• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else from the U.K. pre order from GAME? Mine hasn’t been shipped yet but it’s says Royal Mail 1st class and they’ll ship it tomorrow. Anyone else in the same situation?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
How would you feel if the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Superman and Batman joined Smash... But not Wolverine?
I'd be confused and a little bit angry, because none of those characters make sense and I wouldn't want any of them. If they were dlc for this game, it'd be a major pass on the dlc pass for me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think there is another bird that can make me angry by just showing his face.

"Why Fantastic Four?"
Because Stan Lee loved the characters, and wanted to see them first in the MCU and Disney from all the Fox properties.

It is a wonderful tribute to his legacy, and the origins of Marvel.

Of course, this is just something that Marvel would call a "What if?", because it will never happen for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Can we stop talking about cartoon dogs and start talking about the REAL cartoon rep?
hqdefault.jpg

RIP Stephen Hillenburg

Last edited by a moderator:

Untouch

Smash Master
If Erdrick is revealed, I hope they show him in a super close up and awkward angle that focuses on his hair so it look like Goku is confirmed for a second or two.
I hope they do show a silhouette of the character they're teasing first, and it's Erdrick or Crono, so we can argue that it's actually Goku for 3 months.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
How would you feel if the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Superman and Batman joined Smash... But not Wolverine?
Isn’t that basically what went wrong with MvCI?
Never played it since I really don’t know Capcom properties, but Bucky and Black Widow DLC was tempting.

I’d totally be down for a Marvel vs. DC game though.

Uhh, Smash - so I made the Avengers for my Miis last round. I’m def having a Skull Kid mii this one though; that costume looks great. Would love a good Tails one (the last one was ****) and a Dovahkiin if neither are gonna be playable.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Because Stan Lee loved the characters, and wanted to see them first in the MCU and Disney from all the Fox properties.

Of course, this is just something that Marvel would call a "What if?", because it will never happen for a long time.
I'm not about to diss on Stan Lee. He was a great man and I respect him dearly, but those characters don't really belong in Smash

osby

Smash Obsessed

Okay, but Smash isn't MCU and Fantastic Four isn't really that popular or important. They could just put them into a Marvel game if they want to honor someone's memory.

D

Deleted member

Never played it since I really don’t know Capcom properties, but Bucky and Black Widow DLC was tempting.

Uhh, Smash - so I made the Avengers for my Miis last round. I’m def having a Skull Kid mii this one though; that costume looks great. Would love a good Tails one (the last one was ****) and a Dovahkiin if neither are gonna be playable.
For the first question, partially. No X Men really hurt the game in the eyes of many cause the series’ very first game was an x-men fighter, but the graphics, DLC and Capcom roster certainly didn’t help either.

D

Deleted member

I have my Fantastic Four Mii prepared, and i made them the best way i could.

And MvC:I also had a dissapointing lack of FF stuff alongside the X-Men. But at least in that case i understand the interest on the X-Men because they were who started the series in the first place with X-Men vs Street Fighter.

D

Deleted member

I'm not about to diss on Stan Lee. He was a great man and I respect him dearly, but those characters don't really belong in Smash
I know.
But i find it fun to talk about it.

The only character who i really want in a serious way is Crash Bandicoot.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Ultimate releases in 2 days and TGA is tomorrow, and y'all are talking about cartoon characters.....

Goodbye, I'll try coming back in an hour or two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ultimate released in 2 days and TGA is tomorrow, and y'all are talking about cartoon characters.....

I'll try coming back in an hour or two.
I would talk about what i wish for CTR, but that should go in the Crash thread.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Spyro for Crash Tag Team Racing btw. Make it happen. They've already shared the spotlight because of Skylanders, so why not?

D

Deleted member

Honestly though, jokes aside, I don't want a non-videogame rep. It would go against the main purpose of Smash Bros: a celebration of videogame history

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I don't feel it would be as similar, but i guess i can be mistaken. For Lucina and Chrom, the Falchion is both an important part of their characters and an important part of the story. it may be the tired fantasy trope of the "only sword to kill teh dragon" (Balmung and siegfried if i'm not mistaken) and be a direct callback to teh first fire emblem. but in teh end, teh falchion is a symbol of hope against the total annhilitaion that Grima is supposed to be. this kind of Primeval Evil. Lucina is teh same, except that her sword is also a symbol of a fallen world, and the only connection she keep of her father.

So yeah, taking the falchion out of those 2 kinda hurts.

Is really Corrin sword is as important to the whole story? or the character?

So is basically a Deux ex Machina of the worst kind?

I really think that Corrin design worked well enough with the manakete stuff (being different to the rest) and the whole "Family ties" that seems to be the whole point of Fates. adding also a "Legendary sword" feels more like a liability to the design that something that helps her stand out, Unlike Chrom or Lucina.

If at the moment of designing Corrin, you didn't NEED to put a legendary sword somewhere, maybe just a manakete moveset would been enough?
I’d say the Yato is important to the plot. From lore we learn the Yato was crafted by the Rainbow Sage to serve as a godkiller weapon in case the First Dragons ever degenerated. It was crafted alongside Siegfried, Brynhildr, Fujin Yumi, and Raijinto, and the union of these weapons would allow the Yato to reach it’s final form. The weapon chooses it’s wielder, and it is said whoever wields it is destined to change the world. It’s interesting in account to the decision Corrin has to make, since the Yato will never reach it’s true form if they choose to join a specific nation. The Yato’s final form and the version that’s in Smash, Omega Yato, is only obtained in Revelations and essentially symbolizes the union between the two nations. So yes, I’d say it goes very well with Corrin.

Also, even though Corrin does get the Yato very early in the story, lore-wise it’s not remarkably powerful, especially compared to Raijinto and Siegfried, and they still have to pass a trial later on in all three routes to unlock the seal preventing it from evolving in the presence of the other legendary weapons. So they don’t technically have a super OP weapon right from the start.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it's times like this that I'm reminded my unrealistic hopes aren't really that unrealistic in the grand scheme of unrealistic hopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom