• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Quick question. Anyone else just have smashboards just stop working today? Had the site just stop responding for a while twice today
Yeah, it just happened to me too.
Me as well. Possibly a lot of traffic given how close we are to release day.
I also had issues but mine lasted for like an hour were I just couldnt reach the site.

We have almost got to the 9000th page. I wonder if we will be capable of making it in time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It is a SEGA owned IP.
And they don't give one single **** about it. Meanwhile Nintendo has been the saving grace behind Bayonetta 2 and 3.

I'm giving Nintendo every single bit of props for Bayonetta's continuing rise, not Sega.

We wouldn't have a Bayonetta franchise if it was up to Sega.

D

Deleted member

I don't know about Lady Gaga being involved with Bayonetta 3. That raises my eyebrow a bit.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is also a hell of a time to get Lady Gaga to promote Bayonetta.

The woman is having serious Oscar buzz right now for Best Actress.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So lately Lady Gaga has been tweeting about playing through Bayonetta, Kamiya acknowledged this and people took it as some sort of lead up to a reveal that would feature her in some way, perhaps even singing a new song for Bayonetta 3.

Today this emerges...

We might be looking at a Metroid, Bayonetta, and potentially Smash situation for Nintendo at the VGAS?

Either way this might be potentially huge for the Bayonetta franchise in the least.
Let's be honest here... If it weren't for Smash, Bayonetta would never had been this big, and this probably would've never been one the table...
The power of Smash is certainly something else

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And they don't give one single **** about it. Meanwhile Nintendo has been the saving grace behind Bayonetta 2 and 3.

I'm giving Nintendo every single bit of props for Bayonetta's continuing rise, not Sega.

Yeah but like that divorced mom, she still technically has custody of the kid.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is wrong

No items

:4wendy: only
:fdb:
ohmahgawd
Um...his mother died long before he even picked up a sword

I don't think so. Joker's got a few moves to set him apart from Bayonetta. Joker fights with a knife-like weapon in his game and that's unique since we don't have a knife welder in Smash (Sheik doesn't count). Joker can summon various demons of 8 elements while Bayonetta only focused on dark like elements.

Plus the weapons? Joker doesn't even wield double pistols like Bayonetta and his Final Smash could be including people from the Phantom Thieves

You

I like you

Except I hope it makes waves instead of burning bridges. Paul Heyman is another one who can get on Punk's level, if not, higher TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4
Becky could do better
So lately Lady Gaga has been tweeting about playing through Bayonetta, Kamiya acknowledged this and people took it as some sort of lead up to a reveal that would feature her in some way, perhaps even singing a new song for Bayonetta 3.

Today this emerges...

We might be looking at a Metroid, Bayonetta, and potentially Smash situation for Nintendo at the VGAS?

Either way this might be potentially huge for the Bayonetta franchise in the least.
Bayo getting the right buffs
I now demand that Eddie Murphy voices Rodin.
but...Lee Everett
It is a SEGA owned IP.
A Sega owned IP that Nintendo is currently funding and promoting

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah that's generally how that numbering scheme works. First number is usually completely separate editions of the game such as what is common in MMO Expansion or other similar games. Second number is usually major patches or drastic modifications to the game, while the third number is usually a minor bug patches or smaller modifications.
So we can expect a big Patch overall right?

OKAY OKAY. AHEM.

Let's place the bets. Who think Nintendo will do an ooopsie and forget to delet leftover stuff?

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Let's be honest here... If it weren't or Smash, Bayonetta would never had been this big, and this probably would've never been one the table...
It probably would've never reached beyond cult status, but there's not anything necessarily wrong with that. Mind even before Bayonetta was in Smash, Nintendo seemed pleased with the character's success.

This just seems like they acknowledge that she can be bigger than she is.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
regarding bayonetta, there is all this talk that bayonetta isn't doing SUPER hot on switch, but as far Bayonetta 1 did pretty good for an old game on Steam when released some time ago.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
When someone says they hate Sega, I'm 99% sure it's because they don't like 3D Sonic games, and the rest of thier recent games just don't exist

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Interestingly, you'd think Nintendo would just buy the rights from Sega since they aren't using the brand, Nintendo is.

Of course, I've always felt Nintendo should purchase Platinum

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let's be honest here... If it weren't or Smash, Bayonetta would never had been this big, and this probably would've never been one the table...
nah...if it wasn’t for Nintendo, Bayonetta wouldn’t be near as big as she is right now...Smash was a simple bond to boost her up even higher

D

Deleted member

Why? Lady Gaga and Bayonetta mesh quite well.
I dunno. I always find it weird when a celebrity, espically a singer, gets involved with a gaming series like Bayonetta. Maybe it's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
When I hear someone say the don't like Sega, I ask myself: "How is that possible?"

Then I remember Sonic 06 exists...

And everything makes sense again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Please let me blissfully ignore the saving roll my least favorite game company played in the existence of one of my favorite franchises.
Your least favorite game company is Nintendo?

I got some awkward news about Smash for ya.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know you would prefer PSASBR to Smash, but is Nintendo really that bad to you? What about EA and other game company.
Nintendo’s reputation in the industry makes it near impossible for other companies to compete with them. Nintendo has the ability to make incredibly dumb decisions and not have it cripple them for life. Nintendo has the ability to run a $5,000 deficit for a decade and not be affected. They acted like complete assholes during the American court cases that led to the creation of the ESRB and never faced repercussions for it. Mario and Zelda freaking suck. I could go on and on.

Nintendo and Disney. I hate them both equally. Man I could write an essay about Disney.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nintendo’s reputation in the industry makes it near impossible for other companies to compete with them. Nintendo has the ability to make incredibly dumb decisions and not have it cripple them for life. Nintendo has the ability to run a $5,000 deficit for a decade and not be affected. They acted like complete ******** during the American court cases that led to the creation of the ESRB and never faced repercussions for it. Mario and Zelda freaking suck. I could go on and on.
holy **** this is one of the most brain dead posts I've ever seen on the internet

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo’s reputation in the industry makes it near impossible for other companies to compete with them. Nintendo has the ability to make incredibly dumb decisions and not have it cripple them for life. Nintendo has the ability to run a $5,000 deficit for a decade and not be affected. They acted like complete ******** during the American court cases that led to the creation of the ESRB and never faced repercussions for it. Mario and Zelda freaking suck. I could go on and on.

Nintendo and Disney. I hate them both equally. Man I could write an essay about Disney.
You say all these valid things but then you insult Mario and Zelda like that.

Bruh

D

Deleted member

Wonder why ZeRo's video titles have that one sentance in all caps.

"Link feels like a NEW character in Ultimate!
Inklings look VERY STRONG in Ultimate!
Palutenia got BUFFED in Ultimate!
I'm really EMPHASIZING THESE WORDS in Ultimate!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Are the VGAs in Vegas?

Because I'm trying to think why Britney Spears would be there?

She might not be for the VGAS if she's just rehearsing for her Vegas show at the same place as the VGA performers.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wonder why ZeRo's video titles have that one sentance in all caps.

"Link feels like a NEW character in Ultimate!
Inklings look VERY STRONG in Ultimate!
Palutenia got BUFFED in Ultimate!
I'm really EMPHASIZING THESE WORDS in Ultimate!"
I know the guy well enough to say that he's just optimistic about almost everyone at this point. Just, very...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom