• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Honestly I think KOS MOS would be fantastic in Smash. Especially since Xenoblade 2 has a design for her that would work imo. Getting the trilogy on Switch would be awesome too.
Have you checked out my KOS-MOS thread? There's a lot more on her there if you are interested!

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
THERE WAS HOPE DAMMIT

Honestly, people playing Ridley don't have the best impressions right now as his combos stop working at mid percentages and he's apparently lighter than Lucario. His Nair is godlike though
After seeing footage from actual competent people playing the game; I can agree that Ridley combo game is lackluster.

Meanwhile Wolf; gets to fair him across the stage like sheik because Ridley Down-Tilt is unsafe on hit at low percents :D..............

Also the fact that he's midweight and he just as a big as zard IS BAD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man,

I'm going to get hate for this but I would really love to see Solid Snake from Konami's Metal Gear Solid in a Smash game!

It will probably never happen...
Might as well just add ****ing Cloud at that point and rename it to Playstation Battle Royale

osby

Smash Obsessed
Let's just pretend it's the early 2000s here in this thread from now on
Man, I'm so glad Sakurai didn't listen those crazy Sonic-fanboys and put him into the game. Now we can have real Nintendo characters like Banjo-Kazooie and Geno in next game!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
For all my complicated feelings about Overwatch I can't deny that Tracer would be a hoot and a half to play in Smash.
She’s the most likely but personal preference has me pulling for D.VA. Just think when she gets her final smash and she says NERF THIS!

Also Junk Rat has moveset potiential written all over him.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bro this girl is out here making a name for herself at 17 and here I am at 21 with the biggest event in my life for the next couple months being a video game releasing lmao
Are you my Shadow, because you are me and I am you.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
They have their bad sides but it's worth it only for the story and writing. I miss well-written Sonic games.
Sonic and the Secret Rings is probably the closest I have to a guilty pleasure video game.

I know the on-rails and motion control is definitely a bit much. For that reason alone it's not a game I can exactly recommend

But I do genuinely enjoy like the story and the setting of the Arabian Nights and such. Also the Party mode (While it did have some motion control jank worse then Mario Party 8 at times) was a better "Sonic Party" then Sonic Shuffle was.

Oh and I can't forget the Music. Especially...

Quick, start posting Linkin Park tracks

though wait I guess they were more a mid-2000s deal
Rest in peace, Chester Bennington though.

Early 2000-2004 Sonic games can be forgiven since it was early platforming days for everyone, but they still weren't games that would be considered 'good' nowadays. 'Good' games transcend time & graphics like GoldenEye for the N64 or Final Fantasy VI (III) for the SNES. Things that were good back then, but not now, can't really be considered 'good' games.
I'll always have a soft spot for the Adventure games. And can never personally call them bad games.

But I hope we can at least agree that for however many games from that time may have aged. It was a much better time to be a Sonic fan then it was from 2006-2009 (Aside from bright spots like Sonic getting in Brawl)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh right we're pretending Melee just came out
*clears throat*

This doesn't make sense, this is it? But they had Ridley at the E3 trailer! I thought for sure Ridley would be playable. I'm actually disappointed as that sounded cool. If they ever make a Smash 3, I'm going to show support for Ridley. Who's with me?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Might as well just add ****ing Cloud at that point and rename it to Playstation Battle Royale
Good thing an unfitting character like Snake will never be in Smash, right?

I mean... I'm sure we'll get Simon Belmont as a konami rep before Snake can even be considered.

ha

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sonic and the Secret Rings is probably the closest I have to a guilty pleasure video game.

I know the on-rails and motion control is definitely a bit much. For that reason alone it's not a game I can exactly recommend

But I do genuinely enjoy like the story and the setting of the Arabian Nights and such. Also the Party mode (While it did have some motion control jank worse then Mario Party 8 at times) was a better "Sonic Party" then Sonic Shuffle was.

Oh and I can't forget the Music. Especially...

It's a nice thing that I don't feel guilt from pleasure. :p

*clears throat*

This doesn't make sense, this is it? But they had Ridley at the E3 trailer! I thought for sure Ridley would be playable. I'm actually disappointed as that sounded cool. If they ever make a Smash 3, I'm going to show support for Ridley. Who's with me?
This reads like the beginning of a villain origin story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*clears throat*

But Mother Brain is the main villain, it makes no sense to add a random boss to the game. What's next? A Piranha Plant?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nice joke.
But Geno is a definitive shoe-in if they add a Squaresoft Character. He's super cool in Super Mario RPG where he do 30min of exposition and just OS enemies! Since he's a Mario Characters I'm sure Squaresoft can't say anything about him!
Cloud? Pfff-... He's the reason Nintendo and Squaresoft aren't friends anymore!

D

Deleted member

Nice joke.
But Geno is a definitive shoe-in if they add a Squaresoft Character. He's super cool in Super Mario RPG where he do 30min of exposition and just OS enemies! Since he's a Mario Characters I'm sure Squaresoft can't say anything about him!
Who's Geno?
But regardless, the first Squaresoft character they're gonna add is Crono. He's such a big character from the SNES era and I'm sure his game will get a sequel eventually. FF doesn't have a true main character they can't really pick anyone from that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A Piranha Plant?

Pfft does he hate us or somethin'?

He might as well add random tripping as a game mechanic.
And while he's at it with all of that nonsense, he might as well add that stupid dog that laughs at you in Duck Hunt, as a fighter...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know who'd be cool? Richter from Castlevania. Simon is kinda boring but Richter can do a backflip!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nice joke.
There's no way Geno will get in, Toad is far more important and he already appears in Peach's moveset. In the next games they'll add him for sure.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Melee's roster ****ing sucks. FIVE Zelda characters? It's not even that big of a series and who the **** asked for Young Link? And he's just a Link clone. Sakurai clearly has biases for the series, meanwhile, Star Fox, an actual big Nintendo series, has only two characters and Kid Icarus doesn't even have a rep when Metroid has had Samus since 64!
Just watch as in the next game, Sakurai adds the Link from that new Zelda game that looks like ****. Zelda really is a kid's franchise lmao, can't wait to have three ****ing sword users from one franchise.
And what's worse? Ganondorf is just a Falcon clone. Why doesn't he use his cool sword he has in his victory screens. It just proves Sakurai is lazy.
I was really hoping Geno would get in. I know he's not that popular, but someone I knew on VGchat wanted him. But this Mr. Game & Watch guy is great! I love the Game & Watch Gallery games! He does Oil Panic!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Isaac is basically guaranteed. He probably did well on the ballot and he can still be DLC if he isn't in the base game.

:sadeyes:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai is NOT making a game after Melee.
Y'all are nuts.
They'll make Melee 2, I'm sure of it. Giga Bowser's origins have yet to be explained.
I heard a rumor about James Bond from Goldeneye, wouldn't that be sick? They can even include an Austin Powers clone!
I thought James Bond was in the game already? My cousin said he unlocked him by beating Cruel Melee.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Is it true? Are we getting day one patches like the Reddit piranha plant leaker said?

Nintendo is definitely one of the few cooperations that make an effort to ensure that their games are just as much fun as they are profitable. They're a business, they want to make money, they are no one's friend, but they're also aware that a good game brings a happy customer.
To add to this. I would go as far to claim that Nintendo is the one that keeps the industry evolving. Nintendo is always looking for innovation. Sometimes it Works, sometimes it doesnt but no one can claim that Nintendo doesnt take some risks. As long as they keep this thoughts, we can get cool stuff like the switch. (And force others like play to cpoy them at the very least)
"Ridley's getting in Smash 3 guys, I can feel it... He's a shoo-in" :yeahboi:
Funnily enough, Ridley has always been there in Smash like Charizard, King Dedede and Piranha Plant. Are there any characters left that have been in every iteration of smash and arent playable now?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
People are saying there is no
Chun Li spirit
but I'm pretty sure we saw one where you fight
Zero Suit Samus
, right?

Status