• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Alm gets his animations mirrored and Neutral B is replaced with Link's Bow. Final Smash is scendscale Shield Drop, where Alm just throws his shield off, jumps and then strikes the enemy, it's a OHKO move.
Eirika keeps the tipper mechanic but Down B is replaced with Wii Fit Trainer's Deep Breath. Final Smash is Sacred Stone and it works just like Zelda's.
Reinhardt is pretty much the same as Robin, wielding a Bronze and Levin Sword but with some differences. All of his Thunder spells are recolored blue and Thoron is renamed Dire Thunder. His attacks with the Levin Sword are multi-hits, dealing more damage than Robin's single strikes but less knockback. Down B is replaced with Pikachu's Thunder, being called Bolting. His Final Smash is Magic is Everything, where he summons a number of thunder strikes across the stage much like Pit's pillars of light in his Three Sacred Treasures FS.
Actually, Reinhardt should be a Link Echo because he has a Master Sword. (Meistershwert is just Master Sword in German)

Iridium

Smash Hero
When should we get these uploaded to the smilies section?

Just wondering.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fire Emblem Warriors plays infinitely better than Hyrule Warriors.

The gameplay is so much better it isn't even funny.

It's quite literally Hyrule Warriors but without the obnoxious bosses, ass backwards adventure mode map (items killed it) a rating system that isn't unbearable and move sets that are actually fun to play.

I largely prefer FEW in everything but roster which can be pretty easy to forgive.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem Warriors plays infinitely better than Hyrule Warriors.

The gameplay is so much better it isn't even funny.

It's quite literally Hyrule Warriors but without the obnoxious bosses, *** backwards adventure mode map (items killed it) a rating system that isn't unbearable and move sets that are actually fun to play.

I largely prefer FEW in everything but roster which can be pretty easy to forgive.
This man gets it.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I actually really liked Fire Emblem Warriors. I do admit, though I don't have that much of a issue with Fates as a whole, there may have been too much Fates stuff.
FEW was a great musou honestly. The large amount of clones being the biggest issue with the game imo. Though Koei isn't afraid to change up movesets so it means we got a lot of characters the first time through which can be made more unique in a future game which will be easier on them as well since they will be used to the engine at that point.

Untouch

Smash Master
Apparently the day 1 patch is out, or kinda out rather, no one can actually see what's in it.
It's 400mb, which seems pretty large to me, but I don't really have any metric to base that off of.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
If Sylux gets in and I don't see anyone ******** about Metroid overreparesentation, I'm gonna personally go to the houses of each person in this who complained about FE overrepresentation.
"Oh but it'd be 5 characters, not 6!"
Big ****ing difference. Not to mention people were already whining when Robin and Lucina were announced.
Also, fyi, Roy was a vet, not a newcomer. Melee fans were asking for him even before DLC, you guys brought this onto yourselves.
I'm a metroid fan, but the hunters and Sylux can get off my lawn.
Metroid? only if creative
Mother Brain boss? sweet
upgrade Dark Samus? excellent

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think I'd make Hector the Ike echo with electric effects and hauling the Armads over his shoulder cockily rather than being in a combat stance.
I guess add more spinning to his smash attacks. And bring back the Ike-copter and repurpose to make it the Hectorcopter
Black Knight who keeps Ike's old FSmash so that normal Ike can get a new one... red blade beams
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand maybe also Greil with... no fire effects and the Urvan.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
I have Amazon Prime and got the game as soon as the pre-order went live, I chose the delivery on release date option as well. I checked my order today and my delivery date says Dec. 31 (which was the placeholder release date back when I pre-ordered the game). I contacted customer support and they assured me the date was wrong and it would be delivered this Friday.

The game is sold out on the German Amazon site, so that worries me a little.
What does your invoice say? If it’s charging you for the quickest shipping option then you should be okay. Or at the very least, your stress could level out.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Apparently the day 1 patch is out, or kinda out rather, no one can actually see what's in it.
It's 400mb, which seems pretty large to me, but I don't really have any metric to base that off of.
Oh? Any source on that? I'm curious-

Roberk

Smash Champion
Guys, you're supposed to abandon the thread AFTER Ultimate comes out, you can't leave just yet.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If Chrom's animations could get rid of the reverse grip with Chrom being a super low-effort Echo, I think it'd be fine. Now that I think about it though, Alm could actually take a bit of Link's moveset since he's left-handed, can use a bow, and carries a shield in his promotion class.
That might work...if they hadn't ****ed up Link by making him a righty. Very annoyed about that.

I'm noticing I'm liking Young Link much more now than I did in Melee. Out of curiosity, did anybody happen to catch if YL got the jump attack for a dash, or is he still has the Melee one. I think we've seen that YL got the flurry back.

Oh, and is YL's uair in the Melee pose, or the weird open-legs Sm4sh pose Link got?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So lately Lady Gaga has been tweeting about playing through Bayonetta, Kamiya acknowledged this and people took it as some sort of lead up to a reveal that would feature her in some way, perhaps even singing a new song for Bayonetta 3.

Today this emerges...

We might be looking at a Metroid, Bayonetta, and potentially Smash situation for Nintendo at the VGAS?

Either way this might be potentially huge for the Bayonetta franchise in the least.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gosh dang it, I finally find a Grinch model (player-model but you can use those as ragdolls) and the download is no longer available.

It also seems to be the same one (if I remember correctly) that was used in those pictures with the ugly yet somehow funny Steve (which I can't find either) during the Grinch Leak times, so I have no idea how they got a hold of it assuming that the Grinch model was taken down earlier, because the post with it is from 3 years ago.

Sucks because I really wanted to make a Garry's Mod or SFM thing with The Grinch and Geno T-Posing on Steve.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So lately Lady Gaga has been tweeting about playing through Bayonetta, Kamiya acknowledged this and people took it as some sort of lead up to a reveal that would feature her in some way, perhaps even singing a new song for Bayonetta 3.

Today this emerges...

We might be looking at a Metroid, Bayonetta, and potentially Smash situation for Nintendo at the VGAS?

Either way this might be potentially huge for the Bayonetta franchise in the least.
Huh, that'd be weirder than Keifer Sutherland in Metal Gear. But not quite Negan in Tekken weird.

A shame we didn't get to see her Bayo 3 look for Smash.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What's important here it's that it's from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0.
So either it is indeed a big patch and not just a simple bug fix.
Or their changed the way they note versions, because for Smash 4 it took us from version 1.0.0 to 1.0.9 to get to the 1.1.0 in July 2015.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I now demand that Eddie Murphy voices Rodin.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I am 100% here for Lady Gaga being involved with Bayonetta.
As a big fan of both. Thinking Gaga is one of the most talented pop musicians in the game (good vocals, knows how to put on a show), and is on top of that a great actress? She's also in the past used a lot of gothic motif, etc to promote her music.

And Bayonetta being a great action game which uses the gothic and powerful female traits much like Gaga.

They fit like a glove in my opinion.

She also was dancing to the song that screams Bayonetta the most of hers:

https://genius.com/Lady-gaga-aura-lyrics

Maybe they're using Aura for Bayonetta 3 or a Bayonetta 3 reveal?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What's important here it's that it's from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0.
So either it is indeed a big patch and not just a simple bug fix.
Or their changed the way they note versions, because for Smash 4 it took us from version 1.0.0 to 1.0.9 to get to the 1.1.0 in July 2015.
Yeah that's generally how that numbering scheme works. First number is usually completely separate editions of the game such as what is common in MMO Expansion or other similar games. Second number is usually major patches or drastic modifications to the game, while the third number is usually a minor bug patches or smaller modifications.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Today this emerges...

I'm all for getting the Bayonetta brand more recognizable.

And the fact one of the most well-known singers of the current generation may have some involvement w/ the franchise can be a MAJOR boost.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Regarding teh VGA thing.. did Leaky panda directly hinted at DQ? or he said that it may be related to VGA and we speculated DQ?..

Cause who knows? we may be sleeping on Monster Hunter XD

(although i would LOVE a Celeste stage in smash as some kind of separate DLC)

Still, so far i expect Metroid prime trilogy (HD??? *drools*) and Metroid Prime 4 news, maybe even a release date?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm all for getting the Bayonetta brand more recognizable.

And the fact one of the most well-known singers of the current generation may have some involvement w/ the franchise can be a MAJOR boost.
Between Smash and now potentially Lady Gaga, Nintendo is not pulling out any stops to try to boost it up as a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom