• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
the stages are more creative and lively than any stage in smash bros history, the characters are portrayed as accurately as possible, and the level of fanservice is generally way better than smash is. the devs of psabr cared more about the individual franchises they had to work with more than sakurai does, at least more obviously. ultimate is the first time we're even getting shown that the devs care for things other than fire emblem, kid icarus, and metal gear

tibby from rhythm heaven megamix
Tibby was from a 2015 game you silly goose

osby

Smash Obsessed
ultimate is the first time we're even getting shown that the devs care for things other than fire emblem, kid icarus, and metal gear
I don't normally call opinions objectively wrong, but you asked for it.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I also hope for the best with Porky, man what is DLC even going to be?

The white hared chick from FE looks cool because she as an axe which is very nice.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I don't normally call opinions objectively wrong, but you asked for it.
sorry i forgot earthbound

smash bros has severely neglected most of its franchises in a variety of ways, while certain franchises get overinflated representation compared to others. you can't tell me that fire emblem should have more than double the amount of kirby characters at this point

D

Deleted member

the stages are more creative and lively than any stage in smash bros history, the characters are portrayed as accurately as possible, and the level of fanservice is generally way better than smash is. the devs of psabr cared more about the individual franchises they had to work with more than sakurai does, at least more obviously. ultimate is the first time we're even getting shown that the devs care for things other than fire emblem, kid icarus, and metal gear

tibby from rhythm heaven megamix
43144ece-66ba-4e48-ad95-5e976ba74f2a.jpg

There no real basis for the Llyod/Yuri.
They're not guaranteed or whatever for them
What's strange however is that It just happens that basically, most sources heard about those two names, and only those two names and no one else for a possible Namco rep.

Only the Square-Enix rep seems to be "guaranteed" so far
man i really need to worm my way into these discords to know whatever the **** is going on with the leaker scene

D

Deleted member

So who will you bring to the final boss battle?

I'm bringing :ultlink: and :ultsamus: no matter what. I dunno about the last one. Maybe either :ultsnake:, :ultbayonetta:, :ultsimon:, :ultshulk:, or :ultmegaman:.

Pakky

Smash Hero

smash bros has severely neglected most of its franchises in a variety of ways, while certain franchises get overinflated representation compared to others. you can't tell me that fire emblem should have more than double the amount of kirby characters at this point
With them all be variants of three characters.

At least Pokemon has different characters that bring new things to the table.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
sorry i can't hear any of you over the sound of me playing as sir daniel fortesque the skeleton knight

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

FE is more varied with its playable characters (in the main games) though. Which is why it has so little stages, ATs, and items compared to a lot of franchises.

One the flip, Zelda has few characters but many stages to represent the different games

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I think three of our five could be Monster Hunter, the Square Enix rep, and then Sylux. I mean it's too perfect. Sylux appears in the ending of MP3, hinting he will be in the sequel. Sylux appears in the ending of Federation Force in 2016. MP4 is announced at E3 2017. Sakurai announces he will be leaving the DLC choices to the higher ups at Nintendo, who will likely wish to promote upcoming games. His "buddy" Trace (the red insect guy) appears as a Spirit in the base game, but he does not, even though they all were trophies in Brawl.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
FE is more varied with its playable characters though. Which is why it has so little stages? ATs, and items compared to a lot of franchises.

One the flip, Zelda has few characters but many stages to represent the different games
four of the fe characters are the same character, varied my ass

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
four of the fe characters are the same character, varied my ***
The FE series is very varied in that there’s so many characters I mean. Which is why it’s repped less in stages and items and more in fighters as opposed to other series

osby

Smash Obsessed

I think you have an exceptionally twisted perception of what is a good representation.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
man i really need to worm my way into these discords to know whatever the **** is going on with the leaker scene
I wish too.
Most of what I just did was just summary of what was said yesterday.

And the time I get information is by luck and IRL friends, I wanna get into those Discords too lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed
four of the fe characters are the same character, varied my ***
No, they are different characters. On the flip side, half of the Metroid characters are the same character, regardless of your definition.

EDIT: Also, PSASBR also two of the same character.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
For Kirby it is a shame that BWD ain't in.

Marx is touch and go for me personally.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hopefully we see F-Zero get some love as well

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Kirby games are definitely about Kirby. There is not central character in FE games. The protagonists change
that still doesn't change the fact that kirby has been neglected in smash since brawl while fire emblem keeps getting more and more new **** that it doesn't need

osby

Smash Obsessed
Kirby games are definitely about Kirby. There is no central character in FE games. The protagonists change
Wait, are we allowed to say sales aren't the only thing that affects the character numbers in Smashboards?

Untouch

Smash Master
How many different character names do insiders even have at the moment?
Sounds to me that they have more than just Lloyd/Yuri and SE.

Zeox

Smash Champion
You know I kinda hate the fact that Porky wasn't automatically confirmed as a boss or spirit, the fact that is missing is awful because it gives me hopes that I know will end in dissapointment.
I was ready to accept him as a boss and I would have think that it was cool, spirit would be lame but I can get over it (and at least I could use his face as a profile pic for the smash tags). But now? now is all or nothing, now is either a character or he is just 100% missing.
In fact if he is later added as a spirit, now it will hurt more than before.
This is like betting all your money, is all or nothing... and I know is gonna be nothing.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
that still doesn't change the fact that kirby has been neglected in smash since brawl while fire emblem keeps getting more and more new **** that it doesn't need
1) I agree about Kirby. Bandanna Dee not being playable is a crime.

2) Who says we don’t need that new FE ****? Not me it’s my second favorite Nintendo series after Zelda

Pakky

Smash Hero
Been thinking can I even be mad at a roster of 80 despite who gets in?

Like 80 its a lot...

Though its weird that Sonic has no one while SE and Castlevania have two.

Though no Shadow doesn't have me torn up to be honest. Tails and Eggman mean more.

I mean he has his historical significance I just personally struggle with him as a character as his archetype as a rival has been filled in the series at least twice by other characters.

Metal Sonic and Knuckles have always made more sense to me from multiple point of view as a 'opposite' or 'antithesis' to Sonic.

Last edited:

DaChef

Smash Rookie

Look at this.

This is the next peak evolution of Ganoncide.

The Chromcide combo.
We call this the Emmeryn in the Fire Emblem circles :4pacman:

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Neglected". Yeah, that explains new stages and items.

Comparing franchises to victimize one is ridiculously easy and in the end, pointless. Why the heck Star Fox has more characters than Animal Crossing? Why Metroid have more characters than DKC? Why Castlevania and Street Fighter got same amount of fighters? See, easy. It doesn't prove anything.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

Look at this.

This is the next peak evolution of Ganoncide.

The Chromcide combo.
cHRoM haS tHe WOrsT ReCoveRY!!!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How many different character names do insiders even have at the moment?
Sounds to me that they have more than just Lloyd/Yuri and SE.
They definitely have more I think, but they probably have 0 basis. Or just random asspulled names.
But the SE and now Llyod/Yuri weirdly seems to be the one who come back the most? I think?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
"Neglected". Yeah, that explains new stages and items.

Comparing franchises to victimize one is ridiculously easy and in the end, pointless. Why the heck Star Fox has more characters than Animal Crossing? Why Metroid have more characters than DKC? Why Castlevania and Street Fighter got same amount of fighters? See, easy. It doesn't prove anything.
well the difference is that kirby is my favorite franchise ever and i don't like fire emblem at all

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wish Rayquaza and Porky came back as bosses, at least to have more that don't originate from Smash.

I'm down for playable Porky though, too. If he ends up being the shill character for like, a Mother 3 remake, I'd lose my mind with joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom