• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah Erdrick could be male or female, though in the original version of Dragon Quest 3 the differences between the two were pretty minor due to the low resolution of the sprite work, they really didn't have different looking sprites. Though later versions gave them a bit more distinction by giving the female version a slightly less bulky figure and different hair though because they were still mostly tiny sprites the differences were still minor, the official artwork is what really shows the differences between the two. Definitely less drastic of a difference compared to Robin or Corrin for example. If they are going to do Erdrick I still think they should do both genders frankly.

They look like an adorable twin brother and sister combo

Bionichute

Smash Champion
erdrick is still the absolute most boring choice for a dragon quest character, even if he is one of the two that would ever happen

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Even though my singing is actually horrible (like actually bad, like there's nothing redeemable about it at all. I'm not like trained or anything for ****) there's something genuinely therapeutic about hiking far enough in the woods behind my apartment building so nobody can hear it and singing at the top of my lungs

SHOW US LIIIIGHT FOR NOOWWWWW
The lyric are so good too

Wake up, get up, get out there
Raise your voice against liars
Feed your anger like fire
Why does nobody want change?

Just imagine you're out there
Swatting lies in the making
Can't move fast without breaking
If you hold on life won't change

Fuuuug man, its so good

jeremyjeeps

Smash Rookie
Going to be a sad night tonight the last time playing smash 4 with my friends and retiring the old Wii U. But at the same time cannot wait for that 9pm release tomorrow and the 10 day vacation i took off work to play ultimate.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

Fuuuug man, its so good
I was like 65 hours into that game before my controller died, I'm buying another ps3 controller again soon so I can finish it

D

Deleted member

OMG GUYSH
breaking-news.png

IT HAS HAPPENINGED
(it's a joke)

Last edited by a moderator:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
They look like an adorable twin brother and sister combo
Suppose that would makes sense since they are basically the same person based on the Player's choice lol.

erdrick is still the absolute most boring choice for a dragon quest character, even if he is one of the two that would ever happen
Erdrick is probably one of the more well recognized Dragon Quest characters as he was basically the original cause of the events that happened in the first two games and is probably one of the more referenced Dragon Quest central protagonists in future games. He probably works well as a representative of the entire series as a whole from a history sense. Most Dragon Quest protagonists are fairly similar outside of their appearances, so you'd either have to go with someone like Erdrick who has classic recognition, one of the more recent ones like the Luminary that people would recongize, or you have to go off wall and do something like Slime or one of the other party members which probably only would work with more recent games due to there simply being so many party members in the series.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
We think its new amazing smash content when it could also be more Piranha Plant. And since I brought piranha plant up into discussion, let me show you new footage of our plant friend.
What a masterpiece. I want more.

Fuuuug man, its so good
That's my alarm to wake up in the morning lol.

On one hand, it's my alarm. But on the other hand...

WAKE UP, GET UP, GET OUT THERE!
RAISE YOUR VOICE AGAINST LIARS
FEED YOUR ANGER LIKE FIRE
WHY DOES NOBODY WANT CHANGE?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I meant Smash fans and/or LPS fans in general. But I couldn't fit that and the second thing, so... :facepalm:
I guess I would lose my mind too, but more in a "what the **** is actually going on right now holy **** what the actual **** is happening how did some children's cartoon dog get into Smash HOLY **** GOKU COULD ACTUALLY BE IN NOW WTF" way rather then a "oh cool" way

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Say would you recommend Fate/Extella at all?
With Extella Link coming out? Nah, just wait for that. Even if they don't improve on content(which I hope they do), the expanded roster should be enough so it's just a straight up upgrade not to mention it has online versus.

Still, Extella is a more simplistic Musou game, the enemy hordes are kinda boring but the movesets are just SO fun. I bekieve they really captured the feeling of playing as these overpowered Servants. When I just want mindless fun, I just pop it on my Switch and go around beating stiff with Artoria.
The first game definitely suffers from a lack of content though. You have Story Mode, Side Story Mode and Free Mode.
Story gets boring real quick as your only playable characters in it are the three main heroines and one of their generals(if you have a Switch Code Cast). Side Story is just three chapters long for each character in comparison to the six or so from each main story arc. And Free Battle selection is kind of a mess tbh since it's divided by boss yoi face and the stage they're found instead of one or the other.

I have no idea how much Extella Link will fix the first game's issues but at the end of the day, as a Musou game, it's something you buy for the fanservice and to play as your favorite characters, and boy, do they deliver on that.

D

Deleted member

I agree with the local hater.
or are you the local hater? lol
I guess I would lose my mind too, but more in a "what the **** is actually going on right now holy **** what the actual **** is happening how did some children's cartoon dog get into Smash HOLY **** GOKU COULD ACTUALLY BE IN NOW WTF" way rather then a "oh cool" way
Yup, that's how I thought everyone would react to it.

Okay, I'm gonna put this in big text because it's important:
Imagine how priceless Etika's reaction to Zoe would be.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Would you guys be mad if this chick from Fire Emblem Three Houses was added as DLC... But wasn't a sword fighter?
I've seen her use Axes, so it's probable. As a fan of FE I don't really care, as long as that game is good and we don't get Corrin 2.0
You say "I've seen her use Axes", while Edelgard clearly is holding an Axe in the image. :laugh:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's how I'd react:

Smash? More like belongs in the trash!

D

Deleted member

or are you the local hater? lol

Yup, that's how I thought everyone would react to it.

Okay, I'm gonna put this in big text because it's important:
Imagine how priceless Etika's reaction to Zoe would be.
"who the **** is this dog bro thats the first tv character and its not Goku? Bull****"

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Would you guys be mad if this chick from Fire Emblem Three Houses was added as DLC... But wasn't a sword fighter?
I've seen her use Axes, so it's probable. As a fan of FE I don't really care, as long as that game is good and we don't get Corrin 2.0
This image makes me really want Edelgard. It's a shame she likely won't be in the first Fighters Pass.

Maybe she and Sora can get into a potential second one.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Who’s prepared for the inevitable character mods that’ll come months in advance once the game hits?

Cause I know I am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom