• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Luckily for you, we're getting Urkel's Grandma as an Echo Fighter, and Urkel's Shirt as a separate character too!

Or it could just be a cameo ala Skrillex from Wreck-It Ralph.
Gaga being involved in Bayo in any way is like, dream territory for me. She's one of the best pop stars of the modern era, if not the best. Just throw a song from Artpop on the OST as battle music and I'm sold. It gets more eyes on the Bayo franchise as well which is awesome.

D

Deleted member

Here's a list of my DLC characters than will never happen:
  • Any one of the Shin Megami Tensei protagonists
  • Kazuma Kiryu
  • Bill Rizier
  • Cole Macgrath
  • Alex Mercer
  • Commander Shepard
  • Scorpion

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait Bayonetta has made it a habit not to just do vocal battle themes but use actual songs in the first level. First one had Fly Me To The Moon, second one had Moon River and is this one going to get a Gaga song? I vote Bad Romance even if it doesn't fit Bayo's character

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Gaga being involved in Bayo in any way is like, dream territory for me. She's one of the best pop stars of the modern era, if not the best. Just throw a song from Artpop on the OST as battle music and I'm sold. It gets more eyes on the Bayo franchise as well which is awesome.
Hmm. Is Lady Gaga the best modern pop musician, or is it Tyler the Creator? We should get them to settle that.

In Smash of course.

D

Deleted member

I've never listened that much to Lady Gaga's music.

I'm a rock and roll/metal guy, so Rolling Stones and Pantera for me.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wait Bayonetta has made it a habit not to just do vocal battle themes but use actual songs in the first level. First one had Fly Me To The Moon, second one had Moon River and is this one going to get a Gaga song? I vote Bad Romance even if it doesn't fit Bayo's character
That'd be amazing! I nominate G.U.Y.

Or anything from Artpop considering it's one of the best albums in recent memory and I will die on this hill. You could pick so many Gaga songs and they'd be a blast to fight to.

D

Deleted member

Is it bad that I thought Lady Gaga had retired or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah, it needs to be thematically linked to Fly Me to the Moon.

Put Komm, Süsser Tod.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I wanted the main villain (or secondary villain) to be Dante. Kamiya has talked about it before and I feel like they could be great rivals. Just have Dante accidentally end up in Bayo’s world for a bit while riding his motorcycle back from Hell, and have him get roped in with the Angels sense, you know, he hunts demons and have the two clash.
He definitely seems like he’d be a secondary villain. And then he becomes an ally near the end for the team up against the real big bad

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You thought she'd retired from music or just in general? She legit has a Vegas show coming up, she might get nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress, her last album was only 3 years ago as well.

I mean she could retire and be set for life, but she's kind of on fire right now.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Given her unique fashion sense, she could totally pull off the mocap for a Lumen Sage character.

I mean, I don't follow up on that stuff anymore, so I'm in no position to say anything. I guess it's probably just because you listen to the radio a bunch and nothing for her comes up, leading you to believe she retired?

D

Deleted member

You thought she'd retired from music or just in general? She legit has a Vegas show coming up, she might get nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress, her last album was only 3 years ago as well.

I mean she could retire and be set for life, but she's kind of on fire right now.
Music. I just hadn’t heard anything remotely about her in years, so I assumed that she quit I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I dunno, the other 2 are jazz songs, a genre that fits way better with Bayo's smooth assuredness and graceful cadence. Admittedly this puts me at a bit of a loss as to what I'd like to hear since most of my favourite jazz songs are instrumentals (Moanin', In a Silent Way, Bumble Boogie etc.) but I think its a direction that deserves to be kept.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I dunno, the other 2 are jazz songs, a genre that fits way better with Bayo's smooth assuredness and graceful cadence. Admittedly this puts me at a bit of a loss as to what I'd like to hear since most of my favourite jazz songs are instrumentals (Moanin', In a Silent Way, Bumble Boogie etc.) but I think its a direction that deserves to be kept.
Well, Gaga DID release Cheek-to-Cheek so they could do both!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If Erdrick is revealed, I hope they show him in a super close up and awkward angle that focuses on his hair so it look like Goku is confirmed for a second or two.
At the very least I hope Sakurai talks about it in the inevitable Famitsu column or interview.

Sakurai: "We receive a good amount of requests for Goku, but since he's an anime character we can't add him. However, Erdrick was created by the same character designer as Goku, Akira Toriyama, so he's as close as Goku fans will get."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of this talk about Lady Gaga, and here I am, the only In Flames fans, not having a single clue about anything that's being said :laugh:.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The mo-cap video had her dancing to Aura which is from Artpop.

D

Deleted member

nice lego figure of fantastic four you got there, and are you planning to get dark samus as well?

I'm planning to get snake amiibo by the moment it was announced
I will get Dark Samus, K.Rool and every third party rep.

That includes Echoes like Richter and Ken.

D

Deleted member

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult would it be to get a job as a developer at Nintendo in Japan?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The mo-cap video had her dancing to Aura which is from Artpop.
Imagine Big Smoke as I react appropriately: OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's a fantastic choice. Maybe we get to interrupt a Gaga concert in-game or something.

Also wow I haven't talked about Smash at all my last few posts. Whoops. Uhhhh c-clearly this is for a Jeanne echo fighter mocapped by Gaga.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom