to not want you there if you're disturbing that, regardless of intentions. The same thing happened in the old Daisy thread when someone would come in and say, "You know that's just brunette Peach, right?" then everyone would collectively tell him to GTFO.
You're right. I wish it hadn't gotten out of hand like it did. I only went in there with the intention of learning who the SE rep might be, since that's where the info was being dropped

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Total Drama Island IS pretty good tho
It was a childhood favorite for me, as someone who is a big fan of survivor shows. It was risque for a kids show with swearing and nudity, and had fun characters to watch.

World tour was neat too. Ezekiel gag was hilarious (but has drawn it's course now...poor parents.)

Ridonculous Race was a decent spin-off. The goths were hilarious.

Total Drama Daycare is just about the worse spin-off I've EVER seen. Especially when the show could have easily done a high school spin off instead which would have worked WAY better , given how large the cast is.

Anyways ...

I am thinking DLC tomorrow for smash. Idk why.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My bets on the character reveal if we end up getting a reveal (maybe not the case, but it is fun to imagine stuff):

-Crash Bandicoot.
-SE Rep.
-Sylux.
-Banjo.

One of these four.

D

Deleted member

I-- Uh.

I mean. How do I provide evidence of something not happening?

How do the anti-Climate Change people do it?
Well you said it yourself. You can’t provide evidence for your claims. Case closed boys.

D

Deleted member

Joke's on you, my mom couldn't handle the stress of raising a child therefore a gay couple she was close friends with adopted me
Joke's on you, my parents refused to accept that I had a boyfriend and kicked me out at an early age and I had to live with my uncle and aunt for most of my life who were also awful but not to the point they would kick me out

this thread is getting depressing tbh

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well you said it yourself. You can’t provide evidence for your claims. Case closed boys.
But a lack of evidence to prove something happened isn't the same as providing evidence to prove it did happen!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well, I didn't say anything bad like that. I was being respectful about what I said, and was trying to be careful with my words
It all depends on how and when you formulate your post.

For example, I posted a little while back on the Geno thread about how I feel on him.

Keep in mind, I’ve never been a fan of Geno or have supported him ever.

When I went into the thread, I saw that recently, people were coming into the thread saying that Geno had no chance.

I started my response saying that I would never denounce a character’s fan base, stated that I was NOT a supporter of Geno, but I did believe he had SOME chance of getting in. Then I wished the thread the best and said that I hope they get what they wish for.

IIRC, that’s post has about 10-12 likes.

It all depends on how you word your opinion. It can make a BIG difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom