• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Zelda was bottom tier since 4, I still loved and played the hell out of her. And occasionally kicked *** (I’m not that good)
i mean yeah i still like playing as dedede in smash 4 but its exciting to hear about your favorite character getting buffed

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel I'm one of the few people, who thinks that Zelda, has a good enough amount of representation. :)
You're acting like this game has more than a CSS.

Zelda was bottom tier in 4, I still loved and played the hell out of her. And occasionally kicked *** (I’m not that good)
Zelda is super underrated. She's so fun to play as. Though I'm glad they buffed her.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Ok so, very very very important question now that we are talking about tiers... did Bayonetta got nerfed or she is as strong as ever?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
he still does. combos dont change that. and these are highly situational at best.
>Ledgetrapping on a Get-up with Jab or F-air/N-air strings is HIGHLY SITUATIONAL For Marth/Roy/Lucina and now Chrom with his new UP-B who can Suicide confirm

My man...

My man...

What the **** are you smocking?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh no my point was because it was a character focused franchise it got more characters than, say, Zelda. Which has a core cast (so most popular one-off characters are ATs) and a lot of diverse locations (hence the stages)
That I definitely agree with, I can see I ended up reading your point backwards.

I feel I'm one of the few people, who thinks that Zelda, has a good enough amount of representation. :)
Yeah, I don't think Zelda is dying for another character either, it's honestly fine as is, it's more that it'd be cool if it got one given how long it's been, and there's a lot of potential to be found in it as well. It's nothing like DKC or Metroid's situations pre-Ultimate though.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok so, very very very important question now that we are talking about tiers... did Bayonetta got nerfed or she is as strong as ever?
She got nerfed but a lot of people act like she didn't, so they can keep complaining about her when they lose.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There are honestly some pretty great things about PSASBR. It's not all bad like some folks pretend it is.

Hazard Toggle long before Smash had one.
Not only does everyone have their own victory theme, they have MULTIPLE.
A lot of characters are incredibly fun to play. Special mention goes to Sackboy and Nathan Drake.

blackghost

Smash Champion
>Ledgetrapping on a Get-up with Jab or F-air/N-air strings is HIGHLY SITUATIONAL For Marth/Roy/Lucina and now Chrom with his new UP-B who can Suicide confirm

My man...

My man...

What the **** are you smocking?
first off a suicide confirm is in itself situational.
combos that rely on a move like nair when we have parrying isn't going to go well.
we dont know if this is true combo or not.

until we know more about ledge play assuming that any particular strategy on the ledge will work because it worked in older games is not a good idea.
I'm not smoking anything. I just don't jump to conclusions. chrom will have to show me A LOT to change my opinion on him. combos in this engine aren't hard to come by.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I love Kirby too so I can felt you, I wasn't really a big fan of Smash 4 roster anyways.
I think Smash 4 had the best base roster personally. We finally got the female representation that had been neglected for the first three games

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Smash 4 had the best base roster personally. We finally got the female representation that had been neglected for the first three games
Cue "we don't need to fill quotas!" complaints from people that were rooting for more villains.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Yeah but I never cared about female or male representation, I just wanted more characters that I knew who they were and main villains... That's what happen with opinions, some people love one thing and others other things.

beans

Smash Lord
I wonder if Susie is going to be a main stay now. She's on the Kriby Twitter a bunch now right?
Bit of a Necro but I guess. She was once on some kind of bulleting board for Kirby stuff.
She got salty when Fransisca appeared
K25th_Twitter_(153).jpg

LetterO

Smash Lord
Marshal from Rhythm Heaven Fever doesn’t have a Spirit which is especially strange because he had a trophy in Smash 4. Plus he was created before 2014.

Not losing hope RH lets gooo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What she says: I'm okay
What she means: Whether people like it or not, Fire Emblem has grown to become one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and it has surpassed long-lasting ones with recent titles. Just because random people on the street won't know what a Chrob is, it doesn't mean it's not highly successful within a core community that grows more and more with the time. The same also applies to Indie games who people act as if they are somehow inferior to AAA titles even though Nintendo is actively trying to support and promote them with Nindies. In just a few years, Shovel Knight has become an icon of his own yet Smash fans can't recognize that: an icon of indie games, an icon of successful kickstarters, a new icon for platformers and a new icon of gaming as a whole. If you believe the Assist Trophy is a mockery of how he's "not worthy" rather than recognition for the success of this small game developer, you are sorely mistaken and clouded by your own biases. The gaming industry didn't freeze when you were a kid, new icons are born and rise to fame while old ones eventually fade into time. This doesn't devalue anyome, but it's important to understand that everyone's time eventually ends but their legacy doesn't.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What she says: I'm okay
What she means: Whether people like it or not, Fire Emblem has grown to become one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and it has surpassed long-lasting ones with recent titles. Just because random people on the street won't know what a Chrob is, it doesn't mean it's not highly successful within a core community that grows more and more with the time. The same also applies to Indie games who people act as if they are somehow inferior to AAA titles even though Nintendo is actively trying to support and promote them with Nindies. In just a few years, Shovel Knight has become an icon of his own yet Smash fans can't recognize that: an icon of indie games, an icon of successful kickstarters, a new icon for platformers and a new icon of gaming as a whole. If you believe the Assist Trophy is a mockery of how he's "not worthy" rather than recognition for the success of this small game developer, you are sorely mistaken and clouded by your own biases. The gaming industry didn't freeze when you were a kid, new icons are born and rise to fame while old ones eventually fade into time. This doesn't devalue anyome, but it's important to understand that everyone's time eventually ends but their legacy doesn't.
Adding new characters is perfectly fine. As long as they add every single old character I like first. /s

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Seems like a waste of time and resources to make two costumes that were temporary. I'll say that Mecha Ridley wasn't a huge loss but Meta Ridley doesn't really resemble the charcoal skin beyond the wings.

Accept :ultdaisy:
We all thought Chrom’s Up B was a nerf from Roy.

But in fact, it was a BUFF!
He fights for his daughter and friends
something something female villains
all we need is :4wendy: and kinda :ultdarksamus:
Ah, nice, more "Sakurai bias" shrieks.

(or she's okay because Sakurai didn't create her? I'm not good at this stuff)
Whoever Sakurai touches will get special treatment...Amazon Pandora for Smash

D

Deleted member

Female villains who should be added into Smash:
-The Enchantress
I don't accept constructive criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom