• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

I have no idea. I went to a tournament one time after my usual routine and someone came up to me and sniffed me and went "WOW you smell good, what a rarity".

And it's like...such a shame it's a rarity lmao.
Who just like, sniffs people

Like imagine walking up to someone, sniffing them, and saying "wow you smell good"

The thought of that disturbs me

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Like imagine walking up to someone, sniffing them, and saying "wow you smell good"

sniffing, snorting sound right next to your ear
low whisper from behind you: "nice"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everything here is deep. We must analyse everything.
So let’s talk about those chairs and why they confirm Skull Kid.
Are you stupid or just being purposefully obtuse? Those chairs obviously confirmed Isabelle (yellow) and Incineroar, who has a purple alt.

/s

D

Deleted member

When you are in a room full of stinky people you latch onto the few that smell good.

D

Deleted member

What is making it more likely? The fact that he doesn't have a spirit?- That hasn't changed, so he still has the same % chance. He's more likely than he was a year ago because of the port, of course. I just don't know if it's smart to keep repeating that mantra when no revelations about him are occuring. Are you just trying to get people hyped up about him? If so, that's totally fine! But I hope you're not convincing yourself he's actually more likely when nothing is affecting his chances right now.
If Crash Team Racing comes to Switch, it is another step, tbh.

And Activision is doing well on the Switch at the moment between Crash and Diablo.

Last edited by a moderator:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
all this talk about Edelgard (or however is spelled) have me wondering about corrin.

I mean, let's face it.. the only reason people want Edelgard is:
a) New Fire emblem game
b) Can use an Axe, even if we don't really know it will be it's iconic weapon
c) She is a cutie with silver hair.

all thing considered, FE sword fatigue is one of teh main points people want her. and my point about corrin is...

Did she really needed a sword? I haven't played Fates, but i know that Yato was some kind of legendary sword and you probably do a couple of quest to unlock it's full potential... tipical fantasy trope. question for the people who played fates. was those quest memorables or at least interestingt? or it was just "the extra power is welcome" kinda of quest?

And my next point is... does Corrin really miss something if you took away Yato? I think that she lose a lot if you took away the manakete, or the family stuff... but honestly from an outside view, i feel that Yato is completely incidental and is there just because "it comes with the FE protagonist package".

And to my final point, do you think people would be more accepting of corrin if her moveset was full manakete and choose to ignore Yato? i mean.. the chainsword concept was kinda cool.. but is only used on HALF A MOVE (Side smash charging)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Crash in smash? More like belongs in the trash!

Seriously though, don’t want crash bandicoot at all...but I love his original trilogy and would accept CTR to come to the switch.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Everything here is deep. We must analyse everything.
So let’s talk about those chairs and why they confirm Skull Kid.
Y'know, I feel vindicated now that everyone realizes how dumb it was to analyze a staged backdrop that Sakurai likely had little say in designing. I remember explaining that companies like Nintendo typically employ other companies who specialize in set design for these videos and that any background hint was likely pure coincidence and getting told I didn't know anything, even though I work for one such company.

Like, I would have preferred that Skull Kid was in the game, but being right is a very close runner-up.

D

Deleted member

Crash in smash? More like belongs in the trash!

Seriously though, don’t want crash bandicoot at all...but I love his original trilogy and would accept CTR to come to the switch.
I rate the first part of your post with a 0/10 because it is false.

I rate the second part 10/10 because it is an acceptable opinnion, and doesn't bash other people's wishes.

And yes, i would love CTR on Switch a lot.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
all this talk about Edelgard (or however is spelled) have me wondering about corrin.

I mean, let's face it.. the only reason people want Edelgard is:
a) New Fire emblem game
b) Can use an Axe, even if we don't really know it will be it's iconic weapon
c) She is a cutie with silver hair.

all thing considered, FE sword fatigue is one of teh main points people want her. and my point about corrin is...

Did she really needed a sword? I haven't played Fates, but i know that Yato was some kind of legendary sword and you probably do a couple of quest to unlock it's full potential... tipical fantasy trope. question for the people who played fates. was those quest memorables or at least interestingt? or it was just "the extra power is welcome" kinda of quest?

And my next point is... does Corrin really miss something if you took away Yato? I think that she lose a lot if you took away the manakete, or the family stuff... but honestly from an outside view, i feel that Yato is completely incidental and is there just because "it comes with the FE protagonist package".

And to my final point, do you think people would be more accepting of corrin if her moveset was full manakete and choose to ignore Yato? i mean.. the chainsword concept was kinda cool.. but is only used on HALF A MOVE (Side smash charging)
I've played SOME of fates, I didn't beat it. But I know that their signature sword in the game is the Yato, so if they wanted to represent that character best? Then they had to have them with the cool flame sword. Losing the Yato would be similar to Chrom or Lucina losing their falchion, so I'd say it was a big enough deal. I don't think Corrin would've been much more interesting with a different weapon anyways, but that's just because I have bias to not like Corrin as much as the other FE reps due to them being dumb :'^)

If their moveset was full manakete or had more? I think people would be MUCH more down for that. Just imagining it sounds rad, if only their down b turned them fully into a dragon instead of just another counter.

D

Deleted member

*Pokes head in thread for a second*

Hewwo. owo

Just popping back in for a bit to share how excited I am for this Friday! Y'know, everytime I stop and think about this game, I find myself thinking: "There's a new Smash game, and it's out this week. There's...a new Smash Bros. with characters like Inklings, Ridley, and King K. Rool in it, with an Adventure Mode, Everyone is Here, 103 stages with each one having three different forms, 800 music tracks, and it comes out this week. Nah, it can't be. You're lying, it's just a big 'ol fib. There's no way there's actually a Smash Bros. this soon in the Switch's lifespan with this much content and even more on the way until 2020."

Seriously, this game is unreal. Like, it feels like it should be impossible that it exists, and yet it does. It does indeed exists, and words can't describe how happy it makes me that it does. Although, I am having a bit of a problem in deciding what I wanna do first: Do I wanna jump into matches with my brothers right away, or do I want to experience solo modes like WoL and Classic and start working on character unlocks right away? Unfortunately, my attempts to spoiler dodge have not been perfect. While reading a stream schedule for someone I was going to be watching while playing on midnight launch, someone directly tweeted a spoiler at them and I unfortunately saw it. Not a huge deal, but disappointing nonetheless. At least it was only text and not pictures, so that's good.

Ajimu

Smash Cadet
What if there is a surprise free fighter at the end of DLC ?

What if this fighter is Meat Boy ?

How about Nuclear Gandhi from Civilization?

I only see such game picks. Predictions are way less interesting than imagination.

(Seriously though, Meat Boy for Smash!)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Did she really needed a sword? I haven't played Fates, but i know that Yato was some kind of legendary sword and you probably do a couple of quest to unlock it's full potential... tipical fantasy trope.
Heh. That's where you'll be even more disappointed.

You don't really. You start the game, **** happens around you and then the game's like, "Oh! Here's the legendary Yato which is even more legendary than the eight other legendary weapons all your siblings own, and it's just sticking out of a rock for some reason and here it is floating to your hand!" And then you have the strongest sword in the game and the actual non-tutorial gameplay hasn't even started yet.

The sword does change colors depending on which path you choose, if I remember right, and most story interactions with other characters start with, "I don't trust you Corr-- Wait. Is that the YATO?!??! Okay, let's fight, but nobody will die, and then I'll agree with everything you say and we'll all be best friends."

...I didn't like Fates.

D

Deleted member

*Pokes head in thread for a second*

Hewwo. owo

Just popping back in for a bit to share how excited I am for this Friday! Y'know, everytime I stop and think about this game, I find myself thinking: "There's a new Smash game, and it's out this week. There's...a new Smash Bros. with characters like Inklings, Ridley, and King K. Rool in it, with an Adventure Mode, Everyone is Here, 103 stages with each one having three different forms, 800 music tracks, and it comes out this week. Nah, it can't be. You're lying, it's just a big 'ol fib. There's no way there's actually a Smash Bros. this soon in the Switch's lifespan with this much content and even more on the way until 2020."

Seriously, this game is unreal. Like, it feels like it should be impossible that it exists, and yet it does. It does indeed exists, and words can't describe how happy it makes me that it does. Although, I am having a bit of a problem in deciding what I wanna do first: Do I wanna jump into matches with my brothers right away, or do I want to experience solo modes like WoL and Classic and start working on character unlocks right away? Unfortunately, my attempts to spoiler dodge have not been perfect. While reading a stream schedule for someone I was going to be watching while playing on midnight launch, someone directly tweeted a spoiler at them and I unfortunately saw it. Not a huge deal, but disappointing nonetheless. At least it was only text and not pictures, so that's good.
I am excited for Friday too.

Except for Crash Bandicoot, i got everything that i wanted, so i can't complain at all. And hey! One of my most wanted characters is pretty good by the looks of it and i am happy about that! (K.Rool).

I have the day free, so i will try to get all the stuff related to Metroid first.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I found this great video on Twitter. :laugh:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Hey guys! What's been goin' on this mornin--

> Sakurai with Kojima
> Nintendo tweets out specific Tweet about both Game Awards and Smash Bros.
> Geoff knows something

...are you pissing me.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom