• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No sir, friend. Take out Banjo and Steve and put in...um... well... there actually isn't a Microsoft rep I'd want. I'd be neutral towards Steve, buuuut… I'm kind of against Banjo getting in, but that's just me
It's ok to have wrong opinions every once in a while. :happysheep:
/s
Snake actually had his fair share of Nintendo action. Hell, Twin Snakes was playable on the Wii. And we later even got MGS3 on the 3DS.

As with Cloud, the FFVII remake was no where close to release and he was considered more a representation of the Final Fantasy series. Not to mention, now Final Fantasy VII is coming to the Switch, the original version.

Whereas Resident Evil 2 original or remake, it's absent. Not really comparable.
I wasn't trying to be entirely serious with my previous post but I'll address your points anywho.

You're right, Snake did have good representation on Nintendo, he did. But that was pre Brawl. Which is the whole point I was making to begin with. You said the games that Dante and Leon were starring in weren't CURRENTLY coming to Nintendo systems. When Snake was added Metal Gear Solid 4 was no where close to coming to the Wii and MGS3D was 4 years away.

When, Cloud was announced for Smash we had no reason to believe FFVII Remake was that far away. There was gameplay in 2015. Saying that Cloud is meant to represent the entirety of FF is fine. Absolutely. But you can't just ignore the fact that his next BIG game was coming out and Nintendo wasn't getting it. We're getting FFVII now, sure, but that could apply to Dante or Leon too. Who's to say DMC won't get a release on the Switch down the road. You can't just say "Now we're getting it so it's ok". It doesn't make any sense in terms of speculation.

Leon is heading to Switch RIGHT NOW. Resident Evil 4 is on its way to the system as we speak. It is comparable. You can't just change facts to suit your argument. Resident Evil 4 is Leon's game and it's coming to Switch, confirmed, when Snake was announced there was no sign of an MGS coming to the Wii or DS. You also failed to prove my point wrong by mentioning that Cloud was in that 3DS FF game that was announced in the same December Direct that announced his inclusion in Smash.
Pffft! That's where the line of subjectivity comes into play. You're kidding yourself if you think Capcom or the majority of consumers have that mindset about the face of the franchise. Spring Man he ain't.
Opinions are meant to be subjective that's the point. I was saying that his supporting cast is far more interesting. You can think other wise and that's fine. I was just stating how I felt. Most of speculation is subjective. There's really no need to say "Pffft!" over my opinion of a character
Source? Not that it would matter either way since he wasn't really the creator of Leon to begin with.
It was meant as a joke and I thought I made that fairly obvious but here ya go.

D

Deleted member

About Edelgard, I would like to support her, but Three Houses hasn't had any showing since E3 this year, and that was our first exposure to it. Even if the January Direct comes and we see gameplay, I feel it'd be too late.

We at least knew about Fire Emblem Fates to a certain degree and it came out a few odd months or so before the reveal in the Final Smash Presentation, in Corrin's case, but considering how many Nintendo titles have been getting the worldwide release treatment, who knows when Japan will get Three Houses.

Also, DLC has all been chosen probably earlier than Sakurai's official statement, so it really ain't looking too good for any Three House rep/Edelgard, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
wasn't granblue rep completely deconfirmed by the person who said she was gonna be dlc? like the negotiations were 100% definitely not for smash bros but something else entirely

anyway lets talk about the only good potential newcomer, Poochy

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
No sir, friend. Take out Banjo and Steve and put in...um... well... there actually isn't a Microsoft rep I'd want. I'd be neutral towards Steve, buuuut… I'm kind of against Banjo getting in, but that's just me
Against Banjo and Kazooie? I have now officially seen everything.

Its one thing to prefer another microsoft rep but to actually deny one of the leading N64 mascots a chance to smash is....how

Bionichute

Smash Champion
also noctis is the literal worst choice for a second final fantasy rep, probably tying with lightning

ff15 is a bad game and i think people would like if a good game got represented over obvious marketing shill

Flyboy

Smash Hero
About Edelgard, I would like to support her, but Three Houses hasn't had any showing since E3 this year, and that was our first exposure to it. Even if the January Direct comes and we see gameplay, I feel it'd be too late.

We at least knew about Fire Emblem Fates to a certain degree and it came out a few odd months or so before the reveal in the Final Smash Presentation, in Corrin's case, but considering how many Nintendo titles have been getting the worldwide release treatment, who knows when Japan will get Three Houses.

Also, DLC has all been chosen probably earlier than Sakurai's official statement, so it really ain't looking too good for any Three House rep/Edelgard, IMO.
I am so sick of hearing people parrot that we are getting a Three Houses rep when everything is pointing to the DLC being decided or at least from the years beforehand, us not actually getting any Three Houses info, even a release date, any time soon, and people fundamentally misunderstanding the process that lead to Corrin being added as DLC. It's frustrating.

wasn't granblue rep completely deconfirmed by the person who said she was gonna be dlc? like the negotiations were 100% definitely not for smash bros but something else entirely

anyway lets talk about the only good potential newcomer, Poochy
Poochy would be great fun. The idea of Poochy with Baby Mario on his back, or Poochy using arts and crafts as moves...I like it. He's a cutie.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Well, if the statement that all the characters being chosen are from before 2014 is indeed true then yeah Edlegard probably isn't happening, as unfortunate as that may be

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
also noctis is the literal worst choice for a second final fantasy rep, probably tying with lightning

ff15 is a bad game and i think people would like if a good game got represented over obvious marketing shill
You can have good Characters in bad games you know. Because Noctis is surprisingly popular while his game suck dog****.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Okay, now I think I've gotten to the bottom of what Smash 6 will be!
It's standout differentiation from other Smash games will be that every fighter in the roster is a character that was an Assist Trophy from Ultimate, while everyone else that was a fighter (like Mario, Link, Kirby, etc. ;)), are ALL the new Assist Trophies.

It's perfect, and no one will complain because it has Waluigi.

Right?:4pacman:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
You can have good Characters in bad games you know. Because Noctis is surprisingly popular while his game suck dog****.
i mean yeah but he would still have to represent the game in some way, presumably you would just hold special button down until you win the fight/occasionally use potions when you get too much damage

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If we get Sephiroth all I want is for somebody to make texture mod of Kirito over him. It's so much fun playing as busted Kirito with Sephiroth's busted moveset in Smash Infinite.

This video doesn't do it near enough justice, but it shows that there's potential.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Against Banjo and Kazooie? I have now officially seen everything.

Its one thing to prefer another microsoft rep but to actually deny one of the leading N64 mascots a chance to smash is....how
To me, it doesn't matter how influential the character is. All I'm saying is that I would not want Banjo in Smash, because I've never liked his character or his games, even as a child, that's all :) I'm not denying his influence by any means. I'm just saying he's not a character I have any interest in.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Poochy would be great fun. The idea of Poochy with Baby Mario on his back, or Poochy using arts and crafts as moves...I like it. He's a cutie.
my idea was having him tag along with the poochy pups from woolly world 3d and crafted world, like pikmin but permanent and less multi faceted

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
i mean yeah but he would still have to represent the game in some way, presumably you would just hold special button down until you win the fight/occasionally use potions when you get too much damage
Er, no?
I mean Cloud doesn't turn Smash into a turn-based battle and Pac-man doesn't turn into a 4-way circle moving on a screen.

What the actual ****?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I-
I-

I actually like FFXV...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Considering Marth doesn't have to wait his opponent to make a move before attacking, this is stupid.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Er, no?
I mean Cloud doesn't turn Smash into a turn-based battle and Pac-man doesn't turn into a 4-way circle moving on a screen.

What the actual ****?
cloud imports the limit meter from his games and pac-man actually does do that for multiple moves and also includes elements directly lifted from his games

sakurai likes making characters accurate to their source material, which is why bayonetta ended up so op

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I-

I-

I actually like FFXV...
I like it too
I enjoyed the free roam and the gameplay somehow. The story and Characters chemistry was top notch between the protagonist (except Lunafreya who's just a cardboard box)
But doesn't mean the games doesn't have tons of flaws that got fixed with all of the updates and DLC

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I-

I-

I actually like FFXV...
I like FFXV too.
I love the "bro'd-trip" and just the experience of it.
But I don't like playing the combat system.

cloud imports the limit meter from his games and pac-man actually does do that for multiple moves and also includes elements directly lifted from his games

sakurai likes making characters accurate to their source material, which is why bayonetta ended up so op
Yeah but holding circle down is a command input, not his gimmick.
Noctis's gimmick is throwing stuff and teleporting to the stuff he just threw.

What you're suggesting is just pants-on-head stupid and is probably the dumbest thing I've heard... all day.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yeah but holding circle down is a command input.
Noctis's gimmick is throwing stuff and teleporting to the stuff he just threw.

What you're suggesting is just pants-on-head stupid and is probably the dumbest thing I've heard... all day.
almost like

jokes

osby

Smash Obsessed

Fox ended up being OP without being accurate to his source material

So, there is nothing he can adapt from that game? He can just give Noctis a teleport, he doesn't have to make it a one button combo like in the original game.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Speaking of bad Final Fantasy games. Lightning Returns...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
4 days until Ultimate and 3 days until the VGA. ;)

Well 4 days for all you guys. It's still gonna be a while until I get this game and a Switch. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom