• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
it's times like this that I'm reminded my unrealistic hopes aren't really that unrealistic in the grand scheme of unrealistic hopes
I want gollum with a smeagol echo

sakurai has dropped so many hints that basically confirm his inclusion as part of the fighter pass.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
A lot like some people in other threads, your point is based on the possibility of editing an already established labelling and info.
If you know Sakurai, you would be aware that he is extremely consistent and pays attention to detail. Even in Smash 4 you never had him go back and change something like this. I really don't think this is the case. It's VII or go home for him.

Uhhhh... They only took AC as a skin and Cloud's visual appearance from Dissidia. Only his dash animation is from that game. The rest is more faithful to his game incarnation than most other appearances. Sakurai is, thank goodness, looking at the original game (the only one that matters, specially considering the expanded universe is not only garbage but isn't even canon to the remake), so if he made Sephiroth, he sword would be long, but not pathetically huge like in the expanded universe joke.

Actually, you're wrong. All of the summons use their FFVII design.
Not really, Sakurai never changed a series labelling because he's never had a reason to. If he did, he would. Were he to add another FF character not from VII, he'd change the series to Final Fantasy. He wouldn't be so stupid as to lock himself out of using particular characters simply due to something so minute. He is not as stubborn as people paint him to be.

Nope, Ifrit does not use his Final Fantasy VII design, which lacks the feiry red hair, he uses a design similar to but unique from FFVIII's Ifrit. I looked this up on Final Fantasy Wiki last night to be sure.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So if Nintendo shows up tomorrow with Metroid Prime Trilogy, Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 featuring Lady Gaga, AND Smash.

Is that safe to say it'd be their biggest showing at the VGAS? The only thing I can think of is Breath of the Wild reveal.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Can we just make a thread for discussing ridiculous non-game characters that will never be in Smash? It'd clean this place up a bit :4pacman:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Not really, Sakurai never changed a series labelling because he's never had a reason to. If he did, he would. Were he to add another FF character not from VII, he'd change the series to Final Fantasy.

Nope, Ifrit does not use his Final Fantasy VII design, which lacks the feiry red hair, he uses a design similar to but unique from FFVIII's Ifrit. I looked this up on Final Fantasy Wiki last night to be sure.
You are correct regarding Ifrit, and I apologize. But the labelling of the series makes no sense. If he intended to consider someone outside of VII, he wouldn't have labelled the series in-game and on the site the way he did. He would have left the door open. Also, remember S-E usually takes a while to reach licensing agreements, so it's safe to assume that they might have chosen the character back before E3 when they got Cloud back. It also makes sense with the narrative that insiders have been hearing about a S-E rep back in August.

D

Deleted member

I want gollum with a smeagol echo

sakurai has dropped so many hints that basically confirm his inclusion as part of the fighter pass.
He's not a Spirit, so you're good fam. He's basically confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
box theory: lame
download card theory: what a shame

View attachment 181640
paris advertisement theory: GAME
Oh please, no. Not a another theory. Have we forgotten how much of an uproar both Blog theory and Box theory caused. And box theory ended up being the winner. How about we just stick to the five slots that we know are coming currently instead of pretending that there could be more than five.

It’s just a blank space! It’s just promo material. Let’s calm down, it may mean nothing in the end.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So if Nintendo shows up tomorrow with Metroid Prime Trilogy, Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 featuring Lady Gaga, AND Smash.

Is that safe to say it'd be their biggest showing at the VGAS? The only thing I can think of is Breath of the Wild reveal.
Wait. Is there an actual rumor of Lady Gaga voicing someone in Bayo 3 or is it just cuz she loves the game?

She would make a dope villain

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
all this talk about Edelgard (or however is spelled) have me wondering about corrin.

I mean, let's face it.. the only reason people want Edelgard is:
a) New Fire emblem game
b) Can use an Axe, even if we don't really know it will be it's iconic weapon
c) She is a cutie with silver hair.

all thing considered, FE sword fatigue is one of teh main points people want her. and my point about corrin is...

Did she really needed a sword? I haven't played Fates, but i know that Yato was some kind of legendary sword and you probably do a couple of quest to unlock it's full potential... tipical fantasy trope. question for the people who played fates. was those quest memorables or at least interestingt? or it was just "the extra power is welcome" kinda of quest?

And my next point is... does Corrin really miss something if you took away Yato? I think that she lose a lot if you took away the manakete, or the family stuff... but honestly from an outside view, i feel that Yato is completely incidental and is there just because "it comes with the FE protagonist package".

And to my final point, do you think people would be more accepting of corrin if her moveset was full manakete and choose to ignore Yato? i mean.. the chainsword concept was kinda cool.. but is only used on HALF A MOVE (Side smash charging)
Unrelated but I feel I need to tag you sense you put the thought in my head.

If I had to pick another Fire Emblem Character it would totally be Medeus. He’s a warlock and an Earth Dragon. Not only is that not something you could see anywhere else in Smash, but it’s also not common among Dragons. I think he’d be really cool and unique. Different from almost every other Fire Emblem character. And another Villain. He’s the Ganon to Marth’s Link.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait. Is there an actual rumor of Lady Gaga voicing someone in Bayo 3 or is it just cuz she loves the game?

I wanted the main villain (or secondary villain) to be Dante. Kamiya has talked about it before and I feel like they could be great rivals. Just have Dante accidentally end up in Bayo’s world for a bit while riding his motorcycle back from Hell, and have him get roped in with the Angels sense, you know, he hunts demons and have the two clash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

She's at the same rehearsal platform as other VGA performers dancing around in a mocap suit. It's seeming like she's tied to Bayonetta somehow.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wanted the main villain (or secondary villain) to be Dante. Kamiya has talked about it before and I feel like they could be great rivals. Just have Dante accidentally end up in Bayo’s world for a bit while riding his motorcycle back from Hell, and have him get roped in with the Angels sense, you know, he hunts demons and have the two clash.
Didn't he also said he wants them to team up, not fight?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Picture this:
It's the Game Awards

It's been a great time. Crash Team Racing has a trailer. Metroid Prime 4 is announced as coming early next year. Expectations are at an all time high. Dishonored 3 gets revealed too, and Superman, sure, why not. Nintendo announces Super Mario Maker 2. Celeste wins Game of the Year.

Masahiro Sakurai appears on stage. The crowd goes ballistic.

"We have...one more thing to say."

The Smash logo appears behind him. The crowd explodes. Sakurai smiles.

"Have a great time playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tomorrow, everyone!"

The VGAs end.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Plus. Imagine getting to play as Dante and he gets his own Sexy Nintendo Costumes. Dante as a sexy Mario is something I need.

Why on earth aren’t Bayo’s Nintendo costumes in Smash. It makes too much sense.
Didn't he also said he wants them to team up, not fight?
True. I always pictured him being used like Jeanne and Baldur. Where they fight as rivals before teaming up at the end.

Imagine a line in Devil May Cry 5.

Trish: Where have you been?
Dante: Killing Angels.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Is this Gaga thing just speculation based off of her being a fan of Bayonetta or did they actually confirm something lol

D

Deleted member

Picture this:
It's the Game Awards

It's been a great time. Crash Team Racing has a traer. Metroid Prime 4 is announced as coming early next year. Expectations are at an all time high. Dishonored 3 gets revealed too, and Superman, sure, why not. Nintendo announces Super Mario Maker 2. Celeste wins Game of the Year.

The VGAs end.
lol imagine if Celeste won GOTY.

D

Deleted member

OH GOD!

I just bought the Ridley Amiibo.
1544039247294-1209839966.jpg

I am at a place called "El Corte Inglés".

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Picture this:
It's the Game Awards

It's been a great time. Crash Team Racing has a traer. Metroid Prime 4 is announced as coming early next year. Expectations are at an all time high. Dishonored 3 gets revealed too, and Superman, sure, why not. Nintendo announces Super Mario Maker 2. Celeste wins Game of the Year.

The VGAs end.
"We have... one more thing to say".

"Due to all you ****ers leaking my goddamn game LITERALLY ONE ****ING WEEK BEFORE LAUNCH, we have decided to delay Smash Ultimate until February 2018 so we have time to remove all the returning vets and resell them as DLC for $9.99 each. Piranha Plant is no longer free. One of the vets has been removed and replaced with a live action sitcom rep. We'll leave it to you to figure out which one. Enjoy your leaked game while you can, as all Ultimate data out right now will explode your computer. Have a nice night"

D

Deleted member

Madeline and Badeline as Ice Climbers semi-clone announced at the same time.
Y’know, when I read Madeline and Badeline, I mentally defaulted to the next phrase being “did someone say javelin?’

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

"Due to all you ****ers leaking my goddamn game LITERALLY ONE ****ING WEEK BEFORE LAUNCH, we have decided to delay Smash Ultimate until February 2018 so we have time to remove all the returning vets and resell them as DLC for $9.99 each. Piranha Plant is no longer free. One of the vets has been removed and replaced with a live action sitcom rep. We'll leave it to you to figure out which one. Enjoy your leaked game while you can, as all Ultimate data out right now will explode your computer. Have a nice night"
if this means urkel finally made it in i'm all for it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is this Gaga thing just speculation based off of her being a fan of Bayonetta or did they actually confirm something lol
Not confirmed, but pieces are adding up. The mo-cap suit, same reherasal center as VGA awards, the Bayonetta tweets. It could of course tie into her Vegas residency that starts at the end of the month as well though.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

It's George Costanza. He's a Marth clone with a baseball bat.

D

Deleted member

I will post a picture of it alongside some stuff that i own of the Fantastic Four, Metroid and Crash when i come home to prove that i am serious.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
if this means urkel finally made it in i'm all for it
Luckily for you, we're getting Urkel's Grandma as an Echo Fighter, and Urkel's Shirt as a separate character too!

Not confirmed, but pieces are adding up. The mo-cap suit, same reherasal center as VGA awards, the Bayonetta tweets. It could of course tie into her Vegas residency that starts at the end of the month as well though.
Or it could just be a cameo ala Skrillex from Wreck-It Ralph.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh **** there's more than her tweets? God, my mother was a huge Gaga fan and I got a good taste of that so if this happens this would be the the best "Childhood music" experience ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom