• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Conspicuous lack of music is a far bigger indicator of who may be DLC than the lack of a spirit, IMO.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The Rare characters only show up in 1/40,000 copies of the game.
This makes these characters TRULY Rare™

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
still, I'm curious now.. if Nintendo wanted Dark souls content on smash, they would need to also speak with Bandai Namco, or only From Software? (again, From Software publish the games on japan)
Maybe both to be safe, but if From publish it in Japan, From develops it, and both Nintendo and From are Japanese, They'd probably only need to talk to From Software.

Conspicuous lack of music is a far bigger indicator of who may be DLC than the lack of a spirit, IMO.
That'd suggest Elma, with the lack of XCX content, right? Or maybe Dixie/Cranky for the lack of Tropical Freeze?

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
A song's in the game, it MUST mean there's a DLC character coming.
I mean... just ignore the fact that Smash 4 had 2 Style Savvy songs.
I think the point was that appearanly 1 of the new songs for Style Savvy was linked to a blank stage file or something like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My opinion, too.

Not for Celica, tho
I mean for Dixie as well, really. Notable lack of Tropical Freeze content in general.

Vaan they didn't put in Twilight of the Gods and all the ports are of songs from Alm's route it's gotta mean something.

D

Deleted member

The Rare characters only show up in 1/40,000 copies of the game.
This makes these characters TRULY Rare™
Does that mean that those copies of the game would be Rare Ware?
That'd suggest Elma, with the lack of XCX content, right? Or maybe Dixie/Cranky for the lack of Tropical Freeze?
It does feel odd that XCX got completely skipped over for music, when even the less talked about Nintendo games like Captain Rainbow get music.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
You got a source on that? As a hardcore Crash fan, I'm interested in knowing this information
I recall a company that makes crash bandicoot merchandise accidentally leak that there's gonna be a crash game in 2019. It also leaked console/pc ports of the remasters too, so it's legit.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
A food for the thought, What if Day one patch may have something that is left accidentally behind, and it have some reference to some future DLC like PP?

I'm postitive that they would done this before when they accidentally left the Ryu and Roy character files in smash 4, but it seems that they finally learned the lesson on how to not leave some contents that would implying something new to come in future.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean for Dixie as well, really. Notable lack of Tropical Freeze content in general.

Vaan they didn't put in Twilight of the Gods and all the ports are of songs from Alm's route it's gotta mean something.
That's right! Never give up hope Possum Man!

A food for the thought, What if Day one patch may have something that is left accidentally behind, and it have some reference to some future DLC like PP?

I'm postitive that they would done this before when they accidentally left the Ryu and Roy character files in smash 4, but it seems that they finally learned the lesson on how to not leave some contents that would implying something new to come in future.
Weren't other characters named as Mario before they released to avoid pulling another Ryu/Roy situation?

D

Deleted member

This is probably true. Most notable characters with a lack of music are Celica, Elma and Dixie off the top of my head. How much modern Kirby music is there?

Last edited by a moderator:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

Real talk, you shouldn't hold your breath on them learning their lesson on that. I mean, it's Nintendo we're talking about here, the same company that's porting the worst nsmb game to switch. You should never think they learn their lessons, because Nintendo is Nintendo and they don't play by out rules.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If only this held true for Advance Wars lol.

Pissed that it couldn't even get one track in the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it pretty suspicious that Xenoblade Chronicles X and ARMS have absolutely no music. Especially ARMS.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
DLC Predictions:

1. Waluigi - I think that nintendo took notice of the fan disappointment towards him continuing as an assist trophy. Twitter was on fire for a few days with the Waluigi memes. Before you say "well he's an assist trophy, so he won't be a character," get out of here. Just because it hasn't happened in the same game before doesn't mean that it can't happen in this one.
Imagine actually thinking this.
Dude they won't make an assist trophy a character. They won't remove an item from the game and make a full-fledged character because people whined about it on twitter.

D

Deleted member

What is Your reaction to these being dlc fighters after the datamine?
View attachment 180422
"Man, I feel bad for the people who just wasted 25 bucks"
And RIDICULOUS priority, don't forget that
It ****ing DELETED a fully charged Charge Shot from Samus, The things that do like 32% damage
IT CAN DO WHAT!?
I WAS LITERALLY THINKING TO MYSELF "How funny would it be if Vampire Killer just deletes a fully charged Charge Shot? Ha, not gonna happen though."
Richter's f tilt comes out frame 12, and ganons jab comes out frame 6 or 7.
also, belmont's F tilt is also not that useful against projectiles. Shield, spot dodge, or jumping would be a better option.
Especially jumping, since I believe everyone in Smash ultimate has a 3 frame jump squat
I was more talking about the full duration of the move since it seems Richter can just do a second STilt almost immediatelly after the first.
This.
We were straight up told Music is part of the DLC packs, yet people are assuming the Spirits are a deconfirmation when we don't even know if the new fighters will get those. For all we know, they could just reuse the ingame ones.
And I'll say this, there's a mysterious lack of of Gen 2 songs, this clearly means Feraligatr is upon us

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is probably true. Most notable characters with a lack of music are Celica, Elma and Dixie off the top of my head. How much modern Kirby music is there?
CROWNED, Robobot Mech theme are two of the ones I know are in.

If only this held true for Advance Wars lol.

Pissed that it couldn't even get one track in the game.
Well, never say never. If Advance Wars does happen, I might pop-off because I know YOU'LL be hype.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Elma and Dixie as DLC...would truly be like...the absolute #1 dream come true.(REALLY need to temper my expectations with all this music talk...as even ONE of them is unlikely let alone both)

I would take ANYTHING after that and wouldn’t “want” a character strongly for a long long time.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Does Star Allies have any tracks?

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
"Man, I feel bad for the people who just wasted 25 bucks"

IT CAN DO WHAT!?
I WAS LITERALLY THINKING TO MYSELF "How funny would it be if Vampire Killer just deletes a fully charged Charge Shot? Ha, not gonna happen though."

I was more talking about the full duration of the move since it seems Richter can just do a second STilt almost immediatelly after the first.

This.
We were straight up told Music is part of the DLC packs, yet people are assuming the Spirits are a deconfirmation when we don't even know if the new fighters will get those. For all we know, they could just reuse the ingame ones.
And I'll say this, there's a mysterious lack of of Gen 2 songs, this clearly means Feraligatr is upon us
lol Gen 2 already has Pichu, it's not going to happen XD

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Jet Force one is here (sorry, I just screenie'd it from a video):

Video of the guy going through it is https://clips.twitch.tv/PoisedDoubtfulWoodcockJonCarnage .

I'm not saying it means anything, but it's at least there.
Y'know, seeing how the English name is mentioned, I wonder if this means NoA would've almost screwed up as well if this means nothing.

There seems to be a DISTINCT lack of Super Slam Bros. Melee.
Michael Jordan confirmed?
Wait, Mother is the first Melee track in the video.

SiIvaGunner has a Megalovania rip with Space Jam.

Sans is Ness confirmed?!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah for Pokemon Music, Gen 2 and Gen 5 got robbed. Literally 2 of my 3 favorite generations. At least Hoenn's got some stuff.

But no Vs Red?
No Johto Gym Leader?
No vs N theme?
No Unova Elite 4?
No Unova Champion?
No vs Hugh?

Those are some real heat.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Yeah but even then, it's probably not a good option for getting rid of projectiles. I wouldn't rely on it heavily if someone has a fully charged projectile or is spamming, because there is a high chance you'll get punished for it

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I actually think one thing that's being overlooked is the stages. Stages take a long time to produce; environment art just requires a lot of assets and that naturally requires a lot of time to make. Especially if five stages are being made simultaneously.

So, honestly, I think characters with portable stages may be our first few picks. Characters form recent games that can have assets ported directly as a time saving measure, the way the new Mario and Zelda stages are ported from their respective games.

To that extent, we're also missing the Jungle Hijinxs stage. There's the obvious reasonable explanation that the background mechanic doesn't play well with stage morph, but slap some snow on that stage, remove the background gimmick entirely and call it "Homecoming Hijinx" and you've got yourself a cheap, fast to produce Tropical Freeze stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom