• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fire Emblem Warriors' biggest issue was that it had a Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates ratio of 3/6/9 instead of 6/6/6.

They should've cut out Leo/Elise/Hinoka/Sakura, added Azura to the base game, and put three more Shadow Dragon characters in the base game. "We need to have all the royals" was a piss poor excuse when Minerva, of all people, couldn't make the base roster and had to wait until DLC.

Other than roster imbalance though, the game is great. I'm honestly bummed none of the remixes got into Smash.

Graizen Graizen put those songs in a spoiler tag. I literally can't load the page.

beans

Smash Lord
Like I said, I am going to one. It happens at 9:00 PM Mountain time where I am at.

Wait, there is body odor in the midnight releases in your area?
There are Smash players on that midnight release.
Did you know that they smell?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem Warriors' biggest issue was that it had a Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates ratio of 3/6/9 instead of 6/6/6.

They should've cut out Leo/Elise/Hinoka/Sakura, added Azura to the base game, and put three more Shadow Dragon characters in the base game. "We need to have all the royals" was a piss poor excuse when Minerva, of all people, couldn't make the base roster and had to wait until DLC.

Other than roster imbalance though, the game is great. I'm honestly bummed none of the remixes got into Smash.

Graizen Graizen put those songs in a spoiler tag. I literally can't load the page.
Done , im sorry

Roberk

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem Warriors was a great game, Imo, and I've heard it's one of the best in the musuo genre for the pure gameplay. It's also one of the most successful Warriors games (right behind Hyrule Warriors which is Zelda game), has a lot more content to draw from (there are a dozen or so more unique games/casts to use), and the developers said that they want to do another one. You're kidding yourself if you don't think it won't get a sequel at some point.

It could really use another separate game to spread out the fanservice across more of the series since a lot more people are invested in the older games with Heroes and remakes now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There are Smash players on that midnight release.
Did you know that they smell?
I have been there for the release for Smash Bros 4, and I did not smell anything.

That said, if this is true, did those players ever hear of hygiene and showering?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman

It is a bit odd that there isn't any Hyrule Warriors or FE Warriors music in Smash. It's not like Koei is opposed to Nintendo using their remixes either, consdering FE Warriors music was in Heroes at some point.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
So.....question, who here preorders the game?
I did, on Amazon and now I'm getting worried if they are going to deliver the game to my college's post office since tomorrow is day for H.W. Bush's funeral. Was having second thought about getting game digitally if I don't get anything from amazon saying that the game shipped on Thursday.

beans

Smash Lord
I have been there for the release for Smash Bros 4, and I did not smell anything.

That said, if this is true, did those players ever hear of hygiene and showering?
What is a shower? A miserable little dispenser of water.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Day two, featuring Snake from Metal Gear Solid! (Yes, you read that right, he's our original third party veteran in Brawl along Sonic)

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
The very last song to be put on the blog is How to Play from Melee...

...where they basically turned it into a tune that would not be out of place in a Lord of the Rings battle.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
What you fools must understand is that in order to play this game even on a semi-professional level, there is a strict routine you must follow.
The hygiene thing is not a meme, it is a strategy to prevent more showered players from getting an edge on you in bracket.

1. As soon as you wake up, eat buffalo wings from sonic. Now I know what you're thinking, "Sonic sells buffalo wings?"
Yes they do. They smell horrid.

2. Avoid water for the first 12 hours of the day. You may drink some 3 hours before bed but that is it. This includes products like celery, cucumbers, and lettuce, which are mostly water anyways.

3. Finally you may only wash clothes for interview purposes only. We wouldn't want you to not get a job. But once you obtain that job, do not wash a single article of clothing. As a matter of fact, take that C9 jersey and just leave it in a petting zoo toilet for about 4 days.

This is the ultimate guide to becoming an optimal player.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
What you fools must understand is that in order to play this game even on a semi-professional level, there is a strict routine you must follow.
The hygiene thing is not a meme, it is a strategy to prevent more showered players from getting an edge on you in bracket.

1. As soon as you wake up, eat buffalo wings from sonic. Now I know what you're thinking, "Sonic sells buffalo wings?"
Yes they do. They smell horrid.

2. Avoid water for the first 12 hours of the day. You may drink some 3 hours before bed but that is it. This includes products like celery, cucumbers, and lettuce, which are mostly water anyways.

3. Finally you may only wash clothes for interview purposes only. We wouldn't want you to not get a job. But once you obtain that job, do not wash a single article of clothing. As a matter of fact, take that C9 jersey and just leave it in a petting zoo toilet for about 4 days.

This is the ultimate guide to becoming an optimal player.
Is this how players assert their dominance, in the stench wars?

Untouch

Smash Master
I preordered from amazon. got a discount and day 1 shipping.
I preordered to get a discount, I got day ??? shipping.
Amazon won't tell me when they're shipping, a customer service rep told me I'll get it this week, but that feels unlikely as they haven't even told me when they expect it to arrive yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom